27 November 2009 | DylansFearFiles
Can You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse...Again?
Left 4 Dead 2 is set one week after Left 4 Dead 1. In it, four strangers named Nick (a gambler and conman), Rochelle (A news producer), Coach (A health teacher and coach), and Ellis (a mechanic) team up to survive an outbreak of the "Green Flu" which causes people to behave like zombies (the Infected). There isn't just one type of Infected though. Here is all of them:
1. The Smoker- An Infected with a long tongue that can snatch survivors from a distance and constrict them.
2. The Boomer- A bloated Infected that can puke a bile on the survivors and attract a horde of Infected.
3. The Hunter- A hooded Infected that leaps long and high to pounce survivors and claw them to death.
4. The Tank- The biggest and baddest of the Infected that simply attacks with its strength and throws debris at the survivors.
5. The Spitter- This Infected spits and acid-goo that rules out the possibility of corner camping during crescendo events and if you stand in it too long it will kill you.
6. The Jockey- This Infected jumps on a survivor's head an steers them into danger.
7. The Charger- Another large Infected that charges at a survivor and pummels them into the ground.
8. The Witch- A crying Infected that if startled, will attack the Survivors.
9. The Common Infected- These are the normal Infected that you fight that will travel in "hordes".
10. The Uncommon Infected- These are types of Infected you only see on one map. They usually have varied abilities. For example: the Clowns on Dark Carnival attract hordes with their squeaky shoes.
The game is very fun with large improvements over the previous title. The game now has melee weapons to kill the Infected and a lot more guns. The variety of the maps is interesting and they are all connected, unlike the original Left 4 Dead.
The game is also more challenging. The bots aren't as good as they were in the first game is my only problem. Sometimes they will let you die or try to kill a Charger with pistols LOL. But overall the game is better than the first (which was my favorite game until I bought this one).
The multi-player is good. There is a new Scavenge mode, as well as a Realism mode, a versus mode and normal coop. Here is a breakdown of how the multi-player modes work:
1. Coop- Just you and a friend teaming up with two bots to survive a campaign.
2. Versus- A team of survivors trying to make it to rescue while a team of player controlled Infected tries to stop them.
3. Scavenge- The Survivor team tries to collect gas tanks to fuel up the rescue vehicle while the Infected team tries to kill them all before they can or cause as many gas drops as possible.
4. Realism- This mode is the same as campaigns except that you can't see the Survivor Halos (this causes you to have to stay together), the Witch can kill you instantly and the common/uncommon Infected take less damage to the body and cause you to have to shoot them in the head.
The only game types I've played are coop, Realism, Versus and the normal campaign. The Realism mode is a nice tough. Very challenging and causes you to work together more to survive, it makes the game feel less like 28 Days Later and more like the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead.
The game is great. I highly recommend it to fans of the first game.