User Reviews (5)

• Paul-3081 April 2005
    You could see the final outcome from a mile away.All the signs were there....the prom,the liquor,the fast ride,the distraction of the females.... A good commercial for seatbelt usage,and later model vehicles that sit the passengers further back from the windshield.Also,the ending is rather anti climatic,as the Ford Econoline van barely suffers a crease across its nose after hitting a bridge abuttment at high speed (highly unlikely).More damage to the van would have made it a little more believable.And why do these films always take place during/after a prom? Is it a case of once you survive the prom,you will be good for life? More than anything else,it shows the lack of policing the prom for liquor,and not keeping tabs on the MINORs who are leaving the dance for a joyride.
  • This was done like an after school special but the message still remains fresh even when I saw it at just 10 years of age. The story follows the scenario of teenagers drinking and driving on prom night. The lead girl is a good kid but is thrown into the situation by peer pressure and wanting to fit in. Of course, this leads to tragic results and a final scene that uses silence in a powerful way to emphasize the finality of death. Unfortunately, this scenario has played out many times in real life. Many kids may think twice after watching this film.
  • I am a retired broadcaster. My first gig out of college, in the summer of 79 was at a southern Illinois radio station. It was owned by Gene Mcpherson. He was a successful Cincinatti newscaster and documentary film maker and he had purchased this Olney, Ill.station and actually lived on the premises. I was his evening DJ, and he asked me to record what you hear when the ill fated teens turn the radio on. I believe I likely adlibbed the "don't do anything I wouldn't do" portion.I was only 22 at the time, and it took me 40 years before I actually saw this on line and heard my part. I believe Gene paid me $25 for it. Even by 1980 standards, this is a little cheesy, the actors are obviously amateurs, but it does get the point across with good production values. By the way my old boss is the newscaster at the beginning and he narrates throughout.
  • I saw this film when I was 12 and haven't forgotten it. Far too often, we see this horrific scenario played out in real life when kids who have so much to celebrate end their lives through stupidity. This film should be required viewing in schools because it is so graphic. Its enough to make you sick the way they recreate the accident that killed this girl and show her mangled body. The make up effects and frightning.
    I saw this when i was 14, in 1970 and the "death" car was a 1959 Chevrolet Impala and the story was told what happens when kids get drinking and driving fast and Prom Night becomes a tragic event. And 28 years later the same story is done however the "death car" is now a Ford Enconline Van for the death car the same damage is similar to the damage of the 1959 Impala Convertible. The story is the same but there are different actors and what happens when you drink and drive fast. It holds a good message. But My ideal of Prom Night is pool date for two. However in 1974 in my senior year I went to a prom at my local school as an observer & did pose with girl for the photo session & I was dressed to the 9s for the photo. It seems people like Prom Events gone bad. There is "Carrie" and there is "Prom Night I thru IV" to name examples. But Prom Night ala Esther Williams is my kind of Prom Night to Remember.