User Reviews (12)

• alsupremo26 March 2019
    Was misled by the writeup of this movie and thought it was another Afghanistan or Iraq US war movie. The Director, Martha Pinson and Executive Producer Martin Scorsese surprised me when I started watching it as it was entirely British. The English terms used really enhanced the comedy. The interaction between the cast melds very well and naturally making the entire film moving and believable. This film is about a light hearted look at relationships in adversity with very little war footage.
  • sheila-whitfield23 September 2019
    We've just been to see Tomorrow and we were pleasantly surprised. Didn't read what it was about other than about a war vet. Really great film great storyline and the characters easy on the eye. A film about today's lifestyle and coping with life. Also brought to the forefront the stigma about people in wheelchairs.
  • Martha Pinson covers PTSD and another important theme within this very personal feeling drama. She manages to link the isolation and loneliness and difficulty of not being able to share your situation to all of the characters and supports a good cause and message along the way. The producer's manage to bring an ambitious story to life on a modest budget.
  • Loved this fabulous film. PTSD and HIV in the same narrative was a brave way to go. Beautifully acted and directed with handsome cinematography. Fascinatingly told with great sensitivity may help people get a better understanding of living with PTSD or HIV. I was really touched and found this film uplifting and powerful.
  • I'm usually suspicious of a script that is written by the leading actor/s However this is a wonderful exception. A truly moving, engaging and inspiring creation. Great idea story & script, clear direction, excellent performances and totally relevant to our present situation.

Congratulations to all who created this
  • Thought the story line was very good and the acting superb. As it is not full fledged Hollywood blockbuster in terms of money spent on it, I still highly recommend seeing it. Quite a few funny parts and a beautiful rapport between the characters.

Overall well worth seeing and supporting this film!!
  • charlottekane1502 October 2019
    I would give this 11 stars if I could. It was a great emotional movie that shows life after war and the struggles of Ptsd. Street portrays his character beautifully and it is clear that he took the time to research his role and learning how to use a wheelchair. Brennans character comes across as arrogant at the start but develops throughout and you learn his actions are because he's scared. I loved the writing and having James Cosmo and Stephen Fry made the movie even better. Kudos to both Street and Brennan for their writing and the obvious research that was done for the movie and to ensure that a realistic movie was provided to us.
  • Martin Scorsese's long-time script supervisor Martha Pinson makes her directorial debut with this Brit drama about a war vet with PTSD and the mysterious new friend who helps him get his life back on track. Written by and starring actors Sebastian Street and Stuart Brennan, the film offers compelling performances, but there's little in the way of stakes for the story to really grab your attention.
  • Tomorrow is a must see film inspired by real life. It explores specific themes- the difficulties and stigma attached to permanent injury/virus; adjustment of post war vets back in civilian life; the psychological consequences of war; HIV+ as a treatable virus. But the emotional depth of the film is what I loved as the themes that run parallel to the main story, bubbling away beneath the surface take this film to a whole new level of brilliance - it is far deeper than the immediate themes - for more see This will be as much a critique of the critics - it will be interesting to see if they have the depth to get what it is really all about....
  • Anonfilmbuff7 October 2019
    This film brought tears to my eyes when watching especially it being so close to Remembrance Day. All the sacrifices soldiers make for our freedom is never captured in a thought provoking way like the movie Tomorrow. Love that there aren't "A-list" actors in it because it made the depiction of the storyline more believable. A+++
  • .....but this was an extremely disappointing watch. Interestingly there is a line early on in the movie about laziness and this is was the overwhelming feeling I had about the quality of script writing. The clunky and almost childlike storyline seems like it was cobbled together at the last minute, bizarrely ending in the same manner with obvious and also bizarrely irrelevant revelations. The only reason I was able to award any stars is due to what I believe were good intentions over the breaking of stigmas. However, as I walked away from the cinema I found myself saying "I've no idea what that movie was actually about". Poor form.
  • It is difficult to know where to start with this film as everything is terrible. The storyline seemingly attempts to achieve too much whilst at the same time going absolutely nowhere. It is incredibly convoluted and ultimately very boring. The writers (Stuart Brennan and Sebastian Street) have clearly tried to write a 'brave' piece of cinema by tackling issues such as paraplegia, PTSD amongst other things, but all of this is lost in the messiness of the plot and lack of focus on specific themes. This is worsened by the fact that there is no connection between the audience and the characters because there is no character development throughout the film. None of the characters are fleshed out in any meaningful way for anyone to have any feelings for or against them.

To make matters worse the script is very cringey; I watched the majority of the film through my hands as I was cringing so much. On top of all of this, the acting is wooden and emotionless. Watching this film actually makes you appreciate how good other actors are. There was no point during this film where I felt immersed; all the actors were clearly acting (and acting badly). Stuart Brennan's acting was atrocious; the scene where he bleeds over their business plan was a notable low point - so unrealistic and overdramatic that it was laughable. There is a restaurant scene that also sticks in the memory for all the wrong reasons. The scene is a microcosm for the whole film, awful acting, a terrible script and ultimately quite bizarre.

The casting was also atrocious. Stuart Brennan cast as a 29-year-old is comical. Stuart Brennan's character is supposed to be young and trendy and he looks like a middle-aged man that has been dressed by my 66-year-old dad.

The main difficulty I have with this film is that I'm not sure who is to blame. The acting is woeful but ultimately they are working with a plot and script that could have been written by a Year 9 drama class. Stephanie Leonidas's performance is the only one that resembles something similar to good acting but her efforts are in vain as the script she's working with is cringey, cheesy, predictable and infantile.

One to avoid. I can't believe Scorsese ever had anything to do with this mess and if I were him I would be distancing myself from it ASAP.