User Reviews (30)

• This made for the small screen movie in the disaster genre may have been full of questionable scientific facts but accepting things as you were given them, then the acting and general tempo were okay. There are some movies where it is best not to ask too many questions just sit back and be entertained - this was one of them. The lack of big star cast did not seem to detract from the effect and though clearly shot on a small budget (the snowflakes were so fake!) it was reasonable nonetheless.

A group of miscellaneous stereotypes, the white macho law enforcer, the black criminal with the chip on his shoulder who's not so bad once you get to know him, the mad professor who's not likable at all, the ex and the new lover with the new boyfriend. Plenty scope for character development, though much of it was predictable. As a huge freeze-up almost in no time seems to plunge Los Angeles into Arctic frigidity people seem to die frozen at the wheels of their cars or anywhere else as if completely unexpected. Our super-heros seem to be able to move around with relatively little extra clothing only the occasional leg wrapping or blanket as a token towards the predicament.

The general "plot" is that a rescue ship is being sent to pick up our disagreeable scientist and our group seem to think this is the best option they have of escaping from the freeze-up so a purpose and direction is created, however thin and questionable it may seem. We seem to accept much science fiction which is far more questionable, take the Star Wars nonsense for example, yet here we have a plausible scenario. The sun could throw a wobbly and the effects on our planet could be life-threatening, I have no problem with the subject matter. I would not buy the DVD however but have seen a lot worse than ICE.
  • I recently saw ICE on the Sci-Fi channel and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. The writing is superb. The characters are unique and believable within the science-fiction disaster context of the rapid cooling of the atmosphere.

Several scenes are extremely similar to scenes in THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, in particular the final scene with the president, and using books to fuel the fire. Tiny details are what make a script work, and this one is chock full of them, the interplay between Officer Drake and his ex-wife and current girlfriend, the ex-wife's new husband, Greg, an intellectual who cannot accept the loss of civilization, the various people met along the way as established order breaks down and as the characters fight for one last hope of survival. The scene in which Officer Drake convinces his girlfriend to join the others rather than stay with him (and presumably die) is extremely moving. This film is one of the best character studies in a disaster context I have seen. All the characters are vivid, three-dimensional portrayals, bickering, arguing, conniving, negotiating, being courageous and self-sacrificing, and ultimately depending upon one another for their survival.

My only disappointment with the film is that the producer decided to dub Udo Kier's voice to give his character a more American accent. This is a deep flaw in an otherwise tremendously satisfying film. Udo Kier is a cult-film hero, and his voice, as sibilant and Germanic as it is, is a pleasure to the ear. "Kistler" sounds German enough to justify a German accent, so why the dubbing?
  • Well, after the relative fail of a marketing bluff such as The Day After Tomorrow, I think it is time to concede some merit to this cheap, earlier movie that, in my humble opinion, developed a much more convincing story about a new Ice Age. Just wonder what could have be done with THIS script and The Day After Tomorrow resources? I simply must say that I felt much colder watching at this movie. The loneliness of the characters, some believable fights for the survival... all of this made the characters convincing and the whole story acceptable. Besides, this movie just was interested in COLD, and not in POLITICS. Quite entertaining. I rated it a 7
  • I was actually impressed by this. It's nothing spectacular, of course, but it's better than a lot of stuff in the apocalyptic genre that makes it to the big screen. Well-paced, well-acted (although the characters are slightly annoying), and good FX; you can't ask for much more than that. Plus I found the idea of people in LA faced with an ice age amusing.

My main complaint is that the details of the weather change are abrasively inaccurate. I doubt any Hollywood person actually knows what cold weather is like. I had the same problems with the recent "Alien vs. Predator," where the characters apparently don't need anything more than a light jacket to stay warm and toasty in Antarctica. Here, we have people walking around in negative 60 degree weather without hats or gloves on, and they are perfectly fine (seriously, they'd be dead in five minutes). The thing that irritated me most was when two people came indoors after being outside in the frigid cold, obviously about to die, and yet they are still able to dexterously move their fingers. Give me a break. At that point they wouldn't even HAVE fingers.

Well, personal complaints aside, it's not a bad film, and I suppose it is a notable addition to the mediocre natural disaster genre.

