User Reviews (329)

• macktan89422 October 2015
    One Glorious Actor Can Make A Difference
    The Blacklist isn't the best TV show you've ever seen--it's not edgy or innovative with an original storyline or remarkable cinematography. It doesn't have distinctive, stylish features. Into its 3rd season, The Blacklist survives, it thrives despite its being no Breaking Bad, or Mr. Robot, or Fargo, or The Knick. How is this possible? Just what is its appeal?

James Spader as Red Reddington is the answer and the sole reason this show is so watchable. He's not only the captain of the ship, he's the crew and the ship as well. In short, his performance is everything that makes this show great and I suspect he's somehow improved the template like performances of his supporting actors over time. The man is just a joy to watch and makes an improbable character--govt spy turned international criminal mastermind-- delightful and believable. Every actor on that show ought to thank Spader for allowing them the opportunity to make money on a show that would have been cancelled its first year--perhaps mid-season--if he were not on it. It's the darndest thing, the difference one actor can make.

Still, I wish that the creators had chosen a different actress to play the part of Elizabeth Keen, the FBI profiler that Red Reddington is inexplicably fond of. Someone like Zoe Saldana would have been brilliant casting and added dimension to the mystery of the Keen-Reddington relationship. And perhaps better casting for that part would have inspired the writers to shape her role more credibly and sent the show into the stratosphere. While Megyn Kelly may be a solid actress, she does not yet have the chops to make something of the oddly inconsistent writing for her role. Too late to change this up now.

I'm hardly the only fan who tunes in to enjoy Spader's performance, marveling at how the dreamy young actor with long blonde hair evolved into this very charming, balding older man who can act his *beep* off. I give him an Emmy for just Being There.
  • t hamilton25 September 2013
    glad to see spader back
    Read the synopsis of this show and saw James Spader was starring and had to check it out.

Plot centers around a criminal mastermind that has eluded authorities for years, but whom in the opening scenes inexplicably gives himself over to FBI custody. What unfolds is a tale where no one is who they seem to be and the audience is never truly sure where anyone's loyalties truly lie.

Obviously we are only one episode deep (as of writing this) but the show looks like it has a good shot at taking off as a smart roller coaster of intrigue and character development.

The negatives were few, apart from the female lead the other fbi agents seemed very generic, stiff and set in their ways and fairly ineffective at dealing with what is portrayed as a vastly superior criminal underworld.

fans of spader such as myself will doubtless watch this regardless of reviews or ratings, but if you enjoy shows in the vein of thomas crown affair or catch me if you can, you will likely enjoy this kind of show.
  • Karmen Spiller9 March 2015
    Hair
    I've really been enjoying the first season of The Blacklist. It's thought provoking, has many twists and turns, and the cast is excellent. I feel as if Donald Ressler could use some more character definition instead of just being the angry/arrogant protagonist without explanation, although they may explain it later since I'm only a few episodes in. The only other thing that has bothered me throughout the show is Elizabeth Keen's hair. It looks like a badly placed and groomed wig. I realize this isn't her choice, but it makes her head look large and is distracting throughout many of the episodes. It's a small detail, but a very important one if you want the audience to create a connection with the lead. Hopefully next season they will change up her look.
  • Dr_Sagan9 October 2013
    In my opinion the BEST newcomer this season (fall 2013)
    The Blacklist is in my opinion the best series right now on TV. I waited to see 3 episodes before I write this mini-review, just to be sure!

It's about one of FBI's most wanted fugitives, Raymond "Red" Reddington, who, without an apparent reason, walks into FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and surrenders! He has a secret agenda though and no one knows exactly what it is. He offers his expertise and connections to the FBI, to help catching some of the world's most dangerous criminals and terrorists (=The Blacklist). There is a condition and it is a strange one: He only talks to Elizabeth Keen, a young FBI profiler.

The main character is played by James Spader with an earthly style and confidence. He is really good in this. Not an over-the-top performance, with too much sarcasm like the usual mastermind villains in movies or series. He is succeeding to put a tone of regret in his character and that's make him likable.

Megan Boone is OK as the rookie agent, Diego Klattenhoff is very good too.

The production is looking good, the pacing (a very important factor in TV series) is great, and so far the plot works fine. In each episode we are seeing Reddington helping FBI catch another world class villain, but there is a backbone central story that also seems interesting.

