User Reviews (282)

• whitbyscallyred3 June 2016
    Clarke is adorable and the critics get it wrong
    How can so many people get this this movie wrong, especially the critics? The high point of the film is the performance by Emelia Clarke. She is hair-brained, and scatty, completely adorable and wonderful.The camera-work is gorgeous and the soundtrack is second to none.

Lou (Emilia Clarke) gets a job as a carer to a man (William) who is paralyzed more or less from the neck down. A budding friendship/romance develops; and this is 90% a feel good movie.

The criticism of the movie that it depicts a life with profound disability as almost worthless is completely mistaken. The movie depicts William's life as worthwhile and precious. It is William's own judgment that his life cannot go on as it is, and that he would prefer to die.

With regard to this, the movie does tend to downplay the pain and suffering that William experiences. Instead it focuses on the good times and precious moments he spends will Lou. And as already stated, the character of Lou is completely adorable. I am in love.
  • pattypiazza9 September 2016
    A Most Beautiful Love Story
    At times I feel that humanity has forgotten, or never really knew, what it is to really love someone. Jojo Moyes obviously isn't one of those people. Love isn't the lust we feel at the beginning of a relationship. It's not the thoughtful vision we compile of what the future could be like or how compatible we are. It's not about how financially successful a prospective partner is. It's certainly not all about sex, although it would be hard to come to this conclusion when the media generally plays strongly to that idea. It's the undeniable, overwhelming pull from our hearts that grows only when we really let ourselves care about someone unselfishly.

Thank you Jojo for playing this out so beautifully. Thank you Emelia and Sam for either knowing this experience or fabulously, convincingly portraying it on screen. This movie is a treat to watch and a glimpse of what it feels like to be a person who lives their life with a moral conscience, an open mind, a respect for beliefs that are different than yours and a desire to see the best in the world.

I feel absolutely cleansed of negativity after watching this and my hope for the world is renewed. A glorious experience!
  • Mamabird674 June 2016
    The movie really was adorable! I knew exactly what to expect since I read the book, but I loved the adaptation.

What helps the movie most is that the novelist, Jojo Moyees, wrote her own screenplay. She did a great job transitioning the story from paper to screen. Little things that were left out of the novel weren't really needed to move the story along.

Both Emilia Clarke and Sam Clafin were excellent. Her facial expressions were amazing and her insane eyebrows deserve some type of award all on their own.

I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack as well.

Don't listen to critics and go see this movie.
  • DarkVulcan2910 June 2016
    Claflin and Clarke where to perfect
    This film is getting mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it. A very bittersweet film that will leave you feeling happy and sad at the same time. I never read the book that which this film is based on. But sometimes movies are never has detailed has the books they are based on.

A beautifully well made story, it about Louisa(Emilia Clarke) a 26 year old who finds a job taking care of Will(Sam Claflin) a young billionaire who is permanently confined to wheel chair after an accident two years earlier, the use of his arms and legs are gone. At first Will does not want Louisia there, and she does her best to put up with him. But soon the form quite a friendship, she teaches him to enjoy life again, and he shows her to be adventurous in life. But the question is will this last?

I like the chemistry between Claflin and Clarke, at no point it feels forced. I really bought the affection they feel for one another. At times Clarkes performance feels overly cartoonish, but still good in most of it. Claflin is believable, and the question is how would you feel if you where in his shoes. I don't care what the critics say, this was a perfectly well made bittersweet film.
  • aimee-837-2437574 June 2016
    A sweet love story for those who wants to get lost in the moment.
    I admit that I have read the book and so when the movie came out, I just HAD to go see it. So I drag my poor husband and we went to watch a late show that was relatively full. I didn't tell him anything about the movie and I watched him watching it. He actually really enjoyed it. The movie was lovely. The movie itself was beautiful. The scenery was set somewhere is rural England. There are green pastures, a castle and beautiful stone walkways.

We first meet Lou, a beautiful,charming, bubbly girly girl who is a strong character but maybe a little too comfortable with her current life and then we have Will. Dashing Will! Sarcastic, funny, a little mean at first. They are world apart but through fate ( and Will disabilities) they met and slowly realize what one possessed, the other needs. Even if they never really knew it.

As the movie progress, they falls for each other and we all fall for them. I loved Emily as Lou and Sam as Will. They played their roles perfectly and the chemistry between then was undeniable. I think everyone should go and watch this movie if you love romantic comedy. It is hilarious at times and yet sweet. I assure you that you'll feel every emotion out there with this movie. It's so beautiful.

