- Two men are seen fighting and are seen with bruises and bloody wounds.
- The Johnstown Flood of 1899 is shown, nothing too graphic is shown. However it is implied that a child is killed, and the dead body of a civilian is shown. Later actual footage from the flood is shown, not too graphic but could be upsetting.
- Henry Frick is shown forcefully removing a person from a home he now owns, and he has a chain. Implying that he beat the man with it.
- People are shown dying in factories, and the horrible working conditions there.
- In the episode "Owning It All." Within the first 5 minutes, we see a dramatization of one of the first executions by Electric Chair, which goes wrong, while its not incredibly graphic since his face is covered. We do see blood dripping from his fingers, and see smoke rising from the back of his head. This lasts from about two minutes.
- Real Footage of Topsy the Elephant being electrocuted is shown, the footage stops before the actual execution.
- The Homestead Strike is shown, and is probably the most graphic scene in the entire series. The innocent workers are fired on by Private Officers, many die, and one is shot and killed by a younger officer after he has a gun head to head by his superior. He vomits soon afterward.