• garyaun_burton29 October 2015
    This is the worst DBZ movie ever made. What were they thinking when they made this garbage? Turning Broly into some green slim monster really. That was so stupid. Also they had him fight Goten, Kid Trunks, Android 18 & Krillin and had have him lose to them. That doesn't even make sense because they are not that strong. The first one had him fight a more realistic team to lose to when he fought Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Teen Gohan and Future Trunks. It made more sense for him to lose to Goku sense Goku is considered to be the strongest character in the show.The first one was good. The second one was OK but this one was just straight up terrible. I just recommended the first two to be watch. No one should even bother watching this garbage.
  • jake-law1235 August 2010
    Lame
    The first two Broly movies were pretty decent. The first one was insane, followed by the second, which was alright, but that's where they should have just stopped. This third installment in the Broly series known as Bio Broly is nothing but a worthless piece of crap that isn't worth the watch. The only reason I watched it, after hearing it sucked from my friends, was out of curiosity. But now that I did, I regret every minute of it. Nothing but an abomination to DBZ.

The story is that a former rival of Hercule wants revenge for ruining his dream of Martial Arts. His plan includes resurrecting the Legendary Super Saiyan Broly as a biotechnology monster. So, Trunks, Goten, Krillin, 18, and even Hercule team up to fight this monster.

Won't you just be excited to see Hercule fighting, great start, right? Wrong!

Where do I begin? First off, its short, so there's so much limit inside that you never feel excited. It takes place in one single location, and the fight scene is pathetically short and stupid. Just the whole idea and premise is pointless. They could have easily concluded the Broly series with the second, a perfect ending. But no, they had to include Broly like a monster, and they also had to include Hercule. Are you joking me? Its like that's the one reason for making a third one, to include Hercule, and Hercule sucks!!!

The one somewhat decent thing about it is that it includes Android 18, who is insanely hot! I forgot how hot she was, so when I saw her, I was like, yeah baby, do your thing.

Other than that, this movie is not worth it. Curiosity killed the cat, well, curiosity killed my ass!
  • OK... I'm a huge fan of Dragon Ball, have been since I was a kid. I've seen it all, DB, DBZ, GT, and recently just started getting around to watching the rest of the movies I hadn't seen.

Pros: Goten and Trunks actually fight without their parents help for once That's all I got...

Cons: Terrible Plot Mediocre fight scenes Broly is a blob... what... lame AWFUL ending, horribly lame

Worst Dragon Ball animated movie YET. That said, the others were all pretty decent. I'm a fan of the big power ups and the struggle to survive. I also like to see the "bad guys" go out with a big bang.
  • I loved the first Broly film. To have another Saiyan with so much power and the twist of insanity due to this power was great. The second film that followed was a massive contrast, since it had a more comedic tone with the involvement of Goten and kid Trunks. Many felt it didn't do the power of Broly justice, but I thought it was great fun to see such a villain be brought down by opponents who made you laugh along the way. Since the third instalment would also involve the same protagonists with the addition of Hercule and Android 18, I was expecting something similar.

Having Broly come back as a mishmash between a Saiyan and robot was a good idea. Not exactly novel, but it was different from the concept of Androids, which I thought was somewhat original. Regardless, when Broly rose again, we were greeted with the same angry Saiyan, albeit with a different face. The fight scenes that ensued were unlike any other I had come to expect from Dragon Ball. Sure, there were Ki-blasts and explosions, but it seemed very contained within the environment it was set in. It also felt a bit less 'epic' than the other fights we had seen with Broly. Perhaps it may just be that the bio-form of Broly was weaker, I don't know. I still enjoyed it for its different format, but I would have appreciated something a bit bigger given Broly's power.

