User Reviews (7)

• jahayra11728 May 2014
    Not much of a Spanish TV watcher, especially not soaps, but stumbled on this while checking out OnDemand on HBO one night and now I'm completely addicted. It's like watching the Latin Sopranos, or better a combination of Sopranos and the Professional in Spanish. It's action packed and the scenes related to the family are well done. There are a few recognizable actors but all new for me. Love the slightly foreign feel, since I read it's filmed in Mexico, but not so much you don't believe it's real. The violence is brutal but not entirely gory and the connections between characters keeps you hooked. I'm 41 years old and I've always found Latin TV to be silly, not real enough but they figured this one out nicely. Highly Recommended!
  • arisims143216 June 2014
    Not a fan of Latin American TV series, but since the first episode I got hooked... the characters, the plot, the integration of different stories, it is very violent, sometimes gory, but it does not rely on the graphics... the storyline is soo good, the interpretations are excellent, the way the story flows, really makes sense... even if you are not a Spanish TV watcher, you should check on the upcoming season, and I can assure you will get the past seasons... Best Spanish TV series E V E R... Sopranos meets hit-man and spit on your grave (weird ah?)check it out... timothy Dalton(seen as the dea agent in colombiana) deserves an award... also the director and the producer...
  • Must watch - Get past the first episode and you will be trying to watch the whole series in one sitting. The actors are big screen quality. The premise is unique. No other like it on TV. There is a degree of morbidity well hidden by the plot for each episode. Hard to believe that we want the main characters to succeed in their "Jobs". It moves at the right pace. The plot and the acting make the premise believable. A MUST watch for anyone that likes good acting, a different type of scenery, and to become involved in the plot of every episode. If you are the type who likes a love story in the plot or one who likes fast pace action with unrealistic "always win" expectations, this may not be your best series to watch.
  • I came across Sr. Avila just browsing and it caught my attention. I got hooked and love it!!! I recommend it and it is a five star in my book. I watched all of series in 3 days I was so hooked. I love foreign movies and this falls into that realm. I watched all the series in 3 days and could not wait to watch. I hope this series continues and will have a third one.

The plot was different and all the characters are great. I have been looking and with no success to find this series on DVD. When will this be available in America?? I found it is only available at this time on Amazon through streaming only. How can I find out when or where this is available to buy this in DVD series ??
  • Found this one by accident, took a few minutes to look at it, and was immediately hooked. Excellent show! Spanish subtitles, hecho en Mexico. The plot itself merits high praise and the Mexican eye makes it irresistible. I just can not wait for the next season!! Anyone who can say when it will air, well, that would be greatly appreciated. Found this one by accident, took a few minutes to look at it, and was immediately hooked. Excellent show! Spanish subtitles, hecho en Mexico. The plot itself merits high praise and the Mexican eye makes it irresistible. I just can not wait for the next season!! Anyone who can say when it will air, well, that would be greatly appreciated.
    I loved the first season, very unique and engaging. Emiliano was annoying, but the other kid was fantastic. I just started season 2 and the first episode was AWFUL. I don't know what happened. All of a sudden there is this drama and stupid nonsensical scenes where you have no idea if he is dreaming or hallucinating or it is real? Did they get a new director? New writers? So vastly different than the first season that was visceral and real. I really, really hope it was just one episode. I was bored and annoyed badly. I cam on here just to check if I could find out if something drastic changed the production for season 2. I really hope this improves and I don't have to abandon watching this. Love the character Ivan and that mortuary chick, the psycho kid was awesome. Emiliano and the mom are boring.
  • If I can describe Sr. Avila, in 3 words will be: slow bad direction. Here my summary: Title : Good, and gets your attention. Music : Good, and do their thing. Topic : Same old story, nothing new.

The way that the series tell you the story, is to slow, the writers apparently have an idea, and they extend it to the limit (not a good thing), they took 2 chapters to get to the point.

The direction or way of film it (photography) always to close to the character without a point, and the low light scenes, always is this king of dust in the air, the film is dirty, stop creating the idea that the dust gives you a mysticism, not it does not.

Tony Dalton is the same in all scenes, he can be fireman or insurance guy and act the same way always. Please, tell him that in all movies is the same type of actuation.

The relation between Avila and his wife, not credible at all, please they are married for 10 years and still talking like that? writers come on, be more real.

Writing: please do a little research about guns, weapons, killing, assassination, mafia. No because you have an idea about how is like, doesn't mean that that is how it is. DO RESEARCH, be real. The ideas need to be developed.

Acting: please, and please, learn how to handle a gun, go to a gun range and fire some shots. Get training, research. Kid (killer) to overacted on his lunacy, or perhaps the camera to close to his face. Old SR, good, although needs to be more impersonal, more cold, better dress, suit up appropriate!!!. He must me impersonal, cold, talk with his eyes and not mouth. Writers & Director come ooon.

You need to get better, special the direction.