User Reviews (447)

• I caught a few episodes of Seinfeld over it's final two seasons run on public channel, and made it a point to catch a lot more of Jerry and friends during it's reruns. I found it very amusing on first viewings, but as time wore on, I began to like it more and more, and to eagerly borrow taped episodes from friends, and to hunt for re-runs on syndicated channels.

Of the two comedy TV series in the history of television, I would choose both Seinfeld and Monty Python as the cultural landmarks of the medium. In Seinfeld, there is not a trace of sentimentality and glib moralizing that plagues the American sitcom genre. Characters do not hug each other on Christmas, fall in love, wax on and on about family and friends, there is no faux-cathartic season ender so favoured by the writers of, say, "Friends".

Instead, we have the narcissistic Jerry, constantly mining the minutiae of everyday detail for every bit of situational comedy; we have the hyper-aggressive Elaine, whose strings of breakups with boyfriends are as impressive as her petty neuroses leading up to the breakups themselves; the ultimate schlub-loser George, who lies to every single woman he dates, sells faulty equipment to the handicapped and muscles off women and children when fleeing an apartment fire; and the impossibly inventive physical comedy of the entrepreneur cum schmooze Kramer.

Over and over again, week in and week out, the quartet discuss trivialities with unbridled zeal, as the non-descript narrative pings from one mundane setting to another. Seldom has such wit been generated by such gargantually pointless human endeavours. That is where the brilliance of Seinfeld lies, in the ability to go to the most bizarre ends to fulfill the potential of a less than hopeful comedic premise; and the endless, pointlessly smug and nihilistic banter that almost invariably escalates into some of TV's classic lines, such as when George shouts triumphantly after winning an argument that "there is no bigger loser than me!".

Surely, we won't find something like this again, for many more years to come.
  • jp8817 January 2005
    It has ended 6 years ago and we still talk about it, i think that this shows us how fantastic this series was. There are some new programmes that are good, but any of them is half as interesting as Seinfeld was. Many of its episodes are really comedy masterpieces. After watching one of them you become an addict. The characters are fantastic, the actors performed so well that you can't think of them like anything but the character they played, maybe this is the reason because they couldn't success in other shows. The writers who could do 8 seasons of a "show about nothing" doing each episode funnier than the last one deserves our respect and admiration. To sum up, Seinfeld rules
  • Seinfeld is the funniest TV show in history. Built around the day-to-day life of a New York comedian, Seinfeld managed to spear every sacred cow in sight. The irreverence of the show's four main characters never let up over 9 glorious seasons. The "gang of four" were petty, childish, surly, selfish, compulsive, obsessive, and totally hilarious ... like 4 children in adults' bodies.

Jerry Seinfeld played himself and surrounded himself with an ex-girlfriend (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), a childhood friend (Jason Alexander), and a neighbor (Michael Richards). Four terrific actors with incredible chemistry among them, the four careened through 9 seasons of total mayhem. Sex, religion, politics, old age, political correctness, race, relationships, homosexuality, Los Angeles ... you name it, they harpooned it.

Great supporting cast over the years included Jerry Stiller, Estelle Harris, Barney Martin, Liz Sheridan, Wayne Knight, Patrick Warburton, John O'Hurley, Len Lesser, Heidi Swedberg, and others.

And so many brilliant actors who only showed up once or a few times: Steve Hytner as Bania, Mark Metcalf as the Maestro, Megan Cole as Peggy the germophobe, Sheree North as Babs Kramer, Charles Levin as the mohel, Elmarie Wendel as Helene the actress, Philip Baker Hall as the library detective, Judge Reinhold as the close talker, Bette Midler as herself, and so many others.

Seinfeld probably added more catch phrases to the English language than any other show in TV history. Brilliant writing that found humor in WORDS (such a concept) as well as SITUATION, Seinfeld owed much to the writing of Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David and others. So with great scripts, a perfect cast, and no respect for anything, Seinfeld marched along to his own drum and made us all captives of its brilliant wit.

One of the great things about Seinfeld was that you could see a little bit of yourself in each of the 4 zany characters. And you could ALWAYS recognize the dumb situations they found themselves in. Just brilliant!

And let's not forget that Jerry Seinfeld became the first Jewish Superman/Everyman on TV. He was everything from comic to sex symbol and everything in between.
  • I hate saying something is the best ever. Still how could you go wrong with Seinfeld. Just hilarious characters and setups everywhere.

