• First of all you will probably find my background interesting: Having a bachelor in Political Science and a master in Political Communication I have worked with public relations and lobbyism from inside the system and know how rotten it can seem to be. I see Thrive as handling very relevant subjects - but with the use of very well known PR/propaganda-techniques as e.g. used during World War II.

I'm a big critic of the current economic world order and see a high regulation of the top banks as very necessary step to ever get rid of the huge gaps in human inequality. Therefore this movie was very interesting to me. But Gamble definitely manipulates the viewer just like the 'enemy' he is accusing.

Thrive connects a lot of very different an very complex subjects by simply putting them next to each other in sequence without using much time to explain thoroughly and scientifically the coherence – exactly how Hitler (or Goebbels) always used to put rats and Jews together, making a powerful mental tool to manipulate people's minds.

Notice how he suddenly jumps from one conclusion about extremely complex problems to the other. Exactly like any other propagandist would do. When just using a couple of quotes of well-known persons as 'proof' and then jumps to the next, any university professor would flunk him had it been an exam. It's simply not scientific.

Now I could easily turn Thrive upside-down as a rich and powerful person's (Gamble) own attempt to create a movement much like a religious sect. Why? Think of the audience he addresses: People that believe in aliens. Just like small religious sects appeal to people that are easily convinced that their misery is because of some master evil dominating them. The classic 'us vs. them'-way of propagandizing as seen in any war and conflict.

Try watching a Youtube-clip about Scientology and see if you can spot any similarities in structure and layout? Misery vs. perfection: People suffering in a toxic wasteland, but by joining the movement you will see people smiling like crazy in beautiful natural surroundings. It's classic propaganda.

I would still recommend people to watch this movie since it makes you think and reflect upon important subjects that we tend to not think about. But put on your 'critical glasses' because Gamble might as well attempt to use the viewer to become his follower and visit his website and in some way supplying Gamble with money.

By writing this I also used argumentation based on propaganda-techniques. My point is: Always be critical of what you see and read.
  • ShawnM8419 December 2012
    Here is a blog post from one of the people (John Robbins - Published in Yesmagazine.org) interviewed in this movie. Please allow the post to shed clarity on this horrible movie:

-------------------------

Thrive is the name of a controversial film that asks, and attempts to answer, some of the deepest questions about the nature of the human condition and what is thwarting our chances to prosper. Lavishly funded, it features appealing imagery, beautiful music, and interviews with many leading progressives, including myself. Yet ten of us have signed a statement formally disassociating ourselves from the film.

In my case, the decision was especially difficult because there are aspects of Thrive I find inspiring, and its makers, Foster and Kimberly Gamble, are old friends. Why have Amy Goodman, Deepak Chopra, Paul Hawken, Edgar Mitchell, Vandana Shiva, John Perkins, Elisabet Sahtouris, Duane Elgin and Adam Trombly, as well as yours truly, gone to the trouble of signing our names to this public statement? The statement reads as follows:

"We are a group of people who were interviewed for and appear in the movie Thrive, and who hereby publicly disassociate ourselves from the film."

"Thrive is a very different film from what we were led to expect when we agreed to be interviewed. We are dismayed that we were not given a chance to know its content until the time of its public release. We are equally dismayed that our participation is being used to give credibility to ideas and agendas that we see as dangerously misguided."

-------------------------

It has been painful for me to witness personal friends of mine become caught up in seeing global warming as a lie, and just about everything on earth as part of a vast demonic conspiracy. When I wrote Foster Gamble to voice my disappointment with many of the ideas in the film and website, he wrote back, encouraging me to study the works of David Icke, Eustace Mullins, Stanley Monteith and G. Edward Griffin.

Who are these people, in whose worldviews Thrive has its roots?

David Icke, who is featured prominently in Thrive, is well-known for advocating utterly bizarre theories, and claims that the entire world is run by a secret group of reptilian humanoids who drink human blood and conduct satanic rituals. In a recent interview, Icke seemed to be competing for lunatic of the year. "What I'm explaining now," he said, "is that the moon is not a heavenly body but a construct."

One of the signers of the statement of disassociation from Thrive, former astronaut Edgar Mitchell, has grounds to disagree. As the lunar module pilot of Apollo 14, he spent nine hours working on the moon's surface. Buoyed by lush visual effects and lovely words, the Thrive film has been attractive to many who know how often we are deceived and exploited by the powers that shouldn't be.

