User Reviews (102)

• Quantum Leap was a fantastic science fiction series. Past time travel shows had the main character(s) going back (or forward) in time as themselves. Quantum Leap was so special mainly because Sam is leaping INTO people and experiencing their lives first hand. This made for some very interesting stories like when Sam leaps into a woman or a black man. Of course, having a hologram from his own time (Al) guiding him on his adventures was another key component to the show.

One complaint I've always heard about the show is: if Sam puts right what once went wrong, wouldn't he be altering the future? The answer is no. Sam doesn't leap into anyone famous (often) and so he would not be altering the future dramatically for many. And whenever he does leap into someone famous, everything works out the way history recorded it.

NBC made a huge blunder cancelling this series, especially cancelling it on a cliff hanger. And why won't Universal make a movie? Fans want it and Don Bellisario has expressed an interest in doing one. So come on. Put what right what NBC did wrong and make a movie.
  • An absolutely perfect show. It wasn't too technical, it wasn't too Sci-fi. It had the drama of life, and offered some comedy at the same time. Instead of seeing the same person with the same people dealing with their own life, we saw many, many, many different lives all being influenced by one great man who in the end could be deemed a saint. I am happy that the show was able to finish, and just disappear like some other great shows. The show had a good conclusion. It was happy, but it wasn't sappy or ultra-moralistic and joyful. It was the perfect ending for such a case. There isn't a thing they could change about this show. The only thing they could do to make it worse would be to make a movie for TV. Those type of things usually ruin a good show. Quantum Leap though is definitely a TV legend.
  • b_e3Kpi28 August 2004
    A highly imaginative idea from Donald P. Bellisario.

The selection of Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell to play the roles of Sam (the quantum leaper) and Al (Sam's advice-giving & holographic guide) was spot on.

The story lines were great. The series consisted mainly of fictional plots, interspersed with the odd story based on real life events. In addition, the show's original signature tune was great!

The acting, especially from Scott and Dean, was first class. In fact, you don't need to be a sci-fi buff to enjoy Quantum Leap ........ a Bellisario masterpiece!

________ 9 out of 10! ________

Carl Giwa.
  • I have to admit I may be a little biased as I've always had a soft spot for this programme. I recall watching the pilot when it was originally aired in the UK (1990 I think?) and remember, even then, being transfixed by the subsequent weekly 'leaps' of its main character, Dr. Sam Beckett.

I always thought it was more than just a Sci-fi/ comedic drama as, at times, it was incredibly insightful. The concept was completely innovative and didn't rely to heavily on expensive effects to convey the belief of time travel.

Sam's holographic sidekick Al Calavici (played by Dean Stockwell) provided an above average level of humour, making the viewer laugh out loud at issues which some would consider untouchable (his remark of 'bigot in a moo-moo' regarding one very ample character's racist comments being an example!)

There appeared to be no subject to dangerous to touch and that was what made the programme so engrossing. By examining key issues that could have affected anyone (sexual harassment, racism and teenage pregnancy to name a few), the viewer could not help but be drawn into a theoretical discussion as to the rights and wrongs of each subject.

I could go on but all I can add is that I highly recommend this T.V classic to newcomers as, once you've seen it, you will become as hooked as the millions of other devotees out there!
  • The network gave up on this one quickly,which is a shame.

The adventures of Quantum physicist Dr.Sam Beckett(Scott Bakula,never better it would seem)were documented from week to week as he was sent to leap into the lives of people that spanned the main character's lifetime. Nobody can see him in the situation he's in except for a guide by the name of Al Calovicci(Dean Stockwell,about as sharp a character actor as they come).

The show's initial flush of success in its first season and a half would be slowed by the network's lack of confidence in the show's plateauing ratings,despite a VERY loyal fan base. In fact,if I'm to understand it correctly,had it NOT been for the loyal fans of the show,it probably would've been quietly ushered off the air about a year or two earlier than it actually was.