For everyone who has seen this show, what other show or even movie deliver so many open ended endings that still felt like a perfecting closing. That right there is great writing.

The characters are another great example of great writing. To think of people like Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer. These characters were developed so greatly that the ideas for episodes were endless. Also the guest stars did a great job in their appearances just sliding right in.

The plots of the episodes were not that great from the outlook. If you actually watch the episodes though the most basic daily problem could be made into a very enjoyable episode.

This can only be done with great, superb writing. If you have seen this show watch it.
  • I cannot, through any stretch of my imagination, grasp how anyone can't find the humor in this series. Perhaps they have succumb to a similar problem I have in writing this review. I find that I cannot accurately describe just why exactly this sitcom should be held so far above the others. It's Kramer's awkward movements and border-line insanity; it's Jerry and Elaine's never-rekindled romance; it's George's terrible luck and inadequacy issues; it's all of those and so much more. I do find, however, that the show can be described with one word: irreplaceable.

"Friends"? Have you ever noticed that in "Friends" commercials, not even they, the reigning kings and queens of sitcoms, dare tread on the title of "funniest show ever"? Just watch the next commercial you see, and you'll find "the funniest (running) show on television!" I don't know if I would call that perfectly accurate, but it proves my point. Seinfeld was groundbreaking, and it went to places that few comedies (or dramas, for that matter) have since gone, and nothing before nor since has in quite the same way equaled it.

I notice a reoccurring complaint of negative reviews on this site: the opening and occasional ending of Jerry Seinfeld doing standup. I admit, it isn't the funniest thing that I've ever heard, though he is by far the best "have you ever noticed" comedian, but give me a break! That is your complaint? At least some other reviewers go on about characters, and the implausible plotlines (not that I agree in the least with them), but just that reason alone? You obviously don't have the intelligence to grasp the humor of the series, content only with the easy-to-understand slapstick of today's comedy; but nonetheless, in your blatant stupidity, you cannot grasp why it ISN'T funny, either -- so you pick the standup.

Nice.

In any case, despite the negative reviews or even the positive, Seinfeld stands the test of time, and is the greatest sitcom ever made. Even TV Guide's compiled list of the "greatest television series' of all time," not at all exclusive to comedy (20/20, I believe, made the list), put Seinfeld right where it belongs: NUMBER ONE.

The last and greatest juggernaut of comedy, I know I'll be watching the untiring reruns that never seem to get old when I'm old and gray and long since committed to a retirement home.

And do you know what?

The intelligent viewers of humanity's next generation will be doing the same thing.
  • I was sitting in my apartment tonight watching the end of a sitcom era with the last "friends" episode and it brought me back to 1998 when we all said goodbye to "seinfeld". I won't sit here and debate, which was the better show because, lets face facts they both did a fine job. They are two very successful sitcoms, but other than that they really had an entirely different feel and format.

"Seinfeld" gave us all so many catch phrases and we all continue to enjoy these characters and episodes six years after the show ended. I just love it. I constantly find myself reciting lines from the show with a good friend of mine. This show rocks. It will always be a great show. I will continue to watch this show in reruns over and over. It sure doesn't get old.

I wanted to add some favorite lines or scenes from the show, but there are truly too many. Kramer, Elaine, George, and Jerry just rule and have such a great chemistry. The additional characters throughout the years were cool too. Some of my favorites were Puddy, Peterman, and Frank Castanza. Oh greatness.

So keep Seinfeld alive in your hearts and keeping watching the show about nothing.

Giddie Up!
  • This show was totally unique. Nothing has been done like it before, or since (with the possible exception of the Simpsons, which does mimic some of the "nothing" plots a little). While it was about nothing, it was really about everything--but the little things that no one thinks about, like giving your bank code to your fiancé. I also liked how this show was the last of the "non-fashion" shows.

You always saw Kramer wear the same ridiculous jacket, pants, and shirt. George always had those too-small plaid shirts and even Jerry had the black-and-gray striped shirt we saw him wear in the one where he and George make "The Pact". Even Elaine had many of the same clothes, even after her "make-over". I mean, I LOVE the show Friends but every time the guys have a new turtleneck or sweater, and the girls always have a new dress or a new pair of pants, which is totally unrealistic (for the guys anyway).

