User Reviews (385)

• snperera2 March 2017
    Love this film! no it is not like the original but it is great in it's own way! The prince is more developed as a character, the step-mother is still great, and Cinderella is great too. I think this Cinderella is more quiet and with that a quiet beauty and strength comes through her and it really shines. I love this movie and I will always love to watch this one and the original one.
  • Sure it's still got some of the dated gooey-ness of the original movie, sure Shrek's impact on savaging the Disney/fairy-tale formula can still be felt years after release, but Cinderella is a beautifully directed and cinematographed; and Kenneth Branagh did this?

Why do films like this exist in today's industry? Well franchising for one thing, and even though films like this are basically products in Disney's pipeline it CAN be well done given that the movie's got a determined director at the helm. And oddly, Branagh, the guy who directed films such as 1996's Hamlet, was just the guy to make Cinderella into a watchable film. It's pretty, has a good cast and has some nice tid-bits of humor here and there. And it's an update on the whole Disney-esque 'happily ever after' thing. Yes the story's the same but it gives some much-needed chemistry to Cinderella's and 'The Prince''s romantic charm. And... it works.

You don't need to be a girl or a gay to like this film; just see it for what it is: a harmless remake of an animation from the 1950s.
  • cecilecanonigo21 November 2016
    This movie is just magical! The message of the movie genuinely touched my heart and spirit, it was breathtakingly gorgeous! The colors, the cinematography, the costumes just wow and love the music! The only thing i would change is i would love it more if there's singing..Lily James have a very sweet mezzo soprano voice i love her singing "A Dream is a Wish" at the end of the movie. And yes The acting was so good i cried like so many times..my fave was Prince Kit and the King's scene,Lily crying when her dress was ripped and the first dance oh god it was magic! and the gown transformation was so epic! The lead actors chemistry is so strong.. i fell in love with them. This movie is so uplifting makes me do kind deeds every time! People saying it was boring have a heart of stone for real. This is Amazing and i can't wait for Beauty and The Beast.. Well done Disney!💙😘💋
  • This movie has been very poorly understood by the public. Unlike previous films, which seek to rewrite traditional fairy tales or watch them from new perspectives ("Maleficent", "Ever After", or even the animations "Brave" or "Tangled"), this film is the live-action version of the fairy tale in its more traditional version. Therefore, we know the whole story and very little has been changed or added. Any problem? Not for me. I usually like original versions more than any contemporary re-interpretations, but it seems that fairy tales have gone out of style.

One of the criticisms I saw was the Cinderella's passive attitude: the girl was educated under values of kindness and generosity (something our current society no longer knows) and isn't willing to abdicate these principles in adversity. Maybe she think that would betray her mother's memory. For our society, which treats the dead as unknown and the living even worse, such submission and servitude is unacceptable! The oppressed must revolt! Cinderella shouldn't serve the tea, she should take that teapot and stick it in her stepmother's throat! Or should she kick her feet and whine, saying "I don't do it, I'm sick of it"? If you are reading this and you're also think that Cinderella should revolt, then you're one more who has totally forgotten what a fairy tale is. A fairy tale is not about reality or what we do. It's about moral values and what we should do. And the moral teaching conveyed by this tale is that biblical passage "turn the other cheek", that you must have heard in Sunday School if you have frequented it. Cinderella's tale is entirely about this! She had the courage to silently endure her suffering and to forgive those who hurt her and, in the end, her reward was to fall in love with a prince and change her life. Her stepmother's punishment didn't delay: she ended up punished, but not by the person she most offended. Moral of the story: love your enemy and forgive, you will have the reward, sooner or later.

