• Drew Barrymore has directed a video for the band Best Coast as a ten-minute film, which bears a suspicious resemblance to "West Side Story". Whether it's a rip-off or a homage, judge for yourself. The roles of lovers from warring gangs are entrusted to Chloë Grace Moretz and the star of "Teen Wolf" Tyler Posey. The song is quite good, the video beautifully shot, but the story is an unoriginal pathetic cliché.

Let me start by saying that there are two versions of this music video by Best Coast for their song "Our Deal". one is 4 minutes long, the other is 10. The short version only includes the music and the cure situations of the story. The longer one has some additional filler material in terms of video and also less music proportionally. Both are really good. The lead actress here is Chloe Moretz. Her love interest is played by Tyler Posey from "Teen Wolf". Shailene Woodley is in here two and so are two actresses from "Arrested Development" and "iCarly". Writer and producer is Kashy Khaledi, her first effort in both professions. The film's director is Golden Globe winning actress Drew Barrymore, third time for her in the director's chair and last time so far actually.

Well.. what can I say. I very much enjoyed watching this one. Many familiar faces in here, in terms of the story an interesting new version of the known Romeo&Juliet and West Side Story plots. The final plot twist with the writing on the wall is a perfect 10/10. The song is excellent too, very catchy. And I liked the focus to detail. For example, the first time the two protagonists are kissing, it's the time of day between dark and light. nice little reference to their gangs and what they stand for. Really as good as it gets for a short film. Minor criticism: that one guy break dancing during the final fight sequence was fairly ridiculous. But other than that, it's brilliance. Highly recommended.