The rest of Thrive's primary sources aren't much better. The late Eustace Mullins was the author of a book titled Hitler, An Appreciation. Stanley Monteith, who happens to be a neighbor of mine, has long been involved with Pat Robertson's Christian Coalition, and professes that the environmental movement is a pretext for the effort to create a global police state. He and G. Edward Griffin have long been members and officers of the John Birch Society, a far-right political organization that first came to public attention when one of its founders, Robert W. Welch, proclaimed that Dwight Eisenhower wasn't the genial war hero and popular president he seemed, but rather "a conscious, dedicated agent of the international communist conspiracy." Welch co-founded the John Birch Society along with Fred Koch, the father of today's notorious Koch brothers.

-------------------------

Read the full post by searching "yesmagazine disaster by design" in Google.
  • Foster Gamble presents this documentary, directed by his wife. He comes from that ruling elite in America that he suggests is behind the most extraordinary coup carried out in history. Power has gradually been usurped, he suggests, and those who truly influence our lives have become virtually unaccountable. The political faces we see about us are just the tip of an iceberg that has truly murky depths.

His premise will be very uncomfortable indeed for those who do not have an inkling about the way in which false flag operations have been used to justify the wars that have drained ordinary citizens of money in Europe and the USA and made certain small parts of society, that control armaments and oil, immensely wealthy.

He interviews those who are in a position to know what is going on with regard to power, the military and also the question of free energy and extra-terrestrial involvement. It is not surprising that this film attracts criticism, as it will have many elements that stretch belief; on his web site he gives links that provide much credence to all the key points he makes.

The film is presented very cleverly seeming to take the viewer off planet to get an overview of earth and its inhabitants. A film like this could just be depressing as it is suggesting that shadowy powers have tried, and nearly succeeded in stripping fundamental freedoms away in the Western World, and in particular in the US where many are sleep walking into a legal framework where they have little if any recourse to justice and real freedom at all.

This hidden coup has been accomplished by the expert deployment of technologies of mind control initially developed in the Nazi era and exported to the USA through the infamous Operation Paperclip.

So is it another of those documentaries that suggest The End is Nigh? In a way, but it is not at all without hope and points to the very many areas where extraordinary developments are taking place. It is easy to watch this documentary and recommend it to your friends. It may not be comfortable viewing but the very fact someone has bothered to make it, and make it quite so well, is encouraging. We do indeed live in interesting times.
  • Dr-abbadon30 January 2012
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Wake up people! I can't believe, some of the ratings on this site?! This is a must see movie. From energy, money, health, world governments, deception on a scale that is beyond comprehension. Take the time and watch this with as many people and pass this on to as many people before its too late. Integrity freedom and compassion not tyranny, destruction and control and fear? No thanks! We have to change the way we do EVERYTHING! Some of the most honest people with the will to fight the establishment. Withdraw your support from the global elite. Follow the truth, stop the corporatetocracy!
    "Thrive" concludes with a compelling vision of an egalitarian and compassionate future, where humans live truly free lives in cooperation with each other and the natural world. As a liberal environmentalist type, I'm very sympathetic to that message.

Unfortunately, the film's path to that uplifting conclusion is rocky at best, often relying on long-debunked conspiracy theories and unnecessary pseudoscience. This mixture of a profound vision for the future (although a tad too libertarian for my tastes) and unproven –- and unprovable -- speculation seriously compromises the potential impact of the film's positive message.

A few examples, among many:

* David Icke describes some interesting observations about our corrupt financial system, but the film doesn't mention his other belief: that the Earth is controlled by reptilian aliens called Anunnaki from the Draco constellation. Apparently, all US presidents throughout history as well as Queen Elizabeth are really reptilian humanoids living underground. (Yes, he's serious.) Why choose such a person to communicate important insights into the out-of-control power of international banking elites? Why not interview a sympathetic expert who has deep knowledge of this exact issue, such as the Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman?

