Original director Amy Heckerling returns with John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and many more of the original cast for what turns out to be more of the same with this sequel.

"Look Who's Talking Too" just brings us a repeat performance in the true tradition of disappointing sequels. The plot merely goes through the motions and only delivers a movie that actually manages to be even sillier than the first. Bruce Willis returns as the voice of 'Mikey', and he's joined by Roseanne Barr who lends her voice to 'Mikey's new baby sister, 'Julie'. But neither one manage to raise any laughs in a very unsatisfactory film.

Saturday, July 25, 1992 - Video
  • COME ON FOLKS WHATS SO APPALLING ABOUT THIS MOVIE! although I can understand if it was called "Not as good as the 1st but okay" although personally I thought the film was as good as the original (call me insane if you want I don't really care) the film still had plenty of good humor (granted the humor was rather gross & juvenile mostly but still) the plot worked & it still has a good amount of humor & heart as the 1st film so I leave you now & (unless you'd place it a rating & review such as I did) encourage you to give this film another chance,BYE!
  • It's very rare that a sequel will be as good as the original, but they achieved that in "Look Who's Talking Too." Congratulations on a job well done! Michael Travolta and Kirstie Alley were excellent choices for James and Mollie. The casting was good, the music brought back happy memories (I watched it 14 years after it was made), and the story line was fun. Because Mollie's feelings and the ups and downs of raising children were depicted so well, I suspected the story was written by a woman. Sure enough, Amy Heckerling both wrote and directed it. Bravo, Amy! You know? I bet babies and toddlers really DO think many of those things. Now I'm eager to watch the third movie in this trilogy.
    Look who's talking too is an o.k. movie,I would say its an absolute must see,but I wouldn't say it was the worst movie ever either,its about a five year old baby who talks like an adult in his head and thinks that his parents can understand him,but all the other baby's talk like that too and they can all understand each other and the main baby's parents (Dad played by John Travolta)decide to have another baby,and when the baby finds out he looks forward to it,and once the new baby comes out the baby is o.k. with it,but as the days go on the baby starts to get jealous,and when the moms brother comes to stays for a while the dad isn't o.k. with him keeping a gun with him and after the parents have an argument with each other they separate for a while,and meanwhile the baby decides that hes getting too old for diapers and decides to tries use the toilet and he tries to teach his little teacher how to walk.
  • "Look Who Is Talking Too" is not a sequel to the enjoyable "Look Who Is Talking" it's a clone. A weak, pale imitation clone, but a clone none the less. It was inevitable that following the success of a "Look Who Is Talking" that a sequel would follow. It was also inevitable that the sequel would be of inferior quality.

Plot in A Paragraph: Mollie (Kirstie Alley) and James (John Travolta) are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey (voiced by Bruce Willis) and his baby sister, Julie (Roseanne Barr)

All the charm of the original movie is missing, what made the first movie so good was it was new, fresh and original. This is more of the same but without the originality, freshness, and newness. Instead it has Roseanne Barr.

My God, her voice is annoying!! The script is weak, Travolta and Alley do not enjoy the same chemistry as in the first movie (which is a shame) Bruce Willis remains fun, but that is about it!!
  • I was disappointed with this movie. Not that I don't like this kind of comedy, I loved the first one, but this just doesn't live up to that.

It's not the kids' fault though. Mikey is still a cutie, and he's got some good jokes, although I don't get the speaking arrangement - he says a word or two himself, and then it suddenly switches to the male voice. I think they should have chosen either or. This was just annoying.

Roseanne as the voice of little Julie is GREAT, and there are some really good parts with her(like the visit to the doctor). But where is she for most of the movie? There is so much of the parents fighting and problems with the goofy brother-in-law that it seems the kids take a second seat in this film. I was bored at times with the long fighting scenes. They were neither interesting nor funny. The pregnancy was fast-forwarded through - I suppose they had no more ideas for it after the first movie - and Mikey's jealousy for his sister gets less attention than the potty training(which is far less interesting). The burglar story is too unbelievable to be funny. And the "music video" parts are weird - why are there so many songs? the Elvis impersonation is pretty cool(by John Travolta), but the rest of the "classic pop songs" should have been left out.

