User Reviews (2,013)

• Michel Couzijn2 March 2018
    I found this movie to be irritatingly bad - so whence the high 'user ratings'?
    When I went to see this movie, I had a general positive expectation. Maybe Marvel movies are not at the top of my wish list, but I was curious enough to give it a willing try. Besides, it was a holiday and I had time to spend with my kid.

Boy, was I disappointed.

I found the story to be far-fetched, schematic, and uninvolving. Maybe that last quality is its greatest sin. I can deal with traditional story motives, good vs. bad, your occasional plot twist (to be seen miles ahead), but there must be more to a movie to grasp an audience's emotions. This movie did not do that for me, and seeing the lukewarm attention that it got for the other people in the cinema, it did not do the trick for them either.

What didn't particularly help was the wooden acting with the stiffest wood grain. It is as if most actors read their lines from a visual script, and were too busy doing that to offer more than high-school level acting. The only sad excuse may be that this movie is a derivative of a comic, so the dialogue was exactly as stiff, exaggarated, and unnatural as in any comic book.

The visuals, then. If you are a fan of over-the-top carnivalesque stages and dresses and, ahem, state-of-the-art CGI that has to make up for a lack of true cinematography, then this movie is for you. I know it is an action movie, but does that really mean that the makers need to test the audience's susceptibility to epilepsy? It is a poor man's shock & awe to the senses.

In all, we sat the show out, had an ice-cream, then moved on to wider horizons.

At home, I checked the IMDB score and couldn't believe my eyes. A 7.9 for this mess of a movie? I can understand temporary 'popularity', but this is ridiculous. I don't fall easily for conspiracy theories and scores being 'bought' by companies, but there is no explaining a 7.9 for 'Black Panther'.

Next, I looked at IMDB's user reviews. I noticed that they were much less favorable than the 'user ratings' indicate. No really, there is a HUGE gap between 'user ratings' and 'user review' ratings. How can that be explained?

So I checked the last nearly 300 reviews. What did I find?

People who took the trouble to write a few paragraphs about this movie, gave an average 4.3 to 'Black Panther'. A 4.3! That is nearly half of the rating the movie supposedly received from IMDB users in general. This is a ridiculous difference. IMDB may have its own algorithm to arrive at some 'weighted average', but that cannot account for this huge gap.

Here is a breakdown of the ratings awarded by 'IMDB user reviewers': 10 - 5,5% 9 - 4.5% 8 - 3.4% 7 - 8.3% 6 - 16.6% 5 - 15.5% 4 - 10.3% 3 - 8.3% 2 - 8.6% 1 - 19%

Please note that only 13.4% of IMDB user reviewers awarded 'Black Panther' with an 8, 9 or 10. While according to IMDB, no less than 66.4% of 'IMDB users' have given these ratings.

Sorry, this cannot be rationally explained, unless one makes untenable assumptions about the difference between 'users' and 'reviewers'.

In conclusion: all I can offer is my personal opinion about this movie. I am sorry that I invested time and money into seeing it. Neither my kid of 12 enjoyed it, neither did I. We had to choose between Disney's 'Coco' and 'Black Panther'. I think I'll make up for the disappointment of BP by taking my kid to 'Coco'.
  • nothimme4 May 2018
    Blind fanboys?
    Have you guys seen how many people voted 10/10 for this overrated movie? 57,500 people and still rising. I'm sorry but really? Didn't you guys see the last fight between T'Challa and Erik Killmonger? What kind of CGI was that? Well, maybe you were sleeping by that time. 'cause why not, the story was completely boring, predictable, and cliched. There wasn't any plot whatsoever. The characters were so shallow and undeveloped that you can't even care for any of them. People die and you don't even care. And of course let's not forget the ''acting'' This movie harbours the cringiest actors in the universe. Their accent was killing everything. Probably you guys won't believe it but i was giggling while some dramatic scene was going on. It was just bad.

