A heavily edited version has aired on Cartoon Network removing all objectionable language and non-kid-friendly scenes.
The original 1997 Warner Bros. DVD release, presented in 4:3 fullscreen format, in a snapper case with a cover proclaiming "Featuring Additional Footage Not Seen Theatrically!", is the Home Video Version. During Chapter 9, from 17:35-18:56, is a deleted scene that has been reinserted back into the film: After Ace inspects Snowflakes tank, he jumps out and talks to the press pretending to be dolphin trainer Hans, then finds the missing stone from Finkle's ring. All future DVD and Blu-ray releases are the original theatrical version, without this scene, even if they say "featuring additional footage not seen theatrically!" on the cover.
Many scenes added in the T.V. version add missing essential story elements, making the rest of the picture more understandable. These include:
- A scene in a bar in Ray Finkle's hometown.
- Ace gets up on stage with the band Cannibal Corpse during the concert and sings.
- Ace attempts to extract information crucial to locating the bar from a distraught gas station attendant.
- Ace calls Emilio from the mental hospital and an elderly resident imitates him. Ace takes Melissa home after they leave the mental hospital and she kisses him goodnight.
- Ace visits his hippie friend again and tries find out a connection between Einhorn and Finkle looking at their credit report. Also, Ace phones Emilio from the Mental Hospital to tell him about Finkle and Einhorn.
- Near the end, Ace commands Snowflake to steal Einhorn's gun. Ace then tries to command Snowflake to give the gun to him, but the dolphin gives it back to Einhorn instead.