Overall: Highly recommended.
  • Annettemc-817-87818014 October 2013
    Amazing Show
    I've been looking forward to James Spader's return to the small screen since Boston Legal. and just finished watching last episode at http://www.trailerdb.net as always Mr Spader has chosen well the show to return with, it is a fascinating series about a mastermind criminal turning himself in to the FBI with a list of criminals that are pulling strings all over the world, the people behind the criminals.

The termination of Dexter and Breaking bad has left very little to watch on television but I can't help but to be hopeful with such great new shows taking their places.

I am a big fan of Mr Spader and I can't wait for the next episodes. Bravo!
  • Eric_Cubed9 September 2014
    Sweet
    The thing is, you just gotta decide what you are in the mood for. If you are in the mood for ridiculous, campy fun, this is your show. If you in the mood for gritty, well researched crime-drama realism, this is not your show. It isn't Breaking Bad and it isn't even in the category of the awesome English Detective Show. But it is fun. And it is especially fun if you have, let us say, a bit too much gritty realism in your 9 to 5 and you need to escape for awhile. James Spader has an uncanny ability to lose himself in his absurd character and make us suspend belief, if only for a few merciful moments, and really enjoy the show. It's hard to forgive the writers for the obvious clichés and intentionally constructed character hodgepodges (I can picture them now: "Okay, for this show we're gonna combine Dr. Lector with Sherlock. M-Kay?") but Spader and the unbelievable gorgeous token partner pull it off brilliantly. I kind of wish this was more in the style of 24, with more relentless action and less clean sweeping.
  • altugozhan11 December 2013
    Bad acting & characters
    I was looking for a new show to watch and due to high ratings of the show I began watching but honestly I regret my decision.

The acting of the lead female actress is awful. Her looks, her face, her lines are artificial. It's obvious she's acting so I cannot get myself into the story. And her character is not realistic. It's her first day on the job and she's giving orders to senior officers and they obey. She tried to kill Reddington(a highly valuable asset) with a pen through his throat but nothing happens to her. When she yells people change their minds and obey. Ah also she cries too much. There are tons of crappy things like that.

And the story is awkward somehow. There are too many questions for the characters to ask but they do not ask. They simply accept their roles and wait for Spader to tell them things. And James Spader is simply the father of Lizzy or the murderer of her father. Isn't that obvious?

I'm deeply sorry for Spader, he deserved much more than this show. The only great thing about the show are the songs featured.
  • killer1h23 September 2013
    Phenomenal Start
    Let me start by saying there was a lot of hype around this show and it didn't disappoint. The Blacklist is a crime drama, where one of the most wanted criminals in the world(James Spader)turns himself in which triggers a very interesting chain of events.

Right from the very first scene you get the feeling that you're part of a play, all the people line up in their proper places and the dance begins. The acting all around is top notch, there's an hint of back story that starts out just as the Lizzy(Jessica Alverson) makes an entrance. As the story continues little by little pieces start falling into place, yet even after nearly seeing everything there is to see, you realize you've really learned nothing because it's all shrouded in mystery.

10/10 Fantastic start, I can see this show shaping up to be one of the great ones.
  • Janne Virtala24 September 2013
    Oh dear!
    I started the series with some expectation. Plot seemed workable and interesting, but my hopes were quickly washed aside.

It started of very cliché with main character (wanted criminal) walking into to a federal building. The first let-down was the 6-8 polices standing around him with pistols and rifles. (Maybe they would have just cuffed him without any 7-8 seconds stand around with loaded guns, in a building full of civilians to minimize the danger?) My taught was: "Its just a one minor detail".

Then a certain police is required for him to co-operate. Consequently, the police arrive to pick her up at her house with 4-5 cars tires squealing and police lights on (The Cavalry has arrived), and with Army helicopter in front of a normal civilian building. Maybe just a small fast police helicopter and one car so the entire street wouldn't be aware somethings happening. "Another detail, hope this gets better" I taught. I have mention that the police were not in any kind of hurry at that point to justify this flashy arrival.

The girl is on his first day at FBI criminal profiler, but she is more mentalist than "the Mentalist" himself. She keeps making all the correct decisions (Its paved for her yes, but there is like 1000 years of experience in the room and she is the rookie). Then comes the most unbelievable scene where four FBI SUV are stopped on the bridge and the terrorist arrive. Terrorists act like idiots (One is amazed that his gun runs out of bullets and just looks at his gun while not taking any cover). Somehow these 3-4 amateur terrorist destroy the whole convey, take the girl, drop ropes down to the river where there are escape boats. Where is the police helicopter now, or any helicopter? How about nearby police officers?. The fighting took like 5-6 minutes. I am sure one of the FBI agents or any civilian would have alarmed the police. In reality there would be chopper on top of them in few minutes and police would arrive with tremendous force.