End credit scene was better than the whole movie.
  • anthonycciancio18 March 2018
    Disappointing
    This was supposed to be the newest and best Marvel movie. It was also supposed to be deeper than a super hero movie. Well, basically all they did was put African-Americans in the role of the main characters and followed the same exact formula of every other Marvel movie ever created. The action was mediocre at best. The villain was good, but at the point when he truly started to flesh out his character, I was bored and realized I was watching a movie. I literally said what was going to happen about 30 minutes before it happened. Now if you like super hero films, which I happen to not, I am sure you will have fun and enjoy this film. But, in my opinion this movie had th intensity of a haircut and was a boring commercial to sell toys.
  • lbterreb3 May 2018
    IMDB ratings can not be trusted.
    Terrible. 3 at best. Dialog is awful. Accents are worse. How in the world can this be rated so high?
  • seanmartin-9779418 February 2018
    Overrated and overhyped
    I went to see Black Panther along with my friends, and following the hype train we were excited to see it. However, following the showing we were all dissapointed by a mess of a movie with little plot and little thought which only served as a pit stop for infinity war.

The critics have vastly overrated this movie due to its groundbreaking cast, but the movie itself is not at all groundbreaking. Littered with all the boring Marvel clich├ęs I have come to know and hate, such as their inability to kill off any hero's to add gravitas to their story, or the one dimensional villain who only exists for one movie so you know they will kill him off before the next, Black panther is also plagued by new problems no one but me seemed to notice. For example, the CGI was awful in the action scenes: whenever someone was even prodded, they would go flying across the screen in the most outlandish fashion, and the plot was torn straight out of the Lion King, as well as having the biggest waste of Martin Freeman since those Vodafone adverts.

Overall, I believe my dissapointment for this movie is fuelled by the marvel cinematic universe, as I feel sick of the movies they are pumping out like an industrial machine, as they all feel the same with little originality. I can only hope the bubble will burst sometime soon, and bring back true standalone movies which don't need a cinematic universe.
  • danielbastone13 April 2018
    Disappointed, Over Rated, Didn't like it
    People made this film up to be the best marvel film of all time, some of the cgi in this film was ATROCIOUS, sound track was mixed and horrible, and the concept of the film was over all stupid.

"so like we have this resource called vibranium, it never runs out and it fuels our entire society"

it wasn't worth going to the theater to see african tribal people spear fighting over popcorn. The only reason it has 2 stars is because it had a connection to the rest of the marvel universe which is well established, and filmography wasn't bad. but of course filmography is good, its a MARVEL movie
  • c-murray63115 February 2018
    Over-hyped - Not enough effort put into core aspects of a film
    With all the hype surrounding this movie (excellent trailers, Kendrick-curated soundtrack, all-African cast) I thought I was in for something special with Black Panther, as while they aren't remotely the highest quality movies, the Marvel cinematic universe movies are generally pretty entertaining. As it turns out I was wrong, Black Panther was extremely average, I have no idea what these critics/review bots are talking about when they say that it is the best Marvel movie and worthy of "critical" praise (as not just a super hero movie but as a movie in general.)

Things that I liked:
    • Effort put into aesthetic authenticity of the African elements of the movie - within the Marvel universe the look and feel of the movie was unique and you can tell care was taken in this regard.
    • Andy Serkis - My favorite character by far, was probably the only person who didnt seem like he was reading from a script sheet and got some genuine laughs out of me.

