• MaskedSuperstarMrX23 November 2009
    I am a fan of director writer Chris R. Notarile, and a fan of Marvel movies. So, this was a treat for me! Especially after a disappointing motion picture showing of ELEKTRA which starred Jennifer Garner. Although I do feel that film was better than most people did. That being said, I think the additions of Daredevil and Bullseye to this film were great! Kim Santiago had the Elektra look and determination down solid. Adam Shorsten as Daredevil also did a good job showing sensitivity. Maybe too much though, since I like a more aggressive Daredevil. But, what made this movie stand out for me was Bullseye! Damien Colletti really made Bullseye's presence felt in the film. You could feel the evil and sinister characteristics of Bullseye come to life on the screen. He was scary! They made a great choice in his appearance too which looked like half comic book, half movie. Way better than Colin Farrell's Bullseye look in the ELEKTRA movie. This film had a great ending too! It made me want to see more and what happens next! I hope Chris continues to make more dark Marvel movies like this! I feel they're so much better than his DC comic films.
  • I have to agree with the two other posters that this is quite possibly the best rendition of Elektra and Daredevil yet. Its obvious this is a fan film, but man it delivers what its two Hollywood counterparts could not- faithfulness to the source material. Oh and to the one guy from Holland who hates this movie with an undying passion- you wouldn't know a good movie if it bit you in the ass.

This 20 minute short with probably a budget of nothing, accomplished what Hollywood would could not and bare in mind, Hollywood had millions of dollars, professional stunt crews, CGI and celebrities at their disposal.

Now for a tiny little fan film to upstage 2 multimillion dollar productions like that is just amazing. Keep that in mind when watching this film.

No money, no celebs, no CGI. Just true fans doing what they love.
  • elroy_geronimo1 February 2010
    WARNING DO NOT WATCH THIS!!!

11 minutes never felt so long and wasted... A real piece of crap, bad acting by ugly actors, lame action and a handy-cam like production value. No way this is an official Marvel release...which I all love. The other reviewer most be a deluded teen or someone involved with this monstrosity's, 'cause it ain't even worth a Razzie. There aren't enough words to describe just how bad this is, but here are a few; worst ever, dog-awful, atrocious, abominable, dreadful, painful, terrible, unspeakable, unwatchable, nauseating, dire,atrocious, abominable, deplorable, lamentable, pitiful, sad, sorry, frightful, hopeless, horrid, icky, crappy, lousy, rotten, shitty, stinky, incompetent, unskilled, mediocre, poor, no-good,uncool, unfavorable... Let's hope everyone involved with this project never make movies again.
  • I have never been a DareDevil fan really but i read some of the Kevin Smith ones and some of the Frank Miller stuff and enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Miller's Elektra work. So I, like many, hated both DareDevil and Elektra. This people is the movie we should have got. Oh, and it's a low budget fan film that's only about twenty minutes.

Really good. Has heart, substance and a lot of good acting. If you get a chance check this little movie out. It has a killer ending and a really good soundtrack choice.

Trust me you won't regret it! Not just for fans of the comics but for anyone who enjoys a good little movie.
    "Elektra: The Hand & the Devil" is an American 11-minute live action short film from 2009, so this one has its 10th anniversary two years from now. Back then writer and director Chris R. Notarile was in his mid-20s. He came up with the story together with Kim Santiago, the actress who plays the title character here. I personally must say I somewhat enjoyed the watch. We are in the universe of Daredevil, even if he is not the biggest and most central character this time. This is much more about Elektra and her struggles with villains and good guys as well as her oh so normal life in her human form. When rating this film, you have to keep in mind the production background. This is not a multi million dollar project. It is basically a fan film. And I believe Notarile proved here that he can also deliver when it comes to female central characters as well as non-horror films. I have seen and liked some of his other stuff too and this is another movie by him I enjoyed. A lot of that also has to do with lead actress Santiago, who played her part very well and of course is incredibly easy on the eye too. There is nothing wrong with this work. Quite the opposite. They managed to get in really a lot of plots and stories in these 10 minutes (without credits) and I was surprised how it never felt rushed. The rating here on IMDb is too low in my opinion. I recommend watching this little movie. You will hopefully enjoy it as much as I did.