• It's good. I had no idea what to expect in all honest. I am not huge fans of other movies by these actors, but this really worked. You could see the great chemistry between them all and it paid off.

What I liked: I enjoyed how it didn't dither about at the beginning and got right into the action. Jack Black especially was brilliant and hilarious! All the actors/actresses were great but Jack Black stood out. Good mix of action and comedy throughout. I was on the edge of my seat (metaphorically) wanting them to escape the game.

Negatives: not many to be honest, couple of scenes were slightly cringe, but not off putting. Same logic goes for a couple of scenes which felt dragged out.

I think people need to forget about this being a remake of a classic film and treat it as a separate movie altogether. If you start comparing the 2 that's when it goes wrong.

Ps.. Karen Gillan. Marry me please?

Worth watching and will be going cinema for 2nd instalment.
  • Who would have thought that the sequel to a much-loved classic would, in my opinion, turn into such a stand-alone powerhouse!?!

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle, does just that.

Not only is it a virtual non-stop ride of hilarity and laugh-out-loud moments, and it is, but the chemistry among the adult cast members is practically flawless and lends to the easy banter and overflowing, genius, COMEDIC DIALOGUE which just SHINES. Every look, every gesture, every note from The Rock, Kevin Hart and Jack Black are perfection in that at no time do you doubt they are who they are supposed to be. Karen Gillan is adorable and gorgeous at the same time. The obvious fun they are having, despite what I imagine to be uncomfortable filming locales, is palpable, and as an audience member, _if you allow yourself to be_, you WILL be swept up and transported by it.

So, why ANY low ratings?

While the first Jumanji was 'fun', underneath the fun, there were dark layers. There is none of that here and perhaps, this is where some of the disconnect from its detractors comes from. Unlike the original Jumanji, Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle is a fun, and funny, film throughout.

In closing, quite to the contrary of what a couple of reviewers are saying about Robin Williams, such as: 'he'd be rolling over in his grave (over this movie)', Robin Williams was one of those rare and amazingly special individuals who found joy and humor in most everything, and who chose to share that with those of us who are lucky enough to be witness to some of the favorites he left behind. Personally, I find it in very bad taste and verging on offensive, that those who seem to not share the capacity to laugh or live the way he did, or the ability to laugh with the rest of us, and who lack the gift of both being able to give or receive the very humor which exuded from Mr. Williams, would dare say he would be doing anything other than laughing riotously while munching on some popcorn and watching this film.

Thank you, Robin Williams, for the precursor which was so fantastic, it brought about an equally wonderful sequel.

You are missed.
  • I used to have an IMDB account when I was a teen - or at least thought I did, but couldn't log on. In any case, I think I've visited here maybe twice in the last five years. Today though, after just getting back from watching this with my almost-grown kids, I had to make an account just to leave this review.

To begin, I'll never understand people. I can't believe the negative reviews. How could anyone not have laughed like hell while watching this and still have a pulse? I didn't go in expecting much, but I came out with a smile on my face. The girl is hot, Jack Black "owns it", I've never been overly enthused about Kevin Hart, but he was fantastic. and The Rock just knocked it out of the park.

I saw one review which reads: "not a wrestling fan ever so to see 'the rock' in movies, instantly puts me off!" Does anyone else want to vomit at the inanity, irony and ludicrousness of that statement? Then you have the user who out of 40+ titles he/she has reviewed in the past has only ever rated TWO above three stars. Seriously, if you don't enjoy films and find them so terrible, find a new hobby already. You've got one guy saying the shirt one of the kids wore was outdated. So, I'm guessing one can only wear clothing depicting the current year? Then you have the reviewers who maybe didn't understand the dialogue since they can barely communicate correctly themselves (such gems - I kid you not - as: 'averege'; 'what so ever'; 'family fair' (fare); 'are just wasn't'; 'due to it has'; 'all of there' {their); 'coz it is boring story'; 'no compare with'). Finally, you have the maybe half dozen reviewers who are so caught up in their bigotry that they can't relax and enjoy a film if it isn't whitewashed and who complain about the "Hollywood liberal agenda of diversity". Leave the politics at the door, man. In short, Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle was a fantastic hour or more of rip-riding fun and laughs.

