• m-4782610 December 2020
    It's the first time a spin off series really captures its original show feel, and give it a new edge. I always preferred Addison. She's classy, naturally gifted, and a lot more sympathetic heroine than Meredith Grey. Also, California beaches are a lot more enjoyable than Seattle's wooded landscape. Storylines strayed in very questionable and over the top dramatic plots, only never the way Grey's Anatomy did and still do. Season 6 is not the show's best moments, but that series finale was worth the wait. Regulars are great, even when they're flawed. Amelia shined there and it's a shame her joining original series cast, spoiled everything. To me, the show was at its peak during season 2 to 5. Coincidentally back when ABC was as well. The music, the cast and the acting were reasons I always preferred this over Grey's, or loved watching both back to back a lot more than what is currently offered by the network.
  • RussHog14 March 2020
    My housemate doesn't speak English very good so she watches random bad TV on Netflix to improve her speaking skills and this is one of the shows she binged recently. I hated it. The characters are flat. Fake. Phony. The writing sucks. It's melodramatic and horrible. Nothing important ever happens. Each scene is rushed. The actors are horrendous. Every single facet of this show makes he feel sick. Every time she watches it I get up and go elsewhere. Anywhere.
  • OK it's got the depth of a puddle and the nuance of an angry 15 year old girl. But that's the demographic sweet spot. I'm sure it's fine in that sense. You can't judge trash by the standards of anything other than trash and this is pretty good trash. OK so all the men are women and the women are insane. But only in that high school chick movie way. In the real world you'd run screaming for the doors if any of these borderline narcissists came at you with a scalpel or medical help. Assuming of course any of them could pull their respective genitals out of each other long enough to see patients. But so what? Oceanside Wellness careens from one improbable medical disaster to the next. And it always ends well or tragically. Which is the same as ending well. I feel that the only moral dilemma they left out was having a suicide bomber show up demanding to be artificially inseminated with the sperm of dead cloned Rabbi so she could go off and detonate in a glorious spectacle of female empowerment. Maybe they did that one. I forget. At any rate, give it watch. It's stupid mindless fluff that will leave you asking the TV whether they're retarded or you are. And the answer does not matter. I rate this a 5/10 because it aims for silly mediocrity and hits it perfectly.
  • laragi9 October 2021
    After season 3 it's everyone sleeping with each other. So disgusting. I skipped to the last episode and didn't miss a thing. It was terrible as well.
  • Moviegoer1910 December 2011
    If I had written this review five days ago I would have given it a rating of "10" and not "5". Why the change? Because during the five days the cumulative effect of watching several more episodes that promote a "pro-life" attitude has pushed me over the peak: from addictively watching the show to being astounded and appalled that such a seemingly sophisticated show is so insidiously pushing a point of view.

The epitome of this was in episode 35, I believe, in which Violet spills her guts to a woman who was raped, is pregnant, and learns the baby she's carrying belongs not to her husband, but to the rapist. At first, Violet is appropriately (in my opinion) appalled that this young woman would even consider carrying a pregnancy to term and having a baby by a man who raped her. But then, of course, true to the "we love babies, life at any cost" attitude of this show, she changes her mind and ultimately influences her therapy patient to go ahead with the pregnancy. Well, at least I assume this is what happened because I had to fast forward through the scene as I couldn't stomach it.

What?? Is this what this society has come to? Do we devalue the lives of women so much that pregnancy and childbirth and childrearing take precedence in every case? Then there was the episode earlier on in which Addison needs to choose between surgeries: does she save the mother or the fetus (or "unborn baby" as fetuses are now called). You guessed it: the fetus came first! though I do believe she tried to save both.