Things that I didn't like:
    • The story was extremely predictable and to be honest I don't know if the most virtuous resolution was reached in the climax. Michael B Jordan's character had fairly reasonable intentions for wanting to kill the Black Panther and take his place in Wakanda as he had been abandoned, with seemingly no family, to live in the ghettos of Oakland. However, his whole plan to give advanced Wakandan weaponry to every African person in the world so they could kill and overthrow people in power who weren't African was extremely "on-the-chin" in terms of its narrative motivations within the current climate. It wasn't remotely clever or nuanced and really unbalanced his character, his motivations were understandable but his plan was moronic. Additionally, who didn't see Black Panther surviving his fall? Who didn't see the Gorilla tribe coming to the rescue at the end? The entire movie was so bland and predictable I wanted it to be over well before the end - I didn't even stay for the post credit scenes...
    • The acting was very wooden - Not a lot to say here really, some really poor line delivery from the cast across the board except for Andy Serkis. No one was particularly charismatic, the main character for instance was extremely boring.
    • The script was very robotic - This ties into the poor acting, but perhaps as a result of the script, some of the actors never really had a chance to bring their characters to life.
    • The characters - I have already addressed the mess that was Michael B Jordan's character Warmonger(?). Basically throughout the entire movie you never really learn anything or see anything of the Black Panther's character, he basically moves from one place to another showing no emotion and just either smashes things or asks people questions. Apparently the character is supposed to be very intelligent, while it was probably a narrative choice, the Black Panther in this movie seemed like an emotionless Jarhead whose only really characteristic was that he get nervous around his girlfriend... The women in this movie had a bit of attitude and charisma and shouldn't be blanketed down with the Black Panther and Warmonger as bad characters, but they didnt really get a chance to shine and really only contributed a few one liners and a bit of fighting.
    • The action - Shaky-cam rubbish, the action in the movie is terrible and not remotely on the level of the well-choreographed fighting in say Captain America Winter Soldier - please for the love of god show someone getting punched or kicked without having to cut the shot 5 times. There is an action sequence at the start which basically flagposted what the action was going to be like, it is shot at night and you basically cant see bloody anything...
    • The CGI - Honestly, the CGI in Black Panther felt extrmely overused and was surprisingly quite bad. It really took me out of some scenes because the environments and effects looked average (not quite Justice League bad but not far off). It is obvious in scenes in Wakanda, for instance, where the plains/mountains are in the background but they are clearly filming in front of a green screen. Some of the effects just looked silly and got laughs out of me and my party. I personally though the Rhinos were stupid...
    • The Soundtrack - After all the hype surrounding Kendrick Lamar curating a soundtrack for the movie, the tracks from that album barely feature at all. They faintly play from some cars and stuff here and there and a couple feature in some action scenes but I though we would be watching some decent action scenes with some bass heavy Kendrick blasting along to the fighting. Alas, no dice. The orchestral score is also quite average, coming in strong at weird moments and being quite out of place in certain places, there are a couple of moments where it seems like some sort of fairy, Harry Potter, Narnia music that just doesn't fit the scene.

Overall I think this is probably one of the weaker Marvel movies, avoiding honest criticism because of the hype surrounding it. The basic components of the film are all poor-average, with the only real 5+/10 aspect being the aesthetics of Wakanda and its people. Like I said above, I wanted to leave well before it was over because I knew the action was probably not going to improve from nauseating shaky-cam and I knew how it was all going to play out.
  • troll-365 March 2018
    What?
    Something must be wrong here! This is not a good movie at all. Boring and cringy, an SJW fail. Black Panther was quite cool in Captain America, but don't be fooled. I'm sorry I paid for this, spare your money and don't support this crap or they will make more crap.
  • tranat713 May 2018
    Did critics falsely over-rate this movie because of the mostly Black cast?
    I told my daughter that I thought "Black Panther" was a typical average comic book movie.

She disagreed.

That's fine.

And that's the same about every movie or TV show out there. Some movies rub you the right way, and most movies just rub you wrong.

While watching "Black Panther" I truly forgot that 99% of the casts were African Americans. It's no big deal to me. It does't matter to me.

I only cared about the story. And the story was the typical lame comic book story. Actually, the story was kind of stupid. But no more stupid than "Captain America Civil War".

Yeah, a lot of things don't make sense. But it's fiction and comic book stuff. I don't let the little things bother me.

In conclusion, the critics over hyped this movie big time. It's not as horrible as some people say, and it is absolutely not anywhere near as great as some people say.

Do not compare this movie to The Dark Knight trilogy.

And please do not compare this movie to "The Godfather" or "Shawshank Redemption".

Don't even mention Black Panther in the same book as Godfather or Shawshank.

Black Panther is just another mediocre comic book movie with a fairly stupid plot.
  • bhupinder_sandhu18 April 2018
    I feel robbed
    I watched this movie specifically based on the IMDB rating but I feel that the initial reviews to get this movie rates above 8.0 were faked. Whilst IMDB originally was genuine it seems it has fallen foul of the capitalist system and no longer has impartial reviews.

Avoid this move it's sooooo bad I can't believe the ratings.
  • morrisfotograf8 March 2018
    Wow! They forgot to give characters value... again...
    Seriously - WHY does Hollywood think that film lovers do NOT want characters to have a value? Both old and young people want to fall in love with the characters in movies - or the opposite for antagonists.

In this movie they spend maybe 30 seconds building up the characters, if even that. They just assume that we will have feelings to any character who pops up in the movie - BUT WE DON'T.

If anyone fights, almost dies and in the end dies anyways we just do not care since we do not get to know the person. Forrest Whitaker acts is but off yet you do not care if he dies... WHO is he, tell us something about him before please (!).

Same thing goes for the rest. Seriously, a movie with 99% effects and 1% emotions is NOT a good balance.

AND WHY ARE ALL CHARACTERS 100% STEREOTYPE??

