On current digital printings and STARZ and HBO airings/streaming platforms, there have been many alterations to the film:
- The 1997 Universal Pictures logo is now zoomed in.
- Both title cards are now shown right before the comets zoom into the light during the opening scene
- The fiery comet which Littlefoot sees at night is now yellow instead of blue (although it remains blue during the song "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond").
- The fiery pit which blows Littlefoot and his friends out of Threehorn Peak and the small boulder they stand on are entirely reanimated
- The pillar of light at the very end is more shiny.
- The late-1990's Universal Television logo is added right before the Universal Cartoon Studios logo (which is mysteriously sourced from The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island (1997), judging from the last second of the end credits music being heard between both logos).