After addictively watching 37 episodes of Private Practice because, yes, it is superbly well done: great acting by great, beautiful actors; exciting plots; beautiful environments - I have maxed out. I am so sick of this "let's have as many babies as possible because that's what life is all about" attitude that I'm calling it quits. Though the show is progressive in other ways, and sophisticated, this Rah!Rah! childbearing theme is more than I can bear. It's so reactionary for the cause of women - women who may want children but cannot have them for whatever reason, or women who may (gasp!) CHOOSE NOT TO HAVE THEM, that the pleasure of watching is gone. Too bad because it was a nice escape for me. But watching now is like watching a Republican presidential candidate debate (which I never, ever do).
  • tect-0356431 January 2021
    I don't know where to begin... I constantly asked myself while watching this, "What is it with hollywood and their obsession with sex?!?" Do people really behave like this? Sex at home, sex at the job... This show was about sex, sex, sex. No morals and no self control, if it feels right, just do it, if you're in a relationship and you like someone, just sleep with them. And that is such a pity because they brought some very interesting and difficult cases to the show. At least it had the type of ending that I always hope for, an ending where everyone's happy.
    Seasons 1-3 were literally cut from grey's anatomy. Season 4-5 (maybe 6) are mostly annoying with Addison in therapy which is against season 1-3 format: this would be a good choice for a person but don't change format of a show. Storylines too frequently match grey's not by connecting episodes but repeating storylines. Good idea to join the original practice with the newly funded downstairs practice to making it their own. Great character development for dr Sheppard with the addiction and more. I found myself bored starting season 4 and on but pushed through with every other episode being worth my time. No wonder this was cancelled.
  • notar0b0t29 March 2021
    Private Practice had its moments. At times, I loved it, at times, I hated it.

What made me love it? The character development of Addison, Cooper, Charlotte, Amelia and Jake. They actually managed to be likable, interesting and grow.

What made me hate it? Well... almost everything else. The characters are so one-dimensional (excluding the ones mentioned above) and overall unlikable! They fall in and out of love so quickly, everyone's slept with everyone, they're shallow, materialistic and snobby! They're selfish and judgmental, too!

Naomi's the worst offender of them all, and the biggest hypocrite and judgmental person in this show:
    • saying she's against abortion but then tries to force her 15-year old pregnant, MARRIED (!!) daughter have one,
    • judging and essentially cutting off Addison for falling in love with Sam, her ex-husband whom she was divorced from at the time (by the way, is she punishing Sam for falling in love with Addison? No, because apparently Addison was the only one at fault here!)

I'm mad at the writers for getting Sam and Naomi back together in the series finale. It undid everything the show had worked towards. It takes back the sliver of character development Sam & Naomi had.

Remember when Addison wanted a baby and he didn't and apparently that was THE deal breaker? Well, no, it wasn't a deal breaker when Naomi was pregnant! He just didn't want Addison's baby and only wanted a baby with his ex-wife (whom he marries again).

He later states he never loved other women, scrubbing Stephanie and Addison from his memories. Did someone say trashy?

All this aside, the actors were good. Kate Walsh, Taye Diggs, Caterina Scorsone and KaDee Strickland really made their mark.

I don't understand people who compare it to Grey's Anatomy. It would be like comparing, say, chocolate cake and blueberry pie! It is not comparable.

This review is all over the place, which is somewhat fitting for Private Practice!
    This was one of my favorite shows on television; top three, actually. I like it better than Grey's Anatomy--I laugh more, I relate to the characters more, and now that Meredith has gotten all "fixed," I find the conflicts more entertaining and more realistic. The show is thought-provoking and intelligent, the actors and actresses are AMAZING, the writing is fantastic, for once on prime-time television, and the plots are intriguing and amazingly well-organized. Y'all rock.

I just spent the past twenty minutes talking with my mother about how your characterization of women makes us all out to be pathetic, spineless tramps. It's true. Most people don't behave like all y'all do. Naomi's the only one who has any dignity at all, and that's only because Audra Macdonald is such a formidable woman that Naomi seems powerful by proximity. You need new writers. Your characters have transformed only on surface levels over the course of the series. They all seem constantly ABOUT to change in some significant way without ever getting there. It's awfully disappointing, as a fan, to see.

Please--get the show up to the level that Taye Diggs and Audra Macdonald and Amy Brenneman deserve it to be.

Actress who plays Addison--you may eventually be at their level, but this is the first thing of note that you've done. So--prove yourself!

This is a big-time, epic television show in a down-home, small-time, easy-to-relate-to package. It is as deceptively artful as Judging Amy was, a show that felt so much a seamless part of real life it was difficult to remember at times that the characters were not my next-door neighbor or my grandparent's sister. It is a shame that less flashy, perhaps smaller budget shows like these are so commonly passed over for the mega awards, Emmys and Golden Globes. They shouldn't be.

Kate Walsh is fantastic, and makes her somewhat neurotic, easily hateable as truly beautiful women so often are character leap from the screen. Addison is graceful, a badass, and precisely the kind of woman we all wish we had as aunts. This woman is the kind of 'fabulous' Sex and the City's little girls only wish they could be.

