User Reviews (210)

• Retired C.I.A. agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) and his retired but extremely dangerous operatives are back to face danger again. There's a nuclear threat to be snuffed out but things really could go either way...

It's pretty much more of the same really, which apparently hasn't been enough for some critics who wanted a different movie. It's not as if this is lazy, yes it's still Frank and his aged assassins fighting old age as well as an outside threat, but there's a flip-flop in plotting and the additions of Anthony Hopkins, Byung-hun Lee and Catherine Zeta-Jones are most welcome. It's also so nice to see the adorable Mary-Louise Parker get a substantial part this go around, while Helen Mirren (still sexy and gorgeous in her late 60s) is delightfully sociopathic!

Red 2 is full to the brim with acting talent who are in on the fun joke of it all. Action is never in short supply and the pace is never allowed to sag by director Dean Parisot. The characters remain strong thanks to the screenplay (Jon and Erich Hoeber) and the airy humour is consistent and keeps the violence grounded. Basically, this is a hugely enjoyable ball of action based froth. 7/10
  • This was a very enjoyable film. The story continues with the retired - and more dangerous than anybody else - agents. Frank and his comrades find themselves treading all over the globe and finding conflict at each stop.

If you haven't seen the first film, you can still enjoy this piece. You won't understand all of the relationships immediately, but the story stands on its own. And it does a very good job at that.

The movie was so much fun. It had clever and well-thought out jokes throughout the film. The jokes kept coming and were very skillfully timed.

The action was thrilling. Along with the jokes, non-stop action to get your blood pumping filled this film. They kept the same feel of cool, unreasonable stunts and explosions from the first movie, but they also added a lot more hand-to-hand combat, which was still very amusing to watch and excellently choreographed.

The acting was great and the story was well-written with actual twists. The soundtrack and sound effects made all the guns and explosions that much more convincing and enjoyable.

This film had a much higher body count than the last one, but still managed to keep it pretty light-hearted. If you liked the first one, this film will not disappoint. If you haven't seen the first one it's still very entertaining to watch.
  • If you liked the first RED, and understood what it was and what is wasn't, you should be completely entertained by RED 2. We were lucky enough to see an advanced showing before the naysayers started spreading their naying and we walked out of the theater last night laughing, quoting, and discussing the movie - always a good sign! This is not a movie that needs to be over-analyzed... as my husband said, "It was exactly what I was hoping it would be." which is, more interesting characters played by top notch well-known actors getting into all kinds of far-out situations. Great lite summer fare and we will definitely be re-watching this one again when it hits the premium cable channels (just like we have with RED).
  • Jack Vance4 April 2014
    Red 2, like the original Red, is not meant to be taken seriously. In many of my other reviews I come down hard for ridiculous plot lines and lack of believability, but this flick was never intended to be taken seriously on any level. It is a comical take on action/spy movies and so it matters not what liberties are taken.

If you enjoy Bruce Willis being Bruce Willis, you like non-stop action and you are in the mood for some mindless entertainment, it is worth a watch. No thinking required.

Personally, I enjoyed the original Red and I like watching the "old codgers" play it up on the action scene. Yes, Helen Mirren is certainly getting old, but she still exudes sex appeal (which has little to do with age or looks) and she is amazingly credible as an action hero. I'd love to see her star in some serious action/spy films.

Malkovich is his usual self and plays a small uninspired role. The surprise for me was Anthony Hopkins. He didn't have too much to do here, but more than I thought. He could have fluffed his way through a film like this, but he took the role as seriously as any other and his performance enhanced the film.

The humor in this one is not side splitting but it works. They could have hit us over the head with tired, old-timer gags but they were smart and didn't really go that route in this sequel. Overall, I have seen far, far worse in this genre.

Just remember this is an over-the-top kind of movie. It's not even close to a typical action comedy. This one has more unbelievable fights, gunfire, chases and general absurdities than five garden variety action flicks combined. I usually don't like super-action movies with nothing but explosions and bullets every two seconds, but in this film the action works and the light comedy keeps pace with it.

