User Reviews (82)

• Kevin Costner (Dances with Wolves, The Untouchables) is a great actor, in my opinion, but most critics and some people don't like him because he takes too many "hero" roles. For those people, Tin Cup is a movie you will like, for those who like Costner, you will love this film. Cosnter plays a local star golfer in Texas who runs a driving range that isn't doing well. He's a good golfer, but because of some poor decisions never turned professional. He has a lazy life goofing around with his friends and caddy, wonderfully played by Cheech Marin (Paulie, From Dusk Til Dawn). One day when a beautiful psychiatrist, played by Rene Russo (Ransom, Major League), comes in to take lessons from him, he decides to go after her. The problem is that she isn't grungy and lazy like he is and she's dating a professional golfer who went to college with Costner. He is well-played by Don Johnson (Dead Bang, Guilty as Sin). Costner and Johnson hate each other and soon get into competitions to impress Russo. Eventually, Costner decides to impress her he'll try and qualify for the US Open golf tournament. This is a very funny film and was not a "chick-flick" like I was worried it would be. Costner is excellent in the lead playing a completely likable slob. Russo is solid as his love interest. Highly recommended.
  • From an acting standpoint, "Tin Cup" may be Kevin Costner's best movie. Here he plays Roy McAvoy, a burned-out, washed-out, down-n-out golf pro a way out in West Texas. He's broke, drunk most of the time, and convinced of his own worthlessness -- hence his attraction to poetry and a puffed-up opinion of his own heroics on the golf course (he's got to have something hold on to). Roy is just this side of being a complete bum -- this is one of the few movies I've seen on any subject that actually addresses the financial condition of its loose-living hero.

"Tin Cup" is all about the dire straits of this character, and Costner is more than up to the challenge of playing this guy convincingly. Costner for once packs everything into his performance: charm, wit, sarcasm, hopelessness, bitterness, and more than a little arrogance. He is funny, laidback and shows remarkable athletic skill. He tops his career-best work in "Bull Durham" here (not surprising, since this is another Ron Shelton film).

The movie also works great as a classic heroic Quest story. McAvoy is on a mythic quest, not for the perfect 18 holes, certainly not for money, but for love. "Tin Cup" could easily have been titled "Quixote Jousts at Windmills in West Texas." Best of all, McAvoy KNOWS he's on a quest; when he refers to it in his dialogue, it sounds pathtically funny, but when you hold this story up to the ancient pattern of the heroic quest as described by Joseph Campbell, it really rings true.

Probably the most interesting aspect of "Tin Cup" is that it also works as a metaphor for what Costner has done with his career. Here's a guy who could have played it safe and easy after all those Oscars, but took off on crazy flights of fancy like "Waterworld" and lost badly. (He continued to play unsafe shots after 1996, with almost every movie that followed this one.) McAvoy plays the game his way, on a dare, on a bet, with outrageous egotism and a willingness to lose it all -- publicly. That's what Costner has done at his own game. Was "Open Range" the dreaded safe shot that corrected his course?
  • If somebody watches Tin Cup and does not find this movie a "must-see", it might be either because you don't know golf, or because you take life too easy. This film is nothing but irresistible. It combines those tiny-little-moments that we golfers must face every time we are in the golf course (yes, we may not be facing the US Open title, but golf gives us a chance to know ourselves every time we hit the ball: Do I play safe or do I take chances? Am I a winner, or am I a loser? Do I have nerves, or do I simply breakdown?). Tin Cup goes insight all of that, and it shows it to us, in such a simple form through the eyes and life of Roy McAvoy and his buddies, that at the end you find yourself with nothing but the urge to rent it again. Forget for a while about the romance and the girl, if so you want, but don't deny that the songs, the views, and the dialogue are superb. See it as a great sport movie, with a clear lesson to all of us: In life as in Golf, it is you who make that final call. A good call means success; a bad one, well I guess you know where the rest goes.
  • First of all, this is a golf film. A great golf film. The best golf film. But there is more to it than just being a golf film. It´s the classic tale of a washed-up hero wanting to get the girl. But Kevin Costner gives this role something more. Okay, it´s not an oscar-winning role, but the performance sure as heck should be.