Go watch it and judge yourself. For me, this is an amazingly beautiful love story.
  • amedineabd5 September 2016
    A sad but meaningful story!
    One of the best Romantic movies lately.. I am very taken with Emilia Clark's performance and smile. She was amazing and breathtaking. The music is well chosen and the acting is good and there were some very touching moments that will make the audience who didn't watch yet cry. Lou is a funny young woman who wants to live a simple life, who wants to wear clothes and be fashionable in her own way. The paralyzed man is a damaged cause looking for hope. Both these characters are very different, yes they pick things from each other and they put smiles on each others faces. A couple that wouldn't get bored giving and taking to their souls.. Maybe, when it comes to believing in love unconditionally, Faith is hope then. Live the life as it faces you then. In health and sickness. In the sweetest moments and bitterest ones. Just live your life No matter what happens to you. Always get back and fight to survive and be alive. That is what this movie is all about...
  • mmbudny5 September 2016
    Thoroughly enjoyed the movie
    All movies can be scrutinized for faults, as some reviewers have done, but if the movie makes a mark, then those faults really don't matter, do they? I found the "angry" Will Traynor not completely believable, not like the anti-social Jack Nicholson in As Good As It Gets, but Sam Clafin did well with his transformation. Emilia Clarke was absolutely wonderful and I will be on the lookout for other roles she has taken and will undertake in the future. Kudos also to the characters who played Will's parents, Janet McTeer and Charles Dance. Two thumbs up for the movie. Am seriously considering whether the movie ought to bump another movie off my favorite 50 relationship movie list.
  • Max L. Maclean2 June 2016
    The Tear-Jerking "Me Before You": Reminding Ourselves of Living Boldly!
    Thea Sharrock's film adaptation of Jojo Moyes's "Me Before You" is one of those hidden gems, which we should all watch rather early than later.

First, the talented British cast is impressive. Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Janet McTeer, Charles Dance, Matthew Lewis, just to name a few, beautifully create an emotional journey, which is more than just a heart-breaking love story. Challenging our life perspectives every step of the way, these actors invite us to live boldly and seize the opportunities passing by.

Louisa Clarke (Emilia Clarke), a naive 26-year old English woman, lives in a peaceful village where nothing seems to be happening. Supporting her whole family financially, Lou has a dull life working hard without ever leaving our native city. When she loses her job at Buttered Bun Cafe, her world is turned upside down. Desperately looking for a new job, she goes to the local job center and is proposed to work for a despicable 30ish-year old quadriplegic man called Will Traynor. His desire not to get help makes him look miserable and frustrated. However, with time, Lou pierces his shell and unveils Will's true colors. She starts showing him how great his life could be. But one revelation changes their relationship forever.

Best known for his roles as Finnick Odair in "The Hunger Games" series, Sam Claflin's portrayal of Will is exquisite. It is almost inconceivable to imagine him not being a part of this movie. The physical and psychological challenge of playing a quadriplegic man, who needs to feel like a man again, elevates the English-born actor to Hollywood's acting A-list. In "Me Before You", Claflin convinces us that words are way more impactful than being good looking. Through his presence on the screen, Claflin inhabits one of the most powerful quotes of Jojo Moyes's original story, "You only get one life. It is actually your duty to live it as fully as possible".

Playing opposite Claflin, Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones") shines through with her naivety and authentic, clumsy attitude on the screen. Her unique facial expression, while crying and laughing, makes us fall even more for the quirky, innocent Lou. No one could have ever filled the role better than the Mother of Dragons herself. Emilia Clarke is LOU CLARKE! From her crazy outfits in the movie to her charming personality, Clarke has it all. "Me Before You" will be the catalyst in her career, so let's be ready to see some more of this bumble bee.

On a final note, we should be grateful to Jojo Moyes for questioning us on the reality of assisted suicide and physical disabilities.There are not lots of writers who have been able to make such a statement and shake the status quo when it comes to life and death, but Moyes did it beautifully.

The only thing left to say is: GO WATCH this movie! You will not regret it! It will make laugh, cry, but most importantly push you to embrace life fully!

P.S. Bring with you some tissues! You might need them!
  • boodt-6275810 June 2016
    A wonderful story
    I was expecting the usual American love story, but that's not what this is. I have neither seen nor heard of these actors prior to seeing this film. That said, I usually don't go to see films like this.

What a wonderful movie! The acting was so well done. My heart broke where it needed to break, and it laughed where it needed to laugh.