I am trying to force myself to continue, but soon the finishing blow is here. The criminal that arrived is getting "trades" for his information. He is now in five star hotel, having access to all the case's data, getting rid of the handcuffs ----> and my TV is off. "I rather go to sleep". This show will be canceled at season two latest, even that is a stretch. On the other hand, I have mistaken the "CSI audience's" lack of desire for intellectual TV before..

Somebody will like this, Im sure. For me, I have a feeling that I know how this is going to turn out. The girl will out-smart rest detectives, nobody will believe her at first in most cases, but she will turn out to be right in every turn. Probably little late for some cases due to decoys of the this criminal, so the show can go on for a while. It was hinted that she was something special to him. She did not have a dad. He (the criminal) had left his family on a Christmas Eve. Strongly suggesting that he is her father, or close relative/friend. He knew personal details from her past. "Blaablaa", I don't care, don't waste your time. If nothing else to watch, might be bearable.
  • lanitravels18 October 2013
    Best new crime show
    We don't watch crime dramas much. But Blacklist is an exception! It really gripped me, and James Spader totally eats the scenes he is in. With out him, everyone else is simply blah. I don't even care that the premise of a wanted criminal walking into the FBI and then after being held like Hannibal Lecter, gets to gallivant all over the place in his private jet as a little unlikely. But hey then there wouldn't be a show. I hope they don't drag out the mysteries, tho, but build on them. Im curious, but prolonged teasing is just annoying. The violence may be a little much for some people. But not if your used to Walking Dead or Breaking bad.
  • Hal Swann29 October 2013
    Wow! What a surprise this was.
    Not a big fan of crime shows at all, but the pace and the punch to this show is out of the park good. It isn't often a director and editor are on the same page and can pack in what would take most other shows 3 episodes to get across, they do it in 2 minutes. The show's strengths are not in the acting, because the director and editor has made this about treating the audience with respect by minimizing long drawn out dialog. That works for feature films and long novels, but doesn't work well for an hour TV episode. Ignore the reviews about the acting being so bad, they are doing what the show demands, and it all works.

If you have an extra hour to spare, waste it on this, you will not be disappointed
  • Solrosen24 September 2013
    I am not buying this...
    I was curious about this very hyped pilot, I like the idea and watched the pilot yesterday. I am not impressed and here is why; There is always a certain degree of imagination of course, that is not only expected but necessary- but the idea of FBI being so incredibly easy to manipulate is appalling. And the agents are portrayed as idiots. I have only seen one episode and I have already lost all respect for them. I did not like the female main character. She is way too gullible and perfectly fixed up even when she is in major danger. I thought we were passed those kind of female characters. And when story fails, because of lack of real people and a fascinating plot, add explosions, car chases and children in danger. I know it will probably pick up, James Spader is amazing in most things he does, but I will not waste any more time on this show.
  • oshesa1-683-2241036 November 2013
    poor james spader...
    i won't bother going into the synopsis...the last 70+ reviews did that. although i have continued to watch it, i want to like this show so much more. that probably would have been accomplished if the casting had been better. why oh why...in a town that must have at least 2 jennifer lawrences waiting somewhere in the wings to hit it big... did they settle for someone who can't hold my attention for a millisecond? poor james spader (brilliant as always) needs a foil worthy of his "hannibalness"...an up and coming jodie foster. the really great shows have lived and died by the whole roster down to the smallest part being cast perfectly. this one couldn't even get the female lead right. and, if i'm guessing correctly, lizzie turns out to be red's kid..i suppose i have to hope she has an FBI sister waiting in the wings somewhere. otherwise, lizzie's in it for the long haul. and i'm probably not. damn..so close...
  • Branislav Jabadabadu6 December 2013
    Silence of the Lambs - really, full of clichés and unrealistic events
    Watching the show has led to questions about why this is written, and for whom? Uneducated children under 13 years old, or that children understand that it is normal to become mistreated by the Government!?

About the show: Silence of the Lambs - really, copy something else for a change?