* "Free" energy devices – aka "perpetual motion" machines -- have been promised for hundreds of years. Although they violate the well-established first and second laws of thermodynamics, and despite dozens of documented frauds and hoaxes, the filmmaker is convinced that such a device is right around the corner, where it not for a vast government conspiracy. I too wish free energy was possible but I'm not holding my breath, especially when perfectly viable renewable alternatives already exist: solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, energy efficiency, etc. Why speculate that the laws of the universe will be overturned when the answers are staring us right in the face?

* Which is more likely: crop circles were created by extraterrestrials or by local pranksters having a laugh? Some facts to consider: In 1991, the British team of Doug Bower and Dave Chorley announced that they had made hundreds of crop circles since 1978, and then were filmed actually making one. There is also a UK crop circle-making artist collective (www.circlemakers.org) that makes beautiful and complex designs. If you're still not skeptical, ask yourself this: if these aliens are so advanced that they've mastered inter-galactic travel, why do they have to communicate with us by making obscure patterns in wheat?

* Speaking of aliens, as a life-long science fiction buff, I'd love to believe that aliens have visited earth. Unfortunately, despite thousands of "sightings" since the 1940s, no convincing evidence has ever been produced. There have, however, been plenty of hoaxes, honest mistakes, and examples of pareidolia (the human tendency to see patterns in randomness) produced. The filmmaker believes that a 70-year conspiracy among thousands of people to suppress the reality of alien visitation continues to this day. As much as I enjoyed the X-Files, I doubt that such an elaborate and long-term cover-up is possible given human incompetence and the emergence of new technologies such as the Internet, cell phone cameras, etc. The larger point is that while the military and government certainly do keep secrets, why does the filmmaker think it's necessary to dress up that kernel of truth with outlandish speculation? Why not use well-documented examples such as Bush's WMD lies, Reagan's Iran-Contra affair, Nixon's Watergate, etc?

* Was the World Trade Center deliberately blown up on 9/11 by Bush, Cheney and a secret cabal of banks and oil companies or by a few deluded zealots who were clearly captured on tape and witnessed by thousands of people? I hate Exxon and Haliburton as much as the next guy, but the evidence doesn't support this wishful thinking among the left. Further, the filmmaker's insightful conclusions about the control of the global economy by financial elites doesn't really require that 9/11 -- of all events! -- be the result of an elaborate conspiracy.

Thrive's heart is the right place: it tries to unite the Utopian dreams of the left and right in an attempt to find a way to stop our planet's accelerating downward spiral. But the dream does not require evidence-challenged conspiracy theories, speculation, half-truths, anecdotes, and paranoia. Even if the causes of our crises are more banal than the melodrama depicted in the film, we can hopefully all agree about the importance of working together toward a more sustainable, inclusive, and free future.
  • An inspiring, well put together film. It starts off with a series of odd topic that sort of put you off balance at first, but don't let it phase you.

Dive right in and experience the film. Gamble takes you on his journey to discover what's going on in the world around him, all the while explaining things that few people know. I did love the Free Energy references, though there WERE several advances left out. I won't go into specifics, as I would like you to draw your own conclusions.

The overall air of the film is that of hope for the future, and it slams the point across, time and again, that we must change.

A very good watch for intellectual friends or colleagues, if you're bored and wish to stay home. Not for cynics, as there are a lot of "Whoa now, c'mon." moments. All in all, I loved the film, plan and watching it again, and am currently sharing it with all my coworkers :)
    The movie doesn't bring anything new to the subjects. Also, is poorly edited and chaotic. The first part it is pretty much about paleoastrounatical hypotheses ala Erich Von Daniken mixed with some random ufological facts and myths. It mixes science with lay hypothesis. The second part is pretty much very simplified revision of documentary "Money as Debt" mixed with Illuminati/New World Order hypotheses in style of Alex Jones - Info Wars. The last part is supposed to show the solutions we need to take if we want to change the current social paradigm. Despite few good points regarding changing our lifestyle and ceasing our support for current system it doesn't give any rational and logical scientific solutions to current social problems. Solutions they offer is nothing more but a patch-working the effects of social/system defects and they are not solutions focused on the causes of the problems. Those problems are not caused by some secret government agenda or some secret society but malfunctioning monetary/profit system itself and those problems are an intrinsic part of it. Corruption of human mind is the effect caused by the corrupted environment in which human being is being raised since prenatal stage. Gamble has a very "inboxed" way of thinking in how he tries to find "solutions" within current monetary/profit system. Well, I don't expect creators of this film to think out of the box of monetary system as the movie is not free to watch as they sell this film online and also ask for donations. They try to persuade the viewer to join their movement. I don't really understand why well educated person would do such thing if there are other great and better organizations like The Venus Project or The Zeitgeist Movement which offer very deeply researched and educated scientific solutions to world problems...
    I am a long time user but I never posted a review before this movie