Taye Diggs rocks. Proving here once again he's not just a pretty face, his acting improves with every season. He's got the chops to match the extraordinary talent present in the women of this show, and that's saying a whole lot, considering who he's matched with.

Amy Brenneman rocks my world. Thank you God for women capable of being gorgeous, sexy without needing to take off a stitch of clothing to do so, down-to-Earth, and emotionally present in absolutely every moment of every scene this show does. Amy is ridiculously underrated as an actress. She is the kind of woman Holly Hunter, for all her glamour and hamming for the camera and blatantly overt sexuality, has not yet discovered herself to be. I wish we lived in the kind of world where women like this got the credit they deserve. Amy is a truly professional actress, the kind of person who is a welcome addition to any team yet is rarely ranked as high as the 'starlets' whose self-destructive antics have misogynist's eyes glued to the screen and thereby increase rankings. Amy is the kind of ass-kicking superheroine capable of playing women in touch with their own issues, rather than avoiding them--she is in other words genuinely emotionally mature, and that is a rare but lucky find. Talk about a diamond in the rough.

Speaking of credit where credit's due, Audra McDonald can ACT! The woman is one of the best singers currently alive, says I, AND she has excellent dramatic skills and comedic timing. WHOA! You make the rest of us look like underachievers, regardless what we are doing with our lives...you also inspire us to be better than ever we thought ourselves capable of before. Thou art amazing.

The rest of the people on the show rock too. However, they are all white, and most are men. They affect my viewing experience less, and hence I will suffice it to say they do not get in the way of my enjoyment of the show. That's high praise in this company. This is better than most prime-time television shows, as much as it is also more enjoyable than most prime-time shows are. It is easily dismissable because it is headlined by female actresses, and I will say that gladly in the face of any "official" or "critic" who knocks it as being too 'emotional'. That's what life is about--our emotional experience of it. The show can be smart AND funny, snappy AND full of genuine catharsis. I for one absolutely adore it, and I'll go to bat for it any day.
  • Silfiriel15 April 2012
    And the title of this review is actually giving it a chance. The characters are blunt, yet overdone. There's no compelling storytelling, you lose interest 5 minutes into an episode and everything feels artificial. You can't connect with any of the characters because they are cheesy and beyond fictional. The actors feel plastic too, just like their characters. I do not understand how does one make a character driven drama and makes the characters boring and uninteresting. And to think that Off The Map was canceled (I am not a fan, it wasn't that good, but at least it had a good location) and this thing tortures people for 5 years. I can't possibly imagine how this thing survived for 5 seasons??? Who watches this thing? And what kind of a hospital is that? They sit and talk all the time, no one wears a white coat, but everybody is dressed like they are going to a wedding. I gave it a 2 only because I consider it the worst rating. Ah , I changed my mind, 1 my final rating.
  • Good show, but being in the medical profession it was irritating..if not disturbing to see the doctor (Addison) come out to ask her "friends" if they should save her uterus! I can tell you from real life long experience....they don't ask! (at least not in this situation) Doctors save lives and tell your family later the pt may not have children. It's a sad part of the circumstances, but they do everything in their power to save (all) of the patient if they can't they fix what they can to keep you alive. AND the stupidity was the doctor and her friends actually saying..If we/you save the uterus Violet will die. So what should the decision be? HOW can you use a uterus if you are dead? When would saving the uterus be an option if you die? Stupid Stupid Stupid writing and they should be paying attention to these things.
  • I WAS a fan of Grey's and this show, and really wanted to be of "Off the Map," but the formula that was initially great is now predictable and boring. I disagree with those who believe there is any "difference." Other than the locale of "Off the Map," there is none. On the plus side for this show is a great cast, with little exception. Negatives--the story lines are no better than daytime TV (that's SOAP OPERAS), and the moral pontificating tedious. The series has so many unnecessary sub- plots (the "Busy,"/"Captain"/lover-maid idiocy, with STUPID characters no less.)

Could have been great, Kate Walsh's character could anchor a GOOD series. It no longer does.

