Profion, a tyrant, attempts to overthrow a peaceful kingdom ruled by a tough empress.Profion, a tyrant, attempts to overthrow a peaceful kingdom ruled by a tough empress.Profion, a tyrant, attempts to overthrow a peaceful kingdom ruled by a tough empress.
I could write for hours about what's wrong with this movie, but this is what comes to mind immediately
(1) The horrible acting. I honestly can't understand why someone so talented as Jeremy Irons would be going so over the top. It's clear, however, that he isn't enjoying himself in the movie, so maybe he's getting revenge against the movie by acting so terribly
The most annoying performance goes to Marlon Wayans. His shrieking, cowardly character uncomfortably brings up images of stereotypes from the 1930s. At least he doesn't say "Feet, do your stuff!" - though he sure comes close.
(2) The bright, glitterly look of every scene. When you think of sword and sorcery, I think we all think of things rough and with grit. Not here.
(3) The movie constantly rips off from other (better) movies, most notably from the four STAR WARS movies
(4) The characters. Why the hell were the dwarf and elf in this movie? They could easily have been written out without consequence. And the main thief hero is one of the blandest heroes I've ever seen in the movie.
(5) Virtually all the special effects, sets etc. are AWFUL. Sometimes they look even worse than those seen on the Xena and Hercules shows! (Though those two shows at least have the excuse of having lower budgets - and they make up for the cheap effects by having better scripts, characters, and acting!)
(6) And speaking of scripts...thos script is terrible! Mainly it's because the story itself hardly makes any sense!
- Jun 16, 2001