The German version is heavily cut.
In 2017, Vinegar Syndrome released the film as a Blu-ray/DVD Combo which is restored and completely uncut (85 minutes long).
The uncut 85-minute version has been shown on the USA cable network Cinemax.
The R-rated version is heavily censored and runs only 80 minutes, sloppily editing out all the gore and most of the sexual content to avoid an NC-17 rating. The uncut version with all the sexual content and gore intact runs 85 minutes. This version is available in Canada from Alliance Releasing on VHS. Beware that the R-rated version was also released in Canada. The uncut version states 'unrated version' on the back of the box. All known U.S. releases from Columbia/Tristar are the R-rated version. The U.S. DVD from Moonstone Entertainment is also the R-rated version despite the 85 minute listing on the case. Scenes severely cut in order to avoid an NC-17 rating include:
- The night watchman getting his eye gouged out with a pencil.
- A longer and more explicit striptease sequence with the three strippers.
- A couple having sex in a copy room. This sequence is missing in the R-rated version and picks up later on as they are getting dressed.
- The couple from the copy room getting impaled together on a wall. Vickers shoves the pole through the guy with graphic shots of it protruding out his back and then into the woman.
- Larry getting shot in the head, showing the back of his head bursting open in a flood of bloody brain matter which splatter on the wall behind him. The R-rated version cuts just as Vicker's pulls the trigger and shows Brian's reaction, as they all bolt down the hall to escape.
- Guy on the roof as he gets shot in the head, blood pours out of his mouth as the camera lingers for a few seconds before falling down.
- A stripper being graphically shot in the head in the stairway in the same manner as Larry's death.
- Vickers getting axed: While not particularly gruesome, the impact is left on-screen, rather than cutting from the axe swinging, then all of a sudden sticking out of his stomach in the R-rated version.
- Brian getting axed in the back is onscreen as he winces in pain for a few seconds, with a sadistic Vickers enjoying his suffering, and laughing. The R-rated version abruptly cuts to Brian stumbling into the lobby with the axe in back.
- Vickers' beating at the end is much longer.