This show had consistent humour all the way up to the last season, which is unusual for many shows. I LOVED George styling his hair to look like the bald guy from NYPD Blue, Elaine buying the JuJubes on the way to the hospital, Uncle Leo yelling "STOP THE SHOW" on the PBS special--these were just some of the great moments! This show is the best on televison, and if you haven't seen it, go and watch now!
  • The best television show ever. Ever. It's been off for how many years and we still try and get our 1 1/2 hour fix every weeknight. Like those famous Beatles, the combination of Larry David (too outrageous) and Seinfeld (too pedestrian) was so much greater than the sum of the parts. Classic ensemble work by Jerry, Alexander, Richards and Louis-Dreyfus. Richards and Louis-Dreyfus are all-time comic all-stars in their own right. It took them about 1/2 to 1 year to get up to speed and then they're off and running. With David gone the concept showed considerable wear in the final season, where some episodes are a grim caricature of earlier successes (e.g., George's "Twix" episode). The Puddy story lines were the show's one regular miss, particularly so towards the end. But what a run! And completed by a fitting send-off. The only television series I've watched regularly in the last 25 years. The DVD collections are highly recommended and include loads of fun commentary from the stars. 10 out of 10.
  • This is sort of a small tribute to the show.

It is too bad that this show is no longer being made. NBC should have used the "carrot and stick" approach with the creators and maybe the show would still be on. Instead, NBC gave them so much money that they just cut and ran. Sort of like "we'll give you millions and millions of dollars to do a short run series and then you guys can go". Which is what happened.

I am like some of the others here on this post who said that they did not really watch "Seinfeld". It took several weeks to catch on to the characters to get to like the show. Even in re-runs "Seinfeld" is still very funny.

Those people who say they do not like the show because it's about nothing are lying to themselves. They love it. They just cannot believe that someone could have been so successful with the show's premise.

You could tell after Larry David quit "Seinfeld" the difference in the shows humor and pacing. And I saw some movie Larry David made right after...stinkola. I think it was called "Sour Grapes". Maybe some sort of comment on life after "Seinfeld"?

It is extremely difficult to find anything on TV that even comes close to "Seinfeld". There just isn't any. This website suggests "Friends". Please. I think I just might throw up. "Friends" is just another of the cookie cutter sit-coms. After watching "Seinfeld", I cannot watch any sit-com, because it is just not the same. The others just fall way short of making any noticeable effort to put on some truly original humor.

I think that in a couple of years, one of the Turner cable stations will have the syndication rights to "Seinfeld". I hope that they will honor the show by always putting the show on from its first show to the last without skipping the order because a big part of the successful formula for "Seinfeld" was that the show had a distinct timeline. The way it is being aired now, on one day you'll see a show that aired in 1990 then the next day they have one on that originally aired in 1995. That really stinks.

Oh well. To all of you dyed-in-the-wool "Seinfeld" fans here is a little trivia I came across on the web.

An anagram for "Seinfeld" is "snideelf". One last one for "Jerry Seinfeld" is "friendly jeers".

Cheers to all of the creators, contributors, writers, producers, etc. of the greatest TV comedy ever.
  • The Beatles have been regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, band of all time. You had 4 gifted musicians who were so individually talented and as a whole they changed music forever. The same can be said for the 4 main cast members of Seinfeld in the television space. For almost a decade this show has entertained not just the United States but the entire world. Each individual cast member was so talented and took their eccentric character to new heights. Over a period of time you grew to love the fab four.

Seinfeld is a show that got everything right. From incredible writing, catch phrases to award worthy performances. Even their guest stars were hitting home runs. The episodes and plots Seinfeld brought us was something we all could relate and react to. We were also treated to first class Stand Up comedy from Jerry Seinfeld. This show is simply timeless.