PS. They killed off the one character who did a good job acting:ANDY SERKIS, we all love you bro! Hope that you somehow come back in the next Marvel shajt-movie.
  • Ad Woody4 May 2018
    Garbage
    Shame I can't rate this 0/10.

Movie could of been good if not for some people clearly pushing a political opinion but in the end everything was awful, the timing of the jokes, no expression or any kind of physical comedy when saying the jokes, everything was just awful.

Could of tried to make it a little bit less obvious that is movie isn't really about the movie at all lol.

I was excited for this, but honestly, worst film I've watched in a long time. Hatchet was better and that was a mere time killer and awful at the same time. I wouldn't even watch this again if I was in a hospital bed, rather be in silence and doing nothing.
  • dubwize18 February 2018
    What is this garbage?
    Sadly I had big expectations for Black Panther as a HUGE fan of Black Lightning TV show, I was looking forward to this release only to be dismayed.

At best it is a movie made with 90% green screen sequences but in reality it is a discombobulated mash of garbage that takes way too long to develop any story whatsoever and that storyline is as thin and weak as a nightclub whiskey, left stale overnight and re-poured.

The hype is over-rated and the movie is ultimately disappointing. May appeal to Millenials who exist without a functioning braincell.
  • boynyc18 March 2018
    Overrated movie
    This movie was just way too overrated. The fighting was not professional and in slow motion. I was expecting more from a 200 million budget movie. The little sister of T.Challa was just trying too hard to be funny. The story was really dumb as well. Don't watch this movie if you are going because others say its great unless you are a Black Panther fan or Marvels fan.
  • jon-147-17180916 March 2018
    All this hype, and for that?
    Not in the mood to write a huge review. Bottom line, it's just another superhero regurgitation - nothing new or special about it. No character buildup - just a bunch of senseless fighting and meaningless story line.

I'm pretty sure that they paid like 25000 people to vote this a 10/10 - there is no way that many people actually like it that much. This is a flop.
  • santiagocii14 March 2018
    A nonsense delusion
    It is not necessary to describe anything. This movie was a total nonsense, appalling acting and the worst Marvel movie ever. Nothing absolutely nothing made any sense. The jokes were atrocious, the characters ridiculous. It is simply an insult to the basic instincts and whoever rated this movie more than 4 seriousky need medical attention... immediately. It is clear that the high rankings here are totally paid for. Lame.
  • 1/10
    Thank god i am not alone in hating this rubbish
    I was a bit wary to write a bad review about this nonsense film as I felt I ought to, it was that bad. I was expecting racist accusations if I openly condemned it, as it's full of messages. Thank god I am not alone in hating this rubbish. Black Panther my arse. worst Marvel film ever. Dont bother!
  • paul_marston15 February 2018
    Marvel's Last Jedi - RIP stand alone superhero movies
    If I were able to post a one or two word review, it would either be agenda or uncanny valley. Everything I feared this film would do, it did. Indeed in a couple of places it even referred to the (*spoilers*?) the slave trade! Seriously? In the 21st century you are going to refer at least twice in the same film to the slave trade - which BTW if you follow the film's premise would NOT have affected Wakanda as they were cut off from the rest of the world!

The main character of the film is T'Chala - a character so depressingly dour and serious, he could be a candidate for depression. You have his younger sister - who is CLEARLY being geared up as effectively riri from the comics - she WILL be the replacement for Tony Stark! To best describe her, she is a light hearted Q from thee James Bond films - I liked her, she was fun, lively, bright, as a character a real find.

Andy Serkis was excellent, but far too underused - Michael B Jordan's "big bad"? I understand the anger, I don't get his ultimate goal - makes NO sense. The female bodyguards were the nearest thing to Mary sues in the movie. Really - beating up men TWICE their size with the SAME military background?

I MUST discuss the CGI. This is a MASSIVE problem.Sure Wakanda looks spectacular, but so did Asgard. It's the motion of the main characters that is the problem. It seems that whilst they can get stationary objects (buildings etc) virtually spot on now, the same can NOT be said for dynamic ones. If you have watched any of the trailers, you'll know what I mean when you see Black Panther do his somersault The dynamic CGI characters look crystal clear, whilst the real life objects have a faint blur to them. You can just see where the live action starts and the CGI ends. If the cars were CGI as well you wouldn't notice the difference so much, but it IS there, and because it seems 90% of this film is CGI, in the end it becomes very annoying.

as for the claim that this is unlike any other Marvel film - I beg to differ - unless you refer to how insular the whole film is, as it is based almost entirely in Wakanda. Which could be acceptable, until you realise most of the action took place outside of wakanda - in the remaining 5-10% of the film!