And it´s nice to see a golf film with a screenwriter who actually seems to know what the game really is about. For those who are not into golf, just look at Mr. Costner´s every move and how he delivers his lines as a drunken golf pro. In fact the whole cast is excellent. In comparison to films like Bagger Vance, Happy Gilmore and Caddyshack this film is the only one that explains why we men are so hooked on this game. If you see this movie more than five times, the music might start to get on your nerves. But it´s okay, it´s impossible to add music to a golf film, because the sport itself is so timeless and silent.
  • UACW11 August 2002
    While it may never be as famous as its forerunner Bull Durham (which also starred Costner and was also written and directed by Shelton) Tin Cup has legs of its own to stand on. With a brilliant soundtrack, excellent support from Russo, Johnson, Marin and others (including two Costners) and the writing and direction of Ron Shelton, this is a winner - an incredibly funny and gripping comedy with a smashing bit of irresistible bravado thrown in for good measure. Where Bull Durham didn't have a climax per se, Tin Cup does - and what a climax that is. And although you may in retrospect see the outcome as predictable, odds are you won't guess this by a mile working into it the first time: the suspense really works too.

For what it's worth, the riddle the movie starts on has been traced as far back as The Cosby Show.

A definite keeper.
    Some actors are born to play a certain type of character. A youthful Tom Cruise was the archetypal wise-cracking upstart with aspirations for future greatness; Mark Ruffalo (of Collateral fame) has mastered the 'just got out of bed' role; and any wife played by Joan Allen is both sexually and spiritually unfulfilled. However there is no one who plays the laconic ageing sports pro better than Kevin Costner. Tin Cup sees Costner at his absolute best, embodying the everyman charm that won him so many fans in 'Field of Dreams' and 'Bull Durham', yet exceeding these performances with a depth and sense of impending fallibility that engages the audience to the extent that we hit every long iron and read every putt of Roy McAvoy's long journey into golfing legend.

Costner's McAvoy is introduced as a washed up Texan driving range pro, a once prodigious college golfer whose talent was unquestionable, but who was hamstrung by an explosive temperament. Its not until be begins to teach psychiatrist Molly Griswold (Rene Russo), and has a reunion with college rival David Sims (Don Johnson) that his competitive flame is reignited, and he seeks to qualify for the US Open prove his obvious brilliance to both himself and to the watching world. This wouldn't be Costner if he didn't have half an eye on Russo's character as well, and the two plots are interwoven to excellent effect.

I love the golfing action in the movie. While some of the shot making from McAvoy is simply farcical (if anyone's ever got backspin on a 250 yard 3 wood i'd love to hear from you - I trust my inbox will remain vacant), director Shelton racks up the tension, especially on the back nine stretch of the US Open, which inevitably sees McAvoy paired with Sims in a race for the trophy. Costner actually lowered his handicap to single figures whilst shooting the movie, so the action has an air of authenticity to it, especially considering the cameos of well known US Tour pros such as Phil Mickelson, Corey Pavin and Craig Stadler. The familiar voice of legendary commentator Gary McCord adds to the feeling that the proceedings are not that divorced from reality. Ben Curtis (an unknown) won the Open Championship in 2003 - his first tournament win.

The supporting cast is excellent. This was Johnson's last major film for a long time, yet it is textured valedictory performance, and Russo adds radiance with her subtle beauty. Cheech Marin threatens to steal the show as McAvoy's world-weary caddy, yet Costner is the big star here. I was delighted with the film's conclusion, an overt rebellion against sporting conformity.

As a film in this genre, Tin Cup is a brilliant success. Costner has since gone on to bigger and worser things yet signs of a return to form are promising, his new baseball movie The Upside of Anger (in which, naturally, he plays an ageing pro) is released in March 2005. While not everything about the film is good (a little less mawkishness wouldn't go amiss in the romance scenes, combined with as little of Linda Hart as is humanly possible), Costner is on top form, and even if you don't like golf there is enough here for anyone to enjoy. Highly recommended.

8.5/10
  • DukeEman21 January 2002
    The game of golf never looked so exciting until Shelton came up with this little gem about a stubborn golfer and his peculiar approach to the game. Costner really works under Shelton's direction and snappy dialogue. The romance with Russo does not ring true but you somehow overlook it because of the convincing performances.
    Kevin Costner plays Roy McAvoy, and ex-golf pro who runs a driving range in the middle of nowhere (520 miles from anything, to be exact). The film opens with a horrible song, which is followed by a goofy country soundtrack that was, unfortunately, written for the movie. Why is it that music that was written specifically for a movie is never any good? There are exceptions, of course, but none of them can be found in Tin Cup. However, despite the sub-par soundtrack (no pun intended), this is a surprisingly satisfying film.