Watch Red 2 when you want to shut down your brain for a little while and relax with some good old American, explosive, violent, unapologetic, save-the-world, comedic entertainment.
  • My quick rating - 7,1/10. The over the hill spies are at it again. The first movie was thoroughly enjoyable and I have to say this sequel is on par with the first. Quality action scenes edited together very well to keep the motion going without getting lost. Actors put in enough character to drive the spy-game storyline through enough to make you care about it and not just sit back and watch guns blaze. Anthony Hopkins character was exceptionally well done and was a needed jolt into the flick for sure. It is a rare occasion that you can say the sequel may have been better then the first but.....

Well, I will have to let you decide that one. All and all a well made picture.
  • If you liked the first RED, you will like this second in the series. Trust me on this. It was funny, witty, snappy, lively, sarcastic, engrossing and entertaining. I literally walked out of the movie trying to figure out what stick the critics have up their butts, since it was IN NO WAY inferior to the first film. Period. Now, you could quibble with the first film, if you want, but you could quibble with almost any movie. You could complain about inconsistencies, impossibilities, character schtick, etc. etc. etc. But none of those were significant problems in the first, and none of them are problems in the second.

It is fun, escapist entertainment that is a very worthy successor to the original. So please feel free to see this movie. And enjoy it.
    Red 2, a sequel to the popular Red, has Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Mary Louise Parker, and John Malkovich back in the saddle, with Willis, Mirren, and Malkovich again dragged into their old jobs. Parker, who became Willis' girlfriend in Red, insists on going along.

This time the group is called upon because one of their old missions, Nightshade. The purpose of Nightshade was to smuggle a nuclear weapon into Russia piece by piece. Marvin Boggs (Malkovich) informs Frank Moses (Willis) that there are people following them, but Frank, interested in a normal life now, doesn't buy it. However, the second time Boggs returns to try to convince him, Boggs' car blows up and Boggs seems to be dead.

After Boggs' funeral, Frank is taken to a facility and questioned. A man named Jack Horton (Neal McDonough) enters the facility and starts obliterating everyone. He wants info from Frank, but the not dead Marvin breaks in and gets Frank out. Now they're on the run, with Sarah.

Victoria (Mirren) tells them she has accepted a contract from MI6 to kill Frank. She's not the only assassin. A major hit man, Han Jo-bae (Lee Byung-hun) gets a contract on Frank too from another source.

Victoria, who helps burn their car) It comes down to finding the inventor of the bomb, trying to find out where he hid it, and get it before opposing factions can use it.

Action-filled, funny, and wacky, with a tremendous cast that also includes Anthony Hopkins, this is a wonderful film, done in several European locations, so the scenery is great. I just wish Helen Mirren had had more to do. She's a scream as the chic, glamorous Victoria, wandering out into the road wearing fatigues and carrying a rifle, talking on the phone while pouring acid into a tub, and shooting two guns, one out of each window.

Everyone is terrific. Highly recommended.
  • This film is about the missions of a bunch of retired ex-spies who are still extremely dangerous.

It's refreshing to have an action comedy! It's not easy to have all the killings and explosions happening, and yet maintaining a light hearted and fun tone. "Red 2" succeeds again in reaching the balance, making it enjoyable and fun. There are many cool scenes such as Helen Mirren firing guns with both hands towards opposite directions from a car. Mary Louise Parker's character is also fun, she seems not to know how to do anything but she is still so cool and funny. It's nice to see an action film having a big female presence, it's such a pleasant change. All the characters I enjoyed watching "Red 2", and maybe there will be another sequel?
  • RED 2 equals or even surpasses RED! This is a movie for people who enjoy sitting back and being entertained by fancy camera work, a story that has a plausible plot, smart dialog (Jon and Erich Hoeber), astute direction (Dean Parisot), and most of all a cast of some of cinema's finest actors who look like they are having such a great time you don't want the at times rather silly movie to end.

The plot, twisted and turned now and then just to keep us glued, is simple that of a retired C.I.A. agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) who reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. The team includes John Malkovich (absolutely hilarious role for him), Mary-Louise Parker (often stealing the show), Helen Mirren (gorgeous as ever and having the time of her life knocking off just about everybody who gets in her way). The other folks who are on varying sides of the law (nobody really plays by the rules) include Anthony Hopkins (in stellar form), Catherine Zeta-Jones, David Thewlis, Brian Cox, Byung-hun Lee (in a brilliantly choreographed martial arts role and the physique to match), Neal McDonough, and Tim Pigott-Smith among others.

