• I absolutely adore this cartoon - it's my all time fave! It has everything - adventures, comedy, humour, even romance!! I would have to say that my favourite beaver is Norb, coz he's just so cute and his personality is just so cool. I recomend this cartoon to ANYONE! (hey, my friend who is 30 years old who watches this cartoon!)
  • The first time I saw this I knew it was an original, I mean, how tv shows do you know that tell the hilarious adventures of two brother beavers roughing it after leaving home.

Daggett is a funny but some what accident prone beaver who usually is the cause of most of the problems they encounter, and Norbert is the quick-witted slightly older brother who gets taken along on the ride.

A classic odd-couple television show for 8 month olds to 80 year olds!!!
  • Ok, all I can say is if you're into that stupid comedy, then you'll LOVE this! In other words, if you are a current "Spongebob Squarepants" watcher/fan, then the "Angry Beavers" will be right up top with you. Daggett and Norbert are by far the funniest and best "pair" since Harry and Lloyd in "Dumb and Dumber". Daggett and Norm are the two brothers who can't leave with each other but can't live without each other. Daggett is the stupid one who knows nothing about everything and is a terribly cluts, and Norbert is the one who is good with the ladies and knows almost everything. With a great set up of "woody friends", these two 'Spooty' beavers are by far the most entertaining to watch.
  • This is the most hysterical Nicktoon up to date! The episodes are hilarious (especially the Muscular Beaver ones), and the characters are laugh out loud funny! I like Dagget because he's real stupid, and says a lot of funny stuff (like spoot-head). Norbert's funny because of his personality, and how he says words in a different kind of way. It just gets me going!!!! It's also funny because they watch B-movies like the Crawling Spleen which was pretty funny!

I recommend this show to anyone who wants a quick laugh. After all, THE ANGRY BEAVERS RULE!!!!
  • Angry Beavers is one of my most favorite cartoons on Nickelodeon ever! The show begins off about these two beaver brothers named Norbert (voiced by Nick Bakay) and Dagget (voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz). There mother and father have a new litter and so Dagget and Norbert go out to live their life and other things. I have mostly every single episode on tape. But I hope someday Nickelodeon brings the show back on the show along with some of the other good Nickelodeon cartoons like Ahhh! Real Monsters, The Ren and Stimpy Show, Rocko's Modern Life, CatDog (still on the air but shows reruns) and Inavder Zim. All these good Nickelodeon cartoons get cancelled by those stupid Rugrats and Rocket Power! But the good shows on Nickelodeon now are SpongeBob, The Fairly Oddparents and Jimmy Neutron and also reruns of CatDog. I really thought the show was clever and all the jokes were very funny and the animation was great also. I wasn't the only one in my family who liked it, my Mom, Dad and sister liked it also. I remember when the show first came on me and my sister would always catch the new episodes when the show was first on and kept going! My sister and I were pretty much like Dagget and Norbert as a matter of fact. My sister was just like Norbert and I was like Dagget because I would be so hyperactive while the other plays it cool! I also like Dagget and Norbert's friends. Like Treeflower, Barry the Bear, Ping the Lizard, Big Rabbit, Stump, That wolf and raccoon (what ever there names are?). I also thought those B-movies that Dagget and Norbert watch are hilarious! They make me laugh so hard, like my favorite one they watch is the one with The Giant Radioactive Monster Squirrel! One of Nickelodeon's best cartoons ever made!
    This was one of the best animated shows from Nickelodeon, along with "Rocko's Modern Life" "Ren & Stimpy" and "Invader Zim". I liked very much the main characters, which are pretty funny and likable. The voice acting, the animation and the music were very well made too.

I liked the way in which the writers combined subtle humor and cultural references with slapstick humor. This show had appeal to the younger audiences, but also it had appeal to adults as well.