Winter Soldier was CONSIDERABLY better than this. Guardians was better and more fun! Avengers had greater scope.Ragnarok was funnier.

I know EXACTLY who this film was geared for, and it was NOT for your typical Marvel comic book movie fan. it had good points, The tech wiz sis has major potential, Wakanda looked spectacular (if you ignore the poor water animations (the ripples in the water looked cut and paste, watch MOANA for how water can be animated!) The soundtrack bore no relation to the action (action scenes sounded the same as the quiet moments!). But the worst "crime" was the agenda it pushed. There is NO Excuse for this, as they PROVED they can have strong storyline in Winter soldier.

So if you want a film with a dour dreary lead character, lots of uncanny valley moments, and LOTS AND LOTS OF POLITICAL GRANDSTANDING with no payoff, then this is the film for you!

Just remember The Godfather / Goodfellas / Star Wars / Schindler's List all barely broke 90%, yet THIS is supposed to be 100%! If you don't think the ratings for this are agenda driven, I've got a bridge to sell you!

I do NOT want a Black Panther 2 - I think the days of single super hero movies are done
  • marcximus11224 May 2018
    You're kidding me right?
    I outright laughed at the beginning of the movie, Lion King meets Wonder Woman...lol. HIDDEN GIANT CITY with mass transit system in the sky, flying ships, and people who gather on steep rocks to watch a fight. I mean the entire concept is ridiculous. The CGI is mediocre and disappointing. The actors were HORRIBLE...whoever wrote the lines to this pile of crap should be run out of hollywood. WHO the hell said this was the BEST Marvel film ever???? Kept falling asleep as well due to lack of action and horrible dialogue. 2 hours of my busy life ill never get back.
  • generationofswine18 February 2018
    An Honest Review
    I guess, because of the hype, I was expecting "the best Marvel movie ever," or at least "the best Marvel movie if the year."

I pray to God and Stan Lee that this isn't the best Marvel Movie of 2018.

The fact is, there are maybe 3 laughs in the entire film. Three moments where you smile. Three moments where you crack a grin and they all come exclusively from Letitia Wright.

And it wasn't because there were jokes and they didn't land. It was really because the movie took itself far too seriously. Like Winter Soldier and Civil War it had a message to tell...but unlike the Captain American movies, it thought its message was so serious that it couldn't laugh even at itself.

I think, honestly, it even forgot it was a Marvel movie. In fact at time I think that the director, crew, and cast all thought that they were making "Roots" meets the new "A Birth of a Nation"

And Martin Freedman, yeah I think he was only there to prove that he could do a better American accent than his Sherlock counterpart. Maybe it was a bet, which part of the cast of Sherlock can hold an American accent throughout an entire film?

And, honestly I am disappointed, because ALL three grins in the film went to Letitia Wright and Martin Freeman has some fairly decent comedic timing...they just didn't let it show. At least not for Freeman or ANYONE ELSE.

Honestly, I'm surprised they even let Letitia Wright makes us smile or entertain us an any way.

Honestly, it felt a lot like I was watching a college lecture...but a college lecture for a class that has a mandatory attendance policy and a professor that ONLY teaches from the book that he himself wrote...you get that kind of overly-serious pretentious feel to it.

And...really, how often do people have to tell other people who they are in this movie? That really happened far too often and not in the "Bond, James Bond" way but in the "If I tell you who I am it's going to give me extra power" kind of way.

And in the end you get two fight scenes by a waterfall that weren't very inspired and failed in comparison to other MCU fights. You get a car chase that was again...uninspired and fell flat but this time in the "we've seen this before only done better" kind of way. And a climatic battle that felt a little like the Gungan/Battle Droid battle in The Phantom Menace only with better CGI and an uninspired fight between the two powers rather than the Jedi dual.

At least Winter Soldier and Civil War allowed us to laugh and relax a bit during the more serious MCU fair. At least they pulled out the stops when it came to action and, despite the message...tried to deliver something, anything.

All this gave us was, well, a lecture and one where the action seemed, well, it seemed like the cast and crew felt they were obligated to give us that and thus did it with disdain.. It felt like all involved thought that entertainment would take away from the preaching.