This movie made me wake up and see the world and what is going on in it, as I truly is. It is extremely powerful and very convincing and utilizes the expertise of some extraordinary people like Deepak Chopra, David Icke, Astronaut Edgar Mitchell and many other amazing people, authors and scientists.

The messages in this movie are relevant to everyone and could usher in a new age if you are open to it, and willing to go deeper into the rabbit hole after you watch it. I am without a doubt convinced by this and I will do my best to share the message and give people the opportunity to wake up and become aware of what is going on in our world. The movie makes a very convincing link between the suppression of medical and technological breakthroughs, the increasing governmental control and restrictive policies, New world order conspiracies, 9/11, the financial crisis and the banks role in it along with crop circles, alien technology and ancient cultures, though they wouldn't seem related at all. If you are willing to watch it with an open mind it will definitely change your perspective. Even though the message of the film is sinister and shocking, it will leave you feeling hopeful and optimistic about the future of our civilization and planet.

Very big words I know, but watch the movie and you'll understand.
  • When watching a movie like Thrive, listen to your heart.

Don't waste your time reading so called "reviews" on IMDb, youtube, etc.

They are all FULL of Trolls.

Fake users with fake accounts who write negative reviews to "make" people believe what they want.

There are many people out there who does NOT want you to succeed.

Why? So they can stay on top.

It's not a damn conspiracy, it's survival of the fittest.

The dumber you are the smarter they are, the more for them and the less for you.

But hey, don't take my word for it.

Watch the film and open your mind.

Listen within You and Only You.

You will know the Truth.
  • THIS FILM IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE. Check their web page for more information.

Thrive is a film that does an excellent job of compiling some of the most important ideas of fringe information. Even better, they provide the viewer with a positive perspective on all of it. They even go a step further with a web page to help network, learn more, and check references for everything they state in the film.

I had previously watched over 300 hours of online video regarding fringe topics. And I was really impressed at how Thrive took some of the most important aspects of that information and put it in to one film.

Fringe information can be disturbing. So the fact that they also give some great positive ideas at the end is significant.

Thrive also offers some new ideas I had not heard before.

All media is biased. All of us...are biased. But I believe that if we are to get closer to what the Truth really is...the best way is to expose ourselves to a large variety of information sources and ideas. This film is a great way to do that.
    It's very difficult not to remain cynical in this day and age. Such is the make-up of our world, that people will always find reason to criticise material that challenges specific consensus views of the world.

This is no surprise given the way we receive and build our world-picture in the modern age (predominantly through corporate media and entertainment).

Thrive is a challenging documentary. It covers a broad range of historical, mathematical, scientific, social and political realms and reaches into areas such as the imbalances and structure of the global monetary system, torus waves and their implications at both micro and macroscopic levels, free energy devices and, refreshingly, offers some inspiration in terms of moving forward in a positive way on a global scale, without the need for traditional corrupt power, industrial and monetary systems.

I'd have to say, I was inspired by many of the findings and, whilst many will doubt, decry or deny any of it exists or is occurring in our world today, I think it touches upon so many fundamental issues and concepts that it is - at its very worst - an entertaining mix of what appears to be well-presented scientific fact and at best, an awe-inspiring call to wake up humanity and move forward on a global scale, with equality and freedom at the helm of the movement.

Anybody who has a problem with these basic assertions for the future is either blind, deaf, lazy, scared or lulled into a false sense of individualistic comfort to the extent where they can barely see past the four walls of their own little boxed existence.

There are some indisputable truths concerning the human situation planted firmly through-out.

Well worth a watch, whatever your background or belief. This is one for people with open minds and open hearts, or indeed anyone who craves a safer, cleaner and more harmonious world.

It's also staggering to observe the volume of dis-information out there today - I think 'Thrive' tries to present itself as a valid piece of research and whilst I've not followed all of the references, most of the evidence and sources are compelling enough.

