Network TV versions restore extra footage.
When Larry reads out the title of a student's "coffee table book" hesays "One hundred girls I'd like to fuck". This like was (badly) dubbed over by the MPAA to say "pork" (presumably to achieve a PG-13 rating as use of that word in a sexual context results in an R). The edited version was exported around the world.
When aired on Comedy Central, the following alterations were made:
- The title of the book Larry announces to the class is now called "100 Girls I'd like to Boing" instead of 'pork'
- Whenever Larry would call his wife a 'slut' it was changed to 'sleaze'.
- A scene, right after Larry dismisses class because he has a headache in his eye, that was deleted from the video but is present now is where Owen meets up with Larry in the parking lot and asks why he didn't read the book.
- A scene where Owen and Larry meet right after Owen calls and asks why Larry didn't like his book. They were talking under a street lamp before they were sitting outside the grocery store.
- A scene with Larry at the club he said he was at while Margaret's "murder" took place.
- A scene of Larry and Beth camping out after Larry was talking to Rob Reiner where Beth had a copy of Margaret's book, which Larry took a strong dislike to.