6/10 stars.
  • The big surprise? This is the very first "made-for-cable" movie I have ever watched start-to-finish. Granted, there wasn't much else on the other 130 channels this particular evening, but these SciFi Channel productions are generally so tedious that I'm gone before the first commercial break. This turkey DID have a few redeeming features: an attractive (physically) cast; acceptable computer effects; and spritely pacing (for a Cable feature). Yes, I know the plot holes were far too frequent and there were far too many uncalled-for characters, but I'm a sucker for "end of the world" genre and this one was only marginally worse than Armageddon. 2 1/2 stars out of 5 (5 out of 5 stars for a SciFi Potboiler).
  • If not mistaken I think this is a Sci-Fi Network original. A story kind of silly, but provoking. Reality is doubtful. The earth becomes a deep freeze in a modern Ice Age after the sun develops numerous sunspots. Sunny California within two days looks more like the South Pole with frigid temps well below zero. LAPD officer Grant Show with the aid of a petty criminal(Flex Alexander)he recently put in jail leads a small group of people that includes his girlfriend, son, ex-wife and her recent husband to possible safety.

Joined by the scientist(Udo Kier),who discovered this catastrophe, the small group are hopeful to find safety near the Equator region which seems to be as far south as the frigid temps reach. Snow of course is the main scenery and tempts you to grab a blanket. For some reason my favorite scene is when The President(Art Hindle) is prompted to leave D.C., but only after respecting a painting of George Washington crossing the Delaware.

Also appearing are: Eva LaRue, Audie England and Diego Fuentes. Although the story line being quite contrived, ICE none the less is able to hold your interest. Grant Show is still as bland an actor as he was on TV's Melrose Place.
  • I saw Ice on June 12, 2004. Shortly after that I started seeing ads for DAT. I thought maybe DAT was a remake. Was I ever wrong! 'Ice' is much more like a rough draft, and DAT the finished product. I had the pleasure of seeing DAT August 4, 2004. 'Ice' reminds me of the good old days of disaster films, like Poseidon Adventure. Very hokey and extremely low budget! Was PA actually low budget? Who knows? Who cares? It also seemed like 'Ice' had a mixed language cast, so some people were dubbed and some people spoke English. There seems to be some made for SciFi channel/ German connection. Maybe their actors don't charge as much?

Enjoyable to watch if you have really NOTHING better to do! 'Ice' should absolutely be included in any list of disaster movies if you are a disaster fan.
    ***Spoilers!!*** Specific plots points are discussed herein!!

An ice age sneaks up on North America akin to a bad cold front. Our hero is LAPD bad boy Robert Drake, played by Grant Show of `Melrose Place' fame. Grant Show's IMDB bio starts off `Never really considered acting a profession.' Really? The writing is along the same lines as the acting. There is this racial tension between this cop and Kelvin the black guy that has clearly been written by middle class dudes as white as the snow. Speaking of race, the Hispanic sidekick of our LAPD hero is named Zapata. What, that's like the only Mexican name they could come up with? Viva Zapata! Or not in this case since the mysterious Dr. Kistler shows up and shoots Zapata 10 minutes into the film. So we got t he black dude ex- con and a dead Mexican cop sidekick named Zapata so we are pretty much covered on racial diversity thing in LA right? Lets move on.

Dr. Kistler must be uber important since a submarine is all preset to come take him to someplace warmer. So important that he drives a 1978 Volvo and has three sheets of paper in his brief case. It's an email print out that says meet the submarine in Malibu and a color Xerox of the earth and that days shooting schedule. They had $3.00 for props I guess.

Not as lucky as the good doctor, the President is back at the White House standing in front of a picture of Washington crossing the Delaware. An aid says they have to leave DC now or they will die if they stay in the capital so the president waxes on about Washington's surprise Christmas Eve attack of the British. What does this have to do with this story? Nothing, other than it was cold then too apparently. Speaking of cold, are hero Robert Drake wears jeans, tennis shoes and a leather jacket. Clearly he's an LA native, but c'mon.