Most of the modern animated shows (And the live action shows as well) from Nickelodeon aren't so good as this, I hate most of them. But I will always remember this show as one of my favorite cartoons from Nickelodeon.
  • This was easily the best show on Nickelodeon. I loved it!! It was so funny some times, and I still use some of its phrases, like Norb's "Put Spaces... in between... you whords!" and their use of the word "weedle." This was easily the best show on Nick!
  • "The Angry Beavers" was a very good Nicktoon. It came around when Nickelodeon was still airing good shows, like cartoons and game shows. I thought the plot of the show was very good and funny and the voice acting was well done. I used to love watching this show with my sister and brother.

"The Angry Beavers" told the story of Norbert and Daggett who are two beaver brothers living together. They had many adventures together. Though they sometimes fought, they still always needed each other.

My favorite episodes are: "Friends, Romans, Beavers", "The Day the Earth Got Really Screwed Up", and "Up All Night II: Up All Day". These episodes are hysterical and classical, even though I love all of the episodes.

In conclusion, this is a really good show and I suggest everyone should watch it. I give "The Angry Beavers" 10/10 stars!
  • Aaahhhh 90's Nostalgia! I love this show a fantastic addition to all the great shows of the 90's or as Norb would say "This is Faaaanntabulous"!!

Two Beaver brothers (Norb and Dagget) get kicked out of their own home as it is what beavers do when younger siblings come along. So they now have to 'hack it' in the 'real world', they end up doing everything our young minds would do - staying up all night, scary movie marathons, start a band, and much more!

This is a fun show certainly watch this if you like other 90's Nickelodeon cartoons!
  • There have been some Nickelodean shows I've liked, and some I haven't. The Angry Beavers I love. It is really fresh, funny and likable, and also somewhat cute.

The animation was excellent, with lovely colours and backgrounds and the characters were always well drawn. The music was also wonderful, loved the theme tune especially, while the writing was deliciously witty and very funny and the stories charming and likable. I even liked the titles to the episodes, a vast majority of them were very original and funny. The characters were very engaging with unique personalities Norbert in particular, while the voice acting was top notch.

Overall, a great show and gets my vote as Nickelodean's best. 10/10 Bethany Cox
  • The Angry Beavers has got to be my favorite Nicktoon of all time. It has an off-kilter sense of humor that only `Rocko's Modern Life' ever came close to. The dialogue never is predictable. Your brain goes `Okay, now he's going to say…HUH?' What other show could come up with "Old Gramps," a muskellunge so huge he can supposedly "swallow a Swede'? A movie called `The Crawling Spleen'? A hundred-foot-tall rampaging splinter? The plots are off the wall too, such as this one: Norbert falls under the influence of slimy pond scum and becomes possessed by the spirit of un-goodliness. The Evil Norb causes undue harm to his neighbors until Daggett comes to the rescue. This show is destined to become a classic in my eyes! Watch it with some Yoo-Hoo and a case of Lickity-Splits.
  • I am such a huge fan of Angry Beavers! I first started watching it when it premiered on Nickelodeon in April of 1997. Even though it was 7 years ago and I was only 10 and 1/2 at the time, it seems like only yesterday.

Guther-Wahl is by far one of the best animation studios, for they have the best imagination, creativity, and characters for a cartoon. This show brings back the fondest of memories. I couldn't decide whether I liked Daggett or Norbert better. Dagget was always the hyperactive, not-so-smart brother that always fell flat on his face. His personality reminded me that of Daffy Duck. Norbert, on the other hand, was very well-drawn, but was somewhat of an ego-maniac with his well-groomed coolness. His personality best resembled Bugs Bunny. I thought the chemestry of the characters was phenominal.

Later on in the first season, we met more characters like Big Rabbit (one of my alter egos), Barry (can we say Barry White?), Treeflower (cutie), and Ping (I'm sure Jim Carrey could've passed for the part).

The show delivered what it promised, fun characters, great chemestry, and smart humor. However there are a tiny spoonful of episodes that are just weird, like "Loogie Hawk" and "Stump's Family Reunion". Despite some episode mishaps, the show is brilliant!

Right now, Dagget and Norbert are no longer with us, except in reruns on Nicktoons TV, which I don't have on Time Warner Digital Cable. Nickelodeon has recently become corrupt by completely flushing this show down the toilet (like, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahh! Real Monsters, etc.) but kept the most uncreative drivel like Rugrats and Rocket Power?

