• I really, really liked Smokin Aces, and i was excited to go watch this sequel, featuring my favorite UK actor Vinnie Jones, who always gives violent movies this little extra just be his appearance.

As so often with sequels, this one just doesn't cut it - it is nowhere near as well-acted, intense and spectacular as the original.

The story features some of the assassins from part 1, but they have been cramped into the plot in an awkward way this time - without giving away too much, it's rather unbelievable. Their methods seem dull after watching part 1, and the addition of the new assassins doesn't make up for that at all.

Bad, b-movie style acting and extremely bad CGI (explosions!) take up the remaining 1.5 hours, until the foreseeable-from-minute-1 plot-twist kicks in.

Loads of plot holes, bad dialogs and unexplained sudden character-developments makes me rate this 3/10 unfortunately.

TLDR: Don't bother, grab it once its out on DVD
  • I was sent an advance copy of this movie on DVD. I enjoyed the first Smokin Aces and I had no problem spending 90 minutes on this one. Firstly, there's tons of gratuitous violence and nudity. If that's not your thing, skip this.

Secondly, this is called Smokin Aces 2, but from its apparent direct-to-DVD release status, you can expect that Jeremy Piven and other big cast members like Ray Liotta didn't show up. However, Tommy Flanagan (the guy from the first movie who changes his face) has a reprisal. We see Vinnie Jones of Snatch fame (Bullet-tooth Tony) playing the usual hit-man/tough man. Tom Berenger is easily the best, as he plays the target of a large assassination contract for his head.

The movie is a sequel, but it has nothing to do with the Buddy Aces Israel storyline (though his name is mentioned once, I guess just to get SOME sort of movie-verse continuity). Like the first, Smokin Aces 2 sets up the assassination contract, but the storyline is not even close to as appealing and creative as the first. You do get to see the rival assassins preparing and scheming to be first to claim the prize, however unlike SA-1, there is no creative twist to how they all converge on the target. Instead you just get a boring shootout with some very (VERY) far-fetched comical interludes (All I'll say is exploding midget clowns).

A terrible script, terrible storyline, a worse ending, yet somehow the first half of the movie was tolerable. If you're a male who likes guns and boobs, you'll likely be able to sit through this. Autumn Reeser shows some skin, as does Martha Higareda, someone I had not known until this movie.

It's still a 2/10. One point for guns, the other for naked ladies. I'm pretty sure 99.9% of females will despise this movie, and any male not enamored with action/nudity probably will too.
  • raggsokkn9 January 2010
    Good but not as great as the first one.

Vinnie Jones is as always a crazy bad-ass, an other old-school bad-ass in this movie is Tom Berenger from The Substitute, this movies sex-appeal comes from the two beautiful girls; Autumn Reeser aka Kaitlin 'AK-47' Tremor and Martha Higareda that both acted good.

The movie is about Walter Weed who's getting hunted down by a bunch of assassins. Walter Weed is an FBI analyst who in the start of the movie is told by some FBI people that there's some criminals out to get him.

After this the FBI brings him to a safe location where they are attacked by all of the assassins.

The movie has no what so ever meaningful dialogs but the action is god.

It's full of fun action, beautiful girls and meaningless violence. In other words not great but OK for watching with some beer and buddies...
  • OK, I am posting this as it seems that too many people reviewing this have completely missed the point.

First, the Special Effects: Yes they were done the way they were (badly, with a comic slant) on purpose. For two reasons. One, they were emulating British gangster flicks (for reasons of budget or style - your guess) - and second they were following a particular anarchist film style which you may be familiar with - Natural Born Killers anyone? Or perhaps you think Mr. Oliver Stone was also being cheap with the special effects? The scene of the rednecks tooing and froin in the truck with the background changing the way it did was a direct homage to that film.

Second and last - you don't go to a film like this expecting it to solve your pointless existence. You go to have a laugh and hopefully some fun. This film did that pretty good.

Too short if you ask me. The director had more ideas then made the screen - I blame the editing :) Cheers
  • RipTheJacker7 February 2010
    A lot of people argue that it has bad acting and bad CGI but forget that this was a straight to video release. With such a limited budget, the film-crew can only do so much so well. Taking everything into account, this film is nothing but a mediocre sequel that could have gone unnoticed with or without its release.

With that said, if you ignore some of the minor flaws, it's actually a decent flick. The acting and CG are NOT bad, they're simply mediocre and can be somewhat forgiving when you take into account the budget. If you can an open mind you will hardly notice anything wrong with the GC, and of course if you go into watching this film you shouldn't expect very much from the acting.