No, it is not deep, but it is silly and funny and entertaining and an exceptionally good time. This cast deserves an ensemble award! Grady Harp, November 13
  • All you can eat action,car chases, explosions, old timers fun, traveling across Europe and the US.Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis and John Malkovich is John Malkovich.Great actors, having fun in this action thriller that will not keep you on the edge of the chair,yet will put a smile and occasional laugh on you face.As one tries to compare to the original,some feelings of disappointment may crawl your thoughts.With that said this great team with Helen Mirren and others are great fun for almost 2 hours of CIA/MI6/KGB/FBI playing as well unorganized orchestra together and one against each other.No one better than Anthony Hopkins to cast to his specific role.He is brilliant!
  • The retired CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) is in love with Sarah Ross (Mary-Louise Parker) and enjoying their normal life in two. Out of the blue, Marvin Boggs (John Malkovich) meets Frank in the supermarket and tells that the Wikileaks has released the information that they had participated and know the whereabouts of the Nightshade, a portable nuclear weapon that was smuggled in pieces and hidden in Russia. Now the top agents on the world are under contract to seek them out to know where Nightshade is.

The trio travels to Paris and teams-up with the Russian Katja (Catherine Zeta-Jones) to track down the former Russian Agent The Frog (David Thewlis) to get more information about the operation. They learn that the brilliant inventor Dr. Edward Bailey (Anthony Hopkins) might know where the weapon is. They discover that Bailey has been interned in an asylum in London by the MI-16 for thirty-two years and the British Victoria (Helen Mirren) joins the team. They rescue Bailey and find that the nuclear device is hidden in the Kremlin. Soon the dangerous South Korean Han (Byung-hun Lee) joins the group expecting to retrieve the weapon. But the dangerous killer Jack Horton (Neal McDonough) is hunting Frank down and will not stop until he recovers the nuclear bomb.

"Red 2" is the sequel of "Red" that keeps the same level of entertainment of the first movie. The plot is full of action and humor and works perfectly, supported by a stellar cast and magnificent locations. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Red 2: Aposentados e Ainda Mais Perigosos" ("Red 2: Retired and Still More Dangerous")
  • Red 2 is a good movie with a reasonably well developed storyline and a terrific cast. It's a lot of fun, simple as that, the whole cast seem to be enjoying themselves and because of that I had a fun time watching it, it's a lot funnier than the original, does not take itself as seriously, much lighter on character development. The story is very simple and straight forward, but a star studded cast that includes Bruce Willis, John Malcovich, Helen Mirren and Anthony Hopkins make this a very enjoyable two hours. I did feel the story was really lacking in depth, it just seems to move along piece by piece, no moment is really significant or gratifying for the audience, it never tried to make this sequel stand out on its own. I did not enjoy the love issues which erupt between Frank and Sarah as a result of Catherine Zeta-Jones' character, it all felt very forced and created an annoying persona for Mary Louise Parker, making her nowhere near as cool as or likable as she was in the original, she was a strong character then, here she is simply a love interest. It certainly has its flaws but Red 2 mostly makes up for it with its pure fun and optimistic cast, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good action or comedy.

A retired secret agent and his girlfriend get dragged in to a race to find a nuclear bomb.

Best Performance: Anthony Hopkins
    If you watched the first part of Red you will be rather disappointed. Even such amazing actors as Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Anthony Hopkins didn't help. It's just very boring. For a whole movie the viewer is waiting for something to happen but it's just not happening. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of action but... Let's just say everything is very easy to predict.Cartoon edits, which look like being taken from marvel comics and pop in every once in a while, are very annoying. It looks as if this movie is good only in the prism of ads of Pringles, lotus, Papa Johns. Those brands are very well highlighted. It makes you want to think if those companies paid to produce this movie or if it is just a happy coincidence. Second part is almost never as good as a first one but in this case it's just very bad.
  • I had great expectations for this one! And hopefully they came true! This is a must see, action packed and funny adventure!

The cast is superb! The new characters make the movie even more enjoyable than the first one while the relationship between Frank and Sharah is well tested and explored! I also loved the fact that the scriptwriters decided to expand the action in different cities outside the US, like Moscow and Paris. And the plot is much more solid but I'm not gonna reveal anything. Malkovich is RED's Jack Sparrow. His performance is awesome! This guy's line can make you laugh when you are not expecting it! I also want to praise Willis' amazing facial expressions! Watching him being surprised or irritated is just great!