New shows could only dream to capture the greatness and ratings of this immortal show. The brilliance of the show could be seen in the acclaimed Contest episode where not a word had to be said to convey what it was about. Nowadays its pretty vulgar and leaves little room to think. I wish I could give this an 11 out of 10. Go watch it and don't hesitate to buy the entire series, its more than worth it. This cast and show certainly belt it out to the back row and make you feel it.
  • This is my favourite show. I believe it is the best television show ever made in the history of television shows. Larry David is a genius. Every episode before season 7 is hilarious. It was innovative, clever and ever so humorous. It paved the way for sitcoms to follow, yet nothing has ever come close to being as good as Seinfeld. Finally, it is undoubtedly and unquestionably better than Friends.
    I first stumbled across 'Seinfeld' late last year, while flicking through channels and I can honestly say that it left me extremely surprised. As a thirteen year old used to the sappy family-friendly comedies such as 'Everybody Loves Raymond' and 'Friends', I was quite amazed that this show that everyone was talking about, was devoting an entire episode to masturbation.

A day later, I tuned in again and I was surprised once more, but for a very different reason. IT WAS BRILLIANT! How come I had never come across it before?

Seinfeld's genius cannot be summed up easily. It has absolutely amazing actors playing the parts who are obviously enjoying themselves - one many occasions you can see smirks forming across Jerry's face, it has unbelievably funny situations which the characters find themselves in, and it has excellent writers - chiefly Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld - who manage to turn normal everyday situations in full blown moments of genuine comedy.

When you watch 'Seinfeld' you are guaranteed three things - Elaine to have a wonderfully funny break-up with another unlucky guy who strolled into her neurotic ways of dating, George to be chasing after anything with a skirt on - with hilarious consequences, and Kramer falling over and performing some of the best slapstick comedy seen since John Cleese in 'Fawlty Towers'. But where does this leave the show's namesake and Superman, if you will? Well, Jerry starts off many of the episodes with superbly observational stand-up comedy and for most of the episode he is in the middle of all of his friends' completely insane lives. But that's not to say that he is normal whatsoever. He is absolutely miles from it.

Although all of these would be reason enough to proclaim Seinfeld as the greatest comedy that America, or anywhere has ever produced, there is one more reason why Seinfeld is, in my view, the greatest show ever. It lies in the writing. While episodes of other comedies may seem to be made up as they go along, I can safely say that Seinfeld is the best-written comedy programme in history. The writers take completely irrelevant and pointless situations and make whole episodes of magnificent comedy out of them. Each episode is made up of at least two or three different stories which manage to link up perfectly in the end. Sometimes I devote the 30 minutes of the show, trying to work out how it will end, but I'm never able to guess it. For example, in one episode Elaine dates a guy who breaks up horribly with women, and is therefore attacked by his ex's frequently. Meanwhile, George is trying to get a good apartment by convincing the board that his life is a complete mess, and he therefore deserves a break for once. Right up until the last moment, it appears as if George's wish will come true, but he is beaten by who? Elaine's ex, the bad break-up guy, who got the apartment by telling the board of all the times he has been attacked by women in the street. It's a brilliant ending which I could not predict and proves once more, that Seinfeld really is THE GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME.

Sure, Season Nine may have thrown us some duffers, but overall no television comedy has had such a magnificent strike-rate, created so many phrases now used in everyday life, and influenced so many people. Shows have come and gone since it ended eight years ago, but none have even been half as hilarious as Seinfeld.

Like Jerry's idol, Superman, it is respected by everyone, and will never be forgotten. 10/10

• Alan Skelton
  • This is the only show where anytime an episode comes on, even if I'm doing something, I'll stop and watch.
  • Seinfeld is a truly funny show, which I watch whenever I can. The series is based around 4 characters: Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer + lots of other characters. The characters are funny and and manage to get you laughing all the time. Excellent show, but it is a shame that they have stopped making new episodes. I want more!
  • I constantly read that there's plenty of plundering afoot when it comes to American and British sitcoms. Honestly, there is no British television programme that could ever lay claim to the simplistic creativity of "Seinfeld." This is a programme that created its own comedy. It might have begun by poking fun at everyday American middle class situations but by the 3rd or 4th season it had morphed into its own cottage comedy, creating mirth and mayhem through its uniquely crafted citizens. "Seinfeld" held together so well for so long because virtually its entire cast stuck together and grew together. Every character was fully fleshed out, from the stars such as Jerry and George to the occasionals such as Puddy and Elaine's Rabbi. If for one second I believed that New York was like Seinfeld's New York, I would visit it in a New York minute. A true Brit could handle the Soup Nazi and my Mum always wanted to rescue poor George from himself.
  • Zwerchfell24 March 2019
    I watched each episode mulitple times and the show never gets boring. so iconic in every way there is nothing even close.
  • Truly a timeless show with situations that are relatable even in the present time! Thank you Seinfeld
  • Regardless of the pop-culture historical context of the show, and whoever you are wherever you live and whatever era you belong to, as long as you understand English Seinfeld has a very strong probability of making you laugh at least in one scene with one detail. Which is quite a feat in and of itself considering how domestic the humor in fact is: it's New York Jewish humor at its most cynical, immoral and jaded with the contemporary urban life, and it's even self-consciously that and utterly typical of that universe. And yet, its humor reaches closer to universal than local in status as it's a series that's not only had lots of success within that East Coast, but all of North America as well as in other parts of the world.

