• I grew up watching Boy Meets World. It has always been my favorite show. They talked about everything from a child's perspective to a teenager's perspective to an adult's perspective. The relationships and problems

that faced Cory and Topanga, Cory and Shawn, and the whole bunch face everyday teenagers today. It is completely understandable, and can always make you smile. I hope it continues to air on ABC and Disney Channel. It is an inspiration to children. Boy Meets World shows all of the hardships that children can have. From Shawn's parents splitting up to his dad dying. They show the progression to a wonderful relationship between Cory and Topanga. Some episodes can make you laugh and some can make you cry. It is like a Friends episode for children. It is a wonderful story of friendships, relationships, and life.
  • As a 43 year-old, English teacher, I must admit "Boy Meets World" has some of the most intricate scripts I have ever seen in teenage shows. I sometimes ask my students to view the day's episode at home and come back ready to discuss theme, plot, character, etc. Some students admit to liking the show after a few viewings. Once they understand each character and the force that drives him/her, the show pretty much seems to flow and attract the students.

Oh, yes, I am also addicted to it. I only wish I had followed it through its regular seasons. Watching the re-runs on the Disney Channel is not all that good. They skip episodes and repeat others too often.
  • I don't know why, but for some reason, Disney is getting rid of their best shows and putting in new ones that are pointless to watch (ie: "Brandy and Mr. Whiskers"). But "Boy Meets World" is one of the good ones, unfortunately being pushed off to a later and later time.

This show is good for a number of reasons. The actors are hilarious, all portraying very different and very real characters. Cory's brother, Eric, is my favorite, because every show needs a little slapstick humor.

The story line is fabulous. Unlike other shows that portray sappy, stereotypical teenagers doing things no one in real life would ever do,(See "Lizzie McGuire") this show contains humor and drama held together with definite realism. The show deals with a lot of the things that teenagers go through, while making it still entertaining to watch.

I love this show, and personally don't tire of it. It is great for all ages. The younger shows have more humor and are better for younger children, while the older ones contain more drama and are great for teens to watch. I personally like both, and sometimes my dad watches with me.

Overall, this is a great show, and should not be kicked off the air.
  • This show was great! it was heartfelt and made us feel good about ourselves. This show took us back to our youth. When we were the boys meeting the world. When we were facing life and wondered how the world would put us in a situation that was ironically impossible. This show took the impossible situation and turned it into the fun we had if we had thought about the "OH YEAH!" factor before hand. This show was for us all. It made us feel good about ourselves and our remembrance of our youth. This show was for us all, and we loved it! This show is one that will live on after its cancellation. our children will watch it and our children will love it. Admit it, who didn't shed a tear when it was over?
  • Boy Meets World is a show that reminds me a lot of NBC's 'Friends,' except for teens and younger children. Ben Savage leads the show as the character Cory Matthews. BMW shows the hardships of life from a young kid, a teen, a young adult, and finally, an adult. The show does a great job of adding humor in a lot of aspects of the show. As Cory goes on, you can see that he is maturing with time. I grew up with Cory, and he shows how hard it can be. The show does a good job of developing Cory, giving him the girl of his dreams, a loyal friend, a caring family, and a teacher/principal who has always been at his side. The show has everything that makes a good sitcom, comedy, drama, romance, and the occasional deep trouble that every teen gets in. BMW ended 5 years ago, but it is still one of the most watched shows on TV on the Disney Channel and ABC Family.

It's just so much fun to watch this show, and watch the characters develop so well. It's just a shame that none of the actors from the show besides Rider Strong and Will Friedle have gone on to bigger and better things. Look for Ben Savage to star in a movie next year, that's looking very good.