Well, the movie is great and is absolutely true to the original fairy tale, including with regard to costumes and sets, which are beautiful. Unfortunately, CGI is too obvious. I would have preferred realistic sets in proper locations rather than the green screen, which should be used with more caution. I have seen some criticism about the large neckline of Cinderella's dress but, in the historical period in which the tale was set (19th century), the ball dress were usually very low-cut. But don't complain! We see women with even fewer clothes on our streets today and we find it natural! Lily James and Cate Blanchett are the main actresses of the film and it is their work (as stepmother and stepdaughter) that supports the whole plot. Blanchett, unsurprisingly, shone with her usual charm, and the veiled but venomous malice she had bestowed on her character. James is an actress I didn't know but I liked to see, having done her work quite well. It's a young actress, surely this movie isn't going to be the movie of her life, but she left a promise of talent that may come to blossom. Helena Bonham Carter and Stellan Skarsgård also enter the film in supporting roles that their talent makes it seem easy.

This movie will easily please all those who want to watch a movie with the original Cinderella story. It's absolutely the same as the book our grandparents used to delight our childhoods. However, if you've gotten tired of it and prefer a modern version of the story this movie is not for you.
    I read some the very negative reviews and came to this conclusion.....

These people went to the movie but didn't really see it or they didn't even go to see it and just created a Trollish (and very short) review with no substance to it at all.

First off. Too many Cinderella remakes? Well, guess what? It'll be remade probably 20 years from now too. What does that have to do with how good or bad it was? For that matter,who cares? "Disappointing indeed", is something another said. What are the ways it was disappointing? No explanation,just an empty opinion.

"It is made for kids only and not for adults". Really?! I'm 46 and my girlfriend in her 30s. We saw this last night and enjoyed it just as much as the kids and (guess what?) their parents were enjoying it too.

A girl losing both of her parents? How in the world is that "for kids only"? I was amazed they dealt with it that directly and in a very mature manner, without making it too disturbing for very little kids.

"This movie was so boring." Okay again,"how" or in what ways was it boring? Just another blanket opinion.

"Nothing new?" It's a re-make of a 200 year old story,they have to tell it in mostly the way it was written but they did add something important, they gave all main/central characters real human qualities and emotions and even back-stories about who they are.

CGI animation & special effects are amazing & seamless here. The costumes and attention to how people would dress in that era is flawless. Every actor in this film is 100% into their role and best of all this movie "does" have heart,otherwise there'd be nothing to like about it.

A rip off of others or a "copy & paste" job : There's only one real storyline for Cinderella and that's (again) from the original story & book itself. Director Orlando and other filmmakers did not create Cinderella. He and they only made their own versions.

As for some alleging "Disney steals ideas"...aside from "a few" Cinderellas made before 1950, Disney pretty much made the definitive and animated one that year. Any later versions are remakes either good or just okay.

In case any haven't heard ,the movie industry is 112 years old,there's only so many "fresh" ideas anymore.

"The acting is/was so tasteless". What is that statement based on? There's nothing tasteless in the film at all. As for acting, does anyone really think it's easy to play such a "nice girl" as Ella and balance that against all the negative things happening to her? I'm not in show business but I certainly know the difference between a boring film and a good ,fun and entertaining one. This movie "is" a good movie,it has every element that it takes to be so.

Good actors, good directing,a well fleshed out script based on something already done before. ..and again, incredible detailed costumes and sets & again great special effects, that bring the illusion of that time period to life. The music score is excellent as well.

About the feminists. Ella is a very strong girl and then woman. To put up with all she did and went through after her parents passed on, is a testament not only to being a strong female but being a strong person in general.

I say that as a man raised by two good yet strong women.

It's far too easy for people to be negative in a review here on IMDb. It's easy to see, some come from just from wanting to be mean and negative because they want too,not because they actually saw the film.

Making a bad or boring film is a very easy thing too,when all involved don't make a real effort and just want to make money.

It takes a better use of one's mind to create a movie (and remakes) like Cinderella and have it be successful and as well done as this film.

Ten stars? I'll give Cinderella (2015) twenty! An AA++ and 100% perfect score. I will say and add that this movie will be an Oscar contender at next year's Academy Awards.

Anyone who rates it less did not open themselves up emotionally or even mentally to just enjoying it for what it is and always was & will be....a fairy tale. (END)
  • 3DSpecs1 February 2017
    My disappointment was hearing that critics had found fault with this work of perfection.

The characterisation has been thought through carefully and the temptation to make caricatures of the step-mother and her daughters consciously resisted.