What is disappointed, though, is the fact that the premise of the film is simply there to do everything the first film did; and not necessarily better. This film doesn't add or remove anything, it simply plays it VERY safe. The whole assassins after bounty direction is kept intact, and it's VERY unfortunate that most of the assassins share VERY similar characteristics with the previous film's assassins; some even make returns. It's so similar it's actually quite striking.

Putting the bad aside, it has the typical over the top'guy-movie' flare that the first film had. It has guns, women, sex, violence, and plenty of blood to go around. Some of the action scenes seem a bit overboard, such as shooting exploding midget clowns out of a cannon, but that's what one can come to expect from a movie with such flare. The action never slows down, and the plot twists keep on rolling back and forth.

OVERALL: If you have seen the first movie, you have pretty much seen the second movie. That's not to say you shouldn't watch this film. This film is best enjoyed if you can simply tune out every bit of your brain and simply enjoy the movie. Don't worry about the GC, don't worry about the acting, don't worry about plot-holes, don't worry about what's changed since the first movie, just watch the movie for what it's worth: an over the top sequel to an action flick for guys (and maybe gals too).

I gave this movie a 6/10. Nothing special; a bit above mediocre at best, but still enjoyable.
  • First of all and most of all, this movie was shot entirely for TV - lousy camera work, very bad acting, bad script, irregularly paced and silly few plot twists.

Characters are not developed, special effects (of e.g. explosives) look highly unrealistic as if the budget was cut in the middle of production.

Also closer to the end of the film the scriptwriters inserted a three minutes needless love story which ended quite abruptly.

Don't waste your time on this even if you liked the original movie - I couldn't make myself finish watching it.
  • majormadmax11 February 2010
    OK, I won't even compare this movie with the 'original,' as there really is no connection between the two. Well, other than the one assassin and the fact that the FBI is the main government agency involved.

So, standing on its own, the best that could be said of 'Smokin' Aces II - Assassins' Ball' is that it is mildly entertaining if you like movies of this genre.

By that I mean lots of gunfire, blood, gore and a few hot women.

Otherwise, the script is weak, the plot weaker, and the acting...well, it can barely be called acting.

By itself, 'Smokin' Aces II' rates four stars at best. You can save yourself some money and wait until it hits the discount bins, you won't be missing anything by doing so. But do pick it up when it gets marked down, especially if you like these kind of brainless shoot-'em-up flicks!
  • What an awful film, the whole concept was absurd. It's one of the dumbest movies I've seen and the way they tried to dress it up as some 'Usual Suspects' style work of genius was laughable. Everything to do with the four morons in the truck (especially the clowns) would ruin any film and the plot was full of holes. Wilful suspension of disbelief is one thing but this required suspension of all intelligence.

There are none of the big stars of the first movie. Vinnie Jones, who's improving as an actor and I want to like, still cannot deliver a line without sounding like he's reading it from a script for the first time and Tom Berenger is clearly desperate to be accepted by Hollywood again if he is taking parts like this. I bet he was very well behaved on set this time.

Bizarrely though, this had one of the best last ten seconds of a movie I've ever seen, which is all that stopped me giving it a rating of one but by then the film was beyond redemption and it was wasted. If it had been put on the end of a decent film it would have gone down as one of the all time classic endings, it was that good an idea. Now it will just be forgotten on the end of a bit of straight to DVD garbage, which is nothing short of tragic.
  • I feel like most of the votes for Smokin' Aces 2 were given without an actual viewing of the movie. I'll admit, as soon as I heard there would be a sequel (which turned out to be a prequel) I wasn't happy, and wanted to rate it badly myself. I feel as though most people shared my sentiment, but rated the film without actually watching it first. I feel it's at very least in the category of a 6, with the original Aces at at least a 7 on IMDb. I suppose viewers just don't feel the way I do. Now, about the film...

Aces 2 was... different from the first film. Most notably, no real names here. Jeremy Piven and Ryan Reynolds are gone. It's a big loss, but if you consider Aces 2 to be a similar story without actually RELATING it to the first film, it becomes a lot more fun. Aces 2 has a style of it's own, different from the original. Where Aces 1 had smooth music and a flowing story, a style all it's own, Aces 2 has rock music and probably more swearing. The Tremors family appear again, but this time around, it's only Lester and a few others you could honestly care less about. The setup is entertaining, the shootouts are fair enough, and the humor (Tremors family related) is fun if you can get past the bizarre nature of it all. Aces 2 is far from realistic, and there are enough plot holes to sink a boat, but it really isn't a bad film. Certainly not intelligent like the first, but eh. Watch the film, don't relate it to the original, and at very least, WAIT for the ending. The final moments will make the entire film worth it, if nothing else.
  • Joe Carnahan's original Smokin' Aces was received with mixed feelings but a very fine piece of entertainment in itself. The original owed a lot to black crime comedies in the style of Guy Ritchie.