Except for one very funny moment, Dwayne Johnson retires his wrestling persona for this film and instead, provides a smoldering and intense performance, riddled with good-natured hilarity as the lead in this film. Gillan was great in Doctor Who, and although I thought she was the weakest of both characters and actors in this film, she still held her own and looked fantastic doing so. She has one of those faces you can't help but love. Kevin Hart was fantastic as the diminutive valet and looking back, I think he was somehow involved in every funny moment in which I laughed the hardest. Finally, the master, the maestro (though I never really was a fan prior to this), Jack Black plays the teen beauty queen with 100% commitment and to perfection.

10/10 and definitely a film I will be purchasing right after I click "Submit". You can never have enough laughter in life, and Jumanji, Welcome to the Jungle delivers barrels-full.
  • markovd1112 November 2019
    When I saw new "Jumanji" movie is in the works and saw how does it look like, I was pretty irritated. I didn't see the need for it and couldn't possibly see it at the same quality and style as the first one. Expectations sank even lower when I found about the cast. And then, 2 years later, I finally watched and, surprise, it's fun. It isn't something that will make you rolling on the floor from laughing or make you cry, but it's an enjoyable ride, actors actually aren't bad and wooden, so you will find yourself grinning a lot, particularly at the male part of the cast, which is awesome, especially Kevin Hart. Watch it with a good friend or a loved one and enjoy. It's not a masterpiece, but it's not just a dumb Hollywood blockbuster either. 8/10
  • Jack_C_24 December 2017
    We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of this remake. The jokes are nonstop and witty. Characters are well fleshed out with each person playing a physical opposite of their persona outside of Jumanji. A little homage is paid to Alan Parrish at the beginning of the movie, and the movie continues, 20 years after the events of 1996.

The Rock is always fun, but shines as a scared nerd with no confidence. Karen Gillan is adorable as the socially awkward nerdy girl. Jack Black playing a self obsessed popular girl is laugh out loud funny. Kevin Hart as a shrunken jock with many assigned weaknesses is classic.

All in all a nearly perfect family comedy that rises above lowest common denominator humor. Worth the trip to see it on the big screen. You do not have to see the original to appreciate it. Not quite 10 stars because adult re-watch value is just not there.
  • dontpanik9 December 2017
    We went to see this as part of the early screening for Amazon Prime members. I always worry that all the funniest parts of a movie are spoiled in the trailer leaving nothing left in the film. That isn't the case. I was either smiling or laughing the entire movie, as was the rest of the theater. Is it Citizen Kane? No. Was I going to the theater wanting to watch a drama that delved deep into the characters' lives? No, again.

Our 4 heroes are sent to detention where they discover and are consequently sucked into Jumanji. They become the avatars they chose for the game and must complete the object of the game without using up all their lives. They have to work together, as a team. It is so much fun. It's predictable, funny, cute and the most important, entertaining. The actors are great in it, including a few cameos that were unexpected.

The humor isn't too crude, but still slapstick-y and funny. It was along the vein of Shrek, Rat Race, or Clue. Again, if you're looking for deep and can't stand watching a movie without questioning everything, skip this one. This is one of those movies I'll be buying just so I can put it on and laugh.
  • We went to see this movie today with the kids, and MAN: I had a blast! I expected it to be a nice movie, but I was so surprised by every single minute.

Jack Black is at his best in this kind of comedic roles. He's hilarious in this one too. Dwayne Johnson and the rest also give a very entertaining performance.

It is so much fun: I cannot stop talking about it!

I did have to force myself to stop thinking about Robin Williams, for emotional reasons. This movie is a great tribute to Robin.

Yes, it does have some continuity problems with the Robin Williams movie, but it's forgivable. The movie is full of action, good humor and special effects you'd wish they had back in 1995 with the first movie.'

Go see it!
  • Reboots can be tricky. While some click, most of them crumble under the pressure to shake off the barrage of comparisons that would be thrown at the movie. Last couple of years saw such horrible reboots like Jurassic World, The Mummy, Kong: Skull Island. But much like Spiderman: Homecoming, Jumanji succeeds to impress the viewers. Jumanji gets a modern age makeover where now instead of a board game it is a video game. Four teenagers with varying personalities are put together in a detention. Here they discover the Jumanji video game and enter the world of Jumanji as their avatars. Then starts the fun ride. There are enough plot holes like how did the video game end up in a high school from Alex's freak house. The movie uses time tested cliche - Four teenagers with some flaw realize their shortcomings when (literally) seen from some other's point of view. But the fun parts of the movie makes us forget them, at least till the movie ends.