I feel this movie has been underrated as a Dragon Ball movie. Just because it did not follow the typical formulation of the series, it doesn't make it bad. I enjoyed the different setup and fight scenes. The only reason why I deducted a few points was because this movie had a bit more potential that I felt it did not tap into.
  • chancejeffrey21 April 2019
    I watch this i was sitting on. HUGE GIANT COMFY EXPENSIVE COUCNCH while wachting on NEW EXPENSEVE TV (HUGE ) (MASEVE)(COOL) (HUGE) (4K) ULTRA)(HD 90 INCH MASSIVE HUGE LARGE QUALY BIGEGEDT EVER ) ON MY (HUGE) (EXPENS) (HUMOGUS) (APPLE) (TV) (STREING) (DEVICE) (BIGGES EVER HUG MUGIS LARGE MOS EXPENS EVER YOUR TV STREAM DEVI SMAL PUNY CHEP LESS THAIN 114 PEE SMAL BLAAL FART AS HOLE) DUM BIC POOR GO LIF OF YOUR POR MONEY HAHAHA GGO WELFAR HODLEMZ HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA U SO JELLLY OF MY TV FRESH SWAG U TRY AND TAK BUT NO TAKE FROOM ME AHAHHAAH I GET SECCUR TO KILL U BLAKZ AHHAHAHA HHH AHAHA GB A AHAHHAAAGGAHAHHAG
  • This is probably my least favourite DBZ Movie. I didn't like how they handle Broly's character and the plot wasn't that good. But the movie was still kinda enjoyable.
  • I had heard some bad things about this movie and it was about as bad as I thought it would be. This movie features Broly returning a second time and he's even dumber than the last time. All he said was "Kakarot" in the last movie and now he doesn't even talk at all. When he first emerges from his tank, he appears normal. Then a few shots later, we see that he turned into this goop monster. Wait, we just saw a scene with him earlier where he looked completely different. What?! The previous movie suffered from the main characters not appearing and they repeat their mistakes!

Okay, Goku does technically appear in this movie, but it's in the last few minutes with even less screen time than the last time! It even ends with him saying he's going off to fight Broly. Why couldn't they have made the whole movie about that? It would have made more sense that way. Vegeta isn't here at all again or Piccolo or Gohan. I guess they were trying to give the spotlight to the other characters, but it just doesn't work. For the longest time, people thought this was the worst "Dragonball" movie period. Boy, were we wrong with "Dragonball: Evolution". **
    You guessed it, Broly's back..again. This really over did the character and I have to say the greatest flaw of this movie has got to be Broly. He has not a single worthwhile bit of dialogue, and he looks terrible. He spends 99.9% of the film covered in sh*t, which was just a bad idea on paper. How did it get to the screen? And where as I am pleased that the beautiful Android 18 finally gets a role in a DBZ movie, Piccolo, Vegeta, hell even Gohan don't appear at all in this one. WTF? Once more the majority OF the story's weight is on the shoulders of Trunks and Goten. I prefer them in this movie compared to the previous, actually fighting back and all. The fight scenes are in general good, although almost negated due to our raw sewage covered villain.

the score is nothing special, you'll probably want to stick to the Japanese music in glorious 5.1 audio. Along with all the former problems , the climax is pretty lackluster in my opinion and it all comes together as a pretty dismal installment.
    The worst of all Broly films......the fights were completely boring...and the way that Broly died was a waste of my time (allergic to water...really?) They shouldn't have even tried to make a film if they weren't going to make a sensible plot. Not to mention that they used some of the most boring characters of Dragon Ball Z.......Trunks, Hercules, Goten, and 18....and 18 gets whupped pretty easily.......don't even bother watching this one.....watch the second one...and leave it at that....the first two were amazing...the first one had an epic fight with an amazing metal soundtrack that really glued together well, the second one was a really fun movie, that was goofy, but still had a memorable ending. This one....it's boring (even though it's the shortest of them all), and I really feel like they've made Broly the most pathetic villain because of this....DON'T WATCH IT!!
  • This movie features basically: Goten, Trunks, No. 18, Krillin, and Mr. Satan. Goku makes a brief appearance, but for the most part this movie is Goten's and Trunk's. Mr. Satan must face down a challenge and the two kids and No. 18 accompany him and do all the fighting as Mr. Satan must keep promising to pay 18 what he owes. What they find is a bio-labratory where the super strong Brolli has been reborn. Goten and Trunks must face him down with their only help Krillin and 18 and also must watch out for this purple ooze that absorbs everything in its path. This one could use a bit more, but it is one of the funnier movies in the series.
  • Bio-Broly is basically another example of how a third movie in a certain movie trilogy can be a massive fail. The plot is Mr. Satan, Android 18, Goten, and Trunks are invited to a semi-tournament against a friend of Mr. Satan's who threatens to expose the Word Martial Arts Tournament champion as a fraud, but the shaman from the second Broly movie has helped him make a Bio-Human clone of Broly, and when he breaks out of his capsule, carnage is all but ensured.