See it and absorb the bits that make sense to you!
  • Besides the alien stuff which is harder to prove this documentary is very accurate according to my own research over the past few years.

To the guy from Denmark who said this was nothing but propaganda, maybe you should take them time to do your own research on these subjects. Also I agree people should not always believe everything they see or read especially when it comes from known liars and people with an agenda. No one fits those characteristics better than corporations and governments.

If people are interested in a few books of well sourced material on some of these topics, I recommend En Route To Global Occupation by Gary Kah, Mankind At The Turning Point which is a book put out by one of the elites think tank groups the Club of Rome. A few more books that get in to the agenda of the elites and the organizations and think tanks they run try The deliberate dumbing down of America by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt and Behind The Green Mask: UN Agenda 21 by Rosa Koire. You can get the original edition of the deliberate dumbing down for free in digital format at deliberatedumbingdown.com or buy her new revised and abridged edition on that site or Amazon.
  • Every time somebody gives this film a good review, a Science Teacher's soul dies a little bit.

It really doesn't take any more than a passing familiarity with High School level physics to understand that the theories being peddled here are insane.

The production values are impressive, and the presentation slick enough to just about take you in for a moment or two.

But ultimately the conspiracy theory outlined just doesn't make any sense at all: if there was a source of limitless free energy out there and aliens beaming us blueprints for it, big global companies would be hard at work figuring out ways to pitch it to us and to construct services around it they could make money from, if only because the first mover to defect from the conspiracy and market the product would stand to make a stratospheric amount of money. The movie holds that somehow, the conspiracy is perfect - and the possibility of making an almost unlimited amount of money isn't enough to get any energy company to break the cartel. This is idiotic.

And yet, the gullible watch...and talk it up...and the producers laugh all the way to the bank.
  • After reading so many negative reviews, it got to be disheartening. When I come back down to earth, that 66% rating is actually quiet high. The materials can be of a stretch for the non-initiated but over time, your heart will begin to resonate once you remove everything you once believe in, what is possible and not possible and watch it with an open mind. We're program to think the FDA, EPA, WHO and CDC are some authority to certify scientific research with proof, etc - but it's actually the other way around. Within YOU and you alone has the ability to discern and AUTHORITY to authenticate the information resonate with truth or not. This is a COMPLETELY different paradigm shift of awareness that we must all go through at this time. This documentary contains information similar to what you're telling a friend who is blinded in love, clearly love the wrong person, you told him/her a million times, they're just so blind and refuse to see the glaring evidences right before their eyes?! Although you may not agree or think everything presented is impossible but just like your friend, chances are they'll eventually see the truth over time. Not all recovers, just like some will never accept glaring obvious truth and THAT IS OKAY.

The entire world once hold sacred to the truth that the world is flat and the sun/moon/planets revolve around Earth; it was at one time the indisputable fact (if you challenge it, you will never receive your PhD equivalent in those days).

One thing I will say is LOVE. Genuine love is empowerment of free will (non-violation); not submission by force/fear (violation). Use your heart to "feel" and "resonate" with the truth. Never be afraid or succumb to any "fear-based" motivation, regardless of what pretext or excuse. "Know" that you are not meat or this human body shell that decays. "Know" that you are a sentient and indestructible consciousness that survives lifetimes. On the path to the final destination of endless joy, peace and victory requires one to walk the dark path of truth (the more you know, the more pain you carry - that type of thing). In the end, if you walk the path of Service-To-Others, there will be nothing but goodness awaiting you.

Thank you for being human because Within You contains infinite wisdom and potential. You have access Within You to all problems once you begin to accept all of world's problems belong to ALL OF US.

Remembrance of WHO YOU ARE.

Remembrance.

Be.
    I've seen close to about 500 documentaries just in the past 3 years alone, ranging from all subjects : food industry, health industry, UFOs, financial meltdown, NWO, mass media manipulation, etc.

To me, THRIVE ranks among the top 5 essential documentaries of all time. It touches on a variety of subjects : free energy, crop circles, UFOs, banking/oil cartel, etc. That alone, would save you time as you don't have to watch 5-6 other documentaries on each of these separate subjects (I'd still recommend you to find as much information as possible though!).

