User Reviews (461)

• aravindsri13 January 2018
    People with logic and a brain in general should avoid
    Maybe CW has taken it upon itself to ruin a great character from the DC Universe!!! Probably a child who has never been exposed to genres of movies which never make people think would enjoy this. A show full of stupid plot holes and unnecessary nagging in the form of emotions.... Worthless emotions are given importance rather than good character building and meaningful backstories. Literally the viewership would spike if they kill off stupid emotions and IRIS WEST and bring in some meaningful story!!!!!!
  • Phylum221 November 2017
    Loved it till season 3
    Loved this series till season 3, which is just plain farce.

Since Barry came back, the first three episodes have been shockingly awful.

Have the writers run out of ideas and resorted to plain old cheap laughs, no right, it ain't funny! Run out of money maybe?

I know Flash has always been lighter in theme than the other of the Marvel stable. However, season three, so far has been terribly bad.
  • puck-4557819 May 2016
    Its just bout making money!
    Sry for my English - i am from Germany!

I'm still watching this sh..t, just because i like the flash and there are some good animations where he moves fast. I don't have anything against the actors -still they upset me sometimes with the artificial drama. The most annoying is the story - the logical things. They try to force so much science into the episodes but they violate the basic laws of physics at the same time.

For example: Why must flash punch the giant gorilla with his hand??? Pick a f...g steel bar, speed up to mach-8 and punch the gorilla with the steel bar - that would be clever! Punching the gorilla with the hand on mach-8 is just stupid and you risk damage to the hand, nobody would do that - and you can apply this example to every episode!

Then there is "Mr. Cold" or whatever he is called. He is not even a real enemy to the flash. He cant do sh..t against flash with his canon. And why does flash have to run into the ice-cannon and fire-cannon at the same time to defeat the villains? Again do the same trick with the steel bar (like with the gorilla) and there would never be a problem.

There is something the writers and directors need to understand: The flash is so fast that it is difficult to find a real enemy for him. Still this is the challenge - to find a villain who beats flash with speed or with his cleverness - the reversed flash was a nice try (with his dead again not being logical).

No creativity, no logic - just stupid scripts.
  • imado22 September 2017
    Kill 'em all
    Might contain spoilers yet it is hard to spoil the show that spoiled.

Badly guided meat puppets randomly spewing out for no apparent reason phrases like "I promise", "It's not gonna happen", "It's my fault", "I promise", "It's not gonna happen, I promise" etc., horribly written by the "writers" who probably learned to write in a clown school, where they teach you how to annoy people off to no end instead of weaving beautiful story lines. And at some point one really starts to hope for mass murder suicide of the whole bunch of main characters and writers. Started by the emotionally unstable namesake of the show with his trembling and cracking voice of the person on the brink of hysteria and mental breakdown. +1 just for beautiful production of the set. PS: I have a bit of OCD concerning shows I started to watch, even awful ones. So this is my outlet for all the pain and suffering brought to me by 3 seasons of this one.
  • justplainbutch25 March 2016
    Even this forgiving DC fan couldn't get past The Flash's stupidity
    I wanted to like this show, I really did. But when the writers consistently try to treat me like I'm a nine-year-old with ADHD, it gets old. Plot holes in this series are ENORMOUS.

Who pays to keep S.T.A.R. Labs open? Who is feeding the meta-human prisoners and where do they shower? Why can Barry run faster than a bullet but not a flagpole being swung at him? There is obviously no one at the writers' table who is an actual scientist. It is apparent by the plethora of scientific errors. (500 proof alcohol? "Knots per mile?") The dialogue is really, really bad. For example, "Barry. Run." The chemistry between characters is forced. Plots are the same each week, save for a different villain.

And consistency is a problem. Only when a punch line is needed do Barry's sneakers flame up after running or (to get her to take off her shirt) Felicity's blouse catch on fire.

All in all, I am really amazed by how bad the writing on this show is and yet how highly regarded it seems to be on IMDb. To say The Flash is written more poorly than The Dukes of Hazzard or Love Boat would be an understatement.
  • catchlegendhere25 April 2016
    A bland and poorly written show that contradicts itself !!!
    "My name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive" - But every other speedster on the show is 100000000 times faster than this piece of poorly written and played character(even the new speedsters who just got their speed). "I hunted down the man who killed my mother" - No duh you did. He didn't even remotely hunt him down, it's actually the opposite way around and in the end it was not even him who defeated the reverse flash. It was because of eddie the reverse flash was defeated. And Gaaaawwwddddd !! The actor is terrible.He always talks as if he's got a tampon size ice cube up his arse. Not to mention the writing of the show is so cringeworthy, the flash heavily depends on other character's advice to use his powers. The flash himself is an intelligent personality who can figure counter measures on his own. Remember with his ability to run faster came the ability to think faster and better.