The retelling of "Cinderella" (apparently known, in the 19th century, as "Cinderslut") with the benefits of modern techniques and processes is impeccable.

Often, films that are 'great works' suffer from some minor weakness or other, a detail not followed through, a hasty bit of editing, a clipped or overly long scene but never did I feel that could be said about Disney's film. "TLC" (tender loving care") from beginning to end.

True to Walt's original intentions, here is a film for all the family (well, some teenagers may want to wait a little).

Good luck, it's great to see memorable films making it to our screens.
  • Although this is about the stepmother, I want to first say that I found all the characters well portrayed and supported by an excellent script, cinematography, and of course a great director. I scanned some of the user reviews and for all those giving a very low rating it seems to me that they missed the essence of Cinderella - it is not supposed to be an action nor hard/boiled tale that apparently even some children want today and should not become such.

I particularly appreciated the stepmother's portrayal because it included clear justification for her anger and bitterness. Not to say given that justification she was correct to have done what she did. But a worthy lesson for us and particularly for children.

The specific scene I am referring to is when she overhears her husband telling his daughter how much he misses her mother, i.e., where is the love and support she desires - a more modern understanding of the difficulty of joining an existing family. This and other related scenes gives the stepmother a depth that makes her more real in place of the one-dimensional cartoon version - but what a joy that version was for me many years ago.
  • Right now Disney's current trend with their live-action films has been a series of live-action re-imaginings of their animated classics. Obviously this has proved to be a rather polarizing tactic amongst certain fans, namely because they believe that these are intended to replace the original films. Well I can assure you that this ain't the intention. You see the internet has this mentality about remakes that they're supposed to replace the original when that's not the case. Hell, even if they don't end up being very good, the original is not tainted in any way. And that's been the case with Disney's live- action remakes, even the ones that haven't been well-received like the 'Alice' films and 'Maleficent'.

'Cinderella', however, was the first of these remakes to actually be well-received by critics and rightfully so as it truly is a beautiful new adaptation of the story that Disney first told in their 1950 animated classic. The original 'Cinderella' is easily one of my all-time favorites when it comes to Disney's animated films so I was really excited to see this new version and I absolutely loved it. Sure it's basically just the same story as the original but it manages to update it by doing some things better than the original. Namely, the relationship between Ella and the Prince in this version is much more developed compared to the original where they immediately fall in love and only share a few scenes together. Lily James is absolutely fantastic in the role of Ella while Richard Madden proves to be, for lack of a better term, a very charming Prince Charming. Of course the rest of the cast is fantastic as well, from Cate Blanchett's excellent take on Lady Tremaine to Helena Bonham Carter's scene-stealing turn as the Fairy Godmother.

But like the original, the film has gotten some flak from feminists over its title character, Cinderella. The argument is that the character is too passive of a protagonist who only sits around waiting to be rescued. Now this is an argument I've never really agreed with. Sure Cinderella doesn't really do as much compared to some future Disney princesses but there's more to her than that. She really deserves credit for being able to put up with all of the crap she gets thrown her way by her evil stepmother and stepsisters. The film very much maintains the theme of encouraging people to 'have courage and be kind'. And let's face it folks... those are good words to live by in today's age.

Like I said before, these Disney remakes aren't replacing the originals. They're just here to serve as interesting new takes on their original source material. And as much I know I'm going to get a lot of flak for this by those who are opposed to the remakes... I think this new Cinderella is better than the original. Don't get me wrong the original is still an animated masterpiece but as a whole I feel that Kenneth Branagh delivered a fantastic adaptation that both reflects the original while also being its own thing.
  • Salamu Alaykum.

This movie from Walt Disney Pictures is great in its entertainment,direction,romance,perfect acting, amazing direction and script. It is hard for me to see how some people defame Walt Disney because of envy.

Cinderella is a top and successful movie that had already achieved more than 335 million US$ all over the world ( A very clear proof that Walt Disney Pictures are the best expert in making animation and excellent movies).

