Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)

TV Special   |  Not Rated   |    |  Documentary, Comedy


Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004) Poster

Chappelle cuts loose in what he does best, Chappelle-style! And for what it's worth, no one is safe from Dave!

TIP
Add this title to your Watchlist
Save movies and shows to keep track of what you want to watch.

8.5/10
6,362

Photos

  • Dave Chappelle in Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)
  • Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)
  • Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)
  • Dave Chappelle in Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)
  • Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (2004)

See all photos

More of What You Love

Find what you're looking for even quicker with the IMDb app on your smartphone or tablet.

Get the IMDb app

Reviews & Commentary

Add a Review


User Reviews


20 September 2005 | MisterWhiplash
9
| still very funny
Killin' Them Softly, what I consider to be Dave Chappelle's non-cinematic breakthrough (the cinematic could be with Half Baked), was a very potent mix of comedy, dealing with some celebrity jokes and great humor involving the hood (the 'baby' bit is classic). With this special, Chappelle comes off from his hit TV show, and so some of his initial energy could be lacking. It isn't, but one doesn't see exactly the same brilliance here. I mean that though in just the overall sense, that there are a couple of bits that aren't totally consistently funny (the 'Monkey' bit, the bit on the 15 year old kidnapped girl). Throughout, however, there are bits that really do make it known why Chappelle is where he's at today.

For example, his take on why he can't smoke weed with black people anymore (and the pros and cons of smoking with white people) is gut-busting, or his take on the Michael Jackson case (last year this was filmed, by the way, which should be taken into perspective), or his lines on how he's dealing with his newfound fame (and what he'll do with a certain part of his privates). He is on fire I'd say 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent he's still witty even when the punchlines don't connect.

The Chappelle fans who love everything about his show will find much happiness with the DVD, and those who are just casual comedy stand-up fans will still see some of the low-key smarts and absurdities that launched Chappelle in the past half decade.

Critic Reviews


More Like This

  • Dave Chappelle: Killin' Them Softly

    Dave Chappelle: Killin' Them Softly

  • Deep in the Heart of Texas: Dave Chappelle Live at Austin City Limits

    Deep in the Heart of Texas: Dave Chappelle Live at Austin City Limits

  • The Age of Spin: Dave Chappelle Live at the Hollywood Palladium

    The Age of Spin: Dave Chappelle Live at the Hollywood Palladium

  • Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation

    Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation

  • Dave Chappelle: Equanimity

    Dave Chappelle: Equanimity

  • Dave Chappelle

    Dave Chappelle

  • Chris Rock: Never Scared

    Chris Rock: Never Scared

  • Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker

    Chris Rock: Bigger & Blacker

  • Chris Rock: Bring the Pain

    Chris Rock: Bring the Pain

  • Louis C.K.: Chewed Up

    Louis C.K.: Chewed Up

  • Dave Chappelle's Block Party

    Dave Chappelle's Block Party

  • Chappelle's Show

    Chappelle's Show

Storyline

Plot Summary


Genres

Documentary | Comedy

Are You a Sansa or a Cersei?

"Game of Thrones" Season 8 has finally premiered, so in celebration we take to the streets to see which characters fans relate to the most.

Watch now

Featured on IMDb

Check out our guide to superheroes, horror movies, and more.

Around The Web

 | 

Powered by ZergNet

More To Explore

Search on Amazon.com