User Reviews (273)

• I've been wanting to see this film since the trailers started playing many moons ago. I saw the Jody Foster version when it first came out in 1976 and like that one, the 2003 version is an excellent all ages movie. It reminds me of the great flicks Disney use to release all the time during the 60's and 70's so it was no surprise they reached to the vault to redo "Freaky Friday".

Jamie Lee Curtis has her best comedy role since "A Fish Called Wanda". She was having fun with the part and many of the teen mannerisms she did as Annabell were dead on. Curtis is one of the most underrated actors in the world. Just based on her performance "Freaky Friday" was a great ride.

Lindsay Lohan made the movie better with her take on Annabell. I have liked Lohan since "The Parent Trap" and if she decides to stay with acting she might go on as long as Jody Foster has in the business. Lohan has one thing that actors like Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts have and that is an expressive face. Acting is so much better when the actor can add to their part through the expressions in their face and Lindsay can do that.

Watching the movie was a delight for me. I never got the feeling that 35 year old men wrote the script (they didn't) like I do with some of the "teen" movies out today.

The music used by the movie band "Pink Slip" was above average and the other soundtrack music fit the film as well.

Now if they would just do a big budget "Herbie the Love Bug" feature, I would be even more happy.
  • I admit, I was dragged to this movie by my 12-year-old cousin. At first I thought, "Lindsay Lohan? Who's that? And Jamie Lee Curtis? Isn't that the 'scream queen'?" I didn't want to go, but that was that.

Within the first few minutes of the movie, I rolled my eyes. I thought it was just a cliche movie about a mom and a daughter that fight a lot. I was bored. But ten minutes later, the magic began. I found my eyes glued to the massive screen, I found myself "shushing" anyone that interrupted my connection with the two stars. I was hooked, and that was that.

Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis work wonders together. They have wonderful chemistry on screen that make you believe that they have, in fact, switched bodies. Both actresses were brilliant in their roles of switch reversal. Their acting was so real, their expressions so priceless. Awesome, too, was the movie's supporting cast. Enough said. The script was amazingly well written, the directing extraordinary.

To sum it up, this movie was "freakishly good." Pure magic, I tell you.
  • WCBrown16 November 2003
    Look . . . I'm mainly into sci-fi, fantasy, action-thriller, and special effects movies (i.e. Matrix, LOTR, Identity, Star Wars, etc.) and generally try to avoid chic flicks and warm-fuzzy feel-good movies. After watching the current Freaky Friday starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan now I understand why.

See, I'm a guy, and guys don't cry, well, that's what we've been told. On top of that I'm 48 years old so I'd better have my maturity act together. So, what happened? Besides laughing my butt off at the truly funny scenes (my wife and I caught a few stares from other movie-goers), I had to strain every muscle in my body to keep from bawling like a, no, it can't be true .. . girl.

I might have to consult a therapist (Jamie Lee can certainly fill that role anytime) to understand why this movie had such a profound effect on my emotions. Maybe it's because my parents never really understood me (I certainly understand them now) or maybe it's because I have a couple daughters and I've rarely tried to put myself in their shoes. This movie accomplished that for me, big time . . . the ultimate exercise in empathy.

The interaction between mother and daughter was superbly acted and very believable especially with the switched roles. Moreover, the supporting characters, from the little brother, to the fiancé, to the grandfather, to even the detention monitor at the school were also outstanding and made this story a real winner.

I can honestly say that this is in my top 20 favorite movies of all time and I will most certainly buy the DVD when available. I can't believe I've been saying all this about a movie way out of my usual genre but here it is, in writing. Please watch this movie, and then tell me I'm not losing it. Enjoy!
  • jotix10010 August 2003
    This is about the third adaptation of the Mary Rodgers novel. Finally, the team behind this film has gotten it together. It's obvious the original text has been revised in order to include the language of today. But the best thing about the movie is the casting assembled for it, with a sure director's hand behind it.

Actually, this is about the first film that has made me laugh since "Bringing down the house" that came out earlier this year. Most comedies today seem to forget that the basic premise for their existence is to amuse the audiences and entertain them, at the same time.