This film is a real terrific family movie you must all see whether you are children or adults.
  • miasunday-1865616 August 2016
    I'm not sure if I'm bias towards Disney films, but I personally thought this movie was incredible. I could connect with Cinderella and the design was absolutely stunning. The dress was beautiful and I loved how Cinderella changed from the beginning to the end but still held on to her values as a person. I also loved how I could understand the Stepmother and why she does what she does. When I finished this movie the message stayed with me. I don't usually like movies with "true love" but this movie made it work. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone. Cinderella's motives were very clear and I was rooting for her the entire movie
  • Overview: The story of Cinderella can be traced back to early Egypt, China, France, Germany and many other countries from around the world. The most well-known versions were written by Charles Perrault, Cendrillon, and by the Brothers Grimm, Aschenputtel. There have been countless film, television and stage adaptations of the iconic story, but the most well-known adaptation is Walt Disney's 1950 animated film.

I first fell in love with Walt Disney's animated film when I was just three-years-old. It was actually the first Disney film that I ever saw as a child. I can still remember being captivated by the story and singing along with the songs. It was as though a spell had been cast upon me, but the magic never wore off at midnight. There were no words to describe the level of excitement I had when I first found out that Disney was developing a live-action film of the timeless story.

Review: Tonight, I had the opportunity to attend an advance screening of the live-action version of Walt Disney's most beloved animated film, Cinderella. What I enjoyed most about the latest "animation to live-action" treatment, is that it's a relatively straightforward telling of the classic story. While Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent were unnecessary dark and edgy re- imaginings of their animated predecessors, Cinderella is retold respectfully and refreshingly for the new generation. And yes... IT'S NOT A MUSICAL!

The Cast: Lily James (Cinderella) and Richard Madden (Prince Charming) were rightfully chosen for their iconic roles. Lily truly captured the true essence of Cinderella's innocence, charm and beauty. Richard... those eyes... ahem... was truly charming in every sense of the word. I loved the chemistry between the Prince and Cinderella -- I don't think I've seen such chemistry between two characters in a Disney film for a very long time. It's very refreshing to see a fairy tale romance blossom!

Cate Blanchett (Lady Tremaine) and Helena Bonham-Carter (Fairy Godmother) were perfectly cast for their respective roles. Cate not only brought a lot of depth to her character, but you could tell she was enjoying the role as the malicious stepmother. Helena not only brought a bit of comic relief to the film, but she was definitely fun to watch -- although you can't help but wonder if Mrs. Weasley actually zapped Bellatrix Lestrange into a parallel universe. Hmm?

Director and Writer: I personally believe that Disney made the right decision to hire Kenneth Branagh to direct the film and Chris Weitz to write the screenplay. As I was watching the film on the big screen tonight, I could tell that they both approached the story with deep understanding and, most importantly, respect. I was genuinely relieved that it wasn't ruined by some unnecessary "dark" and "edgy" plot twist. Phew!

Score and Costumes: I absolutely loved Patrick Doyle's score for the film and found it to be quite fitting with the story. It was perfectly timed and it drew you into the fairy tale world. I'm definitely happy that I bought the soundtrack. Sandy Powell's costumes, though silly at times, were excellent. I don't think I've seen such beautiful designs and vibrant colours in one film since the Golden Age of Hollywood. I genuinely hope Sandy will be nominated for an Oscar next year for those stunning costumes. Bravo!

Sets and Special Effects: The film itself is a visual marvel -- especially for the fairy tale genre. I was truly swept away by the lavish sets that were designed by Dante Ferretti. I don't think I've seen such a breathtaking production since the late 1930's when Hollywood used to put a lot of effort into their sets. The special effects were equally breathtaking, with the dress transformation and the carriage-to-pumpkin scenes being two of my favourite visual highlights. Very impressive!

Running Time: My only disappointment was the running time of the theatrical cut. I personally believe that it should have been 10 minutes or 15 minutes longer to flesh out the story more. The film flowed smoothly and didn't feel rushed, but there were a number of scenes and dialogue that were, unfortunately, left on the cutting room floor. Hopefully Disney will release an extended cut, or include those deleted scenes on the home media release. You hear me, Disney?!