Dr. Kistler, the cop with his son, girlfriend, ex-wife, her husband and ex-con Kelvin track across LA to meet up with the sub. Thankfully the LAPD has this giant snow mobile tracker although it doesn't run very well. There is this side story where they pull the broken down snow tracker into a bank and meet this rich couple. A rich couple in the bank. Get it? The rich guy tells this story about his father who donated money to a hospital and had a wing named after him, but when they went there during this freak cold so the wife could have a baby the hospital turns them away due to lack of space. The rich guy is glad that his money wasn't wasted on such philanthropic pursuits and that it is here, in cash, at the bank so they can make a fire with it. This is symbolic for something I'm sure. Don't donate your money to good causes or screenplay writing classes maybe? Oh god, the frostbite is entering my brain.

Eventually our band of Angelinos makes it to the sub prescheduled to pick up Dr. Kistler in Malibu. Dr. Kistler was killed a couple scenes ago, so someone else pretends to be him. Who notices right? 'I left my driver's license back at the lab with my briefcase with three sheets of paper in it.' This doctor is so important the sub is here for him but no one knows who he is or what he looks like. `I'm doctor so and so,' someone else from the group says and that's that.

Once they scam their way onto the sub, they have to convince the captain to allow them to go back and pick up our main hero Robert Drake who got shot in the leg a mile back. There is a emotional scene, `we aren't leaving without this boys father blah, blah, blah.' Without reflecting on the hundreds of millions of Americans already turned in popsicles, the captain says OK, you can have the snowmobiles for...whatever cliché .45 minutes, and then we are leaving with or without you. The sub is waiting 45 minutes surfaced to see if the get any new instructions. Like what, go pick up Dr. Kevorkian next? We already found previously in the film there is no government or chain of command so who they waiting to hear from is beside the point because you're thinking too much kind viewer. 45 minutes, then they are leaving -GOT IT! Hurry! Hurry! Oh dear sweet Lord, please don't leave our hero Robert Drake die with that copy of Dante's Inferno in the broken down snow tracker. Get this- Dante's Inferno -cuz hell can not only be hot, but also really cold and icy LIKE IN THIS MOVIE! Do you get it? Should I explain it again?

Do they make it back to the sub in time? Who cares? The most memorable line is from Dr. Kistler in the bank scene, `But I need another blanket, I'm cold!' Me too doc, I've just flat lined from watching this silly mess.
  • I honestly don't understand the poor ratings and harsh criticism this film has received, for I enjoyed it immensely. As a matter of fact I think ICE is better than the big budget "meteor"-films that were made in the nineties. In a pleasantly predictable way, the straightforward plot captures the struggle of the survivors in a frozen world. I did find it a bit too concise... but great fun nonetheless!
  • masterjk226 December 2005
    Although a precursor to The Day After, this movie had little to recommend it. The plot is on thin ice and the cast is continually falling through that thin veneer of that verisimilitude. The premise is that the sun has a major outbreak of sunspots and the earth goes cold. OK, let's accept that. But it seems like only one scientist thinks that's a big deal. Why? Unlike The Day After, when what is happening is quite complex and the results of rising ice melt, which causes falling salinity levels which causes a change in oceanic currents is much more theoretical and opaque...thus it is not "known" what will happen. In this movie only one thing happens, increased sun spot activity. That's pretty easy to spot and analyze. More than one scientist would be clamoring for recognition. So, if you remove the "need" for this one scientist, the plot melts altogether. But for the sake of argument, you say that you just must have Dr. Kistler, might you not send troops to get him as opposed to telling him to drive (an impossible task) to point XYZ where he will be picked up? There is just nothing about this plot that makes any sense.

The special effects were not very special and the science was unscientific. You can't just huddle around a fireplace with temps of -50, wind blowing into your house through broken glass windows and survive. You can't wander around in a leather jacket in the same weather (and stay alive.) You'll never get a CAT designed for LA to function in -50 temps. Oh, there are too many flaws to list.

As for the collapse of social order, I don't doubt that it might not happen, but not the way this picture depicts it.

There was a point to The Day After. The point was that we are not handling our home planet well and that we don't even try to, or at least those currently in power don't try to. That's accurate.