I LOVED this show. Sure,the conceits of time travel in a movie/TV show can be hokey and can stretch the levels of disbelief,but this show still captured the wonder and possibilities of righting wrongs and recapturing the American past Beautifully. Interesting character leaps and a great interplay between Sam and Al made this show all the more watchable.

Maybe someone,someday will decide to do a movie of the this show.Until then,the DVDs I suppose will have to do.
  • What can I say? I loved this series! It had humor, it had sorrow, it had drama, it had suspense. It spanned the dimensions of every emotion, even when the plot was painfully thin.

Sure, there were some episodes that would have been better left on the cutting floor, but for the most part each episode was a single contained enjoyable event.

I didn't like the ending, but as it has been said the network decided to end the series and so they didn't care much how it ended.

I'm waiting for the entire series to be out on DVD (the first season is already out). I could watch these over and over ... and I will!
  • I loved this show! It was amazing. I was almost crying when it ended. "THEY CAN'T LEAVE IT THERE!", I shouted. It is kind of sentimental and honest at the same time. Everything from the theme music to the inventiveness and unpredictabilty of it all makes it a truly classic show. I hope they make a movie of it some day. If they do it'll be a box office smash.
  • I was so busy rearing two kids as a single mom while working, volunteering, and taking college courses that I totally missed the original run of the series. I'm playing catch up now, watching the re-runs on Sci-Fi. I happened to run into it just a few months ago -- and only b/c I stayed up too late one night. At first, I thought it was just *too cute,* but now I'm hooked. If I can't stay up till 2AM, I have to record it to find out how the next episode goes. It's fabulous!

I especially like how the show leads me to examine the history of the years between the 1950's through the 1980's -- the good, the bad, and the very, very ugly (e.g., the segregated South). Sure, it's encapsulated into a 60 minute segment, but the writers managed to hit enough of the key points to make it worth the air space. And sure, it's P.C. -- sometimes simplistically so -- but that only goes with the territory of the show's premise, which is the hope that we can make this world a better place for everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, mental abilities, or socio-economic class. That's not a bad philosophy. In fact, it's the same hope that led me to bear children, and then rear them to have hope for their own futures.
  • I enjoy originality. Quantum Leap falls into this, but works on so many levels.

First off, Scott is Sam and Dean is Al. Period. These two created their characters and it's a hoot seeing how they progress throughout the series. The two's bonding (and bantering) is a gem of the series. You'll never cease to get a chuckle from these guys. Next, the writing and storyline is so rewarding that you really get caught up in what leap will be next. Each show was unique in their own way. QL also has the ability to have you laughing one second, serious in another, and then anticipation of will Sam finish the mission. Add in some accidental history changing (we're talking time travel here) and bump-ins with historical figures and Quantum Leap shows there is no competition. Although I was disoriented and perplexed by the last show, that's only because I wish these two could have kept leaping.
  • As a moviegoer, I don't have a great esteem for television. Sure, it has spawned many good shows, and cult characters. But I rarely felt the need to watch EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, afraid of missing even one. And believe me, I'm no short-sighted elitist.

But Quantum Leap is an absolute classic. It's got Heart, great characters, ambitious stories, and it's both accessible and clever. It may not be the strongest Sci-fi concept, but it's the most likely to reconcile the fans of Star Trek AND Magnum P.I. Who could've imagined that?

Donald Bellisario created a true gem of a show, centered around Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) a scientist whose time-travelling theories are backed up by the military, represented by the retired Navy Admiral Al Calavicci (Dean Stockwell). The experiment goes wrong, and Sam is sent in the past, with most of his scientific knowledge and memories temporarily erased. His body vanished, his mind now trapped in other's bodies, and Sam soon discovers that a "superior authority" can transfer his mind from time to time, only if he manages to "fix what's broken" and give his "host" a better life. Al can communicate with him through holographic form (only noticeable by children, animals - "and blondes, too") in order to help Sam to complete his mission, whether it's to inspire a song to an artist, defend the case of a young Black in a Southern State court during the segregation days, or help a journalist to obtain a Pulitzer Prize while covering the war in Vietnam.