For those who need help working on their empathy, or the opening of the mind, this is a very good movie to see!

It's very thought provoking and I would even suggest to professors (philosophy,english,cultural perspectives in science, sociology) that they have their students write a paper on this. There are so many issues involved here. Great for discussion!
  • Doasnow953 July 2016
    I loved this movie. It stayed very true to the book and I love the book. I think Emilia Clarke was born to play her. I feel like she was just playing herself cause she has a personality like that in real life. It was pure joy to watch her play Lou. The expressions she makes, the way she talks and most of all, her amazing clothes! I loved every single outfit she wore. This film made me laugh and it made me very emotional, just like the book. I think Sam Claflin was also born to play Will. They had an amazing chemistry throughout the entire film and the rest of the cast is also spot on. There are of course some parts from the book that were left out but nonetheless, this film was still amazing. I also want to point out that the soundtrack of the movie is amazing as well.
  • cannonball-531-9269921 February 2017
    Worst possible message EVER
    Repeat, spoiler alert. Though, if you're wise, you won't waste your time on this movie.

A summary would be, enter William, a rich, spoiled playboy who has everything he wants and does anything he wants with whomever he wants. Then he has a tragic accident, leaving him paralyzed. He decides that this kind of life isn't worth living, and wants to be killed. He promises his parents 6 months, where enters Lou, the charming, high-spirited woman who in an effort to show him life IS worth living (in which is still an entirely self-centered focused only on making himself happy), she falls in love with him. All seems to be going well, they think he has abandoned thoughts of suicide... but no. He selfishly decides to throw his life away, because he can't have everything his way. And it is wrapped in a cloak of care, and love, and support to people's decisions... but ultimately, it is sending the message, "It doesn't matter who loves you, or how important you can be, or what you can do for others... if YOU don't have EVERYTHING you want and have it YOUR way, just give up." In a day when depression and suicides are at an all-time high, here comes a story that had the potential to be a great encouragement to anyone dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts, but instead encourages people to give up and throw it all away.

Especially when you think of the high percentage of suicides or attempts by teenage girls, and an actor like Sam who is idolized by many, presenting this message, it is appalling that such messages are being presented as "entertainment".
  • Branden Murphy1 June 2016
    It was a pretty cute
    Felt very derivative of Intouchables I did however really enjoy the romance that was in this film.

Emilia Clark has the most expressive face I have ever seen on camera.

Watch her eyebrows! That's all I have to say. You could almost watch this entire movie just staring at her eyebrows… I had a hard time not doing that.

I really enjoyed her character. She is a silly, eccentric, perpetually happy girl. With a pretty eclectic sense of style.

Emilia Clarke was perfectly cast for this role.

She ventures far from her intense power house character the Mother of Dragons from Game of Thrones.

At times it was hard to tell if Emilia Clarke the actress is just extremely expressive with her face, or if it was something she was doing for the role… which I suppose speaks to how well she did.

Because I'm thinking she was exaggerating it, therefore she played the part marvellously.

The male lead is Sam Claflin, who you will more than likely recognize but not be able to place. His largest role as of late is the water proficient fighter from the Hunger Games.

I also feel he played the part very well. No complaints, He has a great smile, or smirk, that he does through out, which allows us to empathize with him a little more when he seeming unlikable.

There are a lot of light moments, actually the whole movie has a very light tone to it… it's a serious topic, but with Clarke's character it's hard for anything to be too serious or solemn. There are those sombre moments, which is, I'm sure, why I was given a tissue box at the advance screening.

There were only a few editing aspects I didn't enjoy. There were far too many cuts in certain scenes… Emilia walking up to the mansion for the first time and her conversation on the bench with her boyfriend. They were distracting. This was sprinkled throughout the film to greater or lesser degrees.

I think the film looked pretty, great locations. And a wonderful set, really. The house Claflin's character lives in looks very nice. I loved all the walls that opened when pushed on. Very modern, and expensive I'm sure.

There is a little treat for any Harry Potter fans! Neville Longbottom, all grown up and looking fit, he plays the part of Emilia Clarke's boyfriend. I hope to see him in more roles, maybe even a lead one day.

As for family friendliness, this movie is a G, it is good to go. In the opening scene Claflin is presumably being intimate with his girlfriend, they are obviously naked, but nothing is shown, they are under sheets.

There is no cursing or obscenities in this movie worth mentioning.
  • Emily Ward7 June 2016
    I have already read the book, so I decided to most definitely see the movie. I think that they did very well on a book to movie adaptation, because they didn't change too much from the book. The movie was beautifully made, and fit just what I and others who have read it in my city had pictured for the movie.

