User Reviews (2)

• ravisinger864 January 2017
    Ilaaka Directed By Aziz Sezawal is An Action Drama. Script is Well Written But Screenplay & Direction is Below The Mark. Dialogues & Action is Good. Editing Could Have Been Better.

"Purani Basti"i.e Old Colony is in Control Of A Mafia Nagar (Amrish Puri). Raja(Mithun Chakraborty) Runs A Liquor Shop, Foster Son Of Bhima(Om Puri). Raja And Vidya(Maduri Dixit) Are in Love. Suraj(Sanjay Dutt) Son Of Dharam Verma(Dharmendra) & Mrs. Verma(Rakhee) is Unemployed, Want To Be A Police Officer.

In The Past Dharam Singh, A Brave Police Officer Gets Killed By Unknown Masked Goons. While Encounter Suraj Saw Bhima Who Was One Them. Mrs. Verma Insists Commissioner And Suraj Becomes Inspector Of The Same Colony. Meanwhile At An Event Suraj Faces Bhima & He Gets Arrested. This Leads Enmity Between Raja & Suraj. Suraj Join Hands With Nagar, Story Moves On.

Mithun As Usual Natural Acting For His Complex Character. Amrish Puri Does Well. Sanjay Dutt is A Bit Let Down. Amrita Singh is Fine. Madhuri Has 2 Songs & 3 Scenes. Rakhee & Dharmendra Have Less Screen Space But Effective.

Music By Nadeem Shravan is Melodious. "Pyar Se Bhi Zyada" By Md. Aziz & Asha is A Romantic Track. "Deva O Deva" Devotional Song By Kishore & Asha & "Kal Se Chhod Dunga Main Sharab" By Mithun Himself Are Best Compositions.
  • Illaka is another cop film of Sanju's from 1989 and sadly his only cop film that didn't work at the box office. The film was completely panned by most 80s critics and the movie(even for me) isn't anything special. The last Sanju release Kanoon Aapna Aapna was tad better and at least it had something called A DECENT STORY. Here the film mainly depends on the dialogs, the comedy, and the acting. The sense in the movie is completely missing the basic story would be something like this. Sanju and Mithun are good friends, both become enemies thanks to some of the stupidest reasons ever. Then after lots of typical action, typical dialogs, typical crap the climax comes and BANG, all the villains die. The movie is extremely typecast, the only thing it offers is good and funny dialogs. The action is cheesy and doesn't quite work out. The editing is lacking as many scenes seem to be forced. I don't mind typical movies but this goes beyond the limit. I was supposed to like this film but sadly this pales in front of even the average Sanju cop film Taaquatwaar from almost the same time. I'm never too harsh on a film and I enjoy all the typical comedy(mostly), typical DHISHOOM DHISHOOM but here everything is forced and placed badly together, nothing is sensible, action is the worst piece of crap I have seen, how can I give this a high rating? On the whole, the film is horrible and actually so bad it's funny, it gives you a that type of feeling. Sanjay Dutt is a good actor and here to he has done well with great energy but the script lets him down. Mithun is typical, his dynamic change from good to evil then back to good is stupid and the misunderstandings the villains create to make a wall between our heros is extremely stupid. On the whole, Illaka is another mindless, stupid, and horrible action film from the late 80s. It was one of those films that dropped and sank without a trace!