• I can't say this was the best movie I've ever seen, but it certainly wasn't the worst. The actors, while a little unrealistic, were okay for a movie like this. See it, but only if you are wanting to fill a little time on a rainy day.
    Boy Meets World and Smart Guy are my favorite shows right after the 1994 Spiderman cartoons. I watched this movie solely because I heard Rider Strong (Sean Hunter on Boy Meets World) and Jason Weaver (Marcus Henderson on Smart Guy) were in it. They play similar roles in this movie as they did in the respective shows: Rider Strong is the rebellious teenager, Jason Weaver the sleazy kid always lying to get the girls. Richard Moll plays the other most memorable character: the ferocious, albeit kind hearted, teacher and friend. The performances are mediocre, as to be expected with this sort of movie. The plot is OK as long as you overlook the ridiculous switch. I think the "change" in Rider and Jason is liberal and unrealistic; the scheming con artist wouldn't change his whole life because of a single crush on a rich girl, and the spoiled rich kid isn't going to become a perfect gentle man because he spent a few weeks in a prison hole.

Other than that, it's a fun movie. It's nothing special, but I wasn't disappointed either.
  • Cyprus38618 February 2000
    I saw this movie the day before school let out a couple years back. I didn't even see the ending! The guy who played the delinquent wasn't very believable, but the rich kid was worse. Call this movie a guilty pleasure, or late for dinner, anything except good.