The variety and humanity of the show is what makes it stand above the others. Some episodes are light and humorous, when others are darker, even tragic. Some conclusions are bittersweet, and help the main characters to evolve slightly, but regularly throughout the show. What helps even more is the fantastic chemistry between the two main characters. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell have found the role of their lives, delivering touching, funny, overwhelming performances, sometimes in the course of only one episode! They're brilliant, as well as the writing, and art direction who recreates every decade from the 50's to the 80's (and sometimes beyond!) perfectly.

As for the ending... without spoiling it, it's by far the most astounding, bold and emotionally charged episode ever produced in the TV history, as far as I know. So many TV shows end up in disappointment (while so many don't even bother to give us a finale, at all...). "Quantum Leap" ending is rewarding, and intriguing. It's ambitious, happy and sad. It's both on the human scale, and larger than life.

Oh boy, what a show.
    Quantum Leap is without a doubt the best show ever created. The idea behind the show of traveling in time to put the wrong things right is incredibly unique, and they managed to pull it off quite effectively. Each episode was extremely well done, and there was never one episode that I didn't like. That is what impressed me the most about this show. In every TV show, there is always at least a couple of episodes that you think are only average at best. However, with Quantum Leap, they were all excellent. You see Sam play everything from a pregnant woman to a chimp. The best thing of all, was that even though you always knew that Sam would leap out at the end of every episode, you were still kept on the edge of your seat wondering if everything would turn out OK. The show never felt predictable, despite having a predictable formula.

Then you have the outstanding on-air chemistry of Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. They are the reason this show was so good. Bakula's goody two shoes type attitude and his overall morality played off of Stockwell's sex obsessed and overall ladies' man personality extremely well. In my opinion, Al Callavici is one of the best characters ever created. The guy has done everything, the guy is hilarious, and the guy is obsessed with sex. What's not to love?

This is a show that you will ware your VCR out watching. You can watch the show over and over, and never get sick of it. I have every episode on tape, and I have watched the show many times. I still love it just as much as I did after the first time that I saw it. In my opinion, the show could have gone on for at least two more seasons. Both Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell were willing to do it, and show creator Don Bellasario was ready for it as well. NBC decided not to sign on. With the loyal following the show had, I think that NBC made one of its biggest mistakes ever.

My one complaint was how the show was ended. The main reason people watched the show, was to see Sam return home. In the series finale "Mirror Image" it ends with simply saying "Dr Sam Beckett never returned home".

But overall, Quantum Leap was the best show ever put out on television!!

• Quantum Leap is just purely a timeless series. While unfortunately now more considered one of the best "cult classics", it should be considered one of the best series television has seen. Of course watching today the effects reflect the era of TV it was from but it doesn't interfere with the premise of the show.

I was still quite young when the series first aired and unfortunately looking back I wished I would have paid more attention to it. Thankfully due to the DVD sets being released I get the opportunity to fully experience it as an adult and am thoroughly enjoying rewatching it. While not what most would consider true Sci-Fi, it was close enough to it and was more fantasy based, although it kind of defies any pigeonholing of a certain genre. I think for this reason it may have been difficult for some to fully wrap their heads around. It had a very unique way of mixing in drama and comedy while at times also giving the viewer a look back into the past and giving a history lesson all at the same time

