User Reviews (10)

• Played this for my two nieces, ages 11 and 12, and they loved it. I could hear them laughing as I was cooking in the kitchen. I watched most of it from afar and it looked good.

My younger niece already asked to watch it again, so I figured I'd post this review for anyone else who might have girls in junior high. It seems perfect for them.
  • In spite of its attempt to appeal to geeks by CONSTANTLY pandering with sci-fi references, this is ultimately a good example of what happens when a talented cast gets little to do. That's not to say there aren't funny moments. There are! (Especially from Eden Sher.) But the overall experience feels empty. It's yet another teen movie version of Animal Farm with very little imagination and not even a clear idea of how the "losers" take over the school. I had at least hoped for a fun, cathartic story about getting revenge on the "mean girls" but even that angle is subverted. The filmmakers force us to feel sorry for the people we'd rather love to hate and suck the fun out of it. Yet the "geek vs chic revolution" story continues, even after we're left with no side to root for. I get it… That was the point. Okay. But it was very unsatisfying. Again, it wasn't awful or un-watchable. Just… "eh."
  • Mindy (Eden Sher) is aiming for MIT. Band geek Jodi (Victoria Justice) has been her best friend since 3rd grade. The two outsiders have been targets for Queen Bee Whitney (Claudia Lee). Mindy tries to make peace but Whitney humiliates Jodi. The girls set to overturn the high school power structure by uniting the disenfranchised.

The basic plot structure is well done and the young cast is solid. I really like Eden on her TV show. Many of the girls playing teens are in their 20s. This is not that different from other high school dramedies and should work well. Eden Sher is playing her wacky nerd character and Justice has good friend chemistry with her. Claudia Lee is a fine mean girl but this is no Mean Girls.

There are two main problems. First, the release seems to have run into some delays. I'm guessing that this was filmed around 2015 but the two years delay does mean that Victoria Justice is no longer the Nickelodeon It girl. She should be playing a college kid by now. It also leaves this movie out of time which is related to the second problem. The references in the movie are scattered all over the place. With the old computers and old early 2000s TV references, I wondered if the world is set at an earlier time. The modern cell phones and # place the movie in the present day. The competing time periods ultimately leave me unsatisfied. I want to like this movie for the young cast but the writing is not quite Tina Fey level. It has the potential but none of it is quite sharp enough.
  • The Outcasts? The Outskirts? Mean Girls 3,however yeah say it is now the new enough teen movie starring Peyton List and Eden Sher,from one of my favorite shows The Middle. To be honest,the only reason I watched this was because I was strolling on Netflix and when I heard,talented actress Eden Sher was in it like a few years back so now,I finally got to see it. The Out____ is nothing we obviously have not seen before,its basically just the reboot of Mean Girls. I'm not going to say that The Out____ is a horrible copy of Mean Girls,I was just disappointed with what I saw due to me having waiting years to see it with absolutely no release date what so ever other than '2015,2016,2012,2013' and then just '????'. Eden Sher was very good in the film but I thought played the exact same character from The Middle except not as nice and fragile,Mindy,the character she played,was though a bit more tuff to be honest. The Out(whatever!) though is OK,nothing I'd really see again
  • If you add a bit of jeekiness and weirdness, take away a little bit of Hollywood polish and sophistication, and possibly stir in a pinch of satire on the Mean Girls & The Clique, then you'll have this movie. It's not an award winning movie, but if you take it as fun, you'll be fine with it.
    I had quite low expectations when deciding to watch this video but I was gleefully surprised by how sophisticated​ it was. I've read the reviews which compare it to mean girls and although it may have some similarities I found it to be more driven by a educative purpose on what power is and how it is procured and corrupted.

At first I thought it was lame that it quoted 48 laws of power which is a remarkable book but then I realized the writers verily had a good understanding of the book and it's dynamics in a high school space.

To conclude, if you don't have the interest of thinking and want merely to be entertained perhaps this movie is not for you. But if you want a movie that'll challenge you then give this a chance.
    This film could be called "Mean Girls 3." It is basically the same type of film where high school outcasts get revenge on the evil cool clique. The two girls who lead the charge are Jodi (Victoria Justice) a Tina Fey clone and Mindy (Eden Sher) auditioning for "Big Bang Theory." The characters and plot were formula. The dialogue was cute enough to make up for the short comings of predictability. Worth a view if you like "Mean Girls" type of films. Not as good as "Mean Girls" but better than "Mean Girls 2." Guide: No swearing sex, or nudity.
    Basically the movie's plot is a good idea/well-meant, but unfortunately completely miscast with Victoria Justice. Did she think (for lack of roles), 'if Charlize Theron gets an Oscar for ugliness, I can establish myself in an "ugly" role as a serious actress'? Ridiculous, especially since the "uglification" takes place only by giving her glasses - which does not provide any credibility and is also a massive insult for all girls who need to wear glasses and are still not ugly or (ugly) outsiders as a result. Eden Sher is a much better fit and convincing, but the evil cliché for the choice of the 'bitch characters' destroys all good approaches: the bad guys are of course all blondes (even including the principal!) - it cannot get any more trite - and on the "decent" side there is not a single blond - pure cliché AND not even true. When I look around as well as think of my schooldays, the power-hungry bitches who bullied others are/were all brunette or black-haired (roughly the Victoria Justice type or even darker). Maybe this is different in the US, but the prejudice that blondes were getting preferential treatment has not been true since the 50s / 60s. The (wannabe-)coolest/most popular and most beastly ones are the dark-haired girls - that's at least what I experience(d), sorry if it does not please you. Overall, the whole movie comes across as pretty insincere (despite the well-meant intentions and potent beginnings) or even as a mere vehicle, so that Victoria J. can finally pair-up with her buddy Avan Jogia (at least on film)- sorry, pathetic, not enough, wrong approach/execution.
  • I did find this movie a quite mediocre, cliché teen chick flick. There were so many flaws in this movie that it made the movie experience cringe worthy. The characters were some what relatable, but also poorly acted. Like you would have the most typical characters that you would find in any chick flick. Like the mean girls vs the socially awkward girls. It did become a bit of a bore since I have seen it all before. There wasn't really anything "great" about this movie. The concept and plot was quite interesting though it was poorly executed. I found also the narration throughout the movie were totally unnecessary. I felt really confused because we were looking into both of the two best friends lives, So it just felt useless having narration in the movie; It just felt tacky and rushed, just to give a bit more substance to the movie. There wasn't much intelligence to the movie. It was about geeks and freaks but it just felt so badly done, I just didn't like it at all. It is also just another knock off mean girls chick flick. Just watch mean girls.
  • A new knock off of Means Girls but on a larger scale. Nice time killer to have background noise when doing other things. Promotes underage drinking so its not a good movie for kids. The cast seem to be a bunch of has beens that were awesome entertaining little kids on the Disney channel but the world has sense moved on and left them with this. Not a movie I would ever recommend to anyone to watch.