Mark Waters, the director shows he has a fine sense of how to make things move constantly in this comedy about identity changes. Of course, this film wouldn't be half the fun it is without Jamie Lee Curtis, who has never been as effective in any previous films. Her take on Tess Coleman, the not so cool therapist, strikes the right tone.

Her daughter is played with a lot of conviction by Lindsay Lohan, who is totally believable as the typical teen ager working through the pain of losing a father and getting a replacement she is not too fond of.

Things move at a rapid pace; there is never a dull moment in the film. It's a perfect summer comedy that will leave the viewer satisfied and happy.
  • To make Freaky Friday work perfectly; you would have to believe that Jamie Lee Curtis is Lindsay Lohan and Lindsay Lohan is Jamie Lee Curtis. Although at times it seemed that way, at other times, it just seemed like Lohan was trying to be Curtis and Curtis was trying to be Lohan. Any way you look at it, Freaky Friday is a family-friendly film that tries to please everyone, and does. It pleases shallow teen prep girls because of Chad Michael Murray. It pleases teen boys because of Lindsay Lohan. It pleases older men because of a Jamie Lee Curtis thong shot. It pleases older women because of Mark Harmon. It pleases the whole family, being that they already saw Finding Nemo and it's the only other family movie out there.

Tess Coleman (Jamie Lee Curtis) (changed from Ellen Andrews from the novel by Mary Rodgers) is a harried psychiatrist who still has time for her family. Anna Colemen (Lohan) (changed from Annabel Andrews) is supposed to be a typical teenager (but is anything but), and has daily fights with her younger brother Harry (Ryan Malgarini) (changed from Ben Andrews). Tess is going to marry Ryan (Harmon), because her husband died three years ago (can't there be a Disney movie with both parents still alive?), of whom Anna doesn't approve. After a fueled feud, Tess and Anna open fortune cookies that switch bodies: Tess is in Anna's body, and vice versa. Whatever will be done?

Although most people have praised Curtis for her accurate portrayal of a typical teen (although with the people at my school, what she does is anything but typical), and she should be, Lohan does better at being an adult. If Lohan, a teenager, could be an adult so well, that's rather scary. I thought at most times Lohan was Tess, but Curtis was having too much fun as Anna to really be thought of as great. Instead of acting like Lohan, Curtis just acts like a young kid who just ate too much ice cream.

One part of Freaky Friday that I didn't like is how often we were put in an awkward situation. And when they were there, they just didn't seem plausible. All of a sudden, Anna-as-Tess is a guest on a talk show, talks to someone she has a crush on, and watches Tess-as-Anna perform? Not only were they awkward, they were just not believable. On the other hand, Freaky Friday not only has some genuinely funny moments, but is also quite touching at times. Obviously, it was going to be, and Tess and Anna were going to learn to respect each other, considering it was shown in the trailer.

One other part I didn't like was how far it strayed from the book. It only focused on Anna-as-Tess (Annabel-as-Ellen), and how she spent her day. Of course, back then she was a housewife, but now she has to be a successful doctor. I do admire it for changing it, unlike others, which is basically watching the book. Overall, Freaky Friday is a likable, pleasant 90-minute diverter. It won't change your life, but you won't be upset you saw it.

My rating: 7/10

Rated PG for mild thematic elements and some language.
  • Freaky Friday has just the right touch. In making an identity-switch movie, there is always the temptation to overdo things, in both the comedy and the pathos sides. Jamie Lee Curtis has just about the right balance portraying a 15-year-old in a 40-year-old body. On the comedy side, although on occasions coming across as just a little bit too silly, Curtis has on the whole brought out the funny side of the situation without undue exaggeration. The important thing is her success in making the whole thing believable. On the pathos side, her toasting speech in the engagement ceremony is touching performance. Lindsay Logan, on the other hand, has much less opportunity of repeating her brilliant performance in The Parent Trap (1998). The fault is not hers. It's just that it's much less fun watching a 40-year-old in a 15-year-old body than the other way around. While this is obviously the ladies' show, the two beaus provide reliable support. However, it is the fantastic pair of grandpa (Harold Gould) and little brother (Ryan Malgarini) who stole the show, particularly the little guy. I for one would love to see a sequel with this pair swapping bodies. Good flick; well worth the admission price.
  • This film is an excellent entertainment. I thoroughly enjoyed it and well put-together explaining individual mind-frame and it works.

