The two buildings that were used to shoot the film are in Pedion Areos in Athens. The first one is the headquarters of the Hellenic Army Geographical Service and it used to host the facilities of the Military Broadcasting Service, and the second one is the building of the Hellenic National Defense College.
At one point, the gate officer informs Pvt. Papadopoulos that Von Canaris is looking for him. While the officer's name is actually Major D. Karavidis, who is the intelligence officer of the unit, this is a reference to Admiral Wilhelm Franz Canaris who was the head of the Abwehr, the German military intelligence service, from 1935 to 1944.