Since this is a Private Practice review, I have avoided the other two, but they are interchangeable, other than the fact Ellen Pompeo/Pathetico turns any script into manure. Otherwise, see one, se 'em all.
  • jeff6813730 March 2021
    I didn't watch it when it came out but I binged it on Netflix recently and loved it. Private Practice ended much too soon for my liking but I do understand why it lost viewers at least IMO. The death of this show was making Addison and Sam a couple. It just didn't click. They should have just remained friends and neighbors. Del and Pete both leaving also added it to its demise. Other then that the Cooper, Charlotte romance was great and they stayed together even with various problems which was a breath of fresh air for an evening soap. I wish there was a few more seasons to enjoy.
  • It's very well acted and well written. It may be in the greys anatomy world but its completely its own story and ery amazing characters
    ***Potential spoilers - only read if you've watched Grey's Anatomy***

I embarked on a Grey's Anatomy marathon, rewatching the seasons I'd already watched, then the seasons I hadn't, but when I reached Season 10, I decided to take a break, to watch its spin-off, Private Practice. I'd been wanting to watch it for a while, ever since I saw the back-door pilot.

And I am going to be completely and utterly honest . . . I enjoyed Private Practice more than Grey's Anatomy. I loved how we stuck to a smaller main cast, to the majority of them who were from the beginning. I found Grey's Anatomy a little overwhelming from the large cast, the thousand different story lines we followed - and there were so many devastations.

Anyway, I loved the cast; I loved Addison - her very first line has stuck to me (something along the lines of "You've been screwing my husband"), but it is her character development, her change from a cold person to someone who is more complex, who displays emotion, that I truly appreciate about her. Of course I loved the other characters, their story lines; Naomi, Violet, Sam, Cooper, Violet, and Pete won me over just as much as Addison.

Unlike Grey's Anatomy, I think I will be able to revisit Private Practice, to rewatch the entire series. Not that I'm saying Grey's Anatomy is a bad show - it isn't - but Private Practice isn't as overwhelming and I enjoyed much better.
  • Boredom can drive us to many things, and one of them is watching Private Practice. A so-called medical show, this is an hour with some very unpleasant, unlikable, annoying rich people who sleep with each other because no one else could tolerate them. So badly written, this show could fall into the comedy category for the Emmy's though one suspects the writers take themselves very seriously. Very seriously. Every week, this medical facility is faced with moral challenges that bring out the worst in one another, beginning with the truly absurd Dr. Naomi Bennett. Completely without a hint of charm or likability, this actors job is is to perpetually snarl at the daughter and the ex-husband, and now, the best friend. Second in line is Dr. Charlotte King, a character born out of the imagination of a sober Tennesee Williams. When she isn't spraying her female musk, she is chopping balls off her new husband, the docile Dr. Freedman. Even Taye Diggs character has recently entered into annoying territory as he ponders ethical and moral questions, usually shirtless. The real issue with this show is how bad the characters are and how as an audience, we could care less. At night, these horrible people retire to their beach-front Malibu properties to drink Chardonnay and engage in a game of sexual tick-tack-toe, only to wake each day and pretend they are doing something useful. If this were the show, at this point, the poignant sad folk-like song would be underscoring the deeply felt, overly dramatic moment that will happily lead to a commercial break.
  • Subtlesecret10 July 2021
    I love this series. But having seen Brian Belben in Dream on, I just can't take him seriously. My bad.
  • If you're looking for a show about morally bereft rich pieces of cardboard, each believing themselves more socially and morally mature than the last, regardless of what little evidence exists to support their belief, then this is it. I came here for Addison after I fell in love with her on Grey's Anatomy and I was excited to see how she'd bloom outside of Derek, Mark and Meredith. I was also hoping to know Amelia's back story because she is one of my favourite GA characters ever.

One season in and I was here solely for Violet and Cooper. By the second season I resigned to googling Amelia's story and settled for that, because my brain was so asleep, I couldn't torture myself any further. They all have teenage libidos with infantile moral compasses, and it's clear Addison especially, will sleep with anything with a pulse, then of course fall deeply in love with them she just can't picture her life without them. Then repeat the cycle every four weeks. I don't know how this made it through five years, and I don't understand how it's a spinoff of GA.
    this started really well. drama was dealt with nicely, not too much, not too little. strong, deep characters and well coordinated character arcs. this lasted for like 2 series. afterward, it turned into this idiotic fruit salad, where everybody sleeps with everybody and nobody needs good reason to say or do anything. character arcs and descriptions were thrown into the garbage bin and I struggles hard to keep watching what used to be one of my favorite shows.

so this is about the episode entitled "War".

from the writing of this episode, I get it that the target audience is IQ bellow 80, with lots of prejudice and repressed mother issues. the writing is so bad in this episode, I have to wonder if it was written by or for monkeys.