I am sure we easily judge into other people's positive and negative attitudes, but unless we put ourselves into their shoes, we will never know. Hence this film takes us into the journey of a daughter and mother who have complete different personalities. After a while, the daughter and mother switch "only" bodies (via some weird Chinese magic), by which they realize each others "actual life".

This film could have been made in various forms, but the writer and the director chose a way by which they can convey their message to the society while entertaining at the same time, which I personally think is a better option. The film is very light-hearted, well scripted, well directed, excellent costumes, brilliant acting skills, and finally very easy to follow the storyline.

Please do yourself a favor and rent this DVD (and order a pizza) and watch it at home with your family - maybe it will do you some good.

Enjoy! NEIL BHATIA

Score: 8/10
  • little_sunshine24 October 2004
    This movie deserves all high ratings. Not only does Jamie Lee Curtis prove to me a great Comedian, but the punch lines are displayed at exactly the right moments and exactly the right way. Curtis as a teenage girl is just as funny as Lindsay Lohan acting out the part of a grown woman trapped in her daughter's body. I loved this movie and it got great laughs out of me. I was actually able to sit in my room alone and laugh to myself without feeling stupid. So far, I've seen it three times and I don't think I will ever get tired of watching it, it just keeps getting funnier and more entertaining each time. Simply a masterpiece and I hope everyone who likes real real funny comedy gets to watch this one! This is gooood!
  • Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan shine in this absolutely wild and wacky comedy that will make you laugh and feel good. In my opinion, the way she and Annabelle (Lindsay Lohan) magically exchanged bodies was really creepy. This was because the earth rumbled when it happened. If you want to know how it happened, you'll have to see the movie. I said that because I don't want to spoil anything. If you ask me, the way Annabelle and Jake (Chad Michael Murray) met was absolutely romantic. Also, to me, he was an absolute charmer. I especially loved it when Tess (Jamie Lee Curtis) scolded Annabelle when she was making trouble. In conclusion, if you like Lindsay Lohan or Jamie Lee Curtis, I highly recommend this absolutely wild and wacky comedy that will make you laugh and feel good.
  • At first I couldn't understand why this was the version to see. It didn't seem any better than the Shelley Long/Gaby Hoffmann version I enjoyed years ago. Lindsay Lohan was a holy terror and her mom was merely uptight but nothing special. But of course all that changed when the magic spell took effect and Anna woke up horrified.

There are many deserving performances, mostly dramatic, that get Oscar nominations each year. It's easier for a movie like this to get recognition when comedy has its own categories. But Jamie Lee Curtis was amazing. Such a bizarre sight, this middle-aged woman acting like a teen! Maybe Oscar would be asking too much because of the competition, but Curtis certainly deserved a Golden Globe nomination. And Lindsay Lohan did a capable job of the mom in a teen's body, trying so hard to fit in at school.

Harold Gould's performance also should be noted. He made quite a likable buffoonish grandfather. I liked Rosalind Chao's clueless, almost stereotypical restaurant hostess. Lucille Soong made us notice as Chao's meddling mom who just HAD to help this family. And Jeff Marcus as one of Tess' more troubled patients.

Although the musicians showed talent, I will say I agree with the first opinion Tess had of her daughter's music. It was all just noise! I liked the music for the wedding rehearsal.

I still want to see the Jodie Foster original, and twice I have been annoyed that someone felt the need to do a remake rather than show the original. But this one was really worth it!
  • Freaky Friday, this was such a funny movie, and a huge surprise for 2003. This is actually a new favorite comedy of mine; Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan have such a great chemistry, I was really impressed with, new comer, Lohan's performance. She and Jamie just made this film an absolute blast to watch. I think I loved Jamie more though, she captured the whole essence of being a teenager perfectly, she did not over do it at all. Not to mention she's just an absolute pleasure to watch on screen, she's such a terrific actress, I love her so much. The story was just so perfect to update into today's society where everyone is so busy to even notice each other.