Now... who benefits most from discrediting THRIVE as well as giving it a low rating as possible? Do you realize that many people are being paid to police, post comments on the Internet for many reasons? Governments as well as big corporations are keeping an eye on the Internet, just google terms such as "cointelpro", "internet shills" even the trolling you can see sometimes are being perpetrated by full-time professionals. AGAIN, FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Just use critical thinking, and no it's not about ME being a "conspiracy nut", there are even articles from mainstream media documenting such practices of online propaganda/disinformation/policing. If you don't trust me, just do your own research.
  • Mostly conspiracy theory, very little on thriving. Seems to lead down many paths, but no solid conclusions. Left religion out of world view discussion entirely.

Seems like an infomercial to lead you to their 'cause' or web site.

Parts seem professional, others seem amateurish. Gamble gives some personal background, pictures of college activities, then jumps forward 40 years. Like a New Age lecture dressed in semi-scientific mumbo jumbo. Repeatedly mentions family names of world conspirators, like beating a dead horse.

Several 'suppressed' energy devices are shown, mostly past-tense. No mention is made of present advances in Free Energy like Steorn's Orbo, Rossi's eCat, or Joule's 'Liquid Fuel from the Sun' which is already commercially viable. Instead, it shows conventional, capital intensive, low efficiency energy capture systems: solar cells and windmills, which are institutionalized by corporations like GE from which Gamble is divorcing himself.

All in all, not rewarding, like a teaspoon of Thrive in a Gallon of Conspiracy.
  • Excellent movie about the truth. It keeps bringing in front of us the reason we born: to be happy! To evolve! It present the obstacles (including invisible one) standing in every ones life from reaching an elevating stage. For being sure what will bring the future we need to: learn from the past, live in present with future in mind! And this is exactly what we are not allowed to do! I kindly suggest viewing this movie and judging them at the end via your own soul … and see if it is fair the richest get richer and everyone else no matter …. In steed to have all a place under the sun. If there is a drop of humanity in you … now it is an excellent time to do something.
    This documentary represents the culmination of the best of the best research from hundreds of people that's been accumulating on the internet for several years.

This film is the Truth Bomb.

Thrive is a Grad-School level survey of accumulated knowledge that's heretical to the global corporate culture we live in. Hence, most people have not heard of the wealth of information included in Thrive, and, to a large extent have been culturally programmed to reject this information without investigation for spurious (and often canonical) reasons.

If you haven't seen any of the "Undergrad-level" material that should probably be listed as prerequisites, you will most likely find yourself repeating programmed gibberish like "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" or "If all this were true no one could have kept it a secret for this long". You would do well to suspend your disbelief just long enough to openly consider the material.

My own research has paralleled Gamble's so much of the information is familiar to me. I cannot vouch for the torus and new energy inventions, but I regard these as merely the vehicle by which Gamble arrives at the body of information covered after the 20 minute-mark in the video. To me, it doesn't matter how he got there because the later realizations don't logically depend on torus geometry or free energy.

My own collection is called the "Red Pill Guide" and is available at http://www.martintruther.com/RedPillGuide.htm . Some of the videos I'd recommend as prerequisites include:

1. The 2001 "Disclosure Project" video. 2. Bill Still's "The Money Masters" 3. "Run from the Cure" re: Rick Simpson and Phoenix Tears 4. Coast-to-coast a.m. interview of Gene Mallove by George Noory 5. Alex Jones' documentary on Bilderberg conferences.

If none of this is familiar to you, you'll either be lost or overwhelmed and tempted to write the whole thing off as "conspiracy theory" or "propaganda".

You'll want to do the background research. I could boast a few of my academic credentials, but it doesn't matter because people need to do their own fact-checking on material this ground-breaking. I assure you, however, this documentary is worth every minute you decide to spend on it.

The information represents a world-view change every bit as profound as Galileos, probably more so because the sophistication of corporate media keeping a lid on this info has been much higher than the Catholic church's in Galileo's time.

You are in for one hell of a ride. Enjoy-- this is a true historic watershed.
  • I enjoyed watching the movie which is rich on ideas and one can assume to be done with good intentions. I fully subscribe to the message of awakening and the documentary touches upon many important topics on global problems.