I do take credit for some hilarious Nick shows like Spongebob and Fairly OddParents, but they're nowhere near as timeless and valuable as Angry Beavers.

Hopefully Mitch Schauer will someday race for a comeback and Angry Beavers will continue to be as popular as it was in the late 1990s. Right Now, it seems very unlikely. Even if the show doesn't make a comeback, the reruns of the show are still for our enjoyment and memoriam of those two fun-loving beavers.

10/10 stars! BRILLIANT!
  • jacobm-1329812 January 2019
    I'll be honest, when I watched this show for the first time, I was very surprised, but in a good way. The show has a lot of wacky and creative humor in it that is very funny. Overall, I think this is one of Nickelodeon's better shows and is probably one of their most underrated shows.
  • Growing up in the late 1990s-early 2000s was fun for me, especially with some of Nickelodeon's clever and funny shows! Kenan & Kel, Rugrats, Rocket Power, and especially the Angry Beavers! My entire family and I watched this show non-stop when I was in Preschool up until I was in 3rd grade. My favorite character was Norbert (played by Nick Bakay, who also played "Salem Saberhagen" on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch). Following the series' cancellation, my family and I came up with ideas for new episodes, and we even manage to use Dagget's classic catchphrase "Spoot" in many sentences. Thanks to Netflix and Shout! Factory (for releasing the show on DVD, which I own), I can relive the "glory days" of my life and share it with younger kids of today's generation. After showing it to some of today's kids, they enjoy it and are always asking for more. Mitch Schauer, if you're reading this, I suggest you revive the series or better yet, give Norbert and Daggett Beaver a theatrical or TV movie! Too many of today's kids are missing out on great shows that Gen Y (which I'm in) had growing up! Overall, a fun series that not only kids will enjoy, but teens and adults will too.
  • This is one of the top-shows of Nickelodeon. Spongebob was great, but on a different level than the Angry beavers. Daggett always gets himself into trouble, while Norbert saves him (most of the time). Never could Daggett beat Norbert, in anything. I do feel sorry for Daggett most of the time. He's also very Hyper. Anyway, their 'forestfriends' are great too. You have Bing, Barry, Rabbit and many more, which all add a little thing to it. Also, their contact with humans usually results into chaos.

I'd say just watch the show. You either love it or hate it.

I'd give it a 10/10!
    This is quite possibly the greatest cartoon ever made since the old Looney Tunes shorts from the 1950s. Great plots, the voice actors picked were perfect for the characters (especially Richard Steven Horvits--you gotta love Daggett's voice), and great characters. One of the few shows i have seen that has morals, but is still funny and not blatantly obvious with the morals. Also, this is a show that can be enjoyed by adults, even if you have no children.

There are several notable episodes that are so funny you will have to take a break from laughing after watching them; the one with the sand castle, as well as when they forget about the party while getting ready for it are two of my particular favorites. THere is also the episode where both Norbert and Daggett are in the dam, but neither one realizes it, and they both think the other is a monster of some kind. Probably the most hilarious is the Halloween episode, 'The Day the Earth got Really Screwed Up', where Norb and Dag are unable to control their imagination and bring to life all of the horror movie monsters, as well as turning everything (except for them) to black and white. It is a shame future generations will not be allowed by Nickelodeon to enjoy it as much as i have. I don't cry often, but i did when this was canceled.
  • The Angry Beavers is a fresh idea that is very pseudo good. The chemistry between Daggett and Norbert are profound and full of slapstick in between. Their life together pits them in different situations and in the end makes us (but not all) laugh. I like also their B-movie scenes, where the actors are corny and the special effects cheap. It's a classic show!
  • This show is definitely one of my favorite nicktoons. The jokes are very funny and the show is very entertaining. I highly recommend this show.
  • Angry Beavers is a delightful show about two brothers Norbert and Dagger heading out into the big world for the first time. It explores the struggles, misadventures and heartfelt times you experience living with a loved one. Reminding me a lot of the arguments and signs of affection between my sibling Groening up. I was excited to hear Nickelodeon had finally aired it on the splat and brought it the first chance I got on DVD.