(spoilers) It's not about the game in Tin Cup, which is good, because that would have ruined the movie. There is a delightfully rich relationship between Roy and Molly Griswold (Renee Russo), who is in an unhappy relationship and becomes the love interest for Roy in the film. Molly has problems of her own that parallel Roy's own struggle with his life as well as his golf swing. She is a psychologist, but she gets hurt a lot. She can always tell when people are lying to themselves, but can't seem to tell when people are lying to her. Roy spends the majority of the film trying to get her to leave an unworthy boyfriend who, of course, turns out to be a total dick, and continually makes awkward advances of his own. Many of his amorous advances resemble something confused and totally wrong that you might expect from someone like Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. Roy just doesn't understand women, and Molly doesn't seem to know what she wants in a man.

Cheech Marin rounds out the cast in a fairly serious role that strongly contradicts his traditional roles, and he pulls it off surprisingly well. He is Roy's close friend and ultimately his caddy in the U.S. Open, in which Roy plays as sort of the thinking man's Happy Gilmore. It seems that his infatuation with Molly has caused him to lose much of his skill (`the shanks,' I believe it was called), and he tries just about everything to get his swing back. He uses all of those ridiculous infomercial devices that he made fun of Molly for using earlier in the film, and even attempts some witch doctor-like stuff, like getting drunk and playing hung over. Oops.

There is very heavy emphasis on the meaning of the golf in the movie, rather than the golf itself. It is made clear in many different scenes that winning or losing or even playing golf are not the things that should be focused on when watching this movie. It is the way that golf is used as a metaphor for life that is important. There is a part in the movie where Roy breaks a golf record, but he still gets no respect afterward, because he had yet to change as a person. Merely beating a record because you took less shots is meaningless – what's important is what you learn or how you change as a result. Even more importantly, near then end of the film, Roy takes shot after shot at the final hole, dropping all after ball into the lake, but he keeps taking the shot, rather than attempting to make it to the green safely with more than one shot. When he keeps telling Cheech to give him another ball, it becomes very clear that winning the tournament has become secondary to him. He has set a goal for himself, and even though he knows that it will cost him the tournament, he still seeks that goal.

Notice how when he finally does make that shot, he is way above par, but he still gets a huge response from the crowd. Tin Cup has a sort of Rocky-style ending, in which Roy loses the tournament, but he still wins his conflict with himself. Besides that, the movie doesn't leave us with the feeling that we are seeing a temporary high point that will likely be followed someday with the same troubles that were overcome in the film, which is something that even great movies like As Good As It Gets are guilty of. Roy has not made the most tremendous achievement possible, because he did lose the tournament, but he has also managed to qualify for the U.S. Open tournament for the following year. He lost the golf game, but he has made a significant accomplishment in his life that is especially clear when you compare his character from the beginning of the film to that at the end of the film. Character development is one of the most important things about meaningful film, and it is one of the strong points in Tin Cup. Don't watch it for the golf, watch it for the well-written script, the great acting, and most importantly, for the valuable lesson that can be learned from it as a perspective on life.
  • ginger_sonny3 August 2004
    Talented but unlucky golfer, Roy McAvoy (Kevin Costner) pursues glamorous therapist, Dr Molly Griswold (Rene Russo). Even though it's a Costner movie, it's actually a decent, surprisingly well-observed romantic comedy

The American Dream is brought nicely down to earth in this gentle comedy drama. Costner plays Roy McAvoy, an underachieving golf-whizz living in a small Texan town, who falls for Molly (Russo), the girlfriend of his arch rival David Simms (Don Johnson). Luckily for him, she agrees to sleep with him after he chips a ball from the clubhouse carpet and hits a pelican sitting outside. Molly gives Roy a good soul-searching pep talk and it isn't long before he's back playing professionally - and, before you know it, swinging his sticks in the US Open.

Tin Cup's big surprise is the film's unconventional ending, allowing us to forgive director Ron Shelton's clumsy, problematic dramatic structure and odd fascination with capturing Costner's highlighted mullet.