by the info they show in this episode and others, Violet IS ready. she did indeed "the work". so what happens goes against what the audience KNOWS, but nothing on the screen acknowledges this.

the only problem I can think of is Violet did "the work" someplace else (not on display for her "friends"). By all possible judgment, she did what a responsible adult should do when faced with such a terrible tragedy, and what a therapist knows she needs to do to make it right. nice writing so far. very smart and it shows someone did their research. as we've got accustomed with, Violet is a great professional, even when dealing with personal issues.

then it all goes rotten when the plot is twisted so that the most stupid conclusion seems to be right - except nothing in the plot supports it. other than the awful writing. (what happens when a plot goes a way that is not natural for the characters, but pushed by the writer's agenda).

• the Judge says something really stupid - which basically means "I'm not gonna do my job and judge this, I'm gonna let your friends do it (despite their obvious personal agendas and emotional problems)". right. because "judges are...stupid"?

-No specialist is called to testify, by either party. Seriously? although there are specialists there, their opinion should NOT count, and should NOT be aloud by the Judge because they are interested parties - yet it does and it is (hello bad writing).

-the point where the "friends" are not ready to accept Violet has dealt with the attack, because the friends have not dealt with their own emotional stakes in it and because they has not witnessed her process of recovery - this is so obvious, yet it is not even mentioned in the film. why? the characters have been really smart, quite brilliant so far. the lawyers are presented as smart. and this is such an obvious point that the whole plot revolves around it.

the "ordinary" person may not know that the way Violet dealt with the the attack is actually quite right, but the ordinary person is NOT a therapist, or a specialist. but there are such people in the film - that could and should have brought it up. there's a (formally) brilliant therapist - Violet herself, and her therapist from NY (who's NOT being called to testify for mysterious reasons). also her ex by, Sheldon?, who's never been an idiot before in this film, but now suddenly is - or simply acts out of character, by judging it as an uneducated person would instead of what the character is.

so- what could've been a great episode, and a great lesson for the audience about how to best deal with personal tragedy, turned into a fruit-cake. lots of sugar, bad for your health. I guess the target audience is neither smart, nor educated - and they need to keep it like that. smart, educated audiences would cost more, and these writers would lose their respective jobs.

had this been a producer's decision, I apologize to the writers. they had to sell their souls for food, cos that's the (real) world we live in, right?
  • Soap operas, daytime or otherwise, require certain standard elements. Among those elements are attractive, immaure characters, often with too much money and vast wardrobes, who deal unsuccessfully with mature, adult challenges and dilemmas. These challenge and dilemmas are often presented to the characters and to the viewing autience in an intensity and frequency that no normal person or family would encounter in the course of an entire lifetime. To this extent, Private Practice, in spite of its unique setting of an LA medical practice, would be a predictable snore, unless, of course, you enjoy watching good-looking people self-destruct in slow motion.

However, the relative success of this series lies two factors. The first is the placement of certain characters who do, indeed, have the maturity or character to handle the idiosycracises of the more childish ones, Addison Montgomery being of particular interest--a highly competent, over-accomplished obstetic specialty physician/surgeon with low impulse control, poor boundaries and an underdeveloped ethical foundation. Other characters share similar traits in varying mixes.

The second saving grace in my opinion is the many relevant medcial ethical issues it addresses, often dealing with childbirth, children, families and sexual identity and orientation.. In the course of an episode, the viewer is presented not just with the morality (or lack thereof) concerning each character's choice of who he or she shares a bed with. There are also issues concering the complex and nuanced realities of favoring or opposing certain groundbreaking medical procedures, genetic research, new medications, abortion,,euthenasia, addiction, in vitro fertiization, surrugacy, giving birth and raising children out of wedlock, etc.. It's a medical ethicist's Disneyland and nightmare at the same time.

Whether one is culturally conservative or liberal, the etihical matters an episode addresses become useful examples of how nuanced, complex and even revolutionary the behavior and decisions one makes can be. Those who espouse simple, straightforward answers to these matters cannot but be confronted with how certain bumper sticker ethical statements can play themselves out when the rubber of the issue hits to reality of the road. Private Practice creates reasonably believable acid tests for most medical ethical matters.

