- Family members get into arguments with each other. All of these arguments are incredibly intense.
- The film has house destruction sequences.
- A machete is shown briefly and it's suggested a man is killed with it.
- As the house falls apart, the family, including a young child, narrowly avoid getting crushed.
- Abuela and Mirabel have a very heated argument because of how the cracks started, and in tears, Mirabel says "I will never be good enough for you...will I!?", followed by her ranting about the burdens of her families gifts while Casita is crumbling and starting to destruct.
- Abuela's backstory may be upsetting for some.