Though dated, the animation was quite nice, relaxing and colorful. The jokes are spot on, intelligent and put a smile on your face in no time. I Love the different plays on pop culture from movies, accents and toys. Their forest friends are a nice ensemble caste with different personalities brought the world created to life and set up the best gags.

Angry beavers should be brought back someday as a replacement for the downhill Spongebob, since all 65 episodes are a treat. Get it today
  • "The Angry Beavers" was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and watching it again from a more adult perspective, it's still the wacky, off-the-wall, hilarious show I knew and loved.

Norbert (the smooth, cool one) and Dagget (the crazy, hyper one) were kicked out of their home by their own parents after the new litter was born. So Dag and Norb are now bachelor beavers living in the same house going through many crazy situations. From Dag getting the horrible disease "Stinky Toe". To Norb daring Dag to be silent, or else he'll get the painful moogie pinch.

Everything about this show was great. The characters were all funny and endearing, the stories were hilariously weird, the animation was colorful and nice to look at, the theme tune was very catchy, and easily one of the most memorable theme tunes in Nickelodeon history. "The Angry Beavers" is truly a fun show for kids and adults alike.

A series finale was produced in 2001, but Nickelodeon refused to air it due to it breaking one of the laws in Nicktoons. Which is: Don't say you're show is ending. Nickelodeon (at the time) liked rerunning the episodes over and over so the kids would think the show's were still in production, even though they obviously weren't.

"The Angry Beavers" is one of the greatest animated TV shows of 1997, and one of the top 5 greatest Nicktoons of all time. An odd, but hilarious cartoon show. Fans of the beavers should also check out Cartoon Network's currently-running series "Regular Show". As it has very similar main characters, and somewhat similar humor.

Rating: 9/10 "Excellent"
  • After this show, and some of Cat-Dog, Nickelodeon went to complete pot.

The randomness is amazing, and how often little inside jokes or notes got slipped in was awesome. I remember one episode, early on, where Norbert and Dagget are reading the mail, and Norbert says something about "Hey Dag, listen to this.." then goes on to say something about how Richard Horovitz had just been blessed with a ..daughter? (it's been a long time, i forgot which) and Dagget, says "that's great...who's Richard Horovitz? That line from Dagget stuck with me as funny because I had just started to understand the world of voice- overs and the actors behind my favorite cartoons, and i had just learned that Richard Horovitz was Daggets voice-artist.

But inside jokes and notes aside, this was one of the last great things Nickelodeon produced. The animation was wonderful, the humor was subtle but it was funny enough. Witty and down right smart ass quips, more thinking mans humor, The first cartoon to aim strictly at and above 10 year olds..I was 11 when it first aired, and loved it, my brother was 7 and didn't get it for a second. So, it doesn't have the universal appeal of some of the other shows, it's truly a great show, and needs to be on DVD.
  • The Angry Beavers is one of the best classic shows you can't see on regular Nickelodeon it's self. The writers, the animators, the actors did a wonderful job on this show. I don't know what I would be doing right now if I never seen this show but I am sure I would have fell in love with the show with pretty much any episode. This show is a true classic. I love this show so much. It's funny and it's so different from any other cartoon. There's great humor in each episode. Norbert and Daggett are truly fun loving rodents. The show has it's ups and downs in episodes but it's really exciting and interesting. I don't think any creator can think of any better idea for a cartoon. I don't think any other actors, writers or animators would have done a much better show. I recommend this show to those that are smart, have a sense of humor, understand hidden jokes and doesn't react harshly to certain little things. I will never forget this show. I might even love it until I am 100 years old! That's a promise. I grew up with this cartoon. For all cartoons that I grew up, they remain in my heart. The Angry Beavers will be the number one show that will remain in my heart forever. Norb and Dag been through many great adventures. The writers also have a great imagination and is great with their writing skills. The animators are awesome as well. The colors are so rich and wonderful. The great thing is, there's sometimes computer animation! Great music as well! This show is a show you must all watch! A wonderful classic for LIFE!
  • The Angry Beavers is a hilarious cartoon. I think except for 'numb-bugger' & 'poopy-pants' a lot of the humor went over the heads the kids watching Nick. I was hooked from the first episode I watched. I love the subtle, off beat humor. For example, Norb & Treeflower's performing the River Dance, Dagget waking up after a night at the jalapeño bar to find a baby mongoose and immediately assuming he had a baby during the night. Norbert's collection of 8-track tapes, the Particle Accelerator he keeps in the basement and his tendency to talk like James T. Kirk. Luckily I have a lot of the episodes on video tape but I would rather have them on DVD. Are all the episodes even out on DVD? Are they in rerun anywhere? If anyone knows please email me.
  • I like this show actually. I didn't watch it too much as a kid, but i catch a few episodes from time-to-time. This show is one of the better ones to come from Nickeloden, along with my favorite: Rocko's Modern Life. This one holds a fair amount of laughs in each episode.