The characters are written with depth and excellent consistency over nine full seasons, and while they're awfully realistic they're also utterly fictional: in a sense more realistic than actual reality as they're each given a distinct personality laden with all the detailed annoyances and pettiness of the real life individual, but made so extreme they're caricatures, like half-real half-cartoon characters. Very few shows will achieve such an eerily close to reality connection while maintaining quality TV writing: excellent story telling (brilliant in fact, Larry David's ability to knit an episode together with elements of the plot at the beginning linking up with the later stages is completely outstanding, at times real gems of maze-like complex interconnections), great pacing, a rich variety of funny ideas throughout a same episode as well as from one episode to the next.

So at a macro level the episodes are brilliantly structured and conducted, but the show's got a whole panel of quality items at the micro level: whether it's the Jerry Seinfeld standup segments earlier in the series or the little bits of detailed content that fill up the gaps between the main scenes in the dialog and what not, or the hilarious secondary characters that'll tag along every once in a while to bring their own individual cringy flavor to the whole, there's never ever a dull moment to be had, not even if one's chaining up episodes in industrial quantities at a time - it's just constantly fresh, full of content, uniquely creative and perpetually hilarious.

Seinfeld is the "show about nothing": it's superbly orchestrated, and yet, it's filled often with the most ridiculous humor, and manages to get away with not being self-indulgently repetitive or stale. Whether you like them or not and for whatever specific reason, the genius of Seinfeld and David combined has produced a most potent combination in TV comedy history, and probably 'the' most potent. The humor is prolific, the show oozes with it, but it always kept it together and stayed true to the formula: never gave an inch in originality, never strayed from what the show was about (it never went relationship-y for example when it would've benefited greatly from it given its commanding favorable position), never changed the characters to fit a more profitable agenda and the great thing about it is while it's certainly a very liberal-leaning show it doesn't make a definitive political statement: both creators were about the humor, making people laugh - and that was the very motor that drove the whole show, it never set out to deliver a message, it was just humor for the sake of humor, and that is objectively in that field incredibly rare and by definition the very nature of humor. Gratuitous, uncompromising laughter. No king, no creed, no-thing. A show about nothing. It was real, and it was spec-tacular !

Finally: it made amends for being so extremely bleak and amoral in the finale by clearly confirming outright they were utterly aware of how nihilistic the show was, like a wink suggesting it went a bit far at times, but all just for the laughs.
  • Always been searching for a TV show like this. Finally I'm watching in 2017. Really blessed to watch a TV show like this. Can't compare with any other TV comedy shows. Comparing would make insult of this one. Probably the Best comedy TV series I've ever seen. I don't understand why they can't make any series like this anymore.
  • As I understand it, the basic premise of "Seinfeld" is that it was a "show about nothing". In that it certainly succeeded: nothing to recommend it, nothing funny about it, nothing to make it worth one's while. Over the course of half an hour it might elicit a guffaw or two, but for the most part the humor is either sophomoric or nonexistent. It's the sort of show that made me feel embarrassed to watch, even if I was the only one in the room. My time was better spend elsewhere, like in a good book.
  • marty_crane5 December 2007
    Before anyone says "You just don't get it" I'm going to tell you I sure as heck get it. Before anyone says "You just haven't watched enough episodes" I've seen all of season 1, 2, 3, and parts of 4 and on, my friend owns all the DVDs and I watch them with him on occasion.

The show is summed up as being a show about nothing. Which if that's what it is then every single sitcom is a show about nothing, nothing too different in this show. I can't see the dynamic differences from this show and a show like Friends (yes I do realize Seinfeld came first, but there are other shows before Seinfeld that are just like it, to a degree). I also can't see how this is the standard for which every sitcom if held up against.