This sequel/prequel/crapquel is only produced by Carnahan. He passes the directing helm to P.J. Pesce. A quick look at this "director" credit list on IMDb will tell you exactly what to expect. Assassin's Ball is diluted in every way imaginable. First, it is only very loosely connected to the original. One can guess the superb and eclectic cast from the original was probably not easy to secure and so, in an attempt to cash in, they came up with a pitiful excuse of a story which tries to keep the theme of assassins all after the same target. But the story brings nothing new and is in fact inferior. The new characters are dumbed down versions of the old ones and the acting quality is also down from he previous effort.

There are sequences in this film that will make you cringe. For instance, a man is shot and the cheap-o blood splatter digital effect goes in an absolutely WRONG, gravity and logic- defying direction. And this single example encapsulates the weak sense of direction on display here.

How could the producer, a man who has shot miraculously cool indie flicks and also a masterpiece such as Narc actually OK any of this? Did Carnahan just cash the check and not control the quality here?

My other reviews will demonstrate I rarely am emotional about films when I review them but here, I must point out how disappointed I am with Assassin's Ball. Although the original was not greatness on film, it had heart, quality direction and a certain unique quality to it. How can Carnahan, who once was headed to great things after Narc, be reduced to a producer role on such garbage? This once great director saw several of his rumored projects scrapped, given to others or go in limbo.

I once felt he would be one of the next great directors and writers of Hollywood but with this offering, I now have serious doubt about Carnahan and he no longer resides on my "must see" list. As for director Pesce, this is without a doubt the last movie from this guy I ever watch.

I'm giving it a 3 solely because of the few entertaining bits they sucked from the original.
    I don't ask much from my action flicks. Good action, decent effects, but mostly a world that maintains consistency. In Crank, it was over the top craziness, but the movie world was set up that way, so you went with it. In this movie, you have ridiculous breakdowns in motivation and the stale 'It's the government' plot. I'm not sure I've ever met any paid assassins so I can't say for sure, but I'd bet quite a bit that during a hit, they wouldn't form an instant love affair after knowing each other for 10 minutes. They also wouldn't charge blindly into a firefight. I think this movie wins the award for most bullets fired in a confined space without hitting a target. The writers needed to fit pieces together so they had characters act contrary to what they're developed as, the hallmark of a truly bad writer. ie, she's a hitwoman, but we need her dead so she'll charge into a firefight. He's a hit-man but we need him dead, so he'll run into a group of 3 heavily armed people after they killed the woman he met an hour ago. I mean really, if the govt hired these people (the Tremors? Really? The govt hired the Tremors?), do you think they'd need to set something up to kill them all (and why would they hire people when we have special ops specifically trained for this sort of thing)? The ending was epic in it's awfulness, both in the total failure of logic (bomb goes off at 3AM but I'll wait around until light before I split), and in the actions of the main character (who was magically transported to the right place at the right time). Even with my brain in action movie mode, this insults my intelligence. Watch the Transporter or any Guy Ritchie movie, you'll be far more entertained.
  • Thou not even close to its predecessor, this movie is quite watchable and entertaining. Pretty big cast doing a bit less than what could be expected from such actors, given the decent script, although the dialog was surely not the greatest.. everything was there for some better exposition and back-story. Maybe 20 minutes more runtime might have done the trick. You could see the reduced budget, especially during the explosions and in choice of music. Budget (as most of the time) surely influenced the total feel of the movie.. which seemed a bit rushed and unpolished, and also the pressure (from Exec Producer J.C. maybe?) to follow the visual style of the first movie so closely...looks like it was a bit too much. All in all it's still a decent / fun movie, could have been much better (like so many big-budget releases) but still manages to be fairly entertaining.
  • Though not nearly as well directed, well acted (or casted) or well written as Smokin' Aces, this movie is not too horrible to watch. It's got a decent story and progressing nicely, it's not too predictable (not much more than any other movie these days). Expecting not too much, I'm definitely not disappointed.