My main beef is Broly himself. While it was good he came back, he is only in his iconic form for a few seconds until he fuses himself with some dangerous fluid that deforms him into Bio-Broly, which reduces the villain to a mindless zombie. And Mr. Satan is more of a big baby in this while Goten and Trunks take center stage, the only good thing being they show they can fight without the aid of their fathers. The plot is uninteresting and feels more like a cheaply-made cash grab over the Broly character. Thank goodness the Broly movie for Dragon Ball Super gave us a canon Broly that is better than the bio-engineered abomination this one cooks up.
  • lukerose026 April 2019
    No Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, and barely any Goku; this is pretty much a long, pointless filler episode of Dragon Ball Z.
  • matt-cricket20 July 2010
    Some might say this movie isn't very good. Don't listen to them. See this one, not the first two Broly movies.

Bio Broly dares to be original and different from its predecessors and is one of the funniest and most entertaining of the DBZ movies. Broly was never good or interesting in the first place, so here he could be anyone. It doesn't really matter as he is satisfactory for the film's purpose. Most importantly, Bio Broly is believable for DBZ standards. He was created by messing with science and dies in the deadly acid from whence he came, not from clich├ęd laser attacks, but by the brains of our heroes. Check it out. Not quite as good as some of the other movies but original enough to surpass its crappy prequels.
  • For the record, I watched this subtitled. I typically cannot stand dubbing, save for the trio of films I owned on VHS as a young lad (Lord Slug, Cooler's Revenge/Return, each helped by a more unique American score, IMO). I switched it to dub for just a moment to see the difference, and well suffice to say it's simply not the same film.

A rich egotistical "villain," an island fortress getaway a la Bond complete with army of mad scientists and bio-henchmen, a refreshingly mute Broli who for once doesn't pout on about crying Kakarot (WTF was ever up with that? Way to kill off the "Legendary Super Saiyan's" potential as anything but annoying, IMO), a killer absorbing Blob, unique cast of "heroes" who rarely if ever get to shine, a Battle Royale, human greed, extortion (of sorts, 18's repeated upping of price), and original finish to a film's villain (i.e., no ki beams or willfully spontaneous bursts of super-power here.) For me, each of these factors in to what I find to be the most underrated (quite literally, as per IMDb score) DBZ film. This has been my short review: feel free to stop here (if anyone reads this at all) as the rest is just more in-depth and my inability to stop/love for writing.

This is certainly one strange beast within the DBZ films, and only one of two movies I hadn't seen for some reason (Bojack being the other). Interestingly I found all the reviews relevant as it's apparent personal opinion plays a large factor. The film seems shorter than most, but I found this to work to it's advantage (short n' sweet as they say). The film largely removes Broli's demeanor or personality, but he never really had one to begin with. He's never really been entirely there to say the least, and really just relegates to pure, unintelligible evil/brute force. At least here he is treated with such, with literally one line of "Kakarot" as he dies - much better than the hundred fold repetitions of such incurred during his "Second Coming." I can see how this film would rank low among hardcore Broli fans, as has been said, but I admittedly am not. I enjoyed the first film, but it was over-hyped for me, even at the time of its release (the only DVD I actually bought, due to Broli's hype-in at the time), but "Second Coming" is my least favorite of the DBZ films (though I enjoyed the Goku/Gohan/Goten combo finale, which was much better than Goku's sudden ability to KO the UNTOUCHABLE Broli in his first film).

This film is an amalgamation of World's Strongest (Biowarriors/mad science), the Blob (or The Raft, if you'd rather), and the Broli films, all thrown into the World Games era of DBZ. It is the only DBZ film to feature a recurring villain for round 3. It is one of the few DBZ films to not end with the not lame in itself, but lame in severe repetition, "get tremendous power/energy from out of nowhere and utterly destroy villain bit" And it sports one of, if not the most unique cast of leads/characters, giving hitherto unacknowledged/under(improperly) used characters a time to shine/do something. Krillin actually does something other than a)charge villain in straight line, b) get smacked by said villain, and c)lament "Why does this only happen to me?" Even Mr. Satan does something, and with Android 18 (so refreshing to see her), his usual annoyance is undercut because she's about the only character who openly defies his B.S about being World Champ.

My favorite "Broli" film, and one of my favorite DBZ movies (ranking up there with Return of Cooler, Battle of Gods, World's Strongest, and Fusion Reborn). 9/10 on a DBZ movie scale, FOR ME.