This show gets pretty REPETITIVE. A new villain shows up in an episode -> Flash shows up -> Gets beating -> Runs like a pussy -> Takes advice from his friends -> They come up with some lame and pretty basic advice -> Flash returns to villain with his new "move" and you know how it goes. What is this ? Power rangers ? This series is not even remotely close to the comic version of flash. Just a bunch of immature people getting together to destroy a good comic character. For the people who are watching Flash for the first time- Please do not judge flash's powers based on this series. This is an utter disaster and the Flash is not as dumb or whiny as they depict him in this show.
  • apostoloskouris4 March 2018
    why the iris thing?
    In the first two seasons they did some great job connecting barry and catlyn and then boom here comes iris they get married and now she is a speedster? wf once i heard that i quit the flash fore good it was the best tv show but know i will go bact to daredevil
  • anekenkenna27 August 2017
    The more you look, the less you see
    I'm not sure exactly who this movie was made for, I mean if it were made exclusively for 13 year old children, then I might be very understanding as to why it feels really weird to watch, I literally can't stand this movie, Please who wrote the scripts? No imagination! at first I thought it must be one of those indoor nerds who wrote the entire thing but then, there was that episode where apparently Cisco had to hack the city's network and they weren't being explicit as to what "network" they wanted to hack, then apparently the network was hacked in 4 seconds, like I could see the laptop the apparent hacker used showing graphic images of 3D models, that was when I knew it wasn't even a geek who wrote the Script. The languages are too cliché and I had to ask for help to un-see this thing. don't even get me started with the Intro speech. But then again, perhaps they wanted just an audience of 13 year olds.
  • letterempfang21 June 2016
    Great for children up to 6, dangerously bad for everyone else.
    This show really makes you wish to be able to go back into the mind of a little child. Unfortunately, if you have an IQ higher than that of a 6 year old or are not a complete idiot, you will witness the absolute murderfest of a character you may have held dear and loved all your life.

The writers absolutely POOP right on the most basic writing rules. They are write themselves into corners, then just go to cheap tools to erase it, only to write themselves into the next corner.

So it happens that the Flash is fast enough to vibrate through a gasoline truck, hell, he's even so fast, that he goes back in time! But... wait, there's a guy with some bees, and the Flash is powerless. Oh noes, a guy who has little toys that will follow you: Flash is powerless. A guy with a gun that shoots a ray of ice that travels slower than the water of a waterhose? Flash is powerless. Oh, did I say that the Flash can catch a bullet that is being shot at the back of his head, without turning around? Yeah, that is no problem.

But everything else is. So he relies on a team of specialists, who work in a high tech underground lab - that any enemy can penetrate, as long as they have a hand to open the door lol.

The acting: The actors really try as hard as they can to be worse than the writing, and they almost make it. But like when trying to act, they fail here too. Iris and her Dad have the range of glue stuck to glue, and everybody else does a really awful at it too.

There is NO consistency, no logic, no real drama (who EVER thought for one second, that Barry really is about to die? be honest!). The show is just one big assassination of one of DCs coolest and (normally) funniest characters.

I wish I could be at the intellectual level of a plant or gum under the table, cause then I could enjoy the series about one of my favorite characters. But anybody with a sliver of intelligent, won't be able to enjoy that trainwreck of a insult to sentient beings.

And this is the toned down version of my review.
  • majidrafique12 March 2018
    It has become crap
    Forst 2 seasons were awsome but after that the show seems to be majorly targetting, focusing and forcebly imposing on some specific things un necessarily. Being dragged and has become a piece of crap
  • mikomanninen17 June 2016
    Horrible writing lately
    I have been quite happy with the Flash until I saw season 2 Episode 18. The writing in that episode is beyond stupidity. Why?

• All portals to the other earth were closed. Zoom is fatally sick. In a few years he would die by himself. No real reason to open portal to other earth.

• Barry is faster than Zoom. Barry captures Zoom but does not knock him out or anything. Instead Barry just talks to Zoom and fails to keep him captured. Also the trap they made for Zoom is stupid. Barry already is faster than Zoom so there was no need for a trap.

• When Zoom handed over Wally to the Flash team, why didn't Barry just break the deal and kill him or at least knock him out and capture him?. Instead Barry makes the most retarded decision he has ever made. He gives his powers to the serial killer Zoom, who could kill everyone in the earth especially when there is no one to stop him (the Flash is the only one who could stop him).

