An alternate scene of Sid in the hottub with the ladies shows him saying to them "Let's jump in the gene pool and see what happens." One of the female sloths then kicks him in the groin. This was cut because it was not suitable for children and may have gotten the film a PG-13. Other innuendos with Sid were also cut from the film.
AMC broadcasts slow down the film's speed at 4%, but retain its original audio pitch.
The DVD has several deleted scenes:
- The first scene is Sid waiting for Sylvia the sloth and faking that aardvarks have to pay tolls in order to get past his cave.
- The second scene has Sid and Sylvia talking about a relationship, but Sid doesn't want one. He uses a few passing glyptos to literally push her away from him.
- The sabers talk about their plan for attacking the humans. This scene apparently never even got past the "animation" stage.
- An amusing scene set during Diego, Sid, and Manny's first night with the baby. Sid throws away the baby's diaper saying, "No more fruit for you!"
- Oscar and Zeke, the two smilodons that talk to Diego in the following scene comment about the smell.
- The aforementioned "Sid and the Ladies" scene also appears. Wedge says the reason it was cut was, "It stopped the picture cold and no one made a sound after that scene."
- Another scene immediately followed the "Sid and the Ladies" scene where Sylvia finds Sid after the ladies have kicked him in the crotch. The scene then has Sid feigning death by provoking Diego. Sylvia realizes that he's breathing and tells Diego to eat him. This would have been Sylvia's final appearance in the film. This scene remains in the final version, only with the two rhinos Carl and Frank, who sniff Sid and determine that he is "dead" and stalk off, disappointed.