• Super Mario Bros. (1985) on NES was amazing. Endless excitement through challenging levels and cool music to keep you up and going. The next two sequels were great as well, but it was in 1991 when Super NES gave the opportunity to game designers to take full advantage of better sound and graphics. Super Mario World was one of those games! Super Mario World has outstanding graphics, sound and control in the game play. Much more enemies and traps were added to this game keeping the same world concept of Super Mario Bros. 3, where you are allowed to complete levels in each world and go back. This powerful release on Super Nintendo quickly sold millions as fans had never experienced such a powerful, action-packed Mario game in history.

Introducing, Yoshi. Yep, a green dinosaur who is Mario and Luigi's friend- feed him berries to get bonuses, use him to cast enemies out your way and use Yoshi to walk through hard to reach areas. Alternatively, there are other color Yoshis that do different things than the green Yohsi.

Overall- Super Mario World is great and still holds it's trophies to this day.

Music- Very calming, jazz with a twist of calypso and a dash of salsa. Koji Kondo made wonders in the music of Super Mario World.

Graphics- Excellent background design, character details and smooth motion. All colors are well put in this game.

Sound- No more harsh synthesized lead sounds when jumping or skidding. Super Nintendo allowed quality rendition of sounds, hence, bringing more excitement to what you hear while playing.

Controls- Very convenient and responsive on the call. The two top buttons on the Super NES allow convenient left and right scrolling in the level, allowing you to see what's ahead. Pressing the select button on pause takes you out the level, as a lifesaver. One new feature added to the Mario game.

I love Super Mario World. I will love it forever, and ever. I'll be playing it even when I have great grandchildren.
  • Super Mario World for the Super NES is one of the greatest games of all-time. The graphics, for its time, are very good, and the game is extremely fun. This is the first appearance of Yoshi, the green dinosaur that Mario rides on throughout the game. There are many hidden secrets in this game, and the replay value is great just because there are so many secrets and the game is so fun. This game is pretty easy at first, but then gets pretty hard later in the game because there are like, 99 freaking' levels in it. This is one of the greatest platform games of all-time, and if you don't own a Super Nintendo, you can get the remake of it on GBA or you can download it to your Wii. 10/10.
  • Each Mario is an experiment from the other, whether good or bad. It is always "Save-The-Princess-From-Bowser" in every game but the hook of each one is that the mechanics are different.

This time, You go through colorful levels with a big cape and Mario's dinosaur friend Yoshi is introduced to help Mario on his quest. He eats enemies, but he gets a different effect depending on the Koopa shell he eats. He eats a green shell and nothing happens except you roll it back. Eat a yellow shell he kills all ground enemies near him when he stomps on the ground. Eat a red shell and Yoshi shoots fireballs at enemies. Eat a blue shell and he flies in the sky.

To top that off, once you go to Star World, you will be introduced to Multi-Colored Yoshis. The Yellow Yoshis stomp groups of enemies if you eat any shell. The Red Yoshis shoot fireballs if he eats any shell. The Blue Yoshis (my favorite) fly using any shells.

Also, this game is the biggest and longest of all the Mario Games. There are big secrets that lead to different levels and switches (where you flip a switch of a color and blocks of that color appear, occasionally leading to another secret level). The secret system in this game is the hook of this game. You must defeat all of the levels and find the secrets to unlock a different version of the game (where the Koopas have big heads and Piranha Plants are pumpkin heads). Some secrets are easy while others are a bit hard. You also have to determine whether you will approach Bowser through the Front Door or the Back Door. Either way, you will throw wind-up Bowser dolls at Bowser flying in a clown copter.

The game is bigger than the games before it. The flight mechanics are more refined than in Super Mario Bros. 3. There are secrets. Yoshi is introduced.

This game gets a 10 out of 10.

PS: If you think that this game is very difficult, you ain't seen nothing' until you play Super Mario Bros. 3, which has a crooked save system, cheap enemies, big obstacles, and a bit of a bleak tone compared to the others.

Also, get the Game Boy version of Super Mario World. It has better graphics, sound, and a guide of what levels you completed (handy for finding out where secrets are).
  • This game has really complicated and good way to save the princess.

In the other Super Mario games you are just playing the game and when you finish the level game sends you to the next level automatically. But in this game you will find the ways. That way may longer than the other ways. With ghost levels, the flying cape and Yoshi this game is better than any Super Mario game.
  • Rated E.

Super Mario World is another game in the Mario series.It started out with Donkey Kong in 1981 which was the first appearance of Mario and Donkey Kong.It then went on in 1982 with the games Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Jr(where Mario was the villain) then finally it was in 1985 when Mario became famous with Super Mario Bros.Two sequels were released after that.The after Super Mario Bros 3 came Super Mario world which could be the fourth game in the series.Today Mario and all the characters in the series are very famous.I played Super Mario World as one of the three games in the Marine Land arcade in Ontario.The other two were The Simpsons and Guardians Of The Hood.Super Mario World is a very fun game.This game introduces Yoshi.The gameplay is pretty much the same as the other three games besides Yoshi but who cares? Super Mario World is a very fun game and I recommend it.

• I've played this game more times than I can count and it just gets better and better. There's really not much to say; Bowser has gotten his reptile hands on Princess Peach once again and it's up to Mario to save the day. Yoshi also turns up as do a whole bunch of Yoshi eggs and unbelievably cute Yoshi babies. On his quest Mario must battle 8 bosses and destroy their castles. There are also hidden levels which can only be found through thorough searches in the other levels. Endlessly re-playable, fun and more addictive than heroine (without being nearly as dangerous... I think *twitches*), Super Mario World is a great game with a goofy sense of humour and very cute, colourful visuals. It is very user friendly and not all that complicated, and a great way to spend a couple of hours a rainy Sunday.
  • Super Mario Bros. is one of the most famous video games of all time! The characters, the jumping, the power-ups, and the sure thrill of adventure makes this entire series a fun non-stop playing time! Below is a brief look how I think the game is!

