• The best example of what the near Cold War end era movies looked like. And it is made by a specialist of this kind of features, one of the best, the most accurate on the field, an Italian film maker, who could have been Damiano Damiani; but that's not him. I am speaking of Pasquale Squieteri, who gave us tremendous and realistic films about mafia and politics. And not in the American way. For instance MORI AFFAIR. But you can guess that a thriller involving the connection between Vatican, Mafia and KGB can not being easy to understand, follow. The kind of John Le Carr√© like story, as you can find by dozens in five hundred pages novels. And I must confess that I am not a great lover of this kind of scheme, involving Vatican, Church and priests...But I made a certain effort for this watchable film which had not received any comments yet. Treat Williams is not a great actor but he is rather good here, seeming not to understand what he is doing in this mess. And I think that's better for the audiences. I repeat, this kind of stuff can not be too clear. All the charm remains in the complexity. Watch out the sequence where the more than convincing "priest" Murray Abraham transforms a crucifix into a 9mm Parabellum... Unfortunately not a satisfying ending.