One thing bothered me more and more though: the enormously annoying, cheesy one-liners! First it was just agent Baker with the dumb-ass comments and group cheers, but then everybody was spouting bad one-liners!

Another thing that was a total letdown and seriously a SHAME for any self respecting artist in the movie industry: the "special effects". If intended as fake as they look: congratulations on a job well done. If not: OMG, Mr Director, did you even watch this movie yourself??

It's a solid 7, because in spite of the annoyances this movie was very watchable and entertaining. These days entertaining is all you can hope for. Not the very best "part two" ever, but most definitely somewhere in the top 20% (although I'm not sure that's saying much qualitatively).
  • gaiderdraco16 January 2010
    I don't want to be rude by actually providing this film with a rating and seeing that I haven't a choice I give it no more than a 1.

Smokin' Aces was in interesting film. It has a good premise that, even though it isn't remarkable or original made sense for the universe that contained it. A mob snitch is going under witness protection and a large group of assassins are hired to exterminate him. He name is Buddy "Aces" Israel, hence the title "Smokin' Aces".

This film on the other hand ignores the fact that the first film even exists at all and therefore, immediately the title "Smokin' Aces 2" doesn't make sense. That's the first reason behind this film's epic failure. The next step in failing is that this was produced as a telefilm and was shot entirely with a digital camera. Not a very good either because with a digital format and not a enough lighting the final product is out of focus most of the time that the camera actually moves. That's just a technical aspect and during the last half an hour of the film it was out of focus during many parts and seemed to be shot with 30 frames per second (fps); the proper way to shoot any movie that contains an actual budget is with 24fps.

The story here is that an FBI veteran is under witness protection for reasons made unclear until the end of the film and seeing that the first film contained a plot twist that was kind of predictable, this film had to have one, also. The teleplay's awful so I predicted the ending's twist within the first 10 minutes. Once again, a group of assassins must kill a man and this time he's locked tightly underground and is very secured.

The first film provided audiences with a barrage of strange but intriguing characters for its assassins, but every one of them had a specific reason for wanting to collect the reward money. This film does not go that far. It's just assassins vs. the FBI and it's mostly boring.

The action is violent and hectic, when there is any and while the special effects are decent (lots of a bullet hits and blood packs) the CGI is atrociously awful. All explosions are transparent and physics doesn't exist in this film in any way, shape, or form.

To sum it up, even for a made for TV movie this movie sucks. It's pacing is, probably deliberately slow and its assassins are pathetic caricatures. The twist at the end can be seen a mile away and makes little to no sense and the performances are pretty bad. Again, even for a telefilm.

Skip this movie if you liked the first one and even if you didn't, or hadn't seen it skip it anyway. It's not even worth a free rental at your local Blockbuster Video.

D.
    This is only my 2nd response to a movie and I have to say, I disagree with the negative response's. I did not go into this movie to compare it with the original even though I did watch and enjoyed it. Smokin' Aces 2 is everything I would have expected from a movie in this genre, It is fast paced, lots of action,killing,a little skin,and I thought a good plot. Yes, others have said that the plot was weak but, I thought it was good. I thought I had it figured out almost at the beginning but was pleasantly surprised at the end. This movie doesn't have twists all throughout the movie that keep you guessing but, the action makes up for that and you will be surprised in the end. It will probably leave you thinking about it, for awhile anyway. This movie is good fun with some great and humorous scenes. Probably a guys movie as I don't know too many women who are into this genre but I know at least a few who did love it. If you like movies that fall into this genre, you'll love this one. Don't believe the negative response, watch the movie and judge it on it's own merit and not on the original. I think you'll agree.........
  • The original Smoking Aces was a okay action movie, but had a over the top violence which was not enjoyable. But this piece of (homemade) crap is just to bad to watch! What were the director and editor thinking? There is no line, there is no story, there is no directing there is nothing that makes a movie. And those explosions, artbeats.com? The editing, was the editor on drugs? Was he feeling sick? Looks like the whole crew was sick and didn't care for making a good action movie. No, not for cinemas not for rental, just for the garbage can! It's only watchable for those who have no taste, just like the creators of this movie! Stay away from this and go see a real movie from a real director.
  • Wow what a dog of a movie - I guess they bought the rights to the title but this as far from a sequel as it's possible to get.

The only good thing here are the actor who runs the jazz club and Vinnie Jones who really deserves better (Sorry but having breasts and a push-up bra doesn't not make either of the two female leads any better or anymore watchable).

I like cheesy assassin films - the Tournament, Wanted, Shoot'Em Up, because they are ironic and self-mocking: this, this has none of that - honestly whatever camel's behind it came shooting out of it should return again ashamed.

