We know something will happen between them; we know she is difficult to please; we know she will change before the journey and the film ends.
Along the way, we notice many things:
- Cameo by un-credited Karl Malden as Corporate Vice President
- "The cell-phone can find us" scene from 6 days 7 nights, repeated in a highway setting.
- The highway breakdown scene from Steve Martin's "Planes, Trains, Automobiles" remade.
- Challen Kates, although she has not done many movies so far, is a very energetic player as well as being very cute (we can't say anything else about her real character, can we?). Why doesn't she do more films?
- One would think that to get money, all she needs to do is drive to an ATM so why doesn't she? And do all cabbies give this MUCH credit to clients?
- Although there is plenty of scope to further extend the two main characters, the author doesn't. That's just too bad.
All in all a nice film.....