The movie does not take itself seriously, and that is a huge plus point. The plot of the movie is crazy, there are man eating albino (what?!) rhinos on one side and villainous henchmen with crazy mud racing bike skills on the other side. But such craziness has been ridiculed in the movie itself, which makes you fall in love with it more.

The bigger plus for the movie has been the performance of the lead actors. All of them have created niche for themselves in the film industry. Jumanji has used such niche beautifully and built very funny characters. Parts where Dwayne Johnson(Spencer) stops to admire his own physique will have you in splits. Not to mention his hilarious display of 'smoldering intensity'. Kevin Hart is Kevin Hart and Jack Blake as a women in a man's body is perfect. Karen Gillan, who is this mean Nebula in MCU, comes up with a very charming performance.

All in all, Jumanji is a movie that you can watch without any regret. It will make you gasp, wonder and laugh hysterically. It is definitely worth a watch.
  • I took one look at the trailer and was certain it would be rubbish

Finally watched it on TV and was surprised that it's good solid family entertainment.

Not outstanding but a respectable 7 stars.
  • I would watch this movie two more times at least. This was a very funny movie. Arguably one of the best performance Jack Black has done. When I watched this with my family, in a packed movie theatre, I kid you not, the entire cinema was laughing during quite a few of the scenes. The humour is excellently tailored to the audience and is a beautiful tribute to the original Jumanji with Robin Williams. The way it fantastically coincides with the original movie and moves onto a sort of sequel to this is beautiful, and a rare thing these days. The movie is very funny and easily one of the greatest movies to have come out this year. It is certainly in the top 15 movies that have come out, post 2010, accompanied with the likes of Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool and now the recent movie that just came out, Bright. If you felt that Bright was also under-appreciated by movie critics, the exact same thing has happened here as Jumanji is a 100% gaurantee, a movie that will be appreciated after watching. Personally, I would watch it again and again with people. It is not just a movie to watch and discard, this is one to put on the bookshelf and watch again in the future. Loved it. Thank you for such a great movie with a fantastic and fun cast who clearly have great chemistry on and off the screen.
  • I would say I gave it a 10 to balance out the bobo-heads with no funny-bone in their body's low scores, but no; this movie deserves a 10 and more.

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle is a stand-alone, HILARIOUS romp which leaves the original in the dust. Heck, HILARIOUS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. Note that this is not to say that the original Jumanji was bad. On the contrary, it was great, especially for when it was filmed and who better than SIR Robin Williams, but in terms of laugh-out-loud good fun and non-stop smiles, this Jumanji far outpaces and outdoes the original.

While my BF and I have somewhat different tastes in movies, and he is not a Rock fan (he loved him as a wrestler, not so much as an actor), we both laughed SO MUCH while watching this. The Rock knocks it out of the park with equally stellar performances by Jack Black and Kevin Hart. What is even more fabulous is that it has kids humor, yes, but also 'thinking-people's humor' in the form of obscure little tidbits which are dropped here and there and keep you on your toes and grinning ear-to-ear. There is hardly any scene where you step out of the roller coaster ride of fun it sets you on from the moment they (and you) are IN Jumanji.

Do yourself a favor. Watch this, and if you don't laugh raucously at LEAST six times, seriously, consider what else might be wrong. In fact, if you read through some of the negative comments, you see the same old, bored, stagnant people complaining about it being "too PC", AND BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Cry me a river. If you notice these people's other reviews, it is easy to see that anything that they consider too scary (read: progressive) to fit in the mold of their little minds and world, automatically gets relegated to the 1/10 pile. Shame.