This really is a by the numbers no imagination just recycle what you think will sell marketing ploy. Both the director and the writers should have prices put on their heads for selling this granola to the public......
    OK, not entirely worthless, but VERY limited: if you have a friend who is confused about the difference between superfluous and gratuitous, watching this movie should help clear things up. Shooting someone, and having their brains blow out against the wall, then slump down along it like sticky pasta: gratuitous. Using bomb-rigged circus dwarfs as cannon shells: superfluous. Also, if someone is a film student, and they want to build a list of obvious stinkers, add wide-angle lenses and tilted cameras for no reason other than to make it, um, strange? and we're done. WHAT a bag of clich├ęs and surface bluster. So many ways to burst that suspension of disbelief, so many ways to punch holes in a plot, so many ways to fill up an hour-plus with a complete lack of ideas. I really hope the writers, producers, and "director" are not allowed near cameras or even screen writing software ever again.

Oh, and there's a surprise ending (though how he could be standing unseen in that alley, right in front of the car is just impossible), and by the time you get to it, you just won't even care. Bought this DVD used, and it is going in the trash, scratched so it can't be seen by anyone.

even the CG on the credits was amateur. How do pieces of garbage like this ever get funding? mind-boggling.
  • Spaceygirl3 April 2010
    No, seriously, this is AWFUL! It's easily the worst movie I've seen this year. It has a terrible script peppered with one-liners and riddled with plot-holes and the acting? Omigod, the acting! For shame Tom Berenger, that you have to be reduced from almost-Oscar-glory to this. For shame! Vinnie Jones turns in his usual English-thug performance, so no surprise there. The movie bears no resemblance to the original. I suspect that the few positive reviews here are either from male, pre- pubescent boys and sad lonely men who get their kicks out of watching bad actresses take their clothes off or brainless gorms who can't follow a movie unless it has running and guns and stuff exploderising every three minutes. Not worth your time. Avoid at all costs.
  • I see there are a lot of negative reviews about this movie. why? I don't know. this one had better action and the tempo of the movie was better. they did not have any of the non-sense stuff the first one did. you get into the movie right away, all the way until the end. (at least that is my opinion.) it was a lot more easier to fallow. the pace was better. I felt the first one's pace was up and down too much while this one has a more consistent, understandable plot. I am no movie expert just a regular movie watcher who doesn't do fancy reviews about movies. All I got it say is that this was a great movie. I liked the action and story really well. Other people I know who watched them both thought this was a better movie. I guess when Hollywood experts give a movie a good or bad review that seems to be the rating that fallows. This is a great movie. watch it.
  • Here is a very brief review of the first movie (or at least what i thought of it) - Brilliant. Plenty of action, developed characters, good story line, nicely paced and well directed and acted.

Here is a very brief review of this movie - terrible.

Why you ask? Mainly because it has nothing that the original movie had. Admittedly this film doesn't have the budget that the original had, but the way that it falls down could have been solved without further expense. The characters aren't developed in any way. I can't really explain this without adding spoilers, so i won't, but believe me, there is no recognition of ANY of the "new" assassins background or any story behind their assassination "style". Lazlo Soot (a returning character) isn't in any way as likable as in the original. His whole "human face mask" approach was very refreshing in the first film, but tired and used in this attempt. He adds very little in all. As for the Tremors? They just aren't the Tremors. Simple.

The action is average at best. Nothing special to report unfortunately. A lot of it just feels very rushed- cops get killed, one or two assassins get killed, more cops get killed. Unfortunately it all happens within 5 minutes, so there isn't even a chance for some of the assassins to even attempt getting to their target.

However, the story line does end out with a fairly OK twist, even if it is slightly far fetched. It gives reasoning behind the actions of the assassins and their "contracts". Not anything special though. So it's not all too bad i guess.

In a nutshell, I would recommend that you just go watch the first one again. There's a reason as to why this release is straight-to-video. This is only my opinion though, so by all means, give it a try. You might end up liking it more than i did :)
  • This move came on sky movies, and there had seemed to be nothing else on, so i decided, as i absolutely adored the original first one, which was brilliant, that this one couldn't be much worse, so i watched it, and i can honestly tell you, this movie was horrifically terrible, the acting was stiff and heartless, only known actors were Vinnie Jones and it was almost unbelievably unbearable The action sequences were terrible, looks like they were done in imovie, explosions looked unrealistic, the storyline was terrible and the director was inadequate. overall this movie was not worthy of B-Movie, maybe not even a C-Movie, i wouldn't recommend this film if it was the only choice, you would have more entertainment sitting alone in the dark in absolute silence.

