Oscars 2021: Explore the nominees, videos, photos, and more.

When I saw Autumn Reeser at the top of the bill for this movie, I was looking forward to seeing it, as her last two Hallmark Christmas movies were lovely (Christmas Under the Stars and A Bramble House Christmas). To be honest, I was a bit let down by this one. The story did have a warm and gentle flow, which I enjoyed. However, it lacked that 'something extra' like some of the better Hallmark movies this season, such as The Angel Tree (great chemistry between the leads), A Little Christmas Charm (a wonderful little mystery), Christmas Waltz (some beautiful dancing), and Five Star Christmas and The Christmas House (two very funny movies). As a result, I did not engage with the movie, it did not pull me. I had to stop myself from multitasking a couple of times, which is never a good sign. The story and script, in some ways, were quite ordinary. The dialogue between the leads felt routine like, and as a result, it was rather dull to watch at times. The acting was pretty good. Reeser (as Jessica Morgan) had a decent performance, but I felt like she lacked purpose. Arguably, this was what she was going for, as her character was trying 'to find herself', as it were. Antonio Cupo's performance (as Kyle Buchanan) was pretty good too. He had sort of a gentle and warm, yet firm, vibe to his performance. Unlike some of the other reviewers on here, I felt the chemistry between the two wasn't great. It wasn't terrible either, but maybe, it was a bit too subtle for my taste. The supporting cast had a solid performance. Latonya Williams's performance, I thought, was strong. The scenery, props, and sets were well-polished and festive (a Hallmark trademark). The ringing of the bells, however, was a bit of a letdown, I felt. They faded them out rather quickly, which seemed odd given all the buildup in the story. All in all, it is a decent Christmas movie, not one of their best nor one of their worse this 2020 season.
  • Terence Kelly who played the elderly owner manager of the cottage where she stayed is 98 years!! He must be the oldest active performer currently working! Amazing!!
  • The actors did what they could with the smarmy script. The conflict was dumb and not necessary.
  • Autumn Reeser is delightful. Loved her character's personality and humorous comments. Felt like authentic conversations. I thought there was good chemistry with her and Antonio Cupo. The supporting cast was lovely as well. It didn't feel as stilted as some of the Hallmark movie casts. Also loved how the homeowner/caretaker was so sweet to Jessica. The cast and acting made this one work!
    Starts off interesting, about an heiress in the big city. Of course she must travel back to a small town, hiding her identity. And falling in love with a local guy who declared he values honesty above all things and believes that money changes people for the worse. Yup, she doesn't tell him when she has a chance, he finds out, gets mad and walks away. He's a jerk. Being attracted to someone you've known for 3 days or so is not the same as "falling in love". Who would want to be in love with someone who gets offended so easily? (She meets this guy when he walks in front of her car and then blames her.) Everything is SO predictable. She decides she can be the CEO of her company right in the little town. She's rich, he's anti-rich. She decides to be an art teacher. "I just want to be wherever you are" What drivel. Gimme a break...
  • Jackbv12313 December 2020
    I had high hopes for this movie after watching previews. Jessica is rich and everyone she meets wants something from her for that reason. She wants to meet people who accept her without the riches. Of course this premise has been done, but somehow it sounded interesting.

But this movie has what I like to call the "hanging secret" which is a trope I hate (which I realize is kind of self-contradictory). Even when the secret is justified, it's always treated the same as an outright lie. This movie is no different.

Almost all of these movies are required to start out with at least one antagonistic encounter between the leads. So Director, if you have to do it, at least do it reasonably. As shown on screen, Kyle did walk out in front of oncoming traffic that wasn't even moving that fast. There's no reason for him to act so self-righteous.

Much of the movie is spent establishing that Kyle distrusts rich people. Of course, it's obvious what's going to happen and I just wanted it to be over with. I also didn't buy into the rescuing device used at the end. It didn't really make sense to me.

Other well used themes are: money needs to be raised to save something; newcomer sets out to raise the money; newcomer steps in to fill a missing role and has huge impact on the people; and the two biggies - the leads are from different worlds that can't coexist, and big city bad, small town good.

I didn't really see chemistry between Autumn Reeser and Antonio Cupo. They never seem natural together. Another reviewer called Reeser twitchy which seems apt to me.

Unfortunately, this movie turns out to be a rehash of the same old stuff and the characters don't draw me in enough to make up for it.
  • chiltonsjillfreeport13 December 2020
    Sigh.
    Watching Autumn Reeser act in A Glenbrooke Christmas wore me out. She was such a collection of tics, gasps, winces and, worst of all, constant heavy sighs, I had to wonder why the director never reined in her twitchiness.