Game Play: The game play is very good. There is really basic controls here and is easy to perform. Novice gamers should have a good time here!

Graphics: The graphics are wonderful. The backgrounds are really beautiful!

Difficulty: The game is easy but as it goes on you''s find out that it will become more difficult!

Music: The music is great! Just fantastic catchy tunes through out the game! In My opinion its some of the best music ever in a video game!

Sound: The sound is great. Nuff said!

Overall: I have always loved Super Mario Brothers! If you like excellent adventure games then I strongly recommend you play this game!

To purchase this video game check out Amazon.com!
  • Super Mario World is the best game ever made for the Super Nintendo system. The game play is good and the graphics are an improvement over the original Nintendo games. It combines old and new powers for Mario and Luigi. The mushroom and fire flower are back. The new ones include the feather which give you the cape and a balloon which makes you large and able to float up. There is also a new character, Yoshi! So, this game is pretty good and worth playing.
  • THE BEST SAGA GAME! Beatiful graphics, good levels, but too hard levels
    Considered one of the greatest video games of all time, Super Mario World is a great game that adds more to the Mario series such as Yoshi and the cape feather. The former is a great addition, he really help traversing through the levels much easier. I like how whenever you ride him or his friends you can hear bongos added to the music. The story's basically Mario and Luigi having to save Princess Peach from Bowser who's been kidnapped while on vacation. In addition to having to save Peach they also have to save their new friends, the Yoshis. The levels are fun to play. It's fun to see if there're hidden levels hidden in the world. While it can get difficult it's never impossible. The music's catchy though I notice each tune uses the same notes in some way or form. The controls are mostly responsive though they can be stiff at times. The graphics are bright and colorful and they still hold up even to today.

Super Mario World is a great classic both kids and adults will enjoy. If you haven't played it I suggest you check it out and if you still have a Game Boy Advance I suggest you get the Super Mario Advance version. Grab a copy and explore a new world.
  • Super Mario World should be on everybody's favourite game list somewhere, it's just so...super!!! I can still remember when my late sweet grandma got me and my brothers it for Christmas when it first came out, so many years ago now.. It was one of the first games we got for our Snes and right from the introduction screen you could tell it was something special. I was really looking forward to it and it didn't let me down at all, I was in awe of all the cool lovable touches that it had crammed into it, and it seemed such a great leap forward from Super Mario Bros.3, which had been quite the wonder in itself! Me and my oldest bro would scour each level again and again, trying to find all the hidden secrets the game had to offer. It was one of the few times I was frustrated that a game had a time limit included, I was like halfway through a level when I was reminded that I only had a rapidly-reducing hundred seconds to finish!!! It was okay though, I didn't mind playing the levels multiple times anyway. They were all great fun, but I was really partial to the ghost levels, they had really brilliant spooky music to them! There were many fantastic and memorable musical themes that all helped to give each World its own special identity and made it feel that much more complete. I liked when you'd jump on Yoshi's back and the music would gain a little bongo drum playing along with it! The game controlled perfectly, and once you got the cape, if you knew how, which I didn't but my brother did, you could make Mario go on and on through the whole level without landing, there was a knack to it apparently.. This game to me represents Nintendo's glory days and I miss them very much. But as long as I have a functioning Snes and a copy of this I can always be taken back a tiny little bit to a time of the past, a time when worries didn't really matter and when innocent adventure was high, and I'll be just that little bit happier! This game is such gold.
  • SUPER MARIO WORLD, in my opinion, is one of the best Nintendo games I have ever played. Even though I've never owned a Nintendo system or game, I've played this game many times before. To be honest, I enjoy it very much. In addition, even though I've never made it to the last level, I also enjoy the game very much. When and if you can get a Nintendo Wii, this game should definitely be on your list of downloads. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that the people at Nintendo know how to keep video game fanatics entertained. Now, in conclusion, if you're a video game fanatic, this is definitely one you'll want to play and own.
    I play this game at the XSnesX9 emulator for Xbox.The game is extremely cool, with beautiful graphics, many many courses, secret areas, items and many more. Yoshi appears to be your chivalry.Yoou can use the green, the red(It spits fire), the blue(It flies) and the yellow(creates quakes). The sound is cool.The Yoshi Island 3 music is the best.The music even appeared at a course in Super Smash Bros Melee. But nothing is perfect, and this game isn't different.The Multiplayer is like the Single Player, only one player per round, Not so cool.

The Best: More than 40 Courses!!

The Worst: Multiplayer is really a Single Player Mode

Best Yoshi: The blue one
  • I remember when I was 11 and my parents got me a SNES for Christmas. Imagine the glee when I opened it up and found the next chapter in the Mario Bros. series along with it. I played that game for days, and I am not exaggerating in the least. It was so addictive. Some of the new, shoot-em-up, blow everything to smitherines games could learn a great deal from this game and the entire Mario Bros. series.

Game Cube had better put another Mario game out.
  • jerekra26 August 2008
    THis is the best Mario game ever in my opinion. Everything about it is awesome. Getting to use Yoshi, being able to fly using the cape, finding secret levels, and playing through star world to create alternate looks for enemies in the game (I wont give away what they look like). I have played this game since I was seven years old and I still never get sick of it. The music is great and the animation is the best of any Mario game made until this one was.

The only complaint is that Luigi looks more like Mario wearing green rather than Luigi. Whatever.

So by all means play this game. It is one of the best games ever made and easily one of the two best ever made for SNES, the other being Donkey Kong.