In closing, this Jumanji gained a place within my favorite movies of all time, and the only thing which makes me sad about it, is that 1. I wonder if upon a fourth viewing (we saw it three times) through my 20th it will lose some of its luster; and 2. that it wasn't much, much longer, as I did not want the fun to end.
  • All of the performers are fantastic in this film, and are perfect fits for their roles. The group dynamics are excellent, and they all have hilarious back-and-forths with each other. Some of my favorite moments in the movie are when everyone is simply standing around talking. Dwayne Johnson really shows his comedic talents here. While he does have a few scenes where he gets to show off his action chops, most of his role is comedy-heavy, and he delivers on it. Kevin Hart plays the same character he always plays, and more times than not it annoys me, but for whatever reason here it works. Maybe it's his chemistry with the other actors, but he's hysterical in this movie. I'm not a huge fan of Karen Gillan's character of Nebula in the Guardians of the Galaxy films, so I wasn't sure how she was going to be in this. But she delivers as well. Not only does she nail the action beats (and she has some of the best in the whole movie), but she also has some great comedic moments, comedy that I didn't know she could pull off as well as she did. But the true star of this movie is Jack Black. I thought he was hysterical in the trailer, but I was afraid that the concept of him actually being a teenage girl would get old and annoying quick, but it doesn't. Black is perfect for this role, and nails every comedic moment he's given. They are all fantastic together, and it makes for some great entertainment...
  • The original Jumanji was supposed to be a one-and-done film, even though it teased the potential for a sequel. Many voiced trepidation at the prospect of a sequel after all these years later, and after the tragic death of original star Robin Williams, there were valid concerns about whether this sequel could be both a good movie and a fitting sequel and tribute to what had come before.

I am glad to report that it fulfilled all expectations.

The film relies almost entirely on its star power, and it has that in spades with the likes of Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, and Nick Jonas. Where the charm resides, though, is the actors playing against their types through the means of real-world to video game body switching: The Rock embodying a nerdy hypochondriac, Hart an all-star jock, Gillan a shy insecure reject, and perhaps most brilliant of them all, Black housing a she's-all-that pretty girl. Together our four teenage protagonists get sucked into the video game incarnation of Jumanji, a jungle land that is threatened from the typical video game threat, and our heroes must do the usual video game tasks in order to beat the game and return to the real world, all without getting killed in-game, which will get them killed in real life after three lives.

The film thematically treads the same sort of ground that other teen movies tend to cover, mainly the stereotypical high school tropes get thrust into a situation that forces them to work together to correct each other's flaws and by the end they return to their 'normal' lives as better people.

What the film does different in the body-switching is that these tropes are transferred onto adult actors, people who each have tropes of their own, and the way that each actor gets to play against their type is definitely what makes this movie so fun.

On the flipside, like a video game, the villain is very one- dimensional, and while the narrative isn't necessarily harmed by it, it does stand out as something that's lacking, wishing that the villain was more than just 'I will kill you because reasons'.

Also, the character introductions in the real world at the beginning of the film feel very forced, as in we all know they end up in the game, and the reasons they get into the situation feel very convenient, as if the writers could not find an elegant means to get these four people in the same place in front of the game console at the same time, so they just threw them all together.

These are fairly minor nitpicks, as the pace of this film is fast, it doesn't really drag at all, and while they do repeat a joke or two, it doesn't step over the line into annoying. All this makes for a very fun film, definitely worth your time this holiday season, and after once it gets released on home media.
  • Jumanji 1995 has many memorial moments for example: The reveal of the Jumanji board, monkeys robbing a police car, the stampede, sinking floors, the flooded room with some crocodiles, the incredible use of the sound track, basically a lot of stuff. The original is well crafted and now it's 2017 and we have Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. It's a fun, action comedy film with really cool references to the first film but as much as it entertains me it's not Jumanji. As Robin Williams said "I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares" but in this film the jungle is safe enough to make margaritas and have scented candles on display. Dwayne Johnson tries to play a geeky character but he still plays that big tough guy. Kevin Hart plays himself nothing new, Karen Gillan plays a geeky shy girl and she has done that before and finally the highlight of the film is Jack Black playing as a teenage girl named Bethany. Everything Jack says is incredibly funny and will leave you falling off your seat. Like I said before it's not Jumanji, 6.5/10.
  • Fun movie for family. Silly at times with decent action and interesting people. If you are a guy wanting to bring wife/girlfriend to movie you'll both walk out feeling you got your money's worth then this is a great pick. It won't win any fancy awards but best movie in theaters right now.
  • This is such a dumb movie but honestly that's what makes it so great. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a fun movie that doesn't take itself seriously and it shows. Of course it's a twist on the original Jumanji movie that will never capture the same magic. But for everyone expecting it to be a giant flop, it ends up being pretty fun.