Sam (Scott Bakuka) and Al (Dean Stockwell) have the perfect chemistry together. Sam's straightlaced, Boy Scout and always wanting to do the right thing matched with Al's well placed comedic relief and naughtiness with a sex crazed, one track mind (not to mention those clothes). It was just a match made in heaven. Their ongoing banter was always a highlight and often made more humorous by Sam often appearing either plain silly or almost crazy by seemingly talking to himself in such an animated way when he doesn't realize others are seeing him during these conversations with Al. The characters genuinely cared deeply for each other and I think as the series rolled on the offscreen friendship of Bakuka and Stockwell transferred to the screen. Scott Bakuka has remarked many times how much he learned from Dean Stockwell, seeing as this was his breakout into the mainstream after mainly bit parts and mostly doing theatre until QL. Dean Stockwell on the other hand, survived Hollywood as a child actor in the late 40s, and much like his character he really experienced a lot in his life and career. I really can't picture a better duo than these two actors for this show.

Sure there were some episodes that weren't as strong as others, but that's going to happen in a long running series. For the few so-so episodes there were plenty of plain stellar ones to make up for them. I particularly always liked when Sam leaped into a woman. For one, it takes a confident man to be in drag as much as Bakuka was, and secondly, not only for his character, but I think for male viewers in general, it really did provide a different look into the struggles and situations that women faced throughout history, sprinkled with some humour in it as well. The final season did break the original mould a bit but still managed to stay true to the origins of the show.

I know there is supposedly a script written for a movie adaptation, but I'm unsure if it would tarnish my memories and attachment to the show. I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of the series if done properly and the right leads cast. With reboots of many popular shows from the 80s being done these days this might be one that might have some of the best potential of them all, especially with today's special effects.

I'm admittedly a shameless Scott Bakuka fan, and really do think he is an incredibly underrated actor, especially with his musical abilities to go with his acting. Sadly he was handed a lot of poorly written scripts through the years (although he managed to do a lot with little in Enterprise, likely by not always taking it as serious as some actors might and having some fun with it despite some abysmal writing) but it's nice to see his ressurection in his early 60s on NCIS: New Orleans and starring in a hit show again. At the end of the day, Quantum Leap is his finest work to date and the series will always have a timeless element to it and can be enjoyed by people of any age. QL will always be a 10/10 for me. I can watch the episodes over and over and always enjoy it.
  • Blkbush18 May 1999
    Quantum Leap was one of the greatest Science Fiction series ever. A unique take on time travel, within the life of the "leaper" provided an endless supply of story lines. And not every story had to involve rich, powerful, or well-known people. So many stories could, and did, involve average Americans living their lives.
  • A classic series, great scripts, great music scores, great acting, everything. A film just has to be made, if only to finish the series in its rightful place.
  • I am a big fan of Quantum Leap. I used to watch it when it came out first, without fail every Monday night. I loved the fact that Sam (Scott Bakula) could leap from one body to another and in any time, but only within his own lifetime.

Dean Stockwell who played Al was great as Sam's link to 1995. Unfortunately Sam doesn't make it back to 1995 and the ending of the series left me wondering what would become of Dr. Sam Beckett.

LISTEN UP HOLLYWOOD!!! This would make a great movie, as this series had and still has a lot of fans out there!

• I'm making this comment in answer to the summary above where the poster states he didn't like the ending.. OK, everyone to their own, but personally I thought QL had the best ending of any show I've ever seen.

There was just so much happening you've got to pay attention, but it's certainly worth it...

When Shtopaw leaps... wow what a twist, I got totally blindsided by that, I just did not see it coming. Great stuff.

Also pay attention to the end credits.. that pic isn't a stock frame, Scott and Dean stood for those 30 sec and smiled to us.. as if to say..'Goodbye, and thanks for watching. It was a really nice touch and I know I appreciated it.

(Best Cartman voice) I love those guys.
    Quantum Leap is a bizarre show which is classed as science fiction despite there barely being any references to the genre throughout the show.

