User Reviews (6)

• Chilly Beach has the look of a Canadian South Park, without all the gross-out humour. It's enjoyable fun for kids and adults, but really small children may not get the plot. It deals with two buddies, Frank and Dale, who live on the Canadian island of Chilly Beach. Their friends include an Indo-Canadian police constable (who manages a convincing Indian accent without being offensive), a little girl who bears a striking resemblance to Velma from Scooby Doo and a polar bear who lives on the island and spends all his time trying to eat them! It's a worthy animated entry along with The Raccoons (one of my fave cartoons in the 1980s). With all the crappy American and Japanese cartoons we get nowadays, Chilly Beach is a breath of fresh air. Rating: ***
  • Media_guru30 September 2006
    If this show were a person, it would be madly in love with the CBC if it were a person. They would hold hands and skip through flowery meadows as cheesy music plays. What I mean by this is Chilly Beach has CBC written all over it.

It follows the lives of two Canadian friends. Dale and Frank these guys seem to be rather good pals considering their respective favorite hockey teams seem to be knock offs of the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs (Real life adversaries) This is true unless they're discussing hockey, of course. This is one branch of the stereotype of Canadians on which this is entirely based. Luckily, Canadians have the ability to laugh at themselves so this show flies. Fans of other CBC hits such as Air Farce and This hour has 22 minutes will find delight in story lines such as a trip to the beer store and the daily temperature "highs" that are still in the blue. With all the flag waving on part of the Americans lately, Chilly Beach is refreshing dip in a nearly frozen pond.
  • I'm not going to summarize the show, cause it's easy to find a good summary online. I think it's a pretty good show. I haven't watched it in a while, but I do have the Season 1 DVD and I watched it when new episodes would air on CBC.

The show's not always hilarious, and it sometimes feels amateurish, as some of the jokes are kind of repetitive or predictable, but most of the time it's really enjoyable. My favourite character is probably Dale, but I like most of them. I'm interested in seeing the movie, and I can't wait until it finally gets aired, released on DVD, etc. Apparently it's tied up in ownership issues or something?
  • This show is like a version of "South Park" but it doesn't have all that cursing and other stuff like that. This show has the same humor from any other show like "The Simpsons" & "Family Guy". This show has to be one of the best animated cartoon shows in Canadian history. You can watch this show on CBC on the weekend. The characters in this show are just plain funny in every way. I strongley recommend you to watch this TV Show.

10/10 -- Watch this show when you can ( it might take a long time for you to enjoy. You will laugh like you will during any other Comedy Animated series on the TV right now. CBC's best original.
  • I'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit filed against this series for copyright infringement. Then again, South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone probably wouldn't even bother themselves with this pathetic knockoff...which sadly enough, also happens to be Canadian.

While the animation for Chilly Beach isn't bad, you'd think that the creators of this series could have attempted to make something fresh and original, instead of a toned-down copy of a successful American show. I know someone mentioned that this series is not as rude or vulgar...but isn't that the reason why most people enjoy South Park to begin with?

Do yourself a favor, and skip this "South Park-Lite", and go for the real thing.
  • I think one of the episodes are a bit funny. I'm sorry if this show got cancelled in 2008.