This movie's point, if it had one, is that govt. is slow to respond to imminent disaster. No kidding.
  • I saw this on television when it came out and have seen it a couple of times since then. Sort of a Day After Tomorrow predecessor, with elements from Damnation Alley. It takes a little while to get going, but once it does it's grand entertainment. For younger viewers, who no doubt have been numbed by all these climate change disaster type movies, ICE may not seem like anything special (and admittedly it is no Deadly Harvest w/Clint Walker!!!) but it is special to at least some of us less refined movie critics and it will always hold a special place among Earth-to-ice-age movies.
  • I loved this movie. It was original and very thought out, the plot was great and the actors were brilliant. The movies that are coming out about the same are not the same. This is a one of a kind and I am trying to find a replacement so that I can buy it. I can watch this movie non stop repeatedly. There is thought into it and even though the feelings of the actors to each other may be different, that is what makes the movie better. In the end, it is all that matters is that family is family and they stuck together through thick and thin and made it all together. It just goes to show what people would really do and could do to survive and to help and save their family even if it is not blood family. They stuck it out and saved each other. That is the best part. The movie was well though and the actors were well picked for their part and this is one of my all time favorite movies. If anyone can find it, please let me know.
  • tetsab3 April 2001
    Ropey science, unsympathetic characters, and a virtually complete lack of credibility.

Yup, I didn't like this!!

The science -- it all seemed to happen awfully quickly: it was as if no-one had noticed a build-up of sunspots, and as for the speed with which the climate changed....!

The characters -- quite frankly, I'd have liked to bury them all in a snowdrift. The alleged hero seemed to belong to that strain of LAPD members whom Rodney King encountered some years ago; a racist bully. And the others were little more than cardboard cutouts.

Sorry, I can't go on......
  • Not too bad for a time killing flick... The FX were really cool (no pun intended! PROMISE!!!), but one has to wonder-what on earth happened to the "global warming" the liberal-ecoterrorist wackos 'promised' us?!?! Watching this flick made me want to run out and run my lawn mower, drive my truck more-in a gas guzzling low gear, and buy cattle to 'flatulate' for our very survival!!! OK, I have to have ten lines... The acting wasn't over the top-it was blah. The criminal coming to the rescue of the cop at the end was refreshing but not too believable. The Current/Ex thing was just too unbelievable, let's face it; in the real world there woulda been a fight sooner or later! The full of himself scientist getting whacked right before the rescue was good-who likes a scientist so full of himself?!?! Like I said, not too bad for a flick to kill time.
    The acting was weak and 2d. The "science" that supports the plot is pathetic. Laughable bad in parts - like the gun fight scene, and soldiers in helmets getting disable by hail (not even big hail). Oh and exposed skin in -50 and no issues. Very spacious submarine, gotta love Hollywood submarines.
  • Long before day After Tomorrow, there was ice in Los Angeles and the rest of the world. A group of intrepid Angelinos, including Audie England (Julie), made the trek to find a ship hoping to escape the cold.

Little did they know that the evil Dr. Kistler (Udo Kier) lied and the ship was only coming for him. Life does have a way of balancing things, and, with Julie's ex (Grant Show) leading the group, they manage to reach the pick-up point.

Will a ship arrive? Will Audie be saved from freezing? You have to tune in to find out.
  • After a natural disaster, the Northern Hemisphere enters a new ice age with temperatures as low as 70 below zero. Society in the US breaks down, and the only place with decent temperatures is the Equator, but it is almost impossible to get there.

This story sounds somewhat promising, I always found those apocalyptic movies kind of fascinating, but the execution of this one is horrible. The story doesn't make sense, something about a group of people from Los Angeles getting a ride on a submarine to the Equator. The movie is full of confusing and ill-placed side stories.

The acting is bad, but the director and the story is partly to blame. None of the characters are likeable, not even the heroes. The only positive thing about the movie is consistently creepy Udo Kier who adds a little ambiguity to this rather silly movie.
    A predictable plot, laughable special effects, very questionable science and no discernible acting make for a very unenjoyable experience. How this rates as a 5.1 defies belief.

A solitary scientist, Dr Kistler, (yep it's one of those movies), is the only one on Earth who's apparently able to piece together all the signs and and predict that unless we evacuate the northern hemisphere and make long term preparations along the equator, most of the world is doomed. Naturally there's a handful of his colleagues who thinks he's nuts but he manages to convince the president to follow his lead and Guam is the location chosen to relocate the U.S government and key personnel. God only knows what every other scientist in pretty much every other country is doing with this same info, (not collaborating apparently), but why let any kind of reality get in the way of the mediocre drama unfolding in front of us?