The main character first do the right thing, cast a weapon in order to preserve human life, then her boss say she should not have. Next time kill the villain who is and is not (a classic Hollywood plot, by the way), and a child who he is trying to save. WTF! The Chinese have become the new foreign villains (the Russians now only sell nuclear weapon, via Cuba of course), the domestic enemies - all Americans, or 99%. People who fight for the rights against corporations and government for the benefit of all are ruthlessly persecuted. Serbian terrorists - someone heard that some Serb planted a bomb somewhere or hijacked plane in real life - not? Only in the movies. Show is full of Hollywood clichés and unrealistic events, I know that this is a TV but ... a little common sense, for God's sake. The CIA and FBI have no idea what is going on, and they are totally incompetent, but... they are cool... somehow. This is the first thing that came to mind, and could continue to add much more.

The sad thing is that I love this type of shows. Please make at least one that is good... please!
  • brianehill19 September 2015
    James Spader has created a great character.
    Once again I see people criticizing a good enjoyable show because it's not like reality and "Real governments and law enforcement organizations don't operate that way!!!!" Get a grip people! Batman isn't real either but he's fun to watch! The delineation of James Spader's Raymond Reddington is more important than any hang ups you could possibly have with the plot. I just can't see passing up such a good performance and character study because a fictional show isn't reality. It's not often a real good character comes along and I feel Spader has pulled this one off excellently in every respect. Don't cheat yourself people. It's a good show.
  • gaviottlee22 August 2015
    This show is on my Blacklist
    I have a list of shows. A list of shows that nobody has even heard about, but is causing great mayhem in the world, destroying brain cells of innocent watchers. I'll give you the name of that show under one condition: that you leave me out of it.

• most likely what Spader is thinking at the current moment.

My god, I couldn't take it any longer. I just quit watching this show to write this review. I'm a believer of brevity, so I'll save my breath. All you have to know is that if the FBI had even one agent that was so incompetent, Barack's head would be on a golden platter. It's a stereotypical show with dumb wannabe cops who somehow feel the need to flash their sirens to publicly announce their arrivals at a sensitive crime scene, allowing the criminals to escape, not helped by a terrible lead actress of Megan Boone who makes viewers want to strangle themselves every time her mouth moves in this terrible motion like she just got her wisdom teeth removed. Plot holes can usually be forcibly forgotten, but even the most dim-witted viewers will notice gaping holes the size of Mother Nature's you know what.

A scene that comes in mind is the FBI's attempted capture of a 17 year old boy. The boy doesn't know he's being targeted...until ten police cars, driving at top speeds and sirens ablaze approach his school. WHAT in the world? Who's side are they on? To make matters worse, the boy escapes from the school..with a whole team of agents on his tracks (this is hundredth time Lizzy, the main character, has failed to capture a much weaker criminal). It would be so easy for a few agents to just come to school, in a regular car, dressed in normal attire, and arrest the kid instead of tipping him off. Then it gets better. The kid shuts down the power grid in DC, lures a girl into the subway station to confess his love, gets pursued by Lizzy into a train, is about to commit suicide on the train by speeding it up using his hacker gear, taking down Lizzy with him and....NOPE, Lizzy says "you don't have to do this we can help you". The boy: " Oh okay, I'll apply the emergency breaks then". The train stops right before it crashes. I laughed out loud. End of episode, along with a few silly things Tom, Lizzie's sketch husband, does at the end of every episode.

The only reason to watch this is for Spader's superb performance. Everything else is dull, uninspiring, incredibly unconvincing, cliché, and cringe-worthy. This show is #1 on my Blacklist.
  • AnthonyBehan14 October 2013
    Great Start...Don't mess it up....
    Finally the return of James Spader and in a role tailor made for his intelligent and mischievous acting abilities. Who better to take the lead as Raymond "Red" Reddington Americas most wanted man for acts of treason. First impressions after 2 episodes suggest the budget is there to take this show to great heights and there is endless possibilities to where it can go. Lets hope it doesn't rest on Spaders shoulders to carry the show. With so many great shows been aired on t.v today its got its work cut out.But with young Writer/Creator Jon Bekenkamp whose recent success with The Call staring Hale Berry it should have a fighting chance and I for one hope it does.
  • kenlcc25 September 2013
    one word to describe the pilot - LOOPHOLES
    As the title suggests, there are endless loopholes that makes up the first episode, which is a very big let down and will effect my view of the entire series.

of course there is the Reddington guy who the creators of the series wants to look "intelligent". Nope he isn't, because all other people in the pilot (including the main characters) are idiots to begin with.

and also, there is the predictability of the plot. u can guess exactly what happens next, and if u can't, there is nothing that can surprise you. No surprise = bad plot.

