19 October 2011 | higgythepiggy
Who cares if it isn't like the books?!
I'd be pushing myself to say that this show is a ten but I'm so tired of seeing posts about how this show is nothing like the books. You know what? They sold the rights to make the show, deal with it! Gossip Girl & Pretty Little Liars did the same thing and just look how much those books differ from the books (from what I've heard and read). If it were like the books vertebrata then people would just buy the books. I personally haven't read the books so it is easy for me to say that.
This is about the SHOW not the books.
My problems with the show:
1) Why did it take us so long to figure out what a "lying game" was and why isn't that more incorporated into the show? The mid-season just aired in the USA & we still really have no real clue to how that all ties into the story-line.
2) As much as I'd love to love Alexandra Chando I'm having a hard time with her acting as Emma. I just don't believe it. I like her as Sutton though.
3) We get it, the kids like to be romantic and it is all nice and beautiful. I really don't need that much. Cut the romance stuff, this coming from a girly girl.
4) GIVE ME SOME BACK STORY! It is killing me! (However it is also keeping me tuned in. ;D)
5) It reminds me of a soap-opera for women between the ages of 14-25. (Funny enough that is another reason I am tuned in. I like over the top. If it wasn't, then there really wouldn't be any story to tell and it wouldn't be as fun to watch.)
What I personally like:
1) Not going to lie, the only reason I stayed tuned in is because I saw "Ty" (Blair Redford) from "Switched at Birth" as Ethan. Yes, he's hot. Yes, he's a bad boy. I also have to give him credit where credit it earned, HE IS A GOOD ACTOR! Then I saw Alice Greczyn (Lincoln Heights), Kristen Prout (Kyle XY), Adrian Pasdar (HEROES!!!), Helen Slater (Gigantic) and Andy Buckley (The Office). I mean, come on! A cast like that had to have signed on to something good.
2) Not going to like, I like the drama, the teenage-esque problems and the fashion.
3) I honestly like the writing. To the person who said they wrote similar stories while they were in high school, then why don't you like the show? And if you had then you'd be a famous screen writer now wouldn't you? I like the cliff hangers. It makes me want to watch more.
While my con list is longer than my pro list realize that aspects of the flaws are also some of my favorite things about the show. I say give the show a shot. Great acting, great writing and I can see things getting ironed out by the end of this season or by season two.