• crogers-5495911 December 2018
    This film deals with real issues the world experiences today through the spiritual realm. Danny Carrales went to great depths to represent how the spirit realm exists and interacts with our physical world, as well as how our actions come with consequences, both positive and negative. Through stunning visual effects and an engaging story, Heaven's War challenges its viewers to look beyond their comfort zone and see how their actions not only impact this world, but will also echo in eternity.
  • Let me address the elephant in the room. Yes, this is a religious movie. Before you decide not to watch the movie let me encourage you to let go of your stereotypes and consider this one. If you are a person of faith you will definitely enjoy watching the movie and the struggles the protagonist deals with. If you aren't a person of faith have you ever had that little voice in your head guide you or tell you something and followed or ignored that little voice. Our protagonist ignored the voice and Gabriel was sent to slap some sense into him and get him to listen to the voice. His failure to listen to the voice adds conflict to the story line and pulls you in emotionally.

Yes, this is about good and evil and the filmmaker doesn't hide the fact that he is a believer. Having said all that, I am a novice screenwriter and there are so many nuggets about storytelling in this film that it should be required watching for all film students. The use of cutting from one scene to another builds excitement and anticipation. The use of CGI adds to the story but doesn't make the story about CGI. Dialogue was realistic and there are some very emotional scenes.

Again, if you are a person of faith you will enjoy it. If you aren't consider this a love story on several different levels. If you are trying to get into the business watch and learn how to put all the pieces together to create a great story with conflict that has emotional impact.
  • There's no doubt the audience for which this film was made. With that being said, the attention to detail, the risk-taking, and the overall redemptive message of this film are worth seeing it. The choreography of the fight scenes and other action scenes are well done. The CGI supersedes that of many film of this genre and budget. Well done.
  • In a nutshell, "Heaven's War" is a Christian movie that depicts the struggle between angels and demons for the soul of a U.S. senator. As a Christian, I liked that the movie attempts to lower the veil between our physical world and the spiritual world. The problem is that when you go too literal in your depiction it comes across as somewhat cheesy. By the end of the movie, it seemed to me the writer had attempted to turn "A Christmas Carol" into a political thriller. Still I would recommend that people see the movie for the message.
  • Literally all the bad reviews are from non-Christians. Watch this movie. It's a unique twist of psychological thriller and fantasy. Even if you don't care for the "message" it's still worth watching.
  • This movie is 100% deserving of 10 stars. It is a powerful story about the redemptive power of Christ and the spiritual battle that goes on for everyone's soul. And the visuals are absolutely amazing. Anyone who gives it just 1 star does not understand what a makes a movie great. They obviously do realize just how much work goes in to making movies, or how much thought goes into the details no one ever notices but would certainly notice if they weren't there. So if you want to watch just a generic superhero story, then don't watch this movie. However if you want to see a movie with real depth, and an actual message then go and watch Heaven's War!
  • RCB19779 November 2018
    Wow!! I absolutely loved this movie!! The gospel message is so perfectly weaved throughout! The movie grabs you from the beginning and honestly there were no dull moments. Spiritual warfar is real folks, and I can only pray people watch this and recognize the reality of what this movie is portraying. So powerful.
  • This Christian movie reminds believers that eternity is more real than our daily life experience. The imagery at the opening puts the viewer into the context of the entire movie. There is great storytelling and wonderful special effects. See it!
  • The film taking the viewer on a spiritual journey that most Christians have undertook at some point toward either abandoning or reaffirming their faith. A must watch if you're at that point in your spiritual journey.
  • This film is based on sound Biblical Christian doctrine dealing with spiritual warfare and the condition of the human soul. The acting, special effects and scriptwriting blend together very well. It is apparent that a lot of hard work went into this project. The director did an amazing job in bringing out the vision he had for this movie! If you are a person who enjoys watching faith based family oriented films than this is definitely for you. If you are a skeptic than perhaps not. With that said I will recommend this film to anyone who is willing to see things from a Christ centered perspective.
  • mgass211 December 2018
    This faith based movie shot on a small budget packs a lot of action, drama and morals all rolled in to a well acted package. great for the entire family. That kind of movie is hard to find .
  • richard-606778 November 2018
    This film is a supernatural thriller and packs a powerful punch, blending a CSI style storyline with the spiritual realm. This is a unique Christian film, with a strong Gospel message and some great special effects. This film is gripping and will open the eyes of those who watch it.
  • redheartwolf-627498 November 2018
    This is an awesome movie!! Highly reccomend. There is good biblical message and good graphics.
  • allesmussnixkann7 November 2018
    If you didnt already guess by the fantastic image and the even greater trailer, this movie is a cringefest. i spent good 5 minutes laughing on this picture that kinda looks like star wars. the longer you look, the funnier it gets. who the heck thought it would be a good idea to produce this movie?
  • I highly recommend this movie and it is a must see. As Christians, we know there is spiritual warfare and it is captured in Heaven's War. No doubt that the movie keeps your attention with awesome visual effects and a plot that is grounded in sharing the message of the gospel. You will not be disappointed.
    I have had the opportunity to see this movie, not just the image and trailer, and enjoyed the story line. It draws the individual into the depth of the story while keeping the story moving to conclusion. As well, the special affects add to the beauty of the movie and bring the two worlds together. The actors play their roles well and it is believable. Granted there are no "big name" actors, but that is part of the beauty of this movie - it is well done without the need for big names. This is a Christian film and does depict the gospel message which is intended by the director as his last film does the same thing. The director weaves the message of the gospel and spiritual realm into the reality of government scandals and life challenges. Thank you for jumping head first into this area of movie genre - spiritual warfare!
  • Wow where do I start, never rally left reviews for films before but this.... This pile of.. Well, come people, wooden acting, effects..... I've seen better effects in games on m xbox. As for the story, Ummm in not religious in the slightest so I find it hard and quite insulting that they try to ram stuff like this down out throats.
  • Look, I haven't seen this film yet, have no bias, no formed opinions.