9.5/10 --spy
  • "Boy Meets World", I grew up with this show. I will always admit without a doubt that this show made me laugh and cry. It dealt with real issues like sex, first days of high school and college, drugs, not fitting in, etc. Most of the problems that go into a normal teenager's life. As the show grew more and more, Erik's character changed drastically. He went from just a smooth talking womanizer to a retarded heart warmer. Mr. Feeny, it seemed like he followed these 3 students everywhere they went. Like in the last episode even Shawn says "You haven't talked to another student in 7 years!" Great line, because it was so true. But I would never turn down this show because it does have great laughs. Every season brings something special to it. I would recommend removing the flaws and you find a great show.
  • Sometimes the lessons we learn about life when we are growing up are forgotten when we become adults; this show helps to remind us of what we learned. It is a bit campy, but that is half of the fun of the show. The characters are people that we all knew at some point in our lives, but the bond that they share is not something that we can all say that we have. If you are searching for 30 minutes of campy fun, and a chance to look back on your adolescence then this is the show for you.
  • "Boy Meets World" and "Sabrina The Teenage Witch" were the best TGIF shows. My friends and I used to get together every Friday night to watch these shows and they always gave us good laughs.

"Boy Meets World" told the story of Cory Matthews, his friends, and family. Through the series they got older and more mature. My favorite episode was "The Honeymoon is Over". The best scene was when Cory and Topanga bump into the little kid in the hallway. That was hilarious. I also liked the episodes "Sixteen Candles and Four-Hundred-Pound Men" and "Stormy Weather".

I really enjoyed this show because it was original and realistic. I heard TGIF came back with new shows, but it's not the same. I give this show 10/10 stars.
  • Boy Meets World is unlike any children's show ever made, or any show for that matter. In an era where every show has to have an angle, Boy Meets World stands out as a story about flawed characters just trying to navigate life. It teaches us so many lessons and I will never forget it as long as I live. Shawn taught us that we can all overcome whatever life deals us, and that you can never judge a book by its cover. Topanga taught us that it's OK not to be perfect, but we can all try. Cory taught us that it's OK to ask questions, to not have all the answers. And Mr. Feeny, well, he taught us everything. He taught us that, above all, we should be good people. He taught us that there are lessons to be learned in all aspects of our lives. Boy Meets World was a great show because of the parents. Corys parents make just as many mistakes as he does, and they're not afraid to admit when they do. But that's not to say that their children don't respect them, don't come to them for advice, and don't always know what's best. Never has a show made me laugh and cry so much. Never has a show so effortlessly addressed the problems we all face. Never has a show been a better demonstration that you don't have to be blood to be family. Full of good values, lessons, and funny plots, Boy Meets World is the show that I keep coming back to. Because never has a show meant so much to me. Never has a show meant so much to us. We will never forget you, Boy Meets World. You made us all better people.
  • Boy Meets World is a great show. The first show is as good as the last. It is perfect for the whole family. There is no need to worry about swearing, nudity, drugs, or anything like that. Kids can enjoy it. There are characters that everyone can fall in love with. It is hilarious but still covers real issues like bullying, relationships, and other things that children and teenagers may face.

For those who haven't seen the show, these are some of the best/main characters: Cory- whinny and annoying, but a good guy with a great life; Sean- Cory's best friend, rough around the edges, but a great friend; Topanga- Cory's girlfriend, Smart, weird (in the beginning); Eric- Cory's brother, extremely funny, kind of like Joey from friends; Matt- Sean's half brother, good looking, rich, smart; Mr. Feeny- Cory, Sean, and Topanga's teacher from the first season throughout high school to the last season, gives great advice; Angela- Sean's girlfriend in high school and college.

With this much of a variety in personalities, this show has a character everyone in the family can enjoy.
    "Boy Meets World" is a great show! Unfortunately they went the "Saved by the Bell," route and detailed "the college years." The first couple seasons of "BMW" are lightning in a bottle. It's funny, charming, clever, AND you get your moral lesson of the day with each episode. The series was character driven and it was very entertaining! You had the relatable Cory Matthews, a class clown type who at the end of the day was a good kid. Sean Hunter, the ladies man kid with family problems, and Topanga Lawrence, who was just an oddball. Supporting cast included Cory's family, his brother Eric (a suave ladies man), and Mr. Feenie, a tough but fair teacher who also doubles as Cory's neighbor. The writing combined with these quirky characters really made for a funny show. The scenarios were hilarious and heartwarming without being overly ambitious. The show knew its shortcomings (some gaping plot holes and missing characters.) In my opinion, the show was good until the senior year of high school which is when the show shifted its paradigm from fun adventures and mishaps of high school kids to being a mushy show all about "feelings." Don't get me wrong, there were still plenty of mishaps and fun scenarios, but the show became way too dramatic.