Verdict: Despite my issue with the running time, I genuinely believe that Disney did something right with their latest live-action film. While most people were probably expecting a sword-wielding action hero, I'm happy that Disney treated their most beloved character with the uttermost care and respect. While the previous live-action films were all about style, they lacked substance and, unfortunately, heart. Cinderella, however, has style, substance and, most importantly, heart. I'm genuinely happy that Disney kept the magic alive in this film. If Walt Disney himself were alive today, I'm sure he would be proud to see his most treasured little saviour be retold to the new generation in a beautiful and charming way. Bravo!

Note: Make sure to stay during the whole end credits as it's accompanied by Lily James singing a beautiful rendition of "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" and Helena Bonham Carter singing a much humorous version of "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo". A wonderful nostalgic tribute to the animated film!
  • I felt the story of Cinderella was was beautifully done. The acting was just as it should be for a fairy tale. The colours and the magic vibrant. The actors and actresses played their parts wonderfully.

Taking a story and making it into a movie most times is difficult. How we have interpreted the story can be very different from what the director envisioned.

As a lover of all fairy tales I enjoyed the movie. I believe all little girls and even grown ups like me can appreciate how well they did with the movie.

All in all it was well done.
  • Magical to say the least! Cinderella was truly magnificent. Like the beloved fairytale, Cinderella (Lily James) is a servant girl to her two ugly step sisters (Sophie McShera and Holiday Granger) and her cruel and unspeakably vile step mother (Cate Blanchett). However, when the king (Derek Jacobi) hosts a royal ball in order to find a suitable wife for his son (Richard Madden), who should appear but that servant girl dressed in a dazzling gown and glass slippers that were given to her by her very own fairy godmother (Helena Bonham Carter)? From the romance to the slightly altered plot, this movie was spectacular! The screenplay, although based off an old fairytale, still managed to be original and entertaining. The characters were wonderfully developed and the actors were able to play off of each other so well. As for Cinderella and Prince Charming, the romance could not be more believable. You could practically see sparks flying around the whole theater as they meet for the first time. The costumes were gorgeous and the music, beautiful. Everyone who worked on this film did an amazing job. This movie provides all the feelings of young love through a heart wrenching, romantic, and inspiring story of a dirty servant girl and one true Prince Charming. I give this movie 8/10 glass slippers!
    I don't know Why Walt Disney movies have become so dull and tasteless.

The story of Cinderella is a great story,but the acting is simply terrible and the movie is so boring.

The story of "Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella, whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine and her daughters Anastasia and Drizella into the family home. But when Ella's father suddenly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Finally relegated to nothing more than a servant girl covered in ashes, and spitefully renamed Cinderella since she works in the cinders, Ella could easily begin to lose hope.

Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella is determined to honor her mother's dying words to "have courage and be kind." She will not give in to despair, nor despise those who abuse her. And then there is the dashing stranger she meets in the woods. Unaware that he is really the prince and not merely an employee at the palace, Ella finally feels she has met a kindred soul. It appears as if her fortunes may be about to change when the palace sends out an open invitation for all maidens to attend a ball, raising Ella's hopes of once again encountering the charming "Kit." Alas, her stepmother forbids her to attend and callously rips apart her dress. But as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand as a kindly beggar woman steps forward and, armed with a pumpkin and a few mice, changes Cinderella's life forever.

Disney failed to make a masterpiece from this cliché.Most kids including my children hated this film and found it boring and uninteresting.

The story of Cinderella has been extremely overused.I don't know why Disney insists on making a new modern version from this cliché!. Definitely Disney needs to make a lot of money. I advise you to avoid this movie,but if you wanna see this movie,see it on your own responsibility!.
  • There have been too many versions of the movie Cinderella and this modern version was so disappointing indeed.

It is made for kids only and not for adults.

The movie was so boring.

Walt Disney Pictures did not offer anything new in this dull and outdated sequel.

The remake was much worse than copy and paste.A lot of imitation of Cinderella movies and nothing original.

Walt Disney stole all the ideas and movie plot from Orlando Corradi. See Orlando Corradi's Cinderella Movie and See The Shocking Evidence How Disney is clever in Rip Off & Theft.