We start with the sun getting an increase in sun spots, and the pseudo science says that a darker sun means a colder Earth and in literally a day, we go from scorching hot days in L.A, to being snowed in and people freezing to death. Even for science fiction, that's some incredibly fast weather. We do get approximately 5 seconds of footage on a news broadcast showing Paris, Rome and London being in blizzard conditions, so the cursory acknowledgement of a world outside the U.S is refreshing.

Meanwhile we have a motley collection of secondary stories featuring an assortment of argumentative deadbeats that all eventually intertwine as they make their way to the coast in a snowcat where Dr Kistler is expecting to be picked up by military ship and taken to Guam. He lies to his travelling companions about them being able to accompany him aboard ship when in reality it's only for him, but when he's killed, it's basically rendered moot.

Among our rag-tag bunch of forgettable idiots, is LAPD officer Drake, his girlfriend, the ex-wife, her new lover Greg and son Max. Joining the group is petty criminal, Kelvin, that drake arrested and then released when the city was largely abandoned. Most of them end up making it to the now frozen coast where it's a submarine that eventually turns up to transport them to warmer waters.

The whole movie from start to finish is just a ridiculous haphazard mess that generally makes no sense, follows no real plot and has no redeemable qualities. Even if we were to abandon the fact that a sudden second ice age lasting 10-30 years is a distinct impossibility, the actions of nearly all concerned simply have no credibility. When Drake turns up at his ex's for his son, they initially decide to stay in their house as it's comfortable. They never think about what happens when the food runs out, the power goes off or if the house is buried under tons of snow. It's supposed to be 80-100 Fahrenheit below zero in the Northern States, Canada too I expect, and the south is expected anywhere at 10-20 below, which isn't an automatic death sentence if you dress properly and that brings me to a sore point in most of this debacle. Several people are outside for extended periods of time and they have no protective headgear, no scarves, no goggles and they're perfectly fine. One woman they come across is wearing a summer hat for Gods-sake. At some point our troupe ends up at the California Mutual Bank for repairs to the snowcat and some rest. They start a fire, burn wads of cash for warmth and find there's a couple already there trying to stay out of the cold. The man says that they'd been there for hours and it never occurred to them to burn the money. Are you kidding me?! These people are in a building full of wooden furniture. As they're all sitting around the money fire, they are literally resting against large wooden tables and it's the money that they burn? FFS, firstly wads of paper don't provide long term heat in sub-freezing conditions, secondly they'd all be suffocating on ash with a paper bonfire in an enclosed room. Whomever writes this crap has never been cold, lit a fire or been camping in their life. Burn desks, shelves, drawers, fittings, anything to keep yourselves alive and warm. The money could be used as padding in their clothes.

It's this type of stupidity, plus the constant energy zapping racial bickering between alleged racist Drake and self-righteous felon Kelvin that stopped this from being entertaining in any way. In a final act of annoyance when Drake is shot and left behind in the defunct snowcat, Kelvin and Greg leave the submarine, in defiance of captains orders, to rescue him and he allows it! I'm sorry but I can't accept that a military captain would not only let people leave but also wait around for their return for the sake of one man. Honestly if you give this nonsense of a disaster movie a wide berth, you'll be doing yourselves a huge favour.
    'Ice', although sometimes falling into silly action flick clichés, often surprised me and left me feeling that behind all the petty arguments and pointless bullet-fests was some real in-depth insight and intelligence often neglected by such films. Nonetheless, Ice serves the post-apocalyptic genre well, at least on a character-driven front. During the first act of the movie I found myself often wondering where all the people had gone to, what the government was doing, how all this really came to be and everything else large in scope. However as the film continued I realised Ice wasn't a film made to chronicle how mankind as an entire unit would survive such a natural disaster. Ice wants to show how it could affect people individually and how it would make us question our once so importantly and seriously taken tasks. Tasks that we carry out each day which are so often miles away from what we would need to carry out our most basic instinct which is to survive. It is scenes usually -sometimes too often- built around the burning of possessions in order to heat the group that tackles these themes and helps redeem the film on an intellectual level.