This movie was an abomination, and a disgrace, this is a perfect example of a terrible sequel. however, i "Would" recommend this film if it was being used as a punishment, or as torture.

I would just like to stress how unbearably awful this movie was, no words can truly describe how bad it is.
    While I thoroughly enjoyed Smokin' Aces No. 1, this movie gave me brain cramps. I don't even no where to begin, since all parts of it were equally wrong.

I'm no quitter, I watched the movie in it's entirety, the whole uninspired story, the sickeningly corny dialogs, the cheapest-possible special effects, the mind-boggling "twist" ending and everything. I could literally feel my brain strangling itself with the spinal cord so the pain would end. I just now signed up at IMDb to warn you, for that taking one for the team wasn't completely in vain.

Let's review it in a more structured fashion:

First: The Plot. It has nothing to do with the events from Smoking Aces 1 and it's only very loosely related. We have several insane assassins competing for the kill, several FBI agents and a mark. There, the similarities end and the convolutions begin.

More than the entire first half of the movie is introduction of the assassins. And you get to sit through very long scenes of unreflected, extreme gore. In a flashback scene, one of the killers is driving several ice picks into the brains of a restrained but conscious man describing the process in every intricate detail. While the camera watches it without blinking. I enjoyed Rambo 4, but this made my stomach turn. It's unneeded and doesn't manage to transport any emotion, not even shock or hatred towards the killer. The rest of the idiocy is stereotypical White Trash Nazis that fornicate their siblings and The Black Widow, a Femme so incredibly Fatale, they had her kill a child molesting, Black Widow-seducing priest right before the altar. Then the FBI assembles to escort the mark to a not-so undisclosed, not-so safe location, but need to hand in their FBI badges and their brains first. Any climactic moment is either ignored (see: Brain Ice Picks) or ruined by one-liners coined by the directors three-year old nephew (see: Black Widow poison-kissing the priest)

Second half of the movie is watching brain-deprived FBI agents trying to secure the bunker below. They could've appointed Chief Wiggum from The Simpsons and he'd made less screamingly dumb things. FBI Special Agents AND professional assassins are shooters worse than Imperial Stormtroopers. They're shooting live midget clowns strapped with bombs into the bar above the bunker. Explosion CGI are worse than the special effects on Windows Minesweeper. Dumb FBI agents again, then corny one-liner, then another endless firefight among Imperial Stromtropper marksmen and then the forcefully contorted ending that will leave you feeling mentally molested for at least several hours.

The last seconds are the best of it: the main villain is simply shot like a dog. Two bullets put him and his shame of a movie down. No one-liner, no looking back.

By adding Jar Jar Binks and Wesley Crusher, this movie would have GAINED character likability.

Remember: what has been seen cannot be unseen. Friends don't let friends watch this.
  • Where shall I start? The first movie was full of nice dialogues, a good plot, nice characters,... All of those things are lost in this movie.

Smokin' Aces 2 is just such a crappy direct-to-DVD-release. 'What do you say Sir? A plot?' Indeed, it's like they never even heard of it.

I am serious, the acting is horrible, CGI ain't looking good, no plot? I saw it after I was watching Sin City. So you come from great-near-perfect to hmm-what-is-this!

The only 2 points I am giving is for the awesome rack that comes into screen. This is by far the worst movie seen in 2010. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I wished this was a baby never born... Missed chance! 2/10
    Just saw this and must say it won't let you down. The plot involves a mid-level CIA analyst who is besiege by assassins more ruthless and hilarious than the first film. Get on this film and enjoy the ride. Goes beyond the original, if you can imagine a Crank II level to Smokin' Aces, your there. All the characters are sinister, but Vinnie Jones and his northern English humour do well to steal most the show. The other players who are foaming over the 3 million dollar price on this poor man's head, who by the way is completely unaware of what reasons these people want him done away with. The plot is solid and we can see the disasters that will occur within the first twenty minutes. As the first film there is plenty of over the top violence and heavy automatic weapons and even a good splash of torture for you Saw fans. The is a familiarity with the cast and they all look and feel like they should. I love the busty blonde and her red-neck cohorts, always good for a stone cold laugh and spontaneous brutality. Overall a strong 8 out of 10, oh and remember this is an action film, meant to entertain, not to be take literally, and you'll walk out of the cinema with a great big smile on your face.