Why so tense? Especially given her character, Jessica, is incognito/on leave from her life as an LA soon-to-be CEO, revisiting a small CO town. Which is just one of the tired tropes here (I count 5).

Weak writing just pulls this movie apart overall. Or never puts it together.

Reeser's co-star, Antonio Cupo (as fire chief Kyle), is meant to start out prickly and awkward, if well-intentioned, but his dialogue is so clumsy he comes off like an abrupt jerk, even-at times-well after we know him better.

The arts fundraiser is plain ridiculous. We're supposed to believe a handful of kids finished enough paintings in a few days to sell in a matter of hours, as small dollar items, to raise $10k? Really?

What a mess.
  • Finally a Hallmark movie that didn't make me want to use the fast forward button. Who would want to fast forward any of Ms. Resser? Antonio, not so much. I loved the performances by ALL of the support cast. Well written and beautifully acted. Autumn expertly and believably plays a rich woman incognito. Antonio played his part as written. It's the "little people" that made this movie work. Nice twist and turns and some new twists from Hallmark. A really nice movie which could have been a classic tear jerker. I'm just sayin'. Thanks Hallmark.
  • This was an adequately entertaining Hallmark, and as such I was a little disappointed because I really expect the best from Autumn Reeser. Also Antonio Cupo looked super hot and perfectly cast as the fire chief she falls for. I also like the poor little rich girl trope as well. However, Mr. Fire Chief got off to a bad start with me by yelling at nice Autumn for something that was totally his fault. He was chauvinistic and entitled as Mr. Small Town VIP. He got better, then reverted to type again near the end, where he accused Autumn of the same bad behavior he was guilty of. Latonya Williams was adorable as Ruthie, another firefighter, who tells Antonio a few home truths at the end. Over all it was good, although not problem-free, in addition to the character flaw I noted.
  • kenishaliyanage15 December 2020
    A heiress goes back to her roots before taking over an empire. Her mother's home town is different in many ways than the environment she is living and brings a lot of surprises. There was good chemistry between the two characters and the storyline was great comparing to some of the other Hallmark movies that came out this year.
  • dianamarinelli21 December 2020
    Overall this was a good movie a rich person doing something good and had a good message which I like 100%recommended
  • pattersonjamie-1207920 December 2020
    I liked this movie. It was sweet. The acting was good. Glenbrooke presents the ideal small town living.
  • bevr-635-54260324 December 2020
    This was a sweet Christmas story. Antonio Culpo is a heartthrob and certainly makes this a better than average hallmark movie.
  • Antonio Cupo and Autumn Reeser are absolutely great together! Pair them again and again. A murder mystery would be great. Antonio is the most handsome actor ever. Can look at him forever. I am watching A Glenbrooke Christmas now for the third time.
  • timwest-6641231 December 2020
    I like almost all Hallmark movies and especially the Christmas ones. A Glenbrooke Christmas is one of the best! Antonio Cupo is fantastic, as is Autumn Reeser and the whole cast. The storyline is wonderful and the scenery marvelous. Great chemistry between all the cast makes this one a winner!
  • I haven't been sold on Autumn Reeser before this movie. She has always seemed to be cast as a character 10-15 years younger than she is. She has just always seemed so old to me and therefore unbelievable with the guys she was cast with. I never felt chemistry between her and other characters. She's finally playing a character closer to her age I guess, so she is much more believable. However, the poor uber wealthy woman looking for true love was a dumb idea. I didn't sympathize with her because she literally had nothing to worry about and no struggle in her life. Her life seems charmed even despite her parents passing when she was little. She seemed spoiled at first and her tastes so upper class that I found it hard to believe that she had "normal people" clothes and enjoyed the rustic decor. Her character didn't seem believable, especially when drinking a beer. The male lead was good though. Never seen him in a movie before I don't think, but I enjoyed his character. He was way too quick to show his heart though and came off way too eager and desperate, but also snobbish and contradicting about wealth. I still enjoyed it though despite all that. It just wasn't very believable and there too many confusing contradictions. For example, she was quick to throw money, except when it was the most important and needed the most. I'm sure the writer could've done better. Let her donate anonymously, but also let her still do the art show and let it be about the students and a scholarship program. That would've been better. The townspeople were stressing over the bell and the money to fix it, and she could've spared them that easily and anonymously. She let them continue in that way for what seemed like her own glory. This movie had some real flaws, but still I enjoyed it for the Hallmark feels.