3.5/5. Above expectations.
  • I actually come to watch this movie with low expectation. I watched 1st Jumanji and it was really great (and I watched it a couple times). The sequel is a little different with it's successor, with the theme is still same, a game that involved real adventures to it's player. Four teenagers sucked into the game, and they become a character they chose (which is very different from their real life). The movie is so funny, and if you played RPGs game you will find this really entertaining. The humour is still suitable for young audiences, so it's a family movie too. And while it's a humour adventures movie, it still have a good message. So I really recommend it, hope you'll enjoy it too.
  • I'm going to be honest, at first I really didn't consider watching this, specially because I watched the first one and I feel in love instantly. I mean, these days sequels to a 20 years old movies or reboots aren't that great, and I'm not that stingy with reboots, because I just want to watch a movie and not compare to the original one, I like watching it as a standalone. But with these one, I was so worried, but oh man, I love to be wrong in these situations. It was brilliant, I was not feeling the modern version of Jumanji, but that was cleared in the beginning and it didn't bothered me that much, actually. The characters were amazing to watch, mostly because I easily related to them if I was in that situation with my friends. The plot was good enough, nothing new and unique, but it was well planned and cohesive, and that's one of the most important aspects of a plot. The game theme was so well written in this movie, and once again super cohesive and it follows it's rules, which demonstrates excellent writing and not just "for a moment in particular alteration". The cast was phenomenal, even though I liked The Roch way more before, it was still pleasant to watch him in a different role, actually more funny and interesting than I want to admit, and the rest of the cast I was already in love, specially Jack Black, who killed this performance alongside Kevin Hart and Karen Gillian (who I never watch before, but I'm already in love). This is a perfect family adventurous movie, you don't have to watch the first one, but there are easter eggs in this sequel that are so special to those who enjoyed the first one, like me. Give it a go, I can't promise you'll love it, but to me it's good entertainment
  • sahadat-5313820 December 2017
    Really enjoyable movie! The movie is well paced, great cast, great action sequences. I think this is a must see movie, for all the family.
    Heard about another Jumanji Film being made, but thought it was going to be a remake of sorts. Well, through years of development it seems to be more of a different take on the 1995 classic! And a good take it was!

Starting at 1996, a young man finds a "board game" on the beach after hearing the iconic "jungle drums" sound emitting from the box partially covered in sand. Like the original, he finds it, takes it home with him, & then finds out it's an Nintendo like game & plugs it into his console & starts playing, he gets sucked in & is trapped in the game, similar to the original, but as a computer games console, not a board game, interesting take.

So fast forward 21 years later, & 4 young teens who all come together via detention play the game & get sucked in after finding it in a store room in the school. It's then they find themselves in different bodies & each have 3 lives like that of a computer console game. They then learn of the curse of the jungle via a green jewel & must place it back where it was & shout "Jumanji!".

The film I thought was pretty good! Of course it wouldn't be nearly as good as it's counter back in '95, but it's pretty damn close to be an original & somewhat is! The story was simple & easy to follow, the characters were great & likable, Karen Gillan was a babe in this film! (sorry had to say it!), but she & the others were great! I also liked the humour in this film too! It was funny & fitted well!

I was kind of peeved it wasn't set in the real world as appose to a jungle, but I suppose it was because they were sucked into a different world so it made sense in a way, & it wasn't too bad either!

Overall this film was a good watch & matches pretty well with the original film! 9/10 Go watch it!
  • The steady and impressive box office success is well-deserved. This movie is pure fun! Actually, it's more than fun; it's clever and perfectly 2018.

No one plays board games anymore, so what did the filmmakers do? They changed Jumanji into a video game. Simple, yet smart. This change not only made sense, it also opened the doors for the characters to possess and exhibit wildly over-the-top skills and physical abilities that would only make sense in a video game setting.

Also perfectly 2018, the handling of Karen Gillan's short shorts. The film earnestly attempts to comment on how video games exploit female characters in blatantly sexual ways. "Why am I wearing short shorts in the jungle?!" she exclaims. This scene is well done and could have made a worthy statement if the movie did not proceed to display her booty in the short shorts at multiple junctures throughout the film. The intentions were good; the execution, not so much.

Gillan plays a powerful female badass exceptionally well. She even nails the necessary nuances required in playing a shy, unconfident student who is merely inhabiting the avatar of the female badass. Each star in the movie plays the embodiment of an avatar assumed by the high school kids after they are sucked into the Jumanji video game. I understand that the last sentence sounds ridiculous. That's Jumanji. You have to tolerate a bit of ridiculous. Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black all deliver in their roles. Hart is hilarious. Black reminds us that he is still funny. Jack Black should be in more funny movies. Johnson is equal parts funny and charming to such an obscene level that it almost doesn't make sense. He's at the point now that he can still be wonderful and charming, even if the movie around him falls woefully flat (shout out to Baywatch).