There are some really cute sister-brother scenes, but this movie could have been so much better, funnier, and more interesting if they had let the kids play the main role. Now it's pretty disappointing. Some good laughs, but not enough to save the movie. I give it a 5 out of 10.
  • The main problem with this sequel is that it is a very lacklustre retread of the much superior first movie. Now I don't mind more-of-the same-sequels, Home Alone 2 is one of the best and most underrated sequels out there in my opinion and that is often criticised for being too much like the first film.

Starting with the good things, the cameos from Damon Wayons and Mel Brooks are amusing, same with Bruce Willis and Roseanne Barr and I liked John Travolta's dance number. Plus the soundtrack was good and the film was nice to look at. However, it is incredibly predictable in the story and the script is very weak, I do agree there are too many poopoo jokes. The direction is bland and the sentimentality well and truly gets in the way.

Overall, disappointing and bland. 4/10 Bethany Cox
  • rossrobinson21 November 2003
    Look Who's talking too i think is a good movie to watch. the first look who's talking movie was better than this one as it is the orignal and i didn't mind the second movie. I give this movie 10 out of 10. The baby was talked by Rosanne Barr.
  • i don't care what anyone says this movie is hilarious. Roseanne as the voice of the baby was perfect. she even looked like her! John Travolta and Kirstie Alley work well in all three of the look who's talking movies. When it came on T.V. it had at least 20 minutes of edited stuff which i don't know why they took out. The one problem i had was with not having Mikey talk. The kid is old enough to talk unlike the baby, so why didn't they just have him talk? Otherwise that it was hilarious!
  • I was embarrassed for the cast when I first saw this movie. Then I started to think, hey at least its not The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, or The Sweetest Thing, or 2012, or White Chicks,or Crank,or ...so that is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Its aims to be satire but achieves schmaltz. The writing is terrible, the direction is equally as bad.--- Am I a bad person if I don't care about what little kids are thinking? Because I don't. Maybe if I had children of my own the idea of talking babies might be cute, but I don't have children and so what should be cute in this movie is instead cloying and choking like being caught in a cloud of bad perfume. Overall this predictable bore is to be avoided but there are far worse movies, success!
  • Excellent.What makes it more funny than the first one is the children's sibling rivalry!Its so funny.I would say I like it equal to the first one because they both have the same qualities as to what makes it a good film.

In this film Mollie and James accidentally conceive little baby Julie.And with Mikey having to accept not having his parents all to himself anymore he also has to accept being potty trained.While all this is going on Mollie's brother Stuart comes to .stay which results in Mollie and James arguing and splitting up.

But in the end they get back together!
    While, "Look Who's Talking Too" doesn't contain the snappy one-liners that "Look Who's Talking" is famed for, it should still be merited as a great family movie.

I loved how the movie displayed all the aspects of family life. This movie shows how marriage, children, money, violence, and natural disasters affect the course of family life.

One particular point of the movie that was moving was the dream sequence where in Mikey dreams that he is taking Julie for a stroll and the big bad bully boy takes away her pretzel. This is just one of the many heart-felt moments that displays the family presence in this film.

Regardless of the love/hate relationship between Mikey and Julie, the performances of the young children truly define the typical love/hate relationships between siblings everywhere.

John Travolta accurately depicted the role of the underpaid and under-appreciated spouse.

Kirstie Alley does a great job as the wife-left-behind. And as the "One" in the middle, in regards to being caught in the middle between spouse and sibling.

This movie mirrors reality in many areas. One specific thing that happen in real life every day is sad tale of the children blaming themselves for their parents problems. And blaming their other siblings. This film showed how that is not true at all.

Overall I give this movie an 8 out of 10. The only matters in which it lacks is their should have been more compassion between parents.

Kirstie Alley gets a 9 out of 10 John Travolta gets a 10 out of 10.
  • mandabeatle11 February 2003
    This movie did have a chance if it didn't bring Mollie's brother(who needs to be sent back with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and her annoying friend (whatever her name is). But also the really bad and lame points to this movie were the couple fighting,them singing about Mikey going to the bathroom and using Roseanne as his sister. That's when I really thought this movie is really bad.. if I wanted to hear that I would watch Barney or Sesame Street.AVOID!
  • This was an inevitable sequel, that was really not all that of a movie. It was charming at most, but too many poopoo jokes, and other ridiculous stuff. I give it sequel: 4.5 out of 10. Rated PG-13 for crude humor, thematic elements, and language.
  • Say what you will about this film, and, I will admit, it's not quite as genius as the first, but still heartwarming nonetheless.

