User Reviews (4)

• The beauty and crispness of the visuals in this stunning short film are juxtaposed against the painful messiness of love lost. Mireille Enos and Kevin Rahm portray so touchingly that terrible state of affairs when affection and care have replaced what used to be love. The quiet expanse of the landscape provides a sense of hope and openness even in the midst of endings and closings.

The director clearly has a visual eye, surprising the viewer with strange and beautiful images like the diver by the side of the road. These fleeting, somewhat ethereal images fit so perfectly in this other-worldly landscape.
  • A disturbing and evocative exploration of human relationships, Falling Objects has all the hallmarks of a distinct new authorial voice. Mireille Enos is hypnotic as the central character, playing a brittle every-woman, in search of her own particular form of self expression. This is a slow-burning film with cumulative effect - it has a striking and poetic visual quality. You are definitely left wanting more - there is an eerie resonance to the world and the characters you visit in this short, that is not easily shaken off. ==== ++++ ----- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++NS
  • This short affected me so much I was urged to write a review. For me it is reminiscent of early Campion. The visual metaphors employed enable the viewer to really feel their watching experience is unique. Amazing. The story shows us how we make the decisions we do and how solitary that is, at the same time as showing us how we are all connected - life goes on and during this decision making time everything has meaning, everything is helping us come to a decision. (That's how it was for me anyway, but like I say, we all experience it differently). The director has got some fabulous performances from the actors. I love the use of sound as well in this film - in the car, the gallery, the home - beautiful. I cant really say enough. I can't wait to see what else this director does and will be looking on this site, in anticipation. Thank you.
  • mleeckman1 November 2006
    I saw this short at the Palm Springs Shorts Festival, and I have to say it was one of the better short films I have seen. Its a little slow at the beginning, but it pays off. The actors are incredible, as good as in any feature. I was totally unprepared for how moved I would be at the end of the film. "Falling Objects" takes you through it, and you sit and watch, and then at the end it all links up and you realize that it is a film about all of us, moving through time, changing through time, and sometimes losing each other. I fell in love with the lead, Mireille Enos. I could watch her do her laundry for hours, let alone act in a beautifully shot, well-executed, well written, SUBTLE (god bless them!) short film about love and loss.