As the son of two medical professionals myself and a Chrisitan lay minister, I'm not always happy with the way the series' practice partners hash out these issues in the break room of the office, around kitchen tables, n living rooms or beds or around a conference table while they mix discussion of the ethical issues with office gossip and with the revelations of other's train wrecks of personal lives. The Strum und Drang of their own private hells collide with their patient's agonies too often and intimately to be believable. Mature adults I know don't behave that way. But, hey, it makes for good TV and keeps the paying advertisers believing that the show is being watched by those who may wish to purchase thieir products or services.
  • Seems like each episode is the same, childish drama between doctors. Amelia is annoying and the show would have been better without her. Each character is so unlikable.
    It looks like the brilliant team of Shonda Rhimes outsourced the writing of this one somewhere offshore, maybe to the MediocreLand? "PP" reminds me any one of the many tedious, promising at first but predictable within 1 season David Kelly flicks (Picket Fences, Ally McBeal, and now Boston Legal). The crazy cases they get are so outlandish, they barely evoke sympathy or sadness. And that's what actually makes good medical dramas tick - dramatic situations you are afraid of, "This could be me" sentiment. They are not funny either.

The actors are quite good, but the plot lines are dead and cannot be brought back to live. I'm a therapist, and let me tell you - Amy Brennan plays the most unbelievably incompetent, unethical, untrained therapist. Whoever writes her stuff flunked the ethics and the transference/counter-transference courses in Stanford. Somebody should give them a Code of Ethics to read (the episode with the nose-bleeding wife and the therapist's involvement in it). No therapists are that bad.

Women yearning for men who have moved on - had been done to death, we've all graduated "Sex and the City". Addison in her youthful aggression towards the guy she likes - very age-inappropriate, looks so unnatural on a woman over 40, and this otherwise talented actress doesn't believe it herself and doesn't deliver it very well. The only successful/palatable developments are Addison struggling with her decision to move to LA, and the "Voodoo Dr" and his coping with widowhood.

This concept might work with a whole new writing team.
  • I've watched a few episodes of this show and have found certain elements of it to be rather interesting, considering medical facts that can be learned. But this is totally upstaged and wrecked by the neverending immoral relationships of the show's characters. Everybody seems to have slept with just about everyone, even during office hours, which is ridiculously unrealistic. There doesn't seem to be one solid, lasting marriage or relationship in the entire show - everyone is broken up and on the prowl - hardly a true reflection of all Americans. Indeed, there is a total lack of respect for marriage or monogamy and it's truly fulsome.

Then we are presented with endless little moral 'dilemmas' and they're generally solved in such a way that belittles anyone who doesn't agree with the all-knowing degenerate management and staff of the private practice. For instance, in one of the latest episodes we're presented with an exceedingly rare situation of a baby who is born with an uncertain gender and Addison absolutely refuses to perform the surgery because we're supposed to let the baby decide his gender later on. Anyone who disagrees with this is portrayed as immature and stupid.

And I think that anyone opposed to abortion would be offended by the way the show treats pro-lifers. Addison made the comment that no man was allowed to have an opinion on the issue and only one black character was given dignity for opposing abortion on moral grounds. The general feeling was that if you opposed abortion, you're a freak - hardly the popular sentiment in the US. Two of the main characters in the show nonchalantly mention that they had abortions when they were younger and had no apologies or regrets, in spite of the fact that research has shown women can undergo intense depression. What's more a young girl comes to the clinic for an abortion and then thanks the staff on the way out and someone talks about it as how they were helping this young person and it was like something to exult in. The script could have been written by Planned Parenthood.

All in all, this is a cheap show that lacks much of a future unless it decides to present more real relationships rather than just totally unbelievable soap opera relationships and far-fetched medical situations throughout the whole show.
  • bombres5 March 2020
    While I love the show and the characters, the idea of the constant bed hopping among colleagues is annoying. But even worse is the way "I love you" gets thrown around so freely. Falling in and out of love so easily and moving on so quickly. They either never really meant it when they said it or they don't really know how to actually feel it. Back and forth, in and out, up and down. My head is spinning. Other than that, it's a good show
  • At first this show was amazing because of its tie to Grey's Anatomy, but now it stands alone as an epic show full of complex characters. Addison was great in Grey's but my god does she grow and explode in Private Practice. You fall in love with the characters and become obsessed with their lives. Some serious topics come in to play such as rape, kidnapping, death, drug abuse, domestic abuse, mental illness, complicated pregnancies, but all are handled with exquisite grace which you would expect from Shonda Rhimes. A powerful show that doesn't get nearly enough attention!