my favorite episode would have to be when they are both Sleepwalking. It's pretty funny.

I love how most of the episodes have them both watching really bad B movies. they are just really funny, and look like the makers of the show were making fun of B movies.

I would recommend this show to anyone who can catch it on Nicktoons, or Nickelodeon. I would also recommend the show Action League NOW!
  • The Angry Beavers is everything one should expect of a silly, fun show: Likable, understandable characters, memorable slapstick humor and one-liners, and good plot lines (for the most part...) The show can take some getting used to, as it did for me, for people who are willing to give this masterpiece a good try but once you do, sit down and prepare to be fully entertained and laughing throughout the entire show.

The basic premise is that two brothers, the hyper, overreacting Daggett and his calmer, more intelligent brother Norbert have left their home to fend for themselves in a forest full of a bunch of crazy characters, getting into hilarious situations and devising over-the-top plots for their own "personal gain", all the while trying to be a good brother and just plainly, do what beavers do. The show's originality of natural, yet unnatural animals and the unique style of humor is the core of the show. Norbert's talking about his younger brother behind his back and Daggett tries a dumb, but funny comeback, they may be flying all over the place, or they're trying in vain to outdo the other in such oddball competitions, like the infamous staring contest, you can help but be entertained.

The story lines for each episode are for the most part, well thought out and taken up a step. Even the overly used ones. Most have some interesting twists that will usually happen throughout, especially when the beavers are competing, or on rare occasions, when Daggett gets the upper hand on his brother. Unfortunately, there have been those few episodes like "Stinky Toe" or "Sans-A-Pelt" that come along and just seem out of place or even worse, unentertaining, but they should be overlooked with amusing classics like "Beaver Fever" or "H2-Whoa!!"

The voice acting is superb, funny when both the main actors worked at the same time. Nick's laid back and mature, perfect for Norb, while the powerful, loud, and in-you-face Richard suits Daggett like a glove. Their lines are executed perfectly, mostly found during their arguments, and will have you wondering whether these crazy rodents weren't indeed based on real brothers. Norb notes Dag's stupidity, Dag does a comeback, while Norb ends it with something like "Yeah, you need to order a new brain" or "When this is over, I'm selling you to science." Even their beaver slang and crazily mispronounced words are something special. Hard-core fans will be saying "spoothead" to their friends after having watching an episode.

The show only has one short-coming. There are numerous inside jokes and culture references scattered throughout, and it can be very confusing for the younger crowd of like 5 or 6 sometimes, so most in this category tend to leave this one alone, unless they just live for cartoon animals, truly understand the humor, or want to see what Dag has done today. Once paid attention to enough, kids from 10 up should quickly find this a favorite.

All in all, there is truly nothing wrong with this show, except it may not be someone's cup of tea. It delivers exactly what it promised: Good, clean fun. The characters, the antics, the animation, nothing short of amazing. Even with a hard established fan-base from young and old, Nickelodeon failed to realize this show's real potential, which led to it's bad time slots and ultimately, cancellation. Definitely worthy of everyone's attention and deserving a long overdue DVD/VHS release. Norb and Dag are a true comic duo.