• And there is barely any Justice League in it. Honestly if they had left the resurrection of Superman for its own movie it would have worked a lot better. Here the opposite is true, combining both the death and return into one long movie works a lot better.

I honestly can't imagine the Death part working on its own, barely anything happens before the end besides drama that we have already seen the conclusion to a hundred times, and the second part on its own would surely be far too convoluted. So we'll done to DC for making this narrative into one part. It just makes sense.

Overall this arc is a complete film, although they probably could have shaved down some of the conversations, especially with Lois Lane, who seems to be there to pad out both separate movies, but most of her stuff doesn't need to be here when combined. Good story, drags a bit.
  • I was really impressed by this. I really enjoyed it. Why can't they get the people who storyboard these films to story board the live action movies?
  • mikahlurimaah26 November 2019
    I don't know how to comment or handle this film after DC combo that Movie to becomes one movie . This is so Awesome DC . Who can expeted about this Movie . next time please do something like this. its easy to watch .
    The first half is better than the second death of Superman is much truer to it's source material than reign of the Supermen is. Spends too much time on Clark and Lois's relationship. I get it trying to establish their characters for casual fans but fans who know and love the source material will be slightly disappointed. Huge props to Rain Wilson who is perfect as Lex Luthor. Which is a huge departure from the source. Luthor is part of the story but it's Luthor Jr. Doomsday looks like he's supposed unlike the live action where he looks like a cave troll lord of the rings ripoff and there are logic errors. Reign of the Supermen is a huge departure from the source material namely Darkseid is the main antagonist which yes Henshaw does eventually run into him in the books but not in reign of the Supermen the visor Superman is vastly different each of these could have easily been 2 - 2 1/2 hours each but alas that's not what DC did here. Overall though enjoyable and yes much better than both Batman vs. Superman and Justice League
    Superman dies and returns and Batman doesn't kill him. Doomsday killer from outer space raises havoc and destroys the Justice League. New Cyborg superman takes over. Lex Luther is a combination of good guy and bad guy.

Apparently, anyone in the world can make DC comic cartoon and they don't have to be connected. I recall from before that Batman had a biological son and the new Green Lantern was a female. In this cartoon, Lois Lane is voiced by Raven and she doesn't know Kent is Superman as yet as they eat at a bar and grill owned by a former seaman who serves ribs. Batman is still a tool. And what was with the Super Boy? Will we ever see that character again?

The feature was too long and cluttered. Characters didn't seem to be the ones we know. With all the wonderful 3D effects available, this cartoon is barely ahead of "Clutch Cargo" animation.