Then there is the acting, which is mediocre at best.

Just don't waste your time on this pathetic, predictable, wannabe intelligent series
  • K. P.4 October 2013
    Good storyline, Spader is great, distracting wig, support needs to step up, and FBI is not dumb
    It's a great premise. Very original. The connection between the villain and the profiler seems to be apparent, but one can't be sure. We'll have to see as it unfolds.

The wig being worn by Megan Boone is EXTREMELY distracting because it is so bad and it undercuts the show. Elizabeth Keen is a brand new character so she didn't HAVE to have longer hair. I strongly suggest that all episodes yet to be shot or completed should be done with her natural hair. Have her get a "haircut" or something. The wig takes away from the authenticity of the show because one can't help but feel how producers, editors, directors, and fellow actors couldn't see how bad that wig is. I've seen disgusted talk about it on a lot of posts and numerous audience members feel the same as I do. If I'm wondering about the wig while watching, I'm not catching everything/every word which I suspect is bad for the show. Ergo the 7 rather than an 8 or 9.

James Spader is, as usual, stellar. Several of the surrounding/supporting cast seem stiff and just reading lines. Ms. Boone doesn't seem comfy in her role either. She appears to be "acting" rather than making us believe in the character. I like the female head of the criminal division of the FBI. She was really good. And Mr. Lennix (Cooper) is very believable. But several of the other actors for the FBI look like their doing a job of acting. The CIA agent (female) was on point but I've seen her in other stuff so I'm not surprised.

The guest stars (criminals) are better than most of the supporting cast. The supporting cast needs to step it up to establish fluidity to support the great storyline (pretty decent writing). I have high hopes for The Blacklist. I will continue watching and I hope it evolves into its potential-- which is pretty great.

PS: Your writers are writing about a real US Agency. Their real life operatives are not that dumb. They are not that slow. The show is really disrespecting them. It would be better to see them (the operatives) catch on to stuff on their own or figure out stuff without having Spader's character tell them what was really up at the end of the show all the time. He should be confirming stuff, not always showing them all the stuff they missed (which is usually EVERYTHING according to these writers). If the writers make it more of a collaborative effort and grow a mutual respect between villain and operatives, it will be a better and more complex show in my humble opinion.
  • Eflatminor1 December 2013
    Lead actress is unspeakably awful - unwatchable
    The good:

• James Spader, who inhabits and exudes his character flawlessly

• Some compelling performances by the villains

The bad:

• Choppy and uneven editing, making the show feel at times awkward, artificial and cheap, like high schoolers cut it together

• Boring and forgettable dialogue

• Subpar acting from the regular supporting cast: everyone acts like they're acting, nobody is believable or engaging, maybe with the exception of the husband, Tom

• Poor characterisations of the regulars (again with exception of Tom), who have little to no personality, no backstory or points of interest; they feel like cardboard cut-outs, not real people, and if any were absent from the show or if their lines were said by a different person, it would not make the faintest difference

• Contrived ineptitude of the Agency, and uninteresting simplistic relationship between Spader and said Agency - so much potential to develop a nuanced and complex tug-of- war here, but no, it's just the Agency running around sheepishly doing Spader's bidding week after week

The god-awful:

In spite of the myriad problems above, it is Megan Boone who single-handedly renders this show unwatchable for me. She does not act. She says lines. Monotonous, slow, slurred lines, like she's bored. When her face does something other than her habitual expression of wooden indifference with mouth slightly ajar, brow slightly furrowed, it is a remarkable event - one cannot help but point and exclaim, "look! she's acting! I see some acting!" That's what happened at our house, where two people pointed and shouted at the same time. It was a thrilling moment. Regrettably, it (her acting) lasted about a second and never happened again.

We are a household of James Spader fans and embarked on watching this show with enthusiastic fervour. 7-8 episodes later, while my householders are still clinging to the show for Spader's sake, I have broken from the pack and decided that even Spader cannot rescue this show and make it worth the agony. I cannot sit through 20 scenes of abysmal acting, cheesy dialogue, and Megan Boone just for one scene of James Spader. If I want to see Spader, I have better options.

Such a shame, that this show, with such a promising premise and the delectable, talented Spader as the leading man, has turned out to be so frustratingly lacklustre. The biggest problem is the failure to cast a female lead who can match Spader in verve and energy, and actually deserve his attention. Because wooden Boone can't act her way out of a wooden spoon, the dynamic between her and Spader feels very fake and put-on, as he's dancing and parrying and winding webs of intrigue around her, and she's just standing there, looking bland, being bland.