I know the show needed drama and MORE characterization to occur, but they really overdid it. Here's what I think sunk the show.

Characters CHANGED and not in a good way. Cory went from a mischievous, good willed teen to an overly sensitive, neurotic, emasculated, and plain annoying "boyfriend." His character had probably the worst fall of them all. Eric became a straight up retard. Forreal. He used to be the suave ladies man who though not the brightest bulb in the shed was at least somewhat intelligible. In the college years he becomes a raving lunatic who likes to cross dress. Nuff said. Sean Hunter becomes an emotional sap who always wants to talk about "feelings." His relationship with his girlfriend, Angela, becomes the focal point of a number of episodes (beginning senior year of high school) and it's just awful. It's basically just them breaking up and getting back together OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It gets so old. Mr. Feenie remains pretty much the same and is actually one of the few enjoyable aspects of the later episodes...I just find it weird that he happens to follow Cory and Sean wherever they go in the sense that he basically teaches them every academic step of the way. Kinda odd. Another big change is Topanga. She went from being a "new age," hippy kind of girl with a genuinely interesting personality to just a plain jane. She pretty much loses all the interesting aspects of her character and just becomes "Cory's girlfriend." No depth in her character.

The plot lines also become less and less interesting with every episode after the high school seasons to the point where you question why you are even still watching the show. Plot lines revolve on Cory and Topanga choosing furniture for their apartment, Eric cross dressing, Sean losing his father to an illness, and most dreadfully, Sean talking to his on again off again GF "Angela." Seriously, it's a yawnfest.

I feel like I am harping on the negatives too much in this review. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I couldn't help but lose interest in the college years. I've seen every episode probably 2 or 3 times so I feel like I have enough...experience to be able to comment on it. I didn't go as in depth as I would have liked to, but I feel I covered the basics of the show and its problems.

Jack
    Over winter break and throughout quarantine I was (and still am) obsessed with Boy Meets World. This was a Disney sitcom that aired from 1993 to 2000. Cory Matthews is the main character, and the show begins when he is in just 6th grade and follows him all the way through college. The show is just the story of his childhood, from his first crush to his wife, from middle school history to college classes. Since this show was made in the 90s, it still held a lot of good morals and included good conversations about God and the ways he was moving in their lives. Shows in more current times avoid talk of religion outside of stereotypes and jokes, but Boy Meets World wasn't afraid to talk about the hard questions. This show does a wonderful job of upholding the dignity of the human person. Cory and his girlfriend Topanga have countless conversations deciding (and fighting about) whether or not to have sex before they get married. They always come back to the conclusion that they should wait and save that intimate moment for after their vows, but the show doesn't shy away from talking about how hard it can be. Boy Meets World is also very inspiring. Mr. Feeney, the teacher of Cory and his friends from 6th grade through college, is always up to something teaching the kids a lesson. They learn about how to treat others, how to love better, how to care for their friends when it is hard, and so many other valuable lessons. Streaming this show as a 20-year-old was great, but I also think growing up with Cory and watching this show weekly would greatly impact someone's knowledge of love and willingness to love even when it gets hard. This show is very motivated and related to the common human experience. Cory's struggles are those of us all. He goes through getting bad grades, making mistakes, falling in love, and so many other things that just about any of us can relate to. Boy Meets World is a solid show that teaches its viewers life lessons worth learning and sneaks in a few good laughs and memories to be kept forever.
  • maggiemscott23 October 2018
    Boy Meets World is an excellent show for kids. It provides valuable life lessons and many laughs. I would highly recommend it.
  • I also watched Boy Meets World while i was growing up and for the most part it was entertaining, heart warming and fun.

Cory was funny when he was younger but he seemed to lose the fun as he got older, i know he went to uni and had commitments etc. but it's a kids show and he grew up just a little 'too' much, on the verge of fuddy duddy, whilst Shawn was all over the place, amazing their friendship even survived such differences.

Topanga was more interesting at the beginning too; she was kooky and eccentric but by the end all she cared about was marriage and babies (it seems that's what they think all girls think about when they hit 18)

Eric meanwhile grew considerably dumber and the parents were awful with their sugar coated advice and mr. Feeny's life lessons were just stomach turning.