The dialogue and characters are convincing and intelligently developed. Russo wears vulnerability and neediness like a second skin, while Costner plays the tragic hero with considerable charm.
  • This movie is perhaps my most watched movie that I don't own. Every time it's on TV, it seems to find my TV screen... even if I'm not looking for it. But even after multitudes of viewings, something struck me after watching it again tonight... what a GREAT job Kevin Costner did in this role! And WHY do I say that? Because this is one of his few films where I didn't realize I was watching Kevin Costner! Usually, he plays a role that's too big for him to chew... and you painfully watch him try to make something of it, all the while your conscience says, "I'm watching a Kevin Costner flick... this is painful".

BUT NOT WITH TIN CUP. I actually found myself 2/3 through the movie quizzing myself on who the actor was... I could swear I've seen him somewhere before...

Keven Costner totally loses himself in this role... so much so that he wonderfully loses his identity as Kevin Costner.
  • astoryweaver31 May 2003
    This movie is fun. This movie is funny. It has the best of casts. The golf, even if you don't understand golf (and I don't) is great. The music is perfect for it. The ending isn't what you'd expect. This movie is a 10 plus all the way. The best part about it? Kevin Costner totally. Along with Cheech Marin, they make a great comedic team. Wish they'd team up again. Rent it and have a good time.
  • Well, if you're a golf fan—and by that, I mean you like watching bad movies that have a golf setting—you'll be able to get through this one without boredom setting in. For the rest of you, skip this one and pick another Kevin Costner sports movie.

Kevin Costner and sports—a combination we've happily watched three times before Tin Cup and three times after. This one, where Costner plays a has-been golfer who gets back in the game to get, uh, love, just doesn't cut the mustard. Who would have thought? The star is a good-looking guy, the love interest is as pretty as Hollywood can make her, and the promotional poster is really cute (and incidentally doesn't even hint at the movie having anything to do with golf). Somewhere along the line, it falls flat. Probably around the time when Costner shows Rene Russo how to golf and does the whole "I'll stand behind you and show you how to hold the stick" routine.

If you like cheesy, kind-of-lousy romantic comedies, go out and rent it. It's not atrocious. You'll live. But if you're in the mood for a better movie (and just as much Kevin Costner yumminess) you're better off watching Bull Durham.
  • The film is every amateur golfer dream.The best serious golf movie in my mind. As far as comedy golf films, Happy Gilmore and Caddyshack were fun, but Tin Cup played out the dream of contending at the US Open and letting it all hang out! I personally am not a huge Kevin Costner fan, however having said that a number of his films seem to be on my top ten list of favourite films. Untouchables, Tip Cup, Field of Dreams are all awesome films. I gotta say I do respect him. He chooses his films well.

Personally I like the ending of the film. A man facing his demons and confronting them head on, even with all odds being against him. I loved this film.
  • Underdog sports movies walk a fine line with clichés; romantic comedies walk a fine line with clichés. "Tin Cup" is both these things and walks the finest of the fine lines, and though it leans toward the cliché, it never completely loses its balance. Its likable swagger behind star Kevin Costner -- a similar swagger to that of "Bull Durham," also directed by Ron Shelton -- is what makes it one of the more memorable fault-filled sports movies.

Like the previous (and slightly better) Costner-Shelton collaboration of "Durham," this film is a romantic sports comedy about a trashy/washed-up athlete who wastes a lot of talent and somehow manages to attract sexual attention.

Costner stars as West Texan Roy McAvoy, referred to sometimes as 'Tin Cup,' a talented college golfer who somehow ended up a golf pro at a downtrodden driving range with his amigo Romeo (Cheech Marin) while his college teammate David Simms (Don Johnson) went on to be a star. Roy is a betting man who goes with his gut, ignores reason and uses golf metaphors to make sense of life. When an anal retentive psychiatrist named Molly (Rene Russo) shows up at his range for lessons, Roy is smitten, only to find she's with Simms. Of course the only way to win her over is to try and make the U.S. Open, right?

Costner and Russo have forced character chemistry. There's no reason for either of them to be interested in each other, save that Roy wants a challenge compared to the white trash women he's interested in. There's certainly no reason for Molly to leave her tournament- winning boyfriend for a sleazeball. And you know it's true when the dialogue directly addresses why they fell for the other like it's justification or something.

The machismo fueling Roy and his buddies in the movie, constantly betting each other and insulting the other when he lays up and plays it safe is childish, but it brings the film its humor and keeps it from being a straight through underdog movie. Its more interested in its characters than building up plot suspense, which is a good thing, if only the characters behaved in realistic ways.