Following the story of the now model family (Mom, Dad, son and daughter), you now get to see things from a little girl's point of view.

It even shows you aspects of birth that weren't covered in the first film (watch it and see what I mean), which I would say is somewhat educational... and good to show that everything doesn't always work out.

Since I have had minimal sibling rivalry with my brother for a number of reasons, it's almost hard to see things from that point of view... but even if you're not familiar with it, you begin to realize how it may feel during the film. I have to admit that I can't listen to "Jealous Guy", even now, without shedding a tear. Guess I'm just a little over sensitive :o)

I also like how they dealt with the marital problems of Mollie and James. Things like this happen to many people... and I'm glad they showed it in a sensitive manner. Life isn't always happy and smiles.

Although I have to address a previous comment... you would think Mikey would have a little bit better vocabulary at 2 or 3 years of age. Maybe he's just quiet. Children progress at different rates... and I know of one little boy who even at 4 couldn't be well understood when he spoke some of the time. So that could be the reasoning.

If any film is a live action Rugrats, however, (though I liked Baby Geniuses OK) it's this one.
  • Look Who's Talking Too is a wonderful movie. Yes, it is sappy at times but come on, romantic comedies not only include comedy but HELLO, also ROMANCE. Maybe my perspective differs from the preceding review because I am a woman and am not just looking for comedy from these movies; The romance is definitely my favorite part. I was born in 1988 and grew up watching this movie. My friends and I all loved it. It's unique and it shows us more of the James-Molly relationship. Look Who's Talking Now (the third installment) might be stretching it, but the first two movies are classics. I definitely would recommend buying or renting them together.
    OK, Joan Rivers ended part one of the "Look Who's Talking" trilogy, but somehow she had a voice transplant and turned into Roseanne Barr. Mikey has his own voice, but his adult thoughts still come from Bruce Willis. James and Molly are now married and Mikey's a happy toddler, that is until baby sister Julie comes along and they begin to have differing feelings on raising multiple children. Damon Wayans gets his own character as Mikey's pal, introducing him to Mr. Toilet Man (the voice of Mel Brooks), adding typical Brooks style humor into Amy Heckerling's witty script. Kirstie Alley's the voice of her womb and egg, and John Travolta's the voice of the sperm that conceives Roseanne. So life with James isn't what Molly had dreaded it would be, and they are truly happy trying to do their best for Mikey as they prepare to potty train them.

While they only crossed briefly in the first movie, Travolta and Olympia Dukakis get to work together and it's obviously not been an easy ride for him. How will adding another female in the mix be? Dukakis, thinking that Travolta is an irresponsible slob, arranges for Travolta to get a job as a private jet pilot which might make him get a higher salary but takes away his ability to have his freedom. The arrival of Molly's lazy, coddled brother (Elias Koteas) adds more problems, especially when he moves in with Travolta and Alley and turns their house upside down with his thoughtlessness. Willis, as Mikey, fantasizes about becoming protective older brother, but it is obvious that Julie is not going to make that easy.

Once again, Molly's possessed voice comes out as her labor pains start, and the birth scene results in Barr making it clear right from the start that she's gonna be in charge even though he's already vowed to boss her around for the next two years. Willis continues to make Mikey quite remarkable, but Barr's deadpan delivery, which worked for her sitcom, is a hindrance here. The baby playing Julie really doesn't give her much to work with either.

This paints a fair view of the problems that Travolta and Alley face (mainly thanks to her brother's presence) which leads to a fight that has Travolta walk out. It's obvious that the writing is meant to be fair to both genders and show the imperfections in humanity in general that has both Alley and Travolta making mistakes and facing up to their responsibility to make this marriage of opposites work out, and when mommy and daddy make amends, Mikey opens up the room to become loving, supportive and protective of his baby sister and for her to start to see him for something more than just that stupid 27 pound blob of brattiness, especially in the dramatic finale.