The programme never seems to evolve. It started out from season 1 as a show where Scott Bakula (who has the most irritating voice and face on TV) goes into other persons' lives and puts "right" what once went "wrong". Firstly, it's pretty arrogant and egotistic of Sam Beckett: a man who jumped into a dangerous untested time machine not bothering that he might kill himself and make his wife a widow or get brain-damaged; Al Calavicci: a serial womaniser with the morals of a pimp; and a computer called Ziggy who isn't human to make judgements on what the "rights" and "wrongs" might be throughout each episode.

The "rights" and "wrongs" are just based upon Political Correctness even to the point of Sam teaching people politically correct terms to people. Most of the characters on the show have been victims of discrimination at one point and as a result the deep south is visited far too many times. Character development is very poor. In almost every episode, Sam attempts (and succeeds) in turning various bigots to his value system. The various characters are shallow, predictable and just seem to be there so Sam has someone to talk to. So to recap Sam assumes the roles of and/or has to deal with women, ethnic minorities, racists, the aged, mentally disabled people, animals etc. Whatever one's political opinions it gets boring very quickly which leads me onto my next topic.

As I stated the topics for the episodes are far too based upon the liberal agenda and there aren't nearly enough episodes which answered the scientific questions in the show like how does "leaping" actually work, what it's like in the future, who's controlling his leaping etc. All we ever get are episodes which say they're set in 1964 or whatever but never mention the date again. An example of the good episodes were the Captain Galaxy one as it dealt with another (almost) leaper, the evil leaper episodes, the episode where Sam and Al change place. The evil leaper episode ended so cheaply. I wanted to know WHO she was and who Lothos and Zoe really were, where they came from and WHEN they came from but instead they just ended it all with "she's free now". What an insult (!) and next episode it went back to the standard formula of Sam rescuing someone at the last minute or challenging someone's hatred of goats or whatever. Those episodes I mentioned were the only unpredictable ones; every other one never got me interested.

Sam seems smugly to end each episode having converted the impious to his moral code, and grinning with a girl in his arms. Sam never seems to sleep or have any breaks; in fact he's constantly running around stopping domestic violence and other trivial crimes. Take the Marilyn Monroe episode for example. Sam goes through all that just to have her make one last film and they find out she dies anyway. Does God or the oft-mentioned clichéd "Higher Power" really think that's more important than stopping a war or a rape or something?! The last episode has Al the bartender spouting some nonsense about how Sam changing a few lives is actually changing a lot more because the lives he's saved go on to do good. I don't buy that for a second. That assumes that all the people he saved and their children, friends etc go running after people and save them from quitting dancing because of Deafness etc like little Jesuses as Sam did. Rubbish. You're seriously deluded if preventing a divorce equates to stopping wars etc.

The goofs in Quantum Leap are numerous. I cringed the number of times Sam's "reflection" was out of sync. Al's shadow is constantly seen, and shadows fall on him; when Al does that disappearing thing it's so obviously the cheap camera trick of stopping the film as the background changes slightly. Sam's real reflection is seen many times too. They just didn't bother with the sci-fi part of the show. The scripts, the effects and the ideas weren't geared towards sci-fi at all. It's like they couldn't be bothered to think outside the likes of "let's have Sam leap into a PETA activist who tries to change the attitude of a squirrel hunter in 1970!" Because of the lack of sci-fi, the idea of time travel was limited to getting cheap ratings by having Sam leap into famous people. This got so prominent it got embarrassing: he even leaped into Doctor Ruth. What next? Leaping into Arnold Schwarzenegger to make sure he plays a part in The Terminator?!

The best episode ironically was the last one. Sam finally has the chance to get some answers and even meets another leaper but what happens? The network cancels the show (just when it was getting better) and treats us with a disastrously soppy ending of Sam making sure Beth doesn't remarry. Two things about that: one, why does God or His liberal appeasing name of "Higher Power" think that's more important than stopping a death etc; and two, how do they know preventing Beth from remarrying is a good thing? Perhaps Al starts to beat her or betrays her (he is a womaniser after all); or perhaps the children Beth has with her new husband are never born. That's not nice is it? Erasing someone's existence just to mend Al's broken heart. They never thought it through. The moral messages of the show are messed up and the show is just a soppy drama with (very) slight sci-fi undertones.