"Tin Cup" is a giant golf metaphor for life, about how taking risks -- no matter how many times you fail -- is always worth it. Shelton's film is gutsy in the same way, finding different ways of telling a sports story that will make it feel different. It goes about it in an amateur way, but it's the bravado that it will be remembered for. Shelton's films have this miraculous tendency to only let their best parts stick with you. They're the kinds of movies that make for great channel-surfing finds on TV. That's really what "Tin Cup" is.

~Steven C

Visit my site at http://moviemusereviews.blogspot.com
    *** SPOILERS ***

OK, I've been reading some of the negative comments on here, and a couple seem to stick out.

One person says how they hate Kevin Costner and how they hate golf, and they hated this movie. Um, duh?! If you hate Kevin Costner and golf, don't watch a movie with Kevin Costner in it that's about golf!!!

Someone else mentioned how they felt it was predictable ... "he gets the girl and wins the tournament" ... um, if you actually watched the movie, you'd notice he _doesn't_ win the tournament!

I personally loved this film - the best thing Kevin Costner has done in years, an excellent showcase for Rene Russo and Cheech Marin, and a nice turn by Don Johnson. A hilarious script and just the most gorgeous greens you've ever seen. Superb.
  • Thank GOD for this movie! Coming from a golf family (my father is a pro), I can totally appreciate what a great film this really is.

Roy McAvoy (Kevin Costner), a broke down, once a great golfer, driving range pro deciding to try out for the U.S. Open, to win the heart of the beautiful Molly Griswold played graciously by Rene Russo, grabbed my heart.

Kevin Costner is very funny in this movie, and the few times he doesn't deliver, you can certainly count on the always funny Cheech Marin to add his humor. The last 20 minutes of this movie will have you on the edge of your seat watching Roy McAvoy play the best golf he has ever played, and it will almost certainly put a tear in your eye!
  • vranger19 June 2009
    "Tin Cup" is a unique experience, in that after viewing this movie, you won't automatically compare it to any other film ... there isn't another one like it.

It wrote in another review that all sports films contains many clichés. Well, I have to contradict myself in describing this film about golf. It starts many clichés, and then breaks them in half, sometimes literally! LOL Funny, charming, romantic, and defiant, Tin Cup gives you a bit of everything ... even a realistic ending but with a crumb thrown to the future at the same time.

And the phrase "Tin Cup" made its way into sports talk for an event where a golfer REALLY screws up on a hole, especially if from stubbornness.
  • I should start out by saying I am not a golf fan by any means. I think it's the most boring sport in the world, and I'd rather watch paint dry than golf. However, I am a fan of Ron Shelton. The films he's directed, BULL DURHAM, WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP, and COBB, have all been terrific films about sports. With the exception of COBB, which is more an examination of hero worship, these movies(and Shelton's upcoming PLAY IT TO THE BONE, about boxing) have been comedies, and with romantic stories thrown in as well. This proves that Shelton is able to accomplish a difficult trick; he makes these movies to hook people who may have no interest in the sport he's talking about, yet at the same time satisfies the sport's fans by demonstrating a deep love and knowledge of the sport without trying to make a ROCKY or BAD NEWS BEARS clone.

TIN CUP is his movie about golf, but, of course, it's also a romantic comedy about the relationship between Kevin Costner as a golf caddy and Rene Russo as a scatter-brained psychologist. Since the golf stuff, though well-presented, was the least interesting part of the movie for me, I focused on the romantic comedy part, and it's sharply drawn. Costner is back in BULL DURHAM form, playing a grungy but likeable character, and he's especially good at pulling off the speeches, which are a Shelton trademark(remember his "I believe in" speech in BULL DURHAM), and can come off florid in other hands but work well here. Russo is his match every way, especially pulling off the shifting moods her character goes through. I'm not a big fan of Don Johnson or Cheech Marin, but they both add solid support.