From a technical standpoint, Ice was clearly under-produced- ridden with few good (although the majority were decent) performances from the cast, mediocre effects (although some did impress me), and an overall quality that screamed TV-Movie! Nevertheless, it's the script and the sometimes effective direction that saves Ice from being crushed under such problems. Ice was going to get an 8 from me, right up until the last 5 minutes. Sadly however, the ending let the film down: as was a problem at a few important moments, the story was too neglectful of the bigger picture, lacking scope and perspective and so the eventual climax to the film seemed underwhelming. Overall however, the film surprisingly entertained me throughout and was a lot better than I had anticipated.
  • tm-spek30 July 2005
    This movie is beyond comment. So, i don't waste my time anymore. Neither should you, don't watch it. You will be sorry. Someday it will appear on TV or you'll get it gift rapped as a present, just like me. Of course you are a bit curious. You never heard of this title.

There is a good reason for that. Nobody in their right mind, will tell you about it when they watched the movie. Nor shall you, believe me.

Maybe there should be a law against these kind of films. I am dutch, so I live in the most free country in the whole world (Yes, including the USA). But still this movie makes me doubt if there shouldn't be some censorship to protect innocent watchers.
  • nilslaike3 February 2002
    This movie, Ice, is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is very exciting. The movie is also realistic, you may not think so, but it is. There are some scientists, they mean that the ice age is coming and that SOON. If you think of that when you see the movie you will be a little scared. The actors are also very good, I think. The special effects are good to. The snow is everywhere in Los Angeles, and in Hollywood, and in London, and in Rome, it seems to me that it is real snow, it is very much snow. And I am living in Sweden, so I know what I am speaking of, here is very cold and often snow.

See this movie, you will not be disappointed, I promise.
  • Just watched this movie straight after "the day after tomorrow" and expected a low budget copy.

However, what was served up was a wonderfully written story of survival.

The Earth overnight drops into an Ice age and a cop,his girlfriend, his son, his ex-wife her new partner and some others try to reach safety.

Not everyone is nice or honourable and only a passing interest is made in government or science.

If you want special effects this is not the movie for you. This is a story about people without overdoing the Hollywood sugar.

Similar in some way to "Ice cold in Alex" though I only gave it 8.
  • I was astounded by how crass this film was. In addition to the criticisms that have already made, the scene that stood out to me was our hero's immediate reaction as the earth plunged into a new ice age. Instead of cold weather gear, emergency food, the items that you may think would be needed - he loads up with WEAPONS!!!

Yes, clearly when folks are freezing to death all around you, the best solution is to prepare to shoot people. When they are attacked shortly after this, there is no logic to it. This film is morally bankrupt, ludicrous and unrealistic. Go to see The Day After Tomorrow, and let it sink deservedly into oblivion.
  • I saw this movie quite recently and was pleasantly surprised. At first I thought it was a day after tomorrow rip off especially when the doctor was asked when he had to meet the boat and he said "The day after tomorrow". However when I looked at the year that this film was made I realised that it was ICE that came before DAT. The story was believable and the actors credible, the only thing that made me smile was when the soldiers started firing at our heroes. In theory trained soldiers should have dropped our heroes in seconds but hey they missed. Mind you this happens in most shoot em ups. having said that our hero did get winged or should I say legged and then came the bit when he told his girlfriend that he didn't love her so she'd leave him behind I found that scene quite touching. All in all a good movie the special effects were not to Hollywood standards but they were good and believable. I would certainly watch this movie again and would not be disappointed if someone give it to me as a present.
  • Theo Robertson23 August 2002
    !!!! CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILERS !!!!!!

Though I`m not much of a SF fan I really like the speculative fiction genre where an ecological disaster befalls humanity , a great example being John Christopher`s haunting 1956 novel THE DEATH OF GRASS which was turned into the 1970 film NO BLADE OF GRASS . ICE however isn`t up to much. The idea of solar flares causing a new ice age to envelope the northern hemisphere just doesn`t ring true . Neither does the fact that the captain of the Submarine works out that Doctor Kesseler`s group are not who they say they are but still allows them on his ship . Obviously the screenwriter doesn`t understand this type of survivalist genre where human nature descends into its most primitive and barbaric. Despite being an extremely unpleasant film THE CRAZIES manages to convey the horror of killing in order to survive life threatening circumstances as does NO BLADE OF GRASS . Here ICE ends on they all lived happily ever after as the survivors sail on the sub to a new life in a warmer climate where no doubt the natives will welcome them with open arms . Seeing as this TVM has the feel of a pilot I`m glad it didn`t get commisioned as a series