When Julie walks, they repeat the TriStar theme for her, and the tide begins to turn for the better, giving this bittersweet comedy/drama the happy ending it needs. I could have done without Koteas as Alley's self-centered brother and Gilbert Gottfried as the daycare director who is about as funny as Roseanne singing the national anthem. While the ending might come off as contrived, it serves a purpose, allowing the problems that make this closer to a drama than a screwball comedy to all be resolved in ways that will satisfy the audience.
  • In general, sequels aren't as good as their predecessors, and Look Who's Talking Too is no exception. The first one was adorable, with Kirstie Alley's baby, voiced by the hilariously perfect Bruce Willis, giving an inner monologue about his first impressions on the world. The cast is all back, and the romance with Kirstie and John Travolta continues, but there's a new addition: a new baby. Roseanne Barr provides the voice for Bruce's baby sister, and his entire world changes for the worse.

The problem with this movie is it's too painful and realistic. First borns will delight in Bruce stealing Roseanne's toys and playing pranks as older brothers are known to do, but they'll also remember that when their younger siblings were born, they, too, suffered a loss. The older child immediately gets put on the back burner and the new baby takes the spotlight. Many children never grow out of their resentment throughout their lives, so watching little babies fight and squabble isn't very fun. Plus, the first movie only had Bruce Willis's inner thoughts, and he was a very cute baby. What's better: a cute baby or a gruff baby? Cute babies win every time, and every time Rosanne talks, she's not very endearing.

DLM Warning: If you suffer from vertigo or dizzy spells, like my mom does, this movie might not be your friend. There are a couple of shots filmed from the baby's perspective, and it might make you sick. In other words, "Don't Look, Mom!"
    A wonderful sequel to a wonderful film! I watched the film in hospital bed when I had a bad reaction to a pickle (allergic to dill). Kept my spirits up! I laughed a lot, and I'm from northern Germany. The addition of Roseanne to the cast was brilliant choice! The chemistry between Travolta and Alley was superb! I guess I would have liked a different ending though, something spectacular! Like if Travolta owed a massive amount of money to nepherious people due to a bad gambling habit. Desperate, maybe he dabbles in voodooitry and brings upon the city a terrible curse where all of a sudden, instantly, all babies die and become carnivorous and vicious. Stillborns, infants, and deformed toddlers rip into their families with serrated fangs and razor sharp claws. And they are on the move, all congregating to a certain location, Times Square. Meanwhile, after realizing what he has caused, Travolta sits down and calls Sylvester Stallone. Kirstie Alley has been disemboweled by Mikey in the kitchen by then, blood pooling around her corpse, like a crimson halo. After talking with Sylvester Stallone, Travolta turns on the television and watches a breaking news report that is claiming that thousands upon thousands of dead babies are amassing in Times Square, and are beginning to fuse together, becoming one giant dead baby that somewhat resembles Jimmy Durante. Something like that would have left movie goers shocked and satisfied.
  • Look Who's Talking Too (1990)

* 1/2 (out of 4)

John Travolta and Kirstie Alley return in this "the first one made money so let's rush a sequel" film, which also has Bruce Willis returning as the voice of Mikey. This time out a new baby sister (voiced by Roseanne Barr) causes the parents to stress out and break up, which isn't easy on either kid. That's pretty much the only thing, story wise, that this sequel offers and it's clear that very little effort went into the production. It's really pathetic whenever so much energy goes into making a good film and then the producers just turn their back on that energy that made the first film so good and they just rush out whatever they can no matter how bad it is. LOOK WHO'S TALKING TOO really doesn't do anything right as we're just given situations that were covered in the first film but here they're not cute and they're especially not funny. This is a pretty poor film that only mildly works because it's constantly begging you to overlook all the flaws because the first film was so cute. In fact, the highlight of this sequel is a quick sequence when we get some flashback scenes from the first movie. The entire "joke" here deals with the parents trying to potty train Mikey and this leads to some really embarrassing moments including a singing session between the adults, a really bad "best friend" (voiced by Damon Wayans) who is always talking about the poo-poo monster and then there's the monster toilet (voiced by Mel Brooks), which is just downright embarrassing. In between all the unfunny jokes we're given some pretty bad dramatic moments including some stuff with the parents fighting in front of the kids and the finale with the fire really just seems out of place. The performances are all pretty boring as well as the two leads just sleepwalk through their roles and Barr is just horrid given some pretty bad dialogue to say. Willis is energetic at least but the dialogue does him no favors. Somehow, the producers managed to squeeze one more film out of the series and things were only going to get worse.
  • Honestly,I only watched this because Roseanne did voice work. I remember seeing the first one as a kid & thought it was amusing but this movie i found boring & the laughs hit or miss.