In short, the show wasn't sci-fi enough for a sci-fi show and the idea of rescuing oddballs and misfits through time got tired very quickly.
    In 1966 a fairly original series popped out of nowhere about two guys who accidentally got caught in a government experiment that was inventing a portal (or bridge, or Stargate) that could transverse time - THE TIME TUNNEL. (A half-century later, shows featuring "ancient astronaut theorists" would opine that the show was based on an actual government project -- but forgive me, I digress). Time Tunnel was, to be fair, not too shabby. About a quarter century later along comes Quantum Leap, which is remarkably similar in concept, save and except for the fact that the traveller literally becomes a person of that period, as opposed to being himself. A lot of fuss has been made about the superb casting, but in the opinion of this viewer, Bacula nailed the part (and was duly awarded by his peers therefor) while Dean Stockwell was just plain flat-out annoying. The quality of the episodes was uneven, but the concept was very strong, and Bacula was always solid, so even the bad ones were good, and the good ones were great. What happened next is unclear. Either the ratings tanked or the network suits did a job rotation. One day the show was on the air, and one day it was not. There were lots of high hopes for Bacula to return to something big, but that never really happened, which is a shame. (Bacula did lead the prehistoric STAR SHIP ENTERPRISE in the last -- and astonishingly awful -- attempt to re-imagine the TV franchise, but was sandbagged by some of the worst writing in the history of TV, yet alone the space saga. If memory serves, there was actually an episode in that short-run series about how a male member of the crew became pregnant from contact with another species?? Lesson to be learnt: network TV did not die, it imploded from an imbalanced sense of self-worth.)
  • Donald P. Bellisario is an excellent quality TV producer. All of his shows have a unique production value & a quality look. This show is his best. I know JAG fans would not agree with me, but to me this show is true science fiction where JAG is a mixture of military & science fiction. To me the mixture is not as strong as the pure thing.

Interesting that this show starts in the desert with a science experiment of time travel. That is the same place it's ancient Irwin Allen relative, The Time Tunnel started. Donald P. Bellisario improves on the concept presented by Irwin Allen by actually making his time traveler (Quantum Leaper Scott Bakula) assume the roles of real people in the time he was transported too. This makes for better plotting, but the basic idea of being stuck in time & not being able to get back is the same premise used in Irwin Allen's show.

Bellisario enlists Dean Stockwell as a companion who seems to be able leap into all these times but since he can not usually been seen except by our leaper, he usually is just around to bug him & give him clues about where he is & what he is doing. In spite of all the publicity that Quantum Physics got from this show, it is entirely based upon science fiction.

In fact, if you watch the entire series, you learn more about history than science. The leaps are almost always into eras where something historic is going on & our main character is always being put into peril or is fumbling around trying to figure out just where he is. It is a good show though unfortunately it can not even be watched for history as very often the history is revised to fit out characters & the plot into the circumstances.

So you watch it for the Science Fiction & a good cast of regular actors & guest stars. It is very entertaining & to me much better than the higher rated & over hyped JAG Bellisario did later on CBS.
    It sounds trite, but it is actually one of the greatest television shows of all time. One man leaps from life to life doing for that person or someone in their life what they could not do for themselves. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell are the only series regulars, but part of the brilliance of the show is that Bakula is a different person every week with a different "mission" and a new set of supporting characters. Bakula plays straight man to Stockwell's badly dressed ladies man. A great meditation on life, because everything is always going wrong for Bakula, yet he concerns himself with helping others around him rather than dwell on his own problems.