Anna is a teenage girl, she's pretty typical, she loves music, is a bit angry with her life, a bit of a drama queen, is annoyed by her little brother, and annoyed with her mother who is constantly on her case. Tess, Anna's mom, is a busy lady with a constant on the move schedule, she and Anna just constantly bump heads with one thing or another. Tess is also getting married again to a man who Anna is not too fond of. One night when Anna asks her mom if she can perform at a concert on the night of the wedding rehearsal, it doesn't go so well and they get into a huge fight. The restaurant owner's mom gives them a fortune cookie and ends up switching bodies. They end up learning that maybe their lives are a little harder than what they really expected it to be.

Freaky Friday is a very enjoyable film that I'm very sure you'll have a good time watching. It's a very impressive comedy for any age. My favorite scene was without a doubt when Anna(in Tess's body) goes on TV discussing her latest book and tells the truth about why adults worry so much, not to mention the scene where Tess and Anna discover their bodies are switched. This is just a great remake, it has a great cast, a fun script, and is just all around a good movie, I highly recommend it.

• Fun and harmless remake of the popular 1977 Disney film of the same name.

Jamie and Lindsay star as a mother and teenage daughter, who don't exactly see eye to eye. They constantly argue and don't understand each others livelihoods and problems in any way shape or form. That is of course until they are magically transferred into each others bodies for a day with genuinely funny consequences.

Despite the over familiarity of this type of subject, it is handed with real skill and does more than enough to have you chuckling throughout and basically watching the stars make fools of themselves! Lindsay Lohan is great, but the real star of the show is Jamie Lee Curtis in her best performance for years, she clearly enjoys herself in her role as mother (and daughter!!).
  • rebeljenn25 November 2005
    'Freaky Friday' (2003) is a remake of a Disney movie about a young, rebellious girl and her mother swapping bodies for a day. This enables them to see each other through a new set of eyes so they are able to understand their points of view better and (hopefully) respect each other a little bit more.

'Freaky Friday' is actually an enjoyable escape for a couple of hours. There are plenty of laughs, and the characters are believable in their roles. There is a definite focus in the film, so it does not require much thought. It's the sort of film you can just sit back and relax with.

It's been too long ago that I've seen the original, so I will not compare. I will just state that I think this was a good remake of the film. A film like this one is dated quickly because relating to the characters is a 'must'. This film is in tune with current family values and relationships and in with modern trends. Well done. 5/10.
  • Sherazade27 March 2006
    It was a remake and it delivered big time! Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan are an unstoppably funny team of mother and daughter that have just the right chemistry, the right dose of sarcasm and the right dose of whatever it takes to make you laugh and enjoy this film. No film this cheery and delightful would be complete with the dish! And the dish here is Chad Michael Murray with awesome hair, playing the love interest of Lohan's character.

The story is about this mother and daughter who don't seem to appreciate each other's lives, so one Freaky Friday, while having dinner at a Chinese restaurant, they both receive fortune cookies with a weird message in them. The next morning, they wake up to find out that they have switched bodies, whereby the mum's character now has the daughter's thinking and reasoning, while the daughter now had the mother's thoughts and reasoning.

The result is a pure riot! A must see for everyone who enjoys watching films that warm the heart and make you laugh.
    I am one who believes that a good film can be made very, very good by a single moment of spectacular excellence, a standout, blow-'em-away scene, maybe just two minutes long, that grabs you by the balls / heart and exudes some sort of sheer magic. Great films, I mean, truly majestic films (a club whose members you could count on your fingers) play at this level all the time, and I haven't seen one of those in half a decade. So we settle, well enough, for the shining, gilded tips that we can sometimes find in sturdy, self-sufficient films. These moments aren't great by themselves; take them out of their element and they're near worthless. No, these moments are great because the movie did the footwork in bringing you there, in setting up the big fall, the miles of development that gives that moment it's striking power. In The Usual Suspects you had Verbal Kint's revelation. In Requiem For a Dream, the climaxing montage of wrecked and debased humanity. And in Freaky Friday, in a measure of less gravity and only slightly less potency, we have too-uptight-for-her-own-good, conservative, forty-something Jamie Lee Curtis rocking out some killer power chords on an electric guitar. It's a moment of sheer unadulterated glee, of complete Dadaistic, fearless, uncynical and unfettered freedom that pretty much can exist only in the pre-slated innocence and silliness of a Disney film (which is probably their greatest under-appreciated asset). It is a moment of catharsis, of really breaking free, and where the movie comes full circle in its inner-child liberating mission.