The casting was brilliant, as with the portrayal of Louisa and Will. Both characters were charismatic, and enjoyable, and matched the dialogue of the book, which I thought was great.

The movie itself was heartbreaking, hilarious at points, and just and lovable. The story itself is well thought out and great. One of the best things about this, is it is not just your usual love story. The real love doesn't take over the whole plot. It isn't fully made to feel intimate, but just to feel real.

So I say: Go see it. If you are a boy or girl, it doesn't matter. This movie is memorable for everyone.
  • kskushagrasaxena14 September 2016
    Great Movie
    i have watched very little of the movies which were based on any ROMANTIC BOOKS like "The Fault in Our Stars", but this movie is and will be one of the Greatest and one of the Best Romantic Movie I would have ever watched.

I have watched Emilia Clarke, playing the role of Lou Clark, in some great movies and of course Game of Thrones, it was good to see change in the type of Role she played in this Movie. I and many audience has made an image of Emilia Clarke as a strong and Bold Character playing actress( well according to me only) as she had the recent movie of Terminator: Genisys, and the famous Khaleesi/ Mother of Dragons.

Sam Claffin on the other hand did a tremendous job, he did his Homework very well, according to me he painted the perfect portrait of Will Traynor as a person who was full of life and how his life suddenly changes because of the Accident. He also acted well as we can certainly see how a person gets Cranky when something he had lost in his life which he cherished and loved.
  • gradyharp4 September 2016
    'You are pretty much the only thing that makes me wanna get up in the morning.'
    This film is one of those rare instances where a novel (by JoJo Moyes) is adapted for the screen by the novelist and finds a sensitive director such as Thea Sharrock and the result is a story that could have been sanguine but instead is an enriching emotional journey. To discover this film among all the crime and killing and morbid vampire or other undead creatures stories and overblown CGI comic book/fairy tale adventures is a breath of fresh air.

The story takes place in England and in a very subtle way shares an insight between the wealthy and the poor – emphasizing that richness is truly in the spirit rather than the bank account. Lou Clark (Emilia Clarke) knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her long-term boyfriend Patrick (Matthew Lewis). Her family (Brendan Coyle, Jenna Coleman, Samantha Spiro and Alan Breck) needs money and insist Lou seek employment when Lou loses her job: it is out of pure fortitude that she finds one - as caretaker of a young wealthy quadriplegic – a job that ultimately keeps her sane. Will Traynor (excellent Sam Claflin) knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He is supported by his male nurse Nathan (the superb Stephen Peacocke) as well as his loving parents (Janet McTeer and Charles Dance). He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that – a planned death after fulfilling his parent's plea for a six month reprise. What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of color. And neither of them knows they're going to change each other for all time until Lou concocts a bucket list of events that brings light into her life as well as joy into Will's final days.

Without becoming morbid, the interplay between Lou and Will is a transformation and due to the splendid script and sensitive direction and a cast of superb actors in every part this little film makes a lasting impression, restoring our faith in what friendship and love can achieve. In short, this is a brilliant little film worthy of at least one watching- if not multiple! Highly recommended.
  • Franklin Fotang M31 August 2016
    I love this movie
    I never thought I'd watch a movie and laugh and cry at the same time. I don't know how the actors were selected but I must say the combination is a miracle. I wish I knew Emilia Clarke (Lou) personality to figure out the gap between the real her and the character she played in this movie. After watching this movie, I became so emotional. I felt love and loved. I watched it alone and wish I did with my girlfriend. Although the ending got me nervous, it was cool. I couldn't think of something better. Big thumbs up for the whole Me Before You crew. You guys did it. I wasn't a big fan of love stories but now, that's where I'm heading.
  • C D2 July 2016
    I don't like sappy movies, but I really liked this sappy movie. Clarke wins again.
    Emelia Clarke's work on Game of Thrones is the only reason I watched this movie in the first place. She is occasionally transcendent in that role, where she must keep her eyebrows restrained, and I wanted to see what would happen if her amazingly mobile brows were set free ... free as her dragons.

There are a lot of solid things about this movie. The story (of a young woman who cares for a quadriplegic young man) is strong, the direction and cinematography good though not exceptional, the screen writing also good-not-exceptional, the supporting cast (especially Janet McTeer and Charles Dance)and leading man (Sam C.) quite good, and the emotional notes it hits, though all predictable and often a bit overwrought (cue swelling, heartwarming music...), ring true enough for an unabashed romance.