Now the shows part I can't stand... the characters. Good old Jerry Seinfeld, not very funny, and can not act at all. All of his scenes seem so fake, he has this always on Prozac kind of feel. Elaine, the one character I actually don't mind all that much, some things I don't like about her, but no character is perfect. George the manic depressive, or at least it seems that way. He just complains and complains about everything, and then complains some more. He thinks everything will go wrong, and that everything that can can go wrong to himself will, however people will just say he's "quirky". Sure I like quirky, but there's a line that I have to draw somewhere.

Last but not least is the ever loved Kramer, who deserves his own paragraph. Ahhh Kramer... the most annoying and least realistic of this bunch of misfits. I can't understand the attraction to Kramer, he just bugs me in this way you probably can't imagine. He's like this person who could never be from real life, I know its just a TV show but it's also supposed to be mimicking real life, and Kramer is this ridiculously crazy sociopath who has no job and somehow pays his rent through these get rich quick schemes, which usually don't work out, which makes me wonder, how is he getting all this money? I could go on for ages about everything that bugs me about Kramer, but this will suffice.

Now I don't hate this show to the utmost degree, I mean some things are funny, but for the most part... well isn't. There are far worse shows out there, but by this show is supposed to be this great classic show and it really set me up for disappointment.
  • I'm sorry, but I just will never understand what the big deal about this show was. It's bland, pretentious, repetitive, mean-spirited, and just not funny. I simply don't see the point of a sitcom with no character development. Why would I revisit a show every week if nothing ever happened? The characters never learn anything, they never change, and they only get more narcissistic and cruel to each other as the show goes on. I refuse to believe that people really think that the world is like this. People are good and have the capacity to be truly altruistic. We're not all a bunch of cheap-ass narcissists living in New York. I would explain my dislike for the show further, but it would be a waste of breath, as my statements would only fall on deaf ears of the droves of sheep who worship at the altar of the holy Seinfeld.
  • I had watched about 50 episodes of Seinfeld and after seeing the reviews here I decided to watch some more in case I was missing something! I can honestly say that Seinfeld is one of the most annoying people I have ever seen on TV and not funny at all. There are about 2 or 3 scenes that just make me crack a smile but that is not enough. I can accept what many people say, that it is different than all the other shows but being different doesn't necessarily mean that it is good. This is one of those cases! I can still enjoy many shows of the 90's and 80's today and laugh every time I watch them, but this show is just awful.
  • Seinfeld is the only show I've ever been able watch over and over again, reruns I've seen 4 or 5 times I still find hilarious. Just about everyone knows the Seinfeld setup, four loser friends (Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer the nutty neighbor) who pour over the minutiae of everyday life, whose storylines (however abstract and different they are) always come together at the end.

Although by the later seasons the show had gotten more wacky and bizarre, the quality of the comedy never dipped in all it's nine seasons. Even when they found themselves in the most ludicrous situations, you could always strangely identify with the characters. Other shows are funny, but Seinfeld was naturally funny, the lines never seemed forced and the situations blended together seamlessly. Where shows like Cheers and Friends (even Frasier) rely almost entirely on one liners and emotions, Seinfeld's characters had practically no emotions (George once pulls the plug on a hospital patient's drip, and pretends to be disabled to use the spacious disabled bathroom) and the one liners were all part of the conversation.

It really is difficult to say anything negative about Seinfeld, there's no episode where you could say the writers weren't trying or had given up, even in it's last season the show performed the ambitious "Backwards episode" where the story finished at the beginning and started at the end. Sometimes you couldn't see where the storylines tied up at the end, you just had to look a bit harder for the genius, a reason why most episodes require a second viewing. I can't see anything ever topping Seinfeld, there was nothing contrived about it, no bar where everybody knows your name, or friends who'll "be there for you." It found comedy in realism, something that had never been done before, and will never be mastered again.
  • what is the big deal with this show?

jerry seinfeld is anything but funny and the situations in this show are absolutely ridiculous ( not in a good way thought ). never have i been so bored watching a sitcom ( except maybe for everybody loves raymond ) . the acting is pathetic , even for a sitcom , and seinfeld's stand up in the beginning of the episodes are as annoying as the rest of the show .

how can so many people call that thing the best sitcom ever ?