| A great video collection by one of the best video makers
This title should only be heard and seen on a DVD player and a 5.1 doby digital sound system. The music just engulfs you. I love to get up and try and dance like MJ.
The opening sequence "brace Yourself" is just an ego booster if you ask me. Now the videos.
1. "Billie Jean" is a good song with an okay video 7/10.
2. "The way You Make me Feel" (extended version) is a great song with a good video showing some of MJ's moves. If you have 5.1 system then you hear background voices in the begining and background singers throughout the songs. This really rocks 12/10.
3. "Black or White" (complete version) is just as good for the reason's stated in #2. I still don't get what the fuss was about the cougar/dance scene at the end. He was making a political statement not everyone agreed with. 12/10.
4. "Rock with YOU" is the humour break after the intense "black or white" video. It is MJ's first solo video release. The song is good enough but to see MJ in that glitter outfit in front of those lights is just funny. 8/10.
5. "Bad" (short film version) I never seen this version previously and it shows a side of MJ I didn't know he had (the actor). It is a dark "film" and I am not refering to black and white presentation of it, about the choice a young black male makes between his friends who do bad things or persuing a better life through school. The thing is that it gets interupted by a music video that is okay (the scene gets all colorful for this section). "film" 8/10 has possibilities if expanded video 6/10 Mj seems to rehashing some moves and too many dancers and the annoying musicless part of "your bad" at the end scene is bad for my taste. overall 7/10.
6. "thriller" the best music video ever made. This is also a mini-film. This has it all MJ acting/dancing/singer at his best 15/10.
7. "Beat It" this is a great song with a good video. More good dancing by MJ in this 9/10.
8."Remember the Time" is another "fun" video which some of MJ's friends get cameo parts in. This video has some very nice f/x in it. NOt much of MJ dancing in this one and again too much of a group dance in the main number for my taste. The "comedy" points are weak song okay 6/10.
9. "don't stop Till You get Enough" another video from early in MJ's solo career. Good song and interesting video of MJ showcasing some 1980's "hi-end" f/x and his dancing 10/10
10. "Heal the World" MJ attempt at world harmony through song. Some sad child suffering scenes to start video with. Than it gets "wishful thinking" like with scenes of children running to soldiers to make them drop their weapons. The song is good but the video could have been done better to showcase the message. A better song with a similar message is "Man in the Mirror". 8/10.
Overall 95/100 with some very good ones #2, #3 and #6 and some okay ones #1, #4, #5 and #8 and some good ones #7 and #9. THis DVD is high reccommended for allyou MJ fans so just put it in and enough the arts that MJ is.