In total, RED 2 is much better than the first one, and I really love the first film. You should check it out if you like funny, entertaining and action packed movies! You won't regret it!
  • Some have suggested that Red2 is better than Red. However, I had the opposite reaction. I was hoping for an intelligent script interlaced with some good humor. For me, Red2 had neither. Rather, it focused on an endless parade of unrealistic car chases, gun fights, hand-to-hand combat and pyrotechnics. If that's your recipe for a good movie, you'll enjoy Red2. However, if you're looking for a thoughtful, sophisticated crime drama with originality, Red2 is not for you. It simply serves up a huge plate of the same action clichés you've seen numerous times before. Plus, it's a shame that the acting talents of Helen Mirren and Anthony Hopkins were wasted on Red2. There are no surprises here. Red2 is quite predictable. You won't be sitting on the edge of your seat.
    Some assumptions. You saw RED. You liked RED. Combine the first fact and the second fact and we end up with a third assumption. You are checking out RED2 because you are expecting something akin to RED1. Foolish viewer. You have fallen into the most common trap that viewers are snared by these days. You have assumed that Hollywood works in a logical manner and sequels are extensions of what went before. Wrong. Hollywood, historians of the future will note, is a giant cash flow machine run by individuals so wealthy that, more often that not, they will tinker and toy with the workings of the machine just to make themselves feel more important than they actually are. This deep dark secret is the key to why so many sequels bare so little resemblance to the films that started the franchise. (Another analogy would be a xerox of a xerox of a xerox. By the time you get to the 3rd xerox usually made in some obscure place like Canada for 1/3 the budget of the original -- and it shows -- any similarity to the original is merely coincidental.) Which brings us to Red2. Red1 was a clever action film, built on a great premise, that worked especially well because of our familiarity with talent. Familiar talent. Old friend talent. Talent that releases happy juice -- serotonin -- in the brain when we watch. Red2, aside from being overlong, inconsistent, and based on the wacky ensemble comedies of the 60s, along the lines of ITS A MAD MAD MAD WORLD -- is a comedy with occasional moments of action. Big difference. The real surprise in the film, and a pleasant one at that, is Mary Louise Parker, the only actor in the project who looks like she is having fun, and the actor who consistently steals scene after scene from much more seasoned names. As she ages, and she ages well, she is developing "cartoon eyes" and she uses these time and again in the film to salvage scenes which otherwise would not be funny at all. There are so many things wrong here, I would exceed the IMDb word limit if I listed them all. Here is just a friendly tip to the producers if they ever try anything like this again. When you are casting a Russian agent (Zeta-Jones in Red2) it would be surprisingly useful to find someone that can actually do a Russian accent. Only for the terminally bored or fans of Ms. Parker.
    "Frank" (Bruce Willis) and "Sarah" (Mary-Louise Parker) are just trying to lead ordinary lives when "Marvin" (John Malkovich) appears out of nowhere and is subsequently killed right in front of them. After the funeral Frank is arrested and taken to a facility to be interrogated about a top-secret project he supposedly had knowledge of in his former capacity as a CIA agent. Unfortunately, while being interrogated, a group of trained assassins break in with the intent to kill him. He manages to escape and this results in a race by certain governments to either kill him to contain the information or to capture him in order to acquire the information. Now, although this film wasn't necessarily bad, I personally believe that it failed to live up to the hype and the level of the first movie. For starters, there were too many characters thrown in with not enough film to go around for all of them. That said, I liked the addition of both Catherine Zeta-Jones (as "Katja") and Anthony Hopkins ("Dr. Bailey Evans"). But Byung-hun Lee (as "Han Cho Bai") wasn't needed and his performance was too clichéd and unpolished. Likewise, the reintroduction of "Victoria" (Helen Mirren) and "Ivan" (Brian Cox) was too obvious and clumsy. Further, the main characters who made the last film a success weren't given the material that played up to their strengths. For example, Frank wasn't the baddest character on the block—Han Cho Bai was--and it diminished Frank's status somewhat. Likewise, Marvin wasn't nearly as crazy or funny and Sarah seemed to lose the two things that made her special in the first film-- her innocence and vulnerability. So essentially what we had was a collection of characters thrown against the wall to see which ones would stick. And some things just didn't seem to work. In short, it wasn't as good as the first movie. I rate this movie as average.
  • s don23 July 2013
    Saw the cast and so i assumed it would be half decent. It wasn't. "Kids, what happens in the Kremlin, stays in the Kremlin." Seriously? who writes this nonsense?