The parents problems over shadows what should of been a movie about the kids. JUlie could of had more air time & better jokes. Roseanne does a good job.

I found some of the film disgusting like the opening sequence as if you really want to see how reproduction really works. THe pregnancy,mikey's jealousy,etc could of been written better & longer. Stuart was annoying as was Travolta & Alley. I like the third one better than this one & the third one wasn't that great. Look who's talking was a movie that really didn't need any sequels & would of done better without. Yick!
  • Breakormake19 June 2015
    "Look Who's Talking Too" was a good movie, knowing that it was a sequel I kind of expected that it was never going to beat the first. Although the story line was OK and the acting of the mains was good I felt like I still wanted more to surprise me and felt like the movie was a bit predictable. You could say it was on the edge of being a tiny bit of a let down and still wanting more to find out what happens in the future.

"Look Who's Talking Too" is still worth the watch if you enjoyed the original as there are a few scenes which you still giggle every now and then. Nevertheless, it's not a movie I would see again and again.

Break____"Look Who's Talking Too"____Make
    Mollie and James are together and raising a family, which now consists of an older Mikey and his baby sister, Julie.

Tension between the siblings arises, and as well with Mollie and James when Mollie's brother Stuart moves in.

Mikey is also learning how to use the toilet for the first time.....

I'm ashamed to say that when this was released in the cinemas back in 1991, I saw this a whopping three times. Not because I loved it, because there wasn't much else for a thirteen year old to see at that time, and my gosh, the phrase 'blatant cash in' must have been coined thanks to this movie.

The novelty of the film, adult voices for babies, is still there, but as cocky as Willis is, and his voice talents were brilliant in the first movie, the bad script cannot provide the cute humour that Mikey once had.

So it involves us more with Travolta and Alley, and although there are as good as you'd expect in a film like this, again, the script just destroys anything the narrative has to offer.

So we get the obligatory dance scene that Travolta has in every film, literal toilet humour, and the films saving grace, Gilbert Godfried as quite possibly the most neurotic Nursery owner ever.

But my biggest question is how much of the budget did the makers spend on the soundtrack? Because there are some huge songs in the film, from the likes of Lennon, Elvis, and Harrison. Amazing music for an almost non existent movie.

It all ends with a big fire where the children are in peril, Mikey learning to love his sister, and just like every other family friendly movie released at this time, a family barbecue.

All to the music of Sonny and Cher.
  • I liked this movie more than the first one. Don't know why. Maybe its because i saw it first.

The movie takes off about a year(or nine months)after the first one. James and Mollie are married and Mollie is expecting her second child. Well the premise of the movie is pretty much simple; the institution of marriage thru the eyes of a Two year old. Actually there's more than that especially about Mikey owning up to the responsibility of having a little sister and his owning op to his own fear of Mr. Toilet man.

James and Mollie have their second child, a baby girl named Julie but they share a volatile relationship. The movies portrays the effect of the friction and power-play between the couple on young Mikey. Mikey is not old enough to know the reason their parents fight, he just knows that they are yelling and assumes he has something to do with it or that his sister had something to do with it. This causes some love lost between the siblings, notably when mikey rips off the head of julies favorite doll. But common sense and love prevails and things work out well for all through testing circumstances.

The Mr Toilet Man bit was funny. Mikeys Conversations with Eddie(voiced by damon Wayan)was the funniest part of the movie. Eddies giving potty tips to mikey was really great.

Overall i think the movie could have been better if they had spent more time on the kids than about acoounting and the fighting.
    Mikey(Bruce Willis(voice)and Lorne Sussman) is now a two year old. His life is perfect. He has a mother, a father and now on it's way is his baby sister Julie(Roseanne Barr). Mollie(Kirstie Alley) and James(John Travolta) are so happy together. But when Julie is born Mikey has a whole new perspective about baby sisters. He now has problems with his parents. His sister even resists him. But in the end it turns alright. Mikey saves her and they live happily ever after.

This is a movie to show your two year old son that is now in the mode for potty training. For Mikey has a few terrific dreams about Mr.Toilet and using the potty. A good movie to let your children watch. Nothing graphic except a little butt is shown.