Cory and Topanga ended up not going a second without professing their love for each other and saying things like 'we've loved each other since we were three years old' Yeah right, he never seemed that fond of her at age 11 when it began, it ended up so sickly sweet and the drama often so depressing that it was hard to even call it a kid's comedy anymore.

Good early on, Eric one of the best back then, and really liked Minkis but the later series were hard to watch for fear of bringing up your breakfast.
  • There's some hokey dialogue some times. Some filler or cringey 90's moments. The show doesn't feel that rewarding or special to watch with some not so special kind of style in Season 1 to 2. Most of the episodes felt safe or searching for rare gem moments. Morgan was also annoying until they somewhat unexpectingly replaced the actor with another Morgan, but older. The only thing I remembered that other Morgan said booger. Shawn was at times the typical stupid goofball we know and watch. Despite all of that. I'm glad I watched this show, despite the unfunny dialogue that can be distracting at times. I will say it's not that bad. At least 60% of the time you will get a laugh or smile and even a hard laugh at times. The messages and themes of the episodes are really incredible for a simple kids show. I know this show has a lot of music playing in the messages to make it easier to feel something. I do think if you get rid of the music, it still would take some emotion from me anyways because I feel the importance of them each time no matter how simple or important. The characters no matter how dull they can be at times, they are solid characters for what this show is going for. Obviously Feeny and Shawn are the two best characters of this show and the other characters aren't so low to the scale at all. They still hold the show together and still are a joy to watch. This show gets better after season 2, but you can still see some good episodes in the earlier seasons. Overall, there's a lot I didn't go over that will give you a better understanding on what I witnessed through this show. However, I still am glad I can show you as much great things this show has. To be honest I would enjoy this show a lot more if I actually watched the full series when I was younger. Didn't even finished season 1 for some reason, but I regret it. However, I can't figure out what's waste and what's worth my time unless you look back. I don't regret my childhood because I still got to see the gem no matter how old I am right now. So, is it dated? Sure. Could I give this show a realistic rating? Sure. Do I think this show deserves a 10 for actually trying to be a good shower of life. Of course. Even when they get older it's like the are still young inside and they don't try to be hardcore edgy, but just deal with realistic problems that they go through when they feel one thing or a change happens to them. Even though this show is meant for kids around elementary, middle, or even high school. I feel like even as a young adult or no matter what age you are, it's like you need to at least watch the show in order to have a good life. I know that sounds really silly because I also believe if you hold on to something without letting it go, what reward will you get from something that attaches to yourself where it controls your life big or small? Even though I believe nothing should be pleasured over in this world. I feel like this show can be the only thing I need to really give me the comfort and figuring myself out phase that I would need to hold onto even though I know I don't need it. Also the ending was so joyful but also sad, even though you do see them in Girl Meets World and know they are doing fine in the show. It's not one of the best shows of all time. It's one of the most important shows of all time.
  • atom-1095613 August 2019
    Too good of a show not to watch. TOO GOOD TOO GOOD TOO GOOD
  • glkal9 June 2017
    Currently I am re watching the entire set of series (again). I'm in series 5 at the moment. I have grown up with the Mathews, I am roughly the same age as Cory and this show pulls you in, like a member of the Family. and it has been a pleasure to have such a great program to get me through some of my own tough times.

Laugh, Cry and everything between. easily one of the best family programs I have found. and I feel I have learned many lessons from the show too.

This show is also great at addressing issues that young people face, and reinforces the importance of good friendship and the belief in real love. and we get to see Cory and Shawn, Eric and the others grow from young kids to brilliant adults.