John Malkovich trying to be funny but just looking weird. Why was the Korean guy there??

He had zero part to play regarding the plot or even the movie as a whole. I know why...the Asian market. and that is what this nonsense is about...getting a few more bucks from mugs like us.

Then Helen Mirren as some kind of OAP super hero. The scene with her and the Korean guy in the blue sports car is the point i walked out.

And where did all these sports cars come from? people these days seem content with guns, explosions, fats cars. Give.me.a.break.
  • i consider this a cheap shot at making big bucks for the "stars" of this messy foolishness. why any of them would lend their time (certainly not talent) to this waste is beyond me. helen mirren, john malkovich, anthony hopkins and catherine zeta-jones must be desperate for yet more homes to have contributed to this gun-mad, explosion heavy, shoot-em up. the references to the aging aspects of the characters does nothing but create even more cheesy-ness to this waste of time. i gave it a 2 only because there are several minuscule moments of entertainment thanks to malkovich's facial expressions.....though truly, even those are so affected......think i'll change it to a one. don't go.
    Every year there's always a parade of seemingly unnecessary sequels, the thing with Red 2 is that I thought that the first Red had a good enough concept with fun enough characters that it would be a blast to revisit them. Boy, was I wrong. Red 2 is just a boring movie that tries too hard. None of the action is real exciting, none of the jokes ever really work, and all of the actors just seem bored here. While Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren are all back as retired secret agents on the run, the film lacks the wit and charm of its predecessor. Not to mention the fact that the plot makes little to no sense, is bloated with too many underdeveloped characters, and therefore I just don't care. Honestly, this is the first movie in a long time that I seriously thought about leaving the theater after about midway through. The only shining light is Anthony Hopkins as a deranged mad scientist, other than that, Red 2 is a complete misfire.

I give Red 2 a 4 out of 10!
  • dougkostelnik2 August 2013
    This was one of the choppiest movies I can remember seeing in a long time. The editing was horrid. Scenes would change nonsensically and cuts seemed random. Terrible acting, terrible story, poorly directed, not funny (the "jokes" seemed forced). I would almost say they created this second movie from cuts swept up from the floor from the first movie.

The characters were hollow representations of the original ones. The subplots were plain ridiculous and seemingly hacked together.

I was greatly disappointed with this movie. I found nothing redeeming about it at all.
  • Red 2 is a globe trotting adventure that spans across the US and Europe. This film is the sequel to 2010's Red and it is just as good as the original particularly in its action and spot on comedy.

The plot is as follows: Retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device.

Many of the stars from the first film return including Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, and Mary-Louise Park. Along with them there ate newcomers Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung-hun Lee, and Anthony Hopkins. The cast really has great chemistry and John Malkovich really delivers particularly in his comedy.

Red 2 shines in its action, comedy, and acting. The best part about Red 2 is how it further develops these characters and has fun while doing so.

The bottom line is watch this movie if your a fan of the first film or have any interest in it as its one fun ride that leaves you satisfied and excited for the next chapter. 10/10
  • I was misguided by good reviews on IMDb. I thought, maybe this time they really somehow managed to make decent sequel (rare phenomena, as you know, especially, in comedy field). But no – this was typical sequel (crap) – stuffed with "used to be popular but aging fast" movie stars doing pseudo-intellectual blah-blah-blah whenever they have a slightest chance (this time it was "marriage consultations" for Willis and his girlfriend). As a comedy it was a crap (as it was NOT funny), and also it was a crap as an action movie (better go and see some James Bond or Mission Impossible if you are looking for some action). Not even close to the original RED. Believe me. Do not waste your time on this BS.
  • Disclaimer: If you are a viewer that mainly prefers art-house-type movies, then you might as well ignore this review. In addition, if you're not able to take an action packed comedy sequels filled with humor than ignore this review, as well. We'll both be better off.