One thing though; It'd be nice if for once, one of these sports romantic comedies could have women athletes for a change, maybe involved with a male athlete. Tennis, anyone?
    There are three reasons to watch this movie: Rene Russo, Cheech Marin, and Don Johnson. The rest of it is a waste of time. Kevin Costner's character, the protagonist, is a jerk from beginning to end. He never changes, he never learns anything, he is a total loser. I don't know whether to blame the script writer, the director, or Costner, but it doesn't really matter. The main character is entirely unsympathetic. Marin has some great lines, and he delivers them beautifully. Russo is sexy and plays her part perfectly. Johnson's performance is excellent, except for the one scene in which the director or scrip writer or someone decided that he needed to play completely out of character in order to make him the villain. It even appeared that he was embarrassed to have to do that scene, since it was totally inconsistent with the rest of his role. I will watch the film again, but just to enjoy watching Russo, Marin, and Johnson.
    The movie has so many ironic and cliche moments it hurts. Also you can predict just about the whole love story part of the film. But the worst part is that the story is wrongful one. It makes the general viewer think they can annoy any woman with unwanted touch and over flirtation until they finally cheat on their boyfriend with you. Ya, great story... the golf side of the movie was great. 7 iron back nine finish, amazing. Sticking out the 18th hole after knowing he lost it, cocky but glorious. Hitting the pelecon of the post, easy to see coming but amazing none the less. All in all movie is worth a watch, just don't do it unless you love golf, or else it's just a bad rom com with some guys showboating their swing skills. 6
  • How do you make a movie about golf fun? You write it like a movie about baseball.

Costner is like the ultimate sports movie star isn't he? Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, For the Love of the Game, that football one I didn't see... and this.

It's hysterical, it's written almost as if the people involved wanted to do a story about a batter with the yips, and instead decided to make just a little more original and do the story about golf instead.

Either way it's watchable with a lead cast and a supporting cast that pull off dead pan hysterical very well.
  • It's a terrific movie on sportsmanship spirit. Kevin Costner delivers a terrific tightrope performance on being an underdog that can't afford to lose his delicate grace, for the sake of love, and for the sake of acceptance. The direction and acting both have to be commended here because the trajectory of the protagonists' personal and professional development creates some really delicate inter-personal situations that demand every grunt and every murmur be in place for the sake of propriety. Well, then, the writer plays a major part here too for scripting some stylish relationship-hustle.
  • "Tin Cup" is a good golfing movie. As for a comedy romance, it's so-so. There's not much by way of clever or witty writing. The comedy is mostly in situations. And, most of that doesn't come from the movie's lead actor, Kevin Costner. Rene Russo is good as Dr. Molly Griswold, and she provides some of comedy. The rest is provided by the various sidekicks of Roy McAvoy, whom Costner plays.

Cheech Marin is good, and funny, as Romeo Posar. Dennis Burkley is funny as Earl. And Linda Hart is good, and funny, as Doreen. Don Johnson, is okay as the straight guy antagonist of Roy. Again, this is a movie where Costner says his lines, goes through the motions but seems to have no life or energy. Actually, the role fits that lack of an aura about him - he's tired and lazy.

The best that all of the above would earn this film - if it had a good screenplay, would be five stars in my book. The screenplay itself is just fair, but the golfing and golf segments lift this film two to three stars. First, there's the interplay and scenes with the announcers and golfers on the course. It gives it a feel of real pro-golf. And it's entertaining. Then the courses, scenic holes and scenery in general brighten it up. Finally, the golfing action and filming is very good. One has a good idea how Roy's golfing will go, but it's fun to see the shots.

The language at times is crass and crude. Otherwise, this rates as a fair golfing movie for all that it shows. Costner gets some credit for that because he has good golfing form. But none of the acting is above par. It's lightweight as a comedy, and so-so as a romance.

Here's the best dialog from the film. Dr. Molly Griswold, "Is this normal behavior for him?" Earl, "Well, the word 'normal' and him don't often collide in the same sentence."
  • I've probable only given 10 out of 10 to two other movies at most. I'm not an easy sell or a forgiving movie fan. But, I love this movie. I just watched it again for maybe the 6th time and I still found myself laughing and crying at the same time, (out loud, on an airplane) during the climatic scene. I think this movie gets my vote for best sports movie of all time. Yah, I said it. Get over it.
  • During the US Open this year they accosted Gary McCord as being the story for the movie.

He actually took an 18 in a PGA event trying to get over the water. He admitted to it!!

He said he just knew he could get it over the water.

He had no excuses.

This is tough with the rules of ten lines. I actually liked the movie. Odd as I think Costner is over rated. He plays the same part in every movie. I only like Tin Cup and Water world. He has no stretch in his acting. Same character in every movie with different things happening. He has no range in his acting ability. Hopefully this is ten lines......