Let me explain. What we have, for the bulk of its 90 minutes, is a film that sometimes (and only lightly) sermonizes about understanding, but is mostly about cutting loose and having fun. The formula's a winner. The real danger of the setup - typically dysfunctional family sans father figure, overbearing mother, rebellious teenage daughter - is that once you give them a unique chance to reconcile and identify with each other, after some initial hi-jinks, we go down some treacly, familiar road that's more pushy than good for you. Thankfully, that all takes a backseat to really exploring the sort of fun you can have when you've got a capable director and some really fine actresses to play around with. This lets all the pieces fall into place for that aforementioned climax.

Jamie Lee Curtis jumps right into her role and comes off charming and amusing as the back-talking, slang spouting teenager trapped in her mom's body. There's no doubt she's having a good time, but put any other aging actress with a prudish complex in her place (these are in no low stock), let her go wild, and I guarantee that you'll get pretty much the same result, which isn't a bad thing, really. On the other hand, I'm starting to think that Lindsay Lohan is the real deal. Before I watched Mean Girls and Freaky Friday, I really couldn't see what the big deal was, but now I'm believing that she really deserves her big star push. I mean, she wouldn't be able to carry a dry melodrama about accountants with a fondness for Neiztche, but she can certainly polish roles befitting of her to a damned spit-shine. I suppose I give her more credit because it's a much grander feat for a 15-year old to play a 45-year old than vice versa, but moreso I think she brings just the right flavor, oscillating between appalled, disciplinarian harumphs and vulnerable, sometimes happy realization of truths. It's the second part, the letting her hair down, erasing that prim guard, and partying like a middle-aged woman trapped in a teenager's body learning to be young all over again only could, that really buoys the whole movie. And when we see her eyes well up with tears and her heart teetering on edge as she tells her daughter, Anna, in her mother's body, to put her relationship with her fiancé on the line in a moment of self-sacrifice, that is when we realize that this whirlwind of absurdity has suddenly shut down into an honestly touching moment, and Lohan pulls it off flawlessly.

Though for all this, the tradeoff is that Freaky Friday requires you to suspend a whole lot of disbelief, not for the completely sudden and unexplained body switching idea, but for the ways through which mother and daughter are able to hold a day in each others' lives together. From unpassably lousy psychiatry and driving to waltzing through a teacher's lounge to cheat on a test, the film is full of near impossibilities that you have to accept our plucky heroines have the gumption and luck to pull off. The most annoying of all these is Anna's teenage crush, Jake, who, at the drop of a hat, does the following: takes nagging interest in daughter, falls in love with mother, completely disassociates with daughter, stalks mother, falls out of love with mother and back in love with daughter. Though for the overall lightening fast, aimed-for-children pacing of the film, some of these are necessary shortcuts that can be forgiven under sheer winsomeness. If you're taking the film that seriously, anyway, you've completely missed the point. A plodding drama with prim respect to plausibility and minor character development is exactly the sort of stuffy fare that this vehicle of pixish momentum is made to make you forget.
  • I didn't think it would be too great since I already knew the plot and basically what would happen, but it turned out to be very enjoyable. The 2 leads, Jamie Lee and Lindsay, were good and without them it would not have been as good. As others have stated, the first 20 minutes sort of drag as you wait for them to switch bodies, but once that happens, there are some funny situations. The mom in her daughter's body finds out school is harder than she thought. There is another girl and a teacher that have it out for Anna. And when Anna as her mom has to go to work and listen to people discuss their problems, that was very funny. Plus, the Chinese restaurant workers were cute with their little accent.

FINAL VERDICT: Just pretend what happens is possible and you will have a very good time. It's a light hearted comedy thats meant not to be taken seriously. I recommend it for those who aren't looking for a thought provoking drama.
  • For teens I highly recommend this movie. It is much better than all the other Freaky Friday movies. This one was much more "today" and had colors that don't hurt my eyes to look at. Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis were perfect for these roles. I think the director did an excellent job at choosing his cast and re-making garbage, into something I could watch again. Especially Lohans little "boy friend" that's something I can watch over and over again. Her brother may have been perhaps the funniest part of the movie. In other Freaky Friday movies, I didn't really find anything funny, just dull and boring. It's also interesting how they change the "body switching item" each time. In one of them it was a watch or locket or something like that, and this time it's something different. It always is. I highly recommend this movie for just about anyone.
  • tedg21 August 2003
    Spoilers herein.