I give this show a 3/10. Sorry, Spader. It's not your fault. I hope you will be able to move on soon to something more worth your time.
  • inframan24 September 2013
    Spader is the ONLY good thing about this mess....
    First off, everyone picked up on the Silence of the Lambs knockoff in the relationship between Red & Keen, so that's a pretty pathetic start. Then our introduction to the star, FBI agent Keen popping out of bed displaying her lovely buns barely clad in a bikini (very lovely but really threw off the tension & rhythm - what little there was - built up so far).

Then the "plot" took off like a BOOH. Lots of choppy editing, screaming Feds, blood blood & more blood. But no logic or common sense. Games about what side Spader's character is on but not enough substance or character development for anything to make much sense or to care about. To say nothing of the cartoon acting.

Spader does reptilian very well & I'm glad he's working but for the sake of his sanity & his soul I think the man should hie himself to the UK where they appreciate talent like his & find himself a decent series.

One measly star.
  • djnovak2823 September 2013
    Typical Gender Bias
    So the female protagonist is an emotional, ineffective,unprofessional FBI agent. Freaks out when meeting her first bad guy after training at "Quantico". Freaks out when meeting her second bad guy, who did bad things right in front of her. The husband appears to have no personality other than to stand in her shadow, and he is apparently incapable of taking care of himself. After her husband's injury, she wears underwear to scrub her husband's blood off the carpet, weeping, rather than hiring a cleaning crew. The protagonist is also too young to be believable, but What a bore. The "Silence of the Lambs" premise is trite. Am very disappointed, I enjoy Spader's work in general.
  • xdor13 September 2014
    Ugh
    Let me summarize as much as I could tolerate.

A first-day-on-the-job FBI agent unknowingly facilitates the kidnapping of a 4-star general's daughter by taking the advice of a ten-most-wanted criminal master-mind. After the agent successfully identifies the general's daughter for the terrorists and then blindly chauffeurs her into an ambush (in-which not one of a half-dozen agents is able to radio for help); she gives the child over to the kidnappers, who decide to leave the hapless agent alive after offing anyone else they see.

So the kidnappers are free to escape in oh-so-slow rubber rafts in broad daylight across an empty harbor. Oh my, these guys are just too clever!

And they do look like a terrorist consortium of Einsteins compared to the idiots running this fictional FBI. The newly "hired" agent is now completely in charge of the case, with full-access to the master-mind. Ignoring her usage in the situation, the fact she's still alive, and of course the informants familiarity with her would mostly likely land her in solitary-confinement pending further investigation.

In the end I would guess they finally discover the master-mind is using the terrorists and all of them together, but they were all too dumb to realize it: and oh, the master-mind is actually her father or something...

But after so many plot non sequiturs: who can even care?
  • maarten-gms18 January 2014
    Overrated
    My first review

Watching the trailers and knowing James Spader would be in the lead I expected quality entertainment.

After watching the first two episodes I was really disappointed. Spader is great like always, the rest of the cast mediocre maybe below. I never heard of Megan Boon but she can't act... It's like watching a soap actress.

Too bad it's not as enjoyable as I hoped it to be. I'm surprised that this series got such high ratings. Really?

For better series like this check "The Killing" (Danish Version)

Grtz M
  • levy_raph4 January 2014
    Overused cheap, predictable, unrealistic and overall bad plot twists,
    This show is totally awful. When after a few episodes, you don't care if any of the main characters dies, you know you're in for a bad time.

Every single episode is filled with totally unrealistic and predictable plot twists. Even worse, they all have insanely huge plot holes. You can spot at least 4 or 5 of them in EACH episode.

The line of each episode is also exactly the same, which makes them unsurprising and totally boring:

-Some bad guy shows up. Usually a week after another guy blew up something and got caught by a very untalented FBI agent (who's a profiler, but shouldn't she be in an office and not ALWAYS on the front line with no bulletproof protection?). -Red obviously knows about him. -Lizzy doesn't want his help. -He offers his help to the FBI -The Fbi refuses -He leaves. -FBi: WAIT, OK, we'll give you whatever you want -Lizzy: OK, please help me. -They track the bad guy and find him super easily, Red backstabs one of his old friends to get the info. -They catch him RIGHT before he commits another bad deed. -Lizzy hates Red

and some super secret plot about her husband unravelling but honestly you don't really give a damn.

And that's it.