So, not really my type of movie. But I am happy to say that I was (almost) completely taken by Clarke's performance. Her character here is nothing like her GoT role, but is in many ways an equally fantasy-based role (but with clumsy shyness and striped leggings instead of fireproof skin and dragons) -- and Clarke manages to pull this character out of romantic fantasy into believability as effectively as she brings to life her role as Mother of Dragons. She has the combination of charisma, physical beauty, character-acting chops, and inner luminosity to pull a fairly nice, 7-of-10 heartwarmer up to a 9-of-10 charmer.
  • Thomas Drufke4 June 2016
    Live Boldly
    I wouldn't consider myself the target audience for these romantic dramas. In fact, I'm usually turned off by the overabundance of forced clichés and unnecessary plot devices. While Me Before You definitely falls victim to some of those unfortunate young adult tropes, there's far more charm than harm here.

The film stars Emilia Clarke (Lou) and Sam Claflin (Will) from Game of Thrones and The Hunger Games respectively. I've enjoyed both of their works in the past and they both make the most of the script that was given to them. Their budding charisma on screen is by far the highlight of the film. It's nice to see Clarke take on a lighter and more exuberant role than she has played in the past as it mirrors her off-screen personality as well.

Clarke's likability as Lou is put a test as she has to deal with the stern and far less cheerful, Will, who became paralyzed after a motorcycle accident. If you didn't guess it already, yes they do grow to live with each other's quirks and inconveniences and maybe even share some affection for each other. It's pretty much the basis for all of these romantic novels adapted for film, but if you're film has enough likable qualities to it, the overused plot points and clichés can be forgiven.

The main qualm for these characters are Will's questionable wishes about his future living as a quadriplegic and Lou's inability to fulfill her potential and aspirations due to her commitment as the breadwinner for her family. The way Lou effortlessly deals with these issues is what makes her so likable. It's also why you root for her and Will to become romantically involved as the film gives us compelling enough reasons to desire it. With that said, I was pleasantly surprised with how the romance is depicted. Everything is earned and not forced.

I think my only real complaints with the film involve its tendency to veer into clichéd territory. I'm not a fan of when romantic films play popular songs that tell you exactly how to feel as an audience member. Or when a certain character is written specifically to give us someone to dislike and is used a plot device more than anything else. On more than one occasion, Me Before You does that. But it's when the film attempts to take an original and realistic spin on the romance that the film really shines. It's because of the ladder that I think Me Before You is definitely worth a look.