I am convinced that many movies are about movies as a matter of demand. When we enter that darkened room, we often expect not be taken to another real reality, but to a movie reality that has some degree of self-awareness.

A great many of these movies have some sort of body-shifting. The plot mechanics are simple: a dead person in a borrowed body; bodies (or identities) shifted, sometimes a simple con. "Face/Off" at least had a novel way of getting us there.

Here we have the magical body swap. Once that's set up, we have the sweet situation of knowing that we have an actress playing a role playing a role. The rest is all skits exploiting that as the story moves through some trite, incidental story.

The question is how much folding can an actor do? The idea is that we are supposed to see Jamie Lee (wife of the prince of folding: Christopher Guest), the Mom, and the daughter all at once. Folded acting; actors -- real ones -- live for this sort of opportunity.

How different actors deal with this is a survey of how the world is put together.

We can have the silly model. That's where the actor just goofs. Its what Jamie Lee does here and is made possible because teenagers (at least in films that have a fake "adult" perspective) are inherently goofy. Silly is fun.

We can have the parody. This focuses not on making fun of the character, but of the other actor. "Face/Off" had this meta-goof. "Third Man" is the icon for this sort of thing, metaparodied in "Heavenly Creatures."

We can have a parody of the whole thing: "Cat People" was about the misfit of sex in movies reflected by the perversion of humans in cat bodies.

What's the point? That American humor -- even a movie as supposedly trivial as this -- is sophisticated and highly self-referential. Check out the references: she is a writer, an analyst and appears on a TeeVee show. That adds so many more layers and we love it:

Annabelle is in Tess who is on TeeVee as the writer of the book to support the ideal of her publisher lover. That's five folds, and it matches the previous record of "Nurse Betty."

As balance, there's the bit the other way as well: Tess in Annabelle as a rock performer, possibly the most `ironic' type in our society.

Ted's Evaluation -- 2 of 3: Has some interesting elements.
  • aliuelic3 March 2017
    A Friday on which mother and daughter switch bodies is certainly freaky. But you know what is more freaky? A teenage boy falls in love with both mother and daughter in a short time without any confusion! The plot is just unconvincing. Besides, what a pity to see Lindsay Lohan in this movie isn't nice-looking anymore. Personally, I like her in The Parent Trap very much.
  • leplatypus16 February 2015
    There is a certain chemistry between Jamie and Lohan and their clash of generation is rather funny. As Jamie had been also a high grader decades ago (« fog », « Halloween »), this movie is also interesting the evolution of education and it's rather a bad one : clothes, manners, knowledge have become loose ! Actually ; when you see how Lohan dresses to go to school and the kind of music she does, well, it's not very kind, open and charming. I know that teenage means rebellion but emancipation can be light too.

However my biggest dislike with this movie lies with its treatment of supernatural. The fact that mother and sister have changed souls and that audience can't discern it visually diminishes the impact. Maybe i am dumb, but every time i saw Jaime inhabited by Lohan's soul, i reacted as if she was Jaime who was still playing (I know it was that actually!). In other words, as I witness always the same body, for me, the person stayed the same. To be clear, as soon as the exchange happened, i would have rather Jaime playing the part of Lohan and vice- versa. This way, the supernatural effect would have been clear and it would have been more funny to see Jaime going to high school with Lohan's look… It's all the more logical that the movie cover makes this choice: Jaime dressed as a punk girl and Lohan as a Lady! I'm sure this kind of subjectivity reality has been done before (maybe in « X-files ») and i'm sure it would have benefit greatly to the movie !
  • yys603929 June 2010
    When I first saw the title of this film, I thought it was a scary movie that I didn't like but my friend told me it was really cool. After watching it once, it became one of my favorite movies. I really enjoyed it.