But one thing seems rather obvious: I learned a long time ago if you don't like anime, detective films, or horror, don't watch anime, detective films or horror. SIMPLE SOLUTION.

I find most "religious" films to be trite, overly preachy, or downright ridiculous. But that's not because I'm against the concept from the get-go. In the genre of this film... if you as a viewer are not Christian, in some cases obviously Anti-Christian, are not a believer, and don't like these kinds of films... why waste your time watching them and our time reading your bigoted, biased and useless "reviews"? I mean, get a clue.

That said, I plan to ignore the opinionated haters and watch this film from sheer curiosity. It may be sheer tripe as some claim, but I'll decide that based on plot, storyline, directing, acting and presentation-- as any movie should be rated-- not on blatant personal bigotry regarding faith-based beliefs.
  • john-362328 November 2018
    There must be some poor deluded people out there who stump up money to finance this type of childish rubbish - sad and sadder that there are bumpkins in the US who eat up all the mythical christian crud.
  • The way it depicts spiritual warfare is amazing! It sets a new standard for independent Christian films. Like Danny Carrales' previous work, the gospel message is at the forefront, and this film takes it to a whole new level by combining God's word with an intricate story-line, stunning visuals, and heart-pounding action.
  • riplowe9 January 2019
    Late night calls. "Can you be in Austin"? "Sure... will be there. Thank you. Hey! Shoot me the script". Then everything changed. It changed from the chance to be a part of the film... to something very meaningful and moving. This is an incredible script with the right direction. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed meeting everyone involved.
  • A title such that "Beyond the Darkness" with a covering image from what looks like a star-war movie are nothing but a trap. The story tried to go through some of the debate going on between religious people and atheists and could have been much better if it was written more carefully, but it wasn't. Maybe the original story is good, but this movie definitely says otherwise. Was it due to acting or directing faults? After watching about an hour of it, I just don't care. Images are so dull and made without professionality, made with like an amateur with the 1950's visions, and the music is really good in inspiring all the 209 sleeping ideas - or were they 208?... So BORING.
  • Cringe worthy in every respect, but unintentionally hilarious.