The Acting is so tasteless.

See the original version and avoid this imitated version!.
  • Cinderella is the worst movie and a cliché remake by Walt Disney Studios.

Are Walt Disney so desperate to rip off and copy all Cinderella movie scenes and to make a very bad copy.

I saw the previous Cinderella movies (especially the original Cinderella movie) they were too much better and well done than this stolen and pirated copy movie.

Why would the producers of Walt Disney Studios make a very boring film which even kids might hate because of the absence of creativity.

To be honest and to tell the truth: I regret seeing this film because it is only made for babies to fool them.

Avoid this movie and watch the original first copy because it is superior,while this pirated and rip off movie is so inferior if not the worst movie ever made.
  • It is so pathetic that Disney's Remake was extremely bad unlike the genuine Cinderella movie.

Unfortunately Disney in its easy copying of the original movie achieved a total failure.

The weakness of this film if compared to the previous sequels it would simply appear as a cliché.

Disney pictures will rely on heavy advertising in order to attract the audience to see it.

If you are looking for creativity and an interesting movie, this film will not cheer you up.

If you have much money and you got much free time to waste then all you have to do is see this awful movie.
  • jjbudelis8 April 2015
    My daughters were so excited to see this one, what a complete disappointment!

Even Kate Blanchet couldn't save it. The real problem was the script. Nothing new added to the original story, vague plot, and BORING! The set and actual picture of it was magnificent, but sadly lost in the mediocre acting and sappy sad story.

I'd so much rather watch the original Disney cartoon. If you're looking for a Maleficent style re-do of the classic story then watch Ever After with Drew Barrymore.

Honestly, there were parts of this movie that made me cringe to think my daughters were watching. Was Disney trying to redeem the story with the be brave and kind line? At one point, Cinderella states that spending one night with the prince would make memories to keep her warm for the rest of her life. Really? And they couldn't find a dress that would hold her breasts? I kept thinking maybe the target audience was actually 13 year old boys!! I was so bored I wanted to get up and leave.

Even my girls, who watched intently, left disappointed and said afterward that it was "okay." Now that's an honest review of this movie! Disney sure disappointed with this one.
  • What sets "Cinderella" apart from the string of movies adapted from fairy tales and other popular literary works these days, is that it pays tribute with utmost respect to its original source material. The movie bears little effort to deviate from the animated classic of the same title, and obviously eyes young children as its target audience, making it hardly a reimagining, but plainly a retelling. Through this simplicity, though, the attempt works with immense success.

Cinderella, unlike last year's Maleficent's dark take, is sprinkled with bright, vivid glistening colors. Even the stepmother and stepsisters are not as brutal and heartless as we've always remembered them from the fairytale. Well, of course, one can't expect these antagonists to be as kind as we'd like to imagine them to be, but still, that wicked stepmother we always knew, is missing.

As always, central to any fairytale, is a lingering message of love, and all other similar anthems radiating around it. Surely, the same can be said with Cinderella, as it emphasizes courage and kindness. Perfection may not be totally applicable, nonetheless, Cinderella's flaws are the very things that let those small yet perfect moments shine: the short yet magical encounter between Ella and the fairy god- mother, the first time she met the prince, and the royal ball dance. Added to that, is a little humor too, courtesy of the fairy godmother and the little creatures that assumed bigger forms (some in human) through her magic, and, surprisingly, the step sisters.