This is a story about a mom and her daughter who don't get along well. Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis worked together. Tess Coleman (Jamie Lee Curtis) is an overworked mom and Anna Coleman (Lindsay Lohan) is a typical teenager who has some problems at school and has daily fights with her younger brother. When they switch bodies, each is forced to adapt to the other's life for one day. They think each other's job is much easier than their own but they get to know that it's not so easy. Later Tess and Anna are getting to learn to understand and respect each other. Then they switch again and have a happy ending.

Their acting was so real and their expressions were so creative. Lohan acted well like a real working mom and Curtis acted just like a young kid. You have to see her act. I burst into laughter many times because her acting was so funny. Curtis is a great comedian. Moreover, the supporting characters, Anna's little brother, her grandfather, her boyfriend and Tess's fiancé, were so natural and so real.

Also I like songs from this movie. It has some oldies but goodies such as 'Happy Together', 'Take Me Away', 'What a Wonderful World' and Lindsay's own song 'Ultimate'. These songs were well-suited to this pleasant movie. 'Ultimate' became very popular because people liked this movie and the song.

Freaky Friday is not only funny but also quite touching. So far, I've seen it hundreds of times and I don't think I'll ever get tired of watching it. Everyone who likes a really funny but touching movie has to watch this film.
  • And by smart I mean, well-executed and well directed, with each actor/actress delivering a truly unique performance on their own. This is probably one of the better movies in Disney's live action cannon. The story of a mother/daughter switching bodies for one freaky Friday results in mayhem in both characters' lives, ranging from Tess' hard time coping with her daughter's high school life, to Anne's somewhat ignorant approach to her mother's job as a psychatrist. The soundtrack's pretty cool and showcasing a then almost unknown Lindsay Lohan who delivered a great performance. Add that with Jamie Lee Curtis' charm that only she can deliver, and you got a winner.

One to add to your collection.
  • Even though this is classically the sort of movie most love to hate, and I know I thought I would when the premise of the story made itself obvious, it ended up being quite the opposite for me.

Jamie Lee Curtis pulls off her part extremely well as you'd naturally expect from her, but being my first experience of Lindsay Lohan I wasn't prepared for her performance to suck me into the story and the movie like it did.

The music is what really attracted me to it, like being at a live performance, and avoiding actors-with-real-singer-voice-over is really something this genre of movies should do a lot more of. And that's where Lindsay's talent has a real impact on how well this scenario really comes off.

Don't expect it to necessarily surprise you by breaking the formula that you might be expecting, but although it's incredibly hard to act these parts and make it believable, I think Jamie and Lindsay manage to do it really well without making it overly obvious and cheesy which would be so easy to do.

The key characters give a good mix of comedy and fun and support the story well enough so that you can actually sit back and let yourself get wrapped up in the fun and forget about the unreality.

The presentation and content of this often used story is the difference here, it injects fun and life into your day and gives you the smile that you're hoping to come out of a movie like this with.

Undoubtedly worth watching if this type of movie appeals to you, but equally a nice surprise for those who it wouldn't normally.
  • I hadn't seen the original though knew the concept. I enjoyed the film and Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan did good jobs of inhabiting each other's bodies. Curtis really goes to town with the gestures and mannerisms of a 16 yr old (proving perhaps we're all still 16 in our minds) and Lohan does a good impression of a mature mom whilst actually being 16. The end is highly predictable though none the worse for that.

Of the supporting players Mark Harmon has little to do but look baffled at the character changes and the annoying part goes to Harold Gould as a rather pointless deaf grand-dad. The part of the teacher played by Stephen Tobolowsky could have been expanded as his dry approach was amusing.

Overall a film well worth seeing. Lindsey Lohan should go far and Jamie Lee Curtis is still worth good movie parts which she seems to find hard to get these days.
  • Lindsay Lohan well what can i say freaky Friday really brings out her true colours. She is extremely talented and will always be the top actress in my point of view. Freaky Friday as we all no had originally starred Jodie foster. Lindsay Lohan shows a great strength and will be the next Jodie foster in my opinion and many others I'm sure. Jamie lee Curtis is a ray of light in the movie she shows how mothers mainly react towards Anna's behaviour but for Lindsay to act as a daughter and a mother well you have to be extremely talented to do that. Don't you. Lindsay Lohan overall is a great role model and inspiration in this movie!

Katie -x- Lindz no1 fan :)