I don't think I have cried as much as I did when the final episode ended for anything else. these guys are all like family to me. It was the end of a great era.
  • Bruno_Alves_9019 August 2014
    Simply Put, Boy Meets World is one of the most well made shows of its genre. The Show has endearing Characters, Great acting,lots of comedy drama and real life situations you can relate to or went through throughout The characters age throughout the show ( pre-teen to adulthood ). There is also enough variety throughout the season to keep you hooked until the very end, which will leave you wanting to keep on watching even after the final episode. Fortunately, you can, now that the sequel has been released. Girl Meets world is a Sequel to this series and worth watching as of now ( 7 episodes so far) if you do love Boy Meets World.
  • I grew up watching this show and I truly feel bad for the younger generation these days. The shows these days are so dumb and unbelievable, but I don't know one person who could not relate to Boy Meets World. I feel privileged that I got to see these kids grow from children to adults. To see them have their own children even! It was always funny but had a good moral behind it all. When I see Boy Meets World now it reminds me of all the silly things I did as I kid and even looking back I can still learn things now! During graduation one of the teachers showed the last few minutes of the final episode. It showed Mr. Feeny teaching his final lesson, telling them to go out into the world and always do their best. It really touched my heart to have watched this as a young child and then hear Mr. Feenys words during my graduation. There's nothing better than Boy Meets World and it is something I will always hold in my heart!
  • I liked "Boy Meets World" very much. When I started watching it, I didn't like it so much. The first season, when Cory was still a little kid I didn't like so much. But when he grows older, "Boy Meets World" gets better. You see how Cory (the main character) and his best friend Shawn live their lives, how they deal with problems typical for their age, how they behave, their relation with their teacher Mr. Feeny. This is a very good series that is at some moments very funny, at some moments very moving. This is a series that will certainly touch your heart. The acting is very good, and the music is very good, especially combined with the emotional scenes! Some episodes are excellent, some may be a bit less, but in general this is an excellent series that I recommend to everyone!
  • yaileenmm15 June 2006
    I love this series. I've watched it like 10 time entirely from beginning to end, and I still do. This it the type of series that still makes me laugh even though I've watched it so many times. I still cry at the last episode. This is the type of series which you ask yourself why did it have to end. It is great. You really get to see how the love between friends get bigger and how the love between a couple matures. I think the reason this series is so great is because not only is it about comedy it is also about love, family, drama, and hope. Almost everything you can expect from any series you can find it in this one. For those who haven't seen this series I advice you to see it cause I know you wont regret it. They give it in ABC Family every day except on week ends. See it! You wont regret it.
  • I hadn't started watching the show until it aired on Disney Channel! The moment me my sisters and brother saw the first show we were hooked. We loved it! How it made us laugh and see how our future could be. The episodes were so funny and always had a point. Sometimes it made us cry like when Cory and Shawn got into fights, Alan and Amy's newborn son couldn't come home cause something was wrong with him, and when Shawn's mom ran away. We were totally heart broken when we saw the very last episode. I wish it would have never ended. I had always looked forward to an episode that I had never seen. It always brought a conversation to school. Sometimes we even related to an episode such as breaking up, sex, and losing friends in fights. I still watch all the re runs and love them every time!
  • This show is so good. There are really people like this but no one will admit it. Cory is so funny and so strong willed. He will not admit defeat and he never stops trying. He is the best friend and boyfriend that anyone could have. He always had faith in his relationship with Topango. He KNEW that they were meant to be together. He always stood by Shawn, even during his wedding vows. Eric just made it all funny. Cory is the greatest. I wish Feeny was a real teacher. He could teach my son all about everything.
  • Well where do i begin to tell you what a excellent show Boy Meets World is. For those of you who have never seen it, this "kids" show may come across as cheesy unimaginative rubbish and i am not denying that it has had it's moments on all counts but on the whole, Boy Meets World is a funny, well-acted sitcom that can be enjoyed by all.

I, myself, am 23 and i still watch it as i have done since the beginning. We have seen these kids develop into adults and have had to face difficult challenges in their life for example death of a parent, first love, divorce of parents, pregnancy scares etc which has all been dealt with in a very mature way.

My favourite character Shawn Hunter has had it particularly rough and the way Rider Strong portrays the character is incredible - he should go far in the movie business. However all the other actors are capable, i mean i am not afraid to say that i cried when Topanga and Cory got married, i laughed at Eric's ridiculous stupidity and admired the closeness of the group that has brought the whole show together. Unfortunately they are no longer making Boy Meets World, but with all the re-runs i am sure that we will be able to re-live the moments of Cory, Shawn, Topanga and Eric for many years to come.