+Clarke's undeniable likability

+Charm and chemistry with the Lou and Will dynamic

+Romance is earned not forced

-Popular songs tend to ruin the big moments

-A few clichéd characters and plot devices

• yustinehendrika2 July 2016
    Sweet combination of story line, actor,actress,places and soundtrack!
    This is a sweet combination of all factors in the movie; the actors, the actresses, the choices of the places, the story plot, even the soundtrack. I love every single of it. Expect to feel warm and heartbroken at the same time in the movie. It's been says after watching it, I still cant stop thinking about this movie. You'd better watch it with someone who could provide a shoulder to cry on for you... :)) My favorite (which seems to be everyone's favorite as well) is during the wedding ceremony where Will seemed so alive again. My most heart-breaking scene is when Will said "will you be here?" on the last scene. That is when I burst into tears a lot. like A lot.
  • Dirk Van den Broeck30 June 2016
    Once again, Emilia Clarke does not disappoint. The acting truly was brilliant. Both on her part and on Sam Claflins part. The film reminded me of The Untouchables a bit. It was a very pleasant sight to the eye to see the bond forming between Will and Lou. Decent amount of humor as well, found myself laughing quite often in fact. It is nice to sometimes be able to empathize with the characters as well. I can't really think of anything negative at this point either. Maybe that most of the movie was kind of predictable. The ending, however, might not have been as predictable. I didn't want to go to this movie myself, but was asked to see it. In hindsight I'm glad I tagged along, because I did really enjoy watching it.
  • OneEightNine Media4 July 2016
    This movie is one of the things wrong with the world today.
    So you can tell I'm not a fan of this film just by my title and score. The movie itself is okay at best. Emilia Clarke does a well enough job with the role because the character she is playing is pretty much who she is in real life; in other words, this role didn't require Emilia acting much and that is a good thing because people are slowly figuring out that she has a very limited range when it comes to acting. Towards the end of the movie is when her limited acting range becomes apparent thanks to the crying scenes, most of the scenes she does with tearless crying which help to take you out of the movie. Don't get me wrong, her acting isn't bad until the end when she is forced to show another emotion other than bubbly. I should note the director does an excellent job of hiding a good amount of Emilia's emotional scenes by having her hug someone and then showing mostly the other person's face. I can write a whole book on Emilia's overrated acting chops but I'm not here to do that so let me carry on with this review. If it wasn't for the ending, where we finally learn the real message of the film I would have ranked the film about a 6 out of 10. But halfway into the film we learn the quadriplegic character made a deal with his parents that he will end his life after 6 months. During the film we learn this guy is smart and etc, etc. Someone even points out that he could go back to work if he wanted to but this guy is hell bent on killing himself for the simple reason of which happens to be that he misses his old life so he is giving up on this life. And apparently that is a good enough reason to let the man kill himself. Great message to put out there into the world. We recently lost Muhammad Ali. We all know about Muhammad Ali's condition and we all saw the impact he had on the world both before and in spite of his condition. He fought until the bitter end and became more of a legend because of it. This movie encourages people to take the easy way out. Now, I can understand how depression can play a role in all of this but this character is a pretty boy with a sh!t load of money.. and on top of that he found the love of his life and she is more than ready to be with him forever. But his reasoning is that he would only be a burden on her living her life. So yeah, this movie pretty much matches the materialistic and self- absorbed nature of what these modern times have transformed into. Whatever, the movie is a chick flick at best so I don't care. Apparently suicide isn't frowned upon when a quadriplegic is concerned. Moral of the story, you have nothing to contribute to society once you become paralyzed. Maybe this movie was funded by the government as a way of reducing the cost of people with disabilities on healthcare. Euthanasia for the win! Frankly, a disgusting message and an even more disgusting movie.
  • highmaster1611 September 2016
    Romance well done
    Me Before You is a romantic drama film directed by Thea Sharrock based on the novel by Jojo Moyes with the same name. The film stars Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Jenna Coleman, Charles Dance, Matthew Lewis, Ben Lloyd-Hughes and Janet McTeer. The movie is about a girl named Lou Clark who is desperate for a job and so the goes on to take care of a recently paralyzed man from a rich family, who she slowly creates a bond with. This is a well made movie with amazing performances all around, especially by the amazing Emilia Clarke who gives a wonderful performance on the leading role. By her side is Sam Claflin who plays Will Traynor, and he does a very good job too. It is a movie filled with heart breaking emotional scenes, very good cinematography and a brilliant score by Craig Armstrong that makes Me Before You as a whole one of the best romances there are. Sure it has some problems, and the ending will leave some people confused and angry but overall this movie works on so many levels that those flaws are hardly even noticeable as the good outweighs the bad by a lot.
  • rohanthomas198814 August 2016
    Food for your Soul
    A film is a work of art. An author's expression, the director's creativity, the performer's charisma and the captivating music can embrace a person and touch some of those primal feelings, hidden deep within vaults in our heart.

At its base is a very simple story requiring some astounding performances to make it come to life. The film focuses on the feelings of innocence, simplicity, commitment, loyalty and love. How true are you with the people around you? Will you stick around at a trying time of another's life?

The film makes you dwell on the unpredictability of life. In a moment, everything can change and maybe in a way which is not possible for us to bear.

A truly magnificent piece of cinema.
  • ssallazzar1 July 2016
    Pretty good
    I liked this movie. I like the dialogue its quite charming and the comedy bits work really well .I was pleasantly surprised that there were not cliché moments and the flow of the story came naturally . The 2 main characters have great chemistry and Emilia Clark is simply adorable .Its a simple story told well.

The director of the film did a good job overall however there was 1 problem with this movie and that was the soundtrack they used . Except the 2 bits of classic music the rest of it was simply abysmal and it really hurt the movie . It gave that cheesy soapy feel of a telenovela episode.

But getting past that i really enjoyed this movie more then i thought i would and i would recommend watching this . Have fun!
  • Lisa G4 September 2016
    A must see!
    You know when you actually feel GRATITUDE to Hollywood and incredible talent? This is it.

After laughing and crying, this film left me feeling like I'd actually experienced something for a change. Emilia Clark is an absolute delight! Sam Claflin was perfect. I can't remember the last time I've seen such a movie that left me feeling so emotionally drained - in a good way. Emilia is so animated and she is now one of my favourites. The script is amazingly well written -- one of those that makes you forget there even IS one, the actors deliver the story so well. From the production to the directing to the editing - I can't see how they could've done a better job. A must-see for sure.