Setting much of the film in a video game also excused an exceedingly simple plot. The movie embraces this. With all the funny lines, the best one comes when at one point someone asks a video game character in a car "why can't you just drive us where we need to go?" At that moment I realized that this movie knows exactly what it is.

Still, the movie is not perfect. Bobby Canavale's villain character is strange in a strange way, rather than strange in a cool way. The dialogue has its flaws too. At one point, Jack Black's character gives a pep talk to Karen Gillan's character about confidence. At first, it seems like a lovely speech that tells a teenage girl that she has value because of who she is as a person. Then it abruptly ends with "I'm just saying you're a babe." Oh, so physical attractiveness is what gives her value? Ugh. Once again, they were so close to delivering a worthwhile message, but fell just short.

These faults are only slight hiccups. Most viewers probably will barely notice them. They certainly didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie. Above all else, the movie is about fun. And on that aspect, it comes through with flying colors.
  • Takethispunch31 December 2017
    Four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. What they discover is that you don't just play Jumanji - you must survive it. To beat the game and return to the real world, they'll have to go on the most dangerous adventure of their lives, discover what Alan Parrish left 20 years ago, and change the way they think about themselves - or they'll be stuck in the game forever.
  • With Robin Williams (RIP), a young Kirsten Dunst, Bonnie Hunt and others. They had a nice notion of making a comedic espect of it using "body swap" (the big muscular in the game is actually a weak nerd in real life, the popular girl is a middle aged man etc. - that's pretty much it.

Like this game, some things should be left alone .
  • Jumanji 2 is a hilarious, fun, escapist, adventure movie starring The Rock, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart. Using video game rules, the movie truly brings video game magic to the screen, and subtly pokes fun at the action genre. The Rock is great as usual and has a literally huge presence in the movie. The chemistry among the cast is great, and the Rock proves once again he is the go to guy if Hollywood wants to revitalize a franchise, though he has yet to prove he can fuel an actual franchise by himself. As for Jack Black and Kevin Hart, both provide great comedy to an already comical The Rock. However, Kevin Hart's character is more interesting than Black's and therefore wins the crown for best comical character in the movie. Karen Gillan is stunning, and kicks ass, though she is not given much else to do. The movie has great sweeping shots, and over the top action, but all of this makes the movie plausible, given the premise that the characters are trapped in a game world. Recommended for all to watch
  • The original Jumanji is a nostalgic film from my childhood. It still held up when I rewatched it earlier this month. The effects aren't the greatest but the film was fun and had a lot of heart. I was not one of those annoying people who had pitchforks out when they heard about Jumanji being rebooted or getting a sequel. Always give a film a chance, that's what I do. After seeing promo pics and trailers I was hyped. I like The Rock and Kevin Hart working together, and also love Karen Gillan. The film looked like a fresh spin on the original and even looked like an effort that wanted to stand on its own. It does exactly that. Say what you want, this is a very fun film.

Four different teenagers are given detention and once there they discover an old video game named Jumanji. They plug the game system in and are sucked into the world of Jumanji, primarily in a jungle where they must return a jewel into an enormous Jaguar statue. Sounds easy, but the jungle is filled with tricks and traps and wild animals. Oh yeah, the four characters become the characters in the game physically. This makes for a very entertaining time with almost non stop humor on top of its adventure.

The actors do very well in this. Jack Black and Kevin Hart bring the comedy. Jack Black's character is actually the embodiment of a self absorbed teenage girl, and he plays that remarkably well. I dig Kevin Hart with his loud commentary. I also love that he's always getting knocked over thrown around, in the way of danger, or in this films case- explodes. All the humor in this film comes at you tenfold and it all works. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat and, while somewhat predictable its never boring. The action scenes are gripping and grand scale. I loved the world of the film and the connection between the characters.

The film has a few nods to the original but the film is still quite independent from the original which is nice. Really its in name alone; the connection to the first. Overall, its a blast at the end of the year. Its a re-watchable and exciting comedy/adventure. Take off your critical lenses and actually sit and enjoy this. The negative things I'm reading about this are analyzing it on such a deep level. Dude, relax and enjoy.