Red 2 (2013) in my opinion is a good movie as the first one, but I still prefer the first movie better than this. The first time I saw it, I thought it was okay. But than again watching both movies separately on Blu-ray I realized I love the first one much better than this one. I like this movie not love just like. But the things that bothered me was this movie was time by time boring unlike the first one. I just got really tired and bored watching it for 2.hrs. You have now a new additions on the cast Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung Hun Lee & Neal McDonough and director Robert Schwentke was replaced by new director Dean Parisot. Karl Urban was replaced by Byung Hun Lee who played Storm Shadow in both G.I. Joe flicks. I was little upset that Karl Urban was replaced and he wasn't in this movie. Still I think Byung Hun Lee did an excellent job in this movie. Everyone in this movie does a great job.

John Malkovich did an outstanding job playing repressing his role back again as Marvin Boggs and the were full of laughs in it. The story was great and the action was good. I still love the new characters in this, Anthony Hopkins as two face person did a convincing job and believable acting, I seriously love the twist on the end of the movie. Anthony Hopkins Is amazing in this film, the role is perfect and the accent just makes it so awesome, the most bad ass villain ever. The humor in this movie is good, the face off between good and evil is good. The story works and you keep guessing what will be next. Mary-Louise Parker as Sarah Ross is even more hotter than she was in the first movie and a little more sexy than ever. She is gorgeous and does a lot of spy stuff in here, she is like Lucy she wants to do everything in this movie. The movie is really funny and entertaining. I know a lot of people prefer this one over the first one, even my friend told me this one is better. I will still stay by my own opinion and I will always enjoy Red more than Red 2 sorry fans. It is an entertaining movie, Catherine Zeta Jones character was flat, but it served the B story. Mirren-Cox couple was down right cute, John Malkovich was hilarious again, Mary-Louise Parker great, learning the spy trade was slap stick funny, Byung-hun Lee did a good job at being the serious funny and Anthony Hopkins is always good. the action was believable good, the spy stuff was believable good and the chemistry worked.

In RED 2, the high-octane action-comedy sequel to the worldwide sleeper hit, retired black-ops CIA agent Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. To succeed, they' will need to survive an army of relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials, all eager to get their hands on the next-generation weapon. The mission takes Frank and his motley crew to Paris, London and Moscow. Outgunned and outmanned, they have only their cunning wits, their old-school skills, and each other to rely on as they try to save the world—and stay alive in the process. It is still good movie not the best or that great but still good full action packed enjoyable flick to watch!

Overall: It is a good action packed fun excellent movie with the twists around, great action scenes, great cast and just great acting. The Acting in this movie is very realistic and outstanding performed from all the actors in here. I like how different these action movies are , they are cheesy but also have some brains to the plot and the characters , Bruce Willis being one of my favorites , I always liked the concept of old veteran people still teaching the young bunch how its done. Red 2 is as good as the first one with it's original cast returning again and kicking ass all over the place, just without Morgan Freeman and my favorite all time actor Karl Urban! Red 2 is the same level as Red 1 but still good one it is a good time, it does kind a little drag one, this one does feel a bit longer than the first one but still good. I am giving it a 9 which is A- for me because there wasn't Karl Urban in it.

Red 2 is 2013 American action comedy film and sequel to Red (2010). It was inspired by the limited comic book series of the same name, created by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner, and published by the DC Comics imprint Homage.

9/10 Score: A- Studio: Summit Entertainment, Di Bonaventura Pictures, DC Entertainment Starring: Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung-hun Lee, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren Director: Dean Parisot Screenplay: Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber Based on Red by Warren Ellis Cully Hamner Producer: Lorenzo di Bonaventura Rated: PG-13 Running Time: 1 Hr. 56 Mins. Budget: $84.000.000 Box Office: $148,075,565
    Red 2 is as good as the first one action packed and full of laughs again from Malkovich. Also there are some new additions on the cast Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung Hun Lee & Neal McDonough. The film has Frank Moses reunites his unlikely team of elite operatives for a global quest to track down a missing portable nuclear device. To succeed, they'll need to survive an army of relentless assassins, ruthless terrorists and power-crazed government officials, all eager to get their hands on the next- generation weapon. The mission takes Frank and his motley crew to Paris, London and Moscow. Outgunned and outmanned, they have only their cunning wits, their old-school skills, and each other to rely on as they try to save the world—and stay alive in the process. Red 2 is as good as the first one with it's original cast returning again and kicking ass all over the place the only thing i didn't liked is that again this film is PG-13 like the first one but still a great movie and entertaining if you hated it the first time a 2nd watch will make it better.