22 August 2006 | winner55
competent at best
ej's kung-fu capsule review for films of the chop-socky old-school -
1. basic plot type - historical; clan vs. clan; revenge; some weapons; some magic 'fu; some political intrigue; broken-hearted romance.
2. plot construction - poor; confused and listless.
3. dramatic - tries to be.
4. funny - not at all.
5. dialog - poor.
6. cast performance - just so-so.
7. crew performance - competent at best.
8. amount of fighting - lots.
9. quality of fighting - good.
10. any special cast or crew notes - none.
11. big positive - good fights.
12. big negative - two annoying child-actors.
bottom-line - who should see this movie - only a kung-fu cultist with a Saturday afternoon to waste.