However, the movie lacks coherence and throws together unrelated issues from Fed conspiracy to Deepak Chopra's spiritual teachings. Moreover, one needs to seriously double-check the claims on some conspiracy theories. Some are obviously unfounded and fabricated, therefore seriously taking away credibility.

It's too easy to invent some scapegoats like 'these families', the government, the banks, the bad corporations, the rich etc. All these organizations are made of us people and its within our power to take self-responsibility and shape our lives, societies etc. in a better way.

UPDATE: FLAWED The movie is even so deeply flawed that 10 people - including Deepak Chopra - who appeared in the movie have dissociated themselves with the movie! See www.thrivemovement.com/thrive-movie-pioneer-letter-of- dissociation
  • I am not one to write many reviews,except when strongly compelled to do so.

How could a man like Foster Gamble, who was born into limitless wealth, squander his potential like this?

This whole "documentary" is a farce. A swindle covered with the same stench that clings to people who profess to have healing powers, mind reading ability, clairvoyance or channelling powers. There is no science to be found here. None.

If you are moderately educated stay away. Watching this is very painful.
    Host was using every now and then some key words, talking about him on life-long quest in search for answer, ancient wisdom he learn about universal in Universe patterns, he called him self "independent journalist" as well.

If you'd like to know what's this about, well it's just poorly made propaganda on Illuminati preventing us from having clean source of clean energy, from contact with friendly aliens, from being happy, libertarian society with unlimited income and extremely limited taxes.

And apparently they'll kill some of us with laser beams from orbit, because we have now microchips in our bodies and government can track us down, and there are camps (I can't see why not) all over the USA just getting ready for American citizens to be contained, and probably slaughtered.

Just save your time, please and watch something else.
    Silly me read this: "An unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what's really going on in our world by following the money upstream" in the summary and thought it was an actual documentary about the economy.

Little did I know that Thrive deals only in aliens and manipulative computer graphics. The entire set-up reminded me of the TV-show Ancient Aliens. Neither Ancient Aliens nor Thrive qualify to be classified as documentaries.

"All facts in this movie have been independently confirmed"

This statement in the beginning should let you know that what you're about to see is pure fiction.
  • Before (or after) you watch this movie, you should read the review by the James Randi Educational Foundation:

It gives a more sensible view on the topics, and on conspiracy theories in general. Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.

"Admittedly, there have been real conspiracies. The planning of Lincoln's assassination was a real conspiracy, but the moon-landing was not. For free energy theories proposed by Thrive to be accurate, the entire energy industry would have to be silencing every inventor, paying off every thermodynamics professor, and muffling every investigative journalist in the developed world."
  • I just saw this movie tonight and thought I'd read some reviews here to see what people think. First off, if you are going to debate this film you must be able to write correctly! How come everything I see here looks like it was written by someone who doesn't speak English as a first language? Also, there is a difference between YOUR and YOU'RE.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that. This movie brings up a lot of interesting points and confirms my belief that the super elite have been making us live unhealthy lives and are controlling us. I do not understand why this movie begins with UFO theories and whatnot. That is an entirely different discussion altogether. But I commend this guy for his unapologetic frankness towards how the super rich are ruining everything. People do not realize how bad the US farming industry is and how everything is corrupt and poison. Everything we're fed causes cancer and other diseases and most people don't even realize it. I recommend watching Food, Inc. for information on that. I know this is hastily written but anyway... I am praying for tidal waves
    I remain sceptical about some parts of this movie, the parts concerning crop circles and aliens. However I do believe very strongly that everything laid out when he 'follows the money' is totally factually true and it matches my own research.

Food, health, energy, education and above all the monopoly over money creation all controlled ultimately by the same small group of individuals who own the central banks. Their only mistake so far has been in letting the internet remain free.

The New World Order is a very real threat and humanity is in danger of sleepwalking into war and then a global dictatorship. We are being set up in a trap. This is not a conspiracy theory this is real

Other reviews point out that this documentary uses propaganda techniques. This is not unusual in such a type of film. I imagine it would be almost impossible to find a single documentary anywhere ever made which does not. Don't let this stop you watching it.

There is a corner of my own mind which remains sceptical over the real intentions of the man behind this movie. But at face value it does seem that all he wants is for our species to THRIVE.

I recommend spreading this film like a virus.