And really, have a message....just please entertain me. I work hard. I already went to school. What I want for the price of admission is to be entertained.

If you can't do that, if you only let Letitia Wright make me smile and then only three times in a super hero movie that doesn't wow with action...then you've failed.

In fact, you've failed so much that you aren't "the first Black super-hero movie" I'm taking that pilfered title and giving it back to Blade...because at least Blade was entertaining.
  • tytytyone4 May 2018
    Wow how bad can a movie be.
    Seriously, I need to convince myself that I actually watched a Marvel movie, because it was so terrible. The plot was so boring,, the characters where so stupid. And the CGI was just horrible. And the times it tries to be funny.. O my. Most of the positive reviews will definitely be fake, because this is nowhere near the quality one would expect from a Marvel title.
  • asimplepiece4 May 2018
    Wow, so flat... and boring....
    It is a rap song written by kid for kid. Characters are so flat... maybe except Killmonger, at least he got some balls, so predictable and so boring... Beauty king, super noble, silly sister who also is genius, independent future wife, funny hobbit... plot is simple like a broom stick. superkiller is, of course, not killing the biggest opponent, no blood, sweet rhinos... and rap music ?!? French fries with ketchup and maple syrup... don't pay for this movie...
  • tommywahlman4 May 2018
    Iron Man? Panther man?
    A pattern is shown in the marvel movies now. all heros are getting an iron man suit but made for the hero they are, spider man get a spider suit full with tech, Black panther does too and they are just like iron man but with a other abilities.

I am getting fed up with these movies. When we read these magazines it was for the great stories, now its just senseless action with no brainer script, its made for kids who are about enter the puberty, for them these movies are amazing, But marvel is truly and utterly destroying their good rep with junk like this.
  • ajj_sin1 March 2018
    Why are there so many positive reviews of this movie ?
    I watched the movie last night. I have not written a review for a long time but i just wanted to help out my friends here who might be misguided by all the positive reviews here. I love all Marvel movies, they are not Oscar winners but my expectation is to be entertained and the most important ingredients have been
    • Literally "out of this world" action!
    • Outstanding effects
    • Well placed humor ( one liners and all - Best example Thor - Ragnarok)
    • Overall entertainment

This movie fails on all this. Its a dragged storyline, banal dialogues e.g. a fight scene, someone seems to be hurt and the dialogues go like "Hw are youuuu" "I am good, and you" "I am good too" "Let's go". Taken straight from a "Learn English conversation in 5 minutes" Chapter I

Okay special effects, nothing special,lets say 20 percent of normal Marvel extravaganzas.

The story line is weak and goes round and round and round...

No menacing bad guy. The potentially menacing one had a lesser role to play.

Very stupid and misplaced one liners, completely out of the blues some of them.

All in all; i am giving it a 4 , but it could be 5 or 6 if expectations are lowered but it is certainly not the Marvel that we know.
  • paul_s_hills16 February 2018
    Don't Believe the Hype
    After the excellent.....and hilarious.....Thor 3, I was rather looking forward to this. Positive reviews had also whetted the appetite. Perhaps it was the expectation that undermined the enjoyment?

The genre is a little hard to quantify, but it reminded a lot of Wonder Woman. Except, instead of the WW2 setting, we had a kind of Bond-style thriller instead, complete with ridiculous gadgets and under-developed baddies.

The film looks great (some dodgy CGI aside) - I liked the armour, weaponry and cultural aesthetics. I also felt a lot of the performances were quite compelling. Unfortunately, it is all rather dull. And doesn't feature anything we haven't seen before.

What is most disappointing, is that it doesn't seem to tie into the Marvel continuity at all (apart from the unremarkable Everett Ross, who appeared from nowhere in Civil War and is a poor attempt to replace Agent Coulson). Like Wonder Woman, this is simply a "Black Panther tale" and you can take it or leave it when embarking on your next Marvel marathon.

I also found the advanced technology to be completely over the top. Weapons and armour, I can understand. Miracle healing and Panther suits concealed within necklace teeth is VERY hard to swallow indeed. Vibranium was an indestructible Alien metal that could absorb sound. Fair enough. Great material for weapons and armour. But spaceships and miracle healing? Really? Couldn't we have toned it down just a little?

I was bored. My friend was bored. After his wonderful debut in Civil War, this was a bit of a wasted opportunity.