P.S. It is also a inventive plot device to have each episode flow slightly into the next, giving viewers a natural teaser of the next show.
  • This show satisfies awe, wonder, faith, love, and even a little bit of science. As it is a science fiction, I still feel it is more of a religious show. I like it. We cannot change the past, but we should learn to change the future with our present. For all of this, it is difficult, and we cannot do it alone, unless being a self reliant loner sounds like a good way to spend your entire life. This show helps to enlighten you in ways you can really do just that. However, there is a huge flaw in the science side of the show, in that if time travel were possible, and if SAM really did accomplish these things, then the chain reaction caused by it would have most likely made it so that I wouldn't be here now to make this review. However, maybe I am here in place of another person who would have been here in my place, because of what SAM did. So, to save the other me (who isn't me), maybe man should never have traveled through time, and I should just admit that in light of that, I don't deserve to be here. However, because the show includes God, we can also assume that everything will get taken care of with a little faith.
    Quantum Leap is without a doubt, the best show, ever. A perfect story line, and a great cast makes this show come together to provide an excellent show after show, and it keeps you on the edge of your seat between episodes wondering what will happen to Dr Sam Beckett.

Dr. Sam Beckett is a man who created a theory of how to travel through time. The project name is Project Quantum Leap. Which is a time travel experiment based on String Theory. When the government threatened to stop funding Project Quantum Leap he drastically stepped into the accelerator and leaped. He is then sent to a different time and he is a different person. To the audience we see him as Sam but to everyone else he is the person he has leapt into. He can be a man, woman or even animal. He leapes into a different person when he puts right what went wrong. He has the famous line at the end of every episode which is "Oh Boy". Sam Beckett is played by the great actor Scott Backula.

From the help of Al Calavicci, full title Rear Admiral Albert Calavicci, a womaniser who has married 5 times but has never got over his first wife Beth, who remarried when Al was declared MIA in Vietnam. To Al his happiness and his heart always belonged to Beth. He met Sam when he was drunk and trying to beat a vending machine. The two became friends very quickly and they worked together on the Starbright Project. After the StarBright project they started to work on Project Quantum Leap together. When Sam leaped Al was able to speak to Sam as a form of a hologram which only Sam can hear and see. Al helps Sam by telling what to do to be able to leap again hoping that the next leap will bring Sam home. Al explains Project Quantum Leap with the following theory "Life is like a piece of string, one end your birth, the other end your death. Tie the ends together and your life is a loop. If you can travel fast enough along the string, you can arrive at your birth. Ball the loop and the days of your life touch each other out of sequence. Therefore moving from one part of the string to another, will move you backward or forward within your own lifetime" Al is played by the BRILLIANT Dean Stockwell.He is the greatest actor that I have ever layed eyes on. He has a very funny personality which can change when he wants it to so this is what makes him a great actor.

Gooshie is the head computer programmer in Project Quantum Leap. He is known for his bad breath. He is rarely seen. He is played by Dennis Wolfberg.

To sum up Quantum Leap it is the best program that has been made. It contains comedy, action, seriousness and sadnesses. It is a family program that children and adults of all ages will enjoy. If you haven't watched Quantum Leap I would highly recommend to watch it.
    I LOVED this programme, I was obsessed with it when it came out....am still obsessed...They HAVE to make a Movie of this, if only to clear up some of the some of the questions that Mirror Image left, like (HERE'S THE SPOILER!)what happened to Sam if he never got home...which is perhaps the saddest ending to anything, ever....incidentally, has anyone seen the episode 'Southern Comforts'? I'm starting to think it doesn't really exist...
  • I'm a big fan of the tv-show, and the thing I must say, is, that it got better and better (I love the parts with the female leaper he loves and hates) and the part with Brooke Shields on the Island. Another question: Who knows, why they canceled the show?
  • From the first time I came across Quantum Leap while 'channel surfing,' I was hooked from the moment Sam leapt in, till the second he leapt out again! This is definitely one of the best shows ever created - I have been a fan for 3 years and enjoy watching re-runs again and again!!