Cinderella is barely something new, but what makes it memorable is that it brings something we've always only imagined, into life, taking nothing from it or adding something to it to push the story off its original course. On moments when Ella and the prince are put into the spotlight, the musical score conjures its own magic to bring the magnitude of romance into magical levels. It will come across as just another story we love, but maybe that's what makes it strike a chord, an experience worth going through again and again. Visually stunning and emotionally-charged, Cinderella hits home in delivering this universally loved story.
    I was disgusted by the disparaging portrayal of Cinderella in this film, and the weak role model she represents to children. Throughout the film there were frequent times when Cinderella could have stood up to her step-sisters and step-mother who bullied her. But instead she takes the rather dubious moral high-ground of "I must be kind and courageous". Since when did being 'kind' equate to being a dupe and a push over? Of course it all works out well for Cinderella who is rescued by her fairy god mother and prince - a great lesson to teach our children...not. With her continual chatting to animals and air-headed behaviour I was inclined to believe that her step-sisters were correct - Cinderella was a simpleton. At which point I lost all interest and rather hoped the prince would marry the wicked step- mother, who at least had a backbone. The film ended with the surmise that Cinderella was courageous (in case you had any doubts) as she faced the prince without makeup and a flouncy dress on - well done Cinderella. I too can't bear to face a man without looking my utmost prettiest and best. Oh, one last thing Cinderella - if you had really wanted to wear your dead mothers 'pink' dress to the ball, what were you thinking when you let the fairy godmother turn it into a blue meringue? Oh sorry I forgot...you have to be "kind".
  • Cinderella 2015 is a rubbish movie even for kids.

This is not a new creative movie, but rather a dull copy of Cinderella's fairytale.

Once again Disney tries to warp the minds of children into believing that fictional creatures can create the impossible. (The scene when the lizard used his tail to close the gate was one of these scenes which delude kids that Lizards could perform miracles.

Disney has been exposed of using hidden sexual images in their drawings in order to corrupt and pervert kids. Search for hidden sexual images in Disney's animation.

Honestly, I don't have anything personal against Disney,but I have found out that they had already lost the glamour.

The acting was poor in general and the cinematography was too ordinary.No innovation whatsoever in this remake.

I advise you to save your money and time and to avoid this film.

Disney's massive advertisement of Cinderella simply aims at deluding you and tempting you to see a worthless movie and to make profits at the expense of naive children who always believe the manipulatory media.
  • This is not the worst remake in film history. I have never understood the idea of a remake at all. If an anime, like "Cinderella Monogatarie", is so good to start with why on earth do you want to try and improve on it? If you insist on tampering with perfection, why then do you have to try to recreate it in it's whole? There is nothing original here. Kenneth Branagh put nothing of himself into this film.

They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, but this is ridiculous. There are a lot of sides to a parable as complex as Cindarella, and I suspect that Branagh may have wanted to explore them. Instead the studio forced him into sticking to a cheap live-action imitation of the popular anime.

In the end, Kenneth Branagh set out to pay homage to a great anime. Instead he cheapened it, and created a movie that is not worthy of late night cable.
  • They stole the entire movie from Orlando corradi's version of Cinderella which was fantabulous creation. I never knew they were such cheats. Guys do check out Orlando corradi's anime version of Cinderella... And you'll know all.

They've got whole storyline running from there. It's just that it's not an animation this time. Orlando Corradi's version is really old one. They needed people's attention and praises so cheated whole thing from someone else. How cheap, isn't it?

Corradi is no more I guess... But still I think his works are worth an applause. Maybe it's just because am a big fan of animes but this is too much. Never ever gonna watch this Disney's version. I feel bad for Corradi.
  • bravesfanc21 March 2015
    With what seems like a million different versions of this classic fairytale, you would think Disney would go all out and make this one new and exciting but still keep the core parts the same. However, what you get is a very outdated movie with acting that is mediocre at best.

The only part I found interesting and enjoyable on film is when the fairy godmother (played by Helena Carter) shows up and does her thing. Turning the pumpkin into a carriage etc.

The animated version will always be the best but I don't think even young girls will be able to enjoy this. Just way too dull and it felt like an eternity.
  • Tired of seeing reviews bashing this film because the central character is not "feminist" enough. This is the story of Cinderella. And it was executed beautifully.

If you wish to create your own film about a politically-correct Cinderella, be my guest.

It can be about a young girl who attempts to prove her equality to men by sleeping with every other dude she meets in college.

She can meet a handsome and kind "prince" who she quickly dumps because he is "too nice."

Then she can continue to date a string of "bad boys" who treat her poorly and wonder why they keep cheating on her and breaking her heart.

Then, when she is 40, she will lament to her feminist friends that all the good guys are taken and her childbearing days are over.