So Barry risks both earths for no good reason. Was he afraid to fight Zoom? Who knows. I hope they don't make this kind of writing mistakes in the future or the Flash is over for me.
  • Diego Berges25 May 2016
    Second season: awful script, acting and continuity
    In my opinion, this show started great with a surprising first season, but as the second season came along is like the show- runners and script writers ran out of ideas and started doing random stuff that made no sense whatsoever. The second season had way too many plot holes and continuity errors. Too many things made no sense whatsoever and many other things were left completely unexplained. It was almost as if the both the show- runners and the script writers were changed halfway through the season and they had no idea what was going on with the show. I won't get too much into detail but an example of this was the Zoom almost killing "Jay Garrick" flashback at the beginning of the season. Technically, with what happened later on the show, that NEVER happened since it was all made up by zoom, so why show a flashback to an event that never happened?! A second example was when Zoom killed his Jay Garrick self in front of the team. He arrived with the body at his lair and said "Well, this is a complication" but then like 3 episodes later supposedly it was all part of his plan all along and his Jay Garrick self agreed to being killed. So why, if it was all part of his plan all along and his other self agreed to being killed, why was it a complication? The season already ended and this was never explained. These two things I just mentioned were left completely unexplained and it caused continuity errors with things that happened later that SAME season. They create quite the plot holes as well. But these are just two of perhaps the 10 to 15 things that were left completely unexplained by that season. It is almost as if they just rushed through the script writing without revising it after they were done. They really didn't think things through with this season. Maybe the success of the first season got in their heads and they thought they could just make a bunch of random illogical stuff and people would like it.

Another thing is that the acting this season felt less natural, like they suddenly forgot how to act sometimes. It bugged me quite a lot, specially with Danielle Panabaker who, in my opinion, had the worst acting this season.This does not applies to Tom Cavanagh because he is actually a great actor.

So yeah, unfortunately, looking at how the second season played out, if in the third season they don't do something to fix all the errors they made in the second season then this show will get nowhere, and if they continue making more continuity errors and plot holes then this show will completely fail.
  • Farrukh Aftab1 January 2017
    Excellent start but fades away..
    If you had asked me a couple of years ago what the best super hero TV show at the time was, I would have said The Flash.

The show started excellently well with a gripping pilot and a good story line. It starts with how Barry Allen becomes The Flash starting with how he gets his powers, then learns how to use/control them and then tries to solve the mystery of his mother's death to avenge his father. Overall season 1 was superb! Season 2 was weak when it comes to the story line but the excitement of seeing new metas, cross over episodes and 'team flash' developing some individual abilities of their own makes watching the season worthwhile.

Season 3 has been average at best and my rating of flash that started from a full 10 has dropped to 7 over two years. Constant time traveling and meddling with things not only gets confusing in my opinion, but also makes you lose interest.

I would definitely recommend people to give this show a go (especially if you are a DC fan) but the eventual and constant decline of the show is pretty obvious as you go on with the episodes.
  • radiantheta13 September 2015
    Childish...
    This is my first time writing a review, but that's just how irritating this show was for me, one word to describe this show is cliché. First of all the show is so repetitive, the villain makes a first appearance and the flash with all his speed and abilities has to lose to the villain at first and then go prepare himself in star labs then he beats the villain in a rather disappointing showdown, excuse me but İ find it illogical that the flash would stop right before catching a shapeshifter just to tell him "You cant outrun me" resulting in his escape, really ? what a cliché. And yes the inconsistency of the flash's powers why isn't he able to avoid getting punched ? or speed his way out of a group of bees ? or avoid getting hit by a freezing/fire throwing gun ? it's just lazy on the writers' side to not try and find real challenges to his abilities instead of just contradicting the powers he shows in other unnecessary aspects of his life. Show is also full of plot holes, star labs is the place where everything about barry's identity is kept secret yet people just keep barging in on them like iris confirming the flash's identity, also how eddie keeping barry's identity a secret is affecting his relationship with iris is beyond me it's like they're begging for something to fill the episodes with, not to mention the corny dialogue. Also if cisco put his mind to it he can cure cancer.
  • Bones T10 May 2015
    Would Somebody Please Shut Iris West Up!
    Every episode Iris West goes on and on about how "Barry lied to me," "My father lied to me," "my boyfriend lied to me." Talk about a broken record. First she goes from being a waitress to magically getting a job as a top reporter. Then she spends the rest of her screen time accusing people of lying to her, then acting like a 10 year old by giving everyone the silent treatment. Her rants are always about, "I thought you loved me," "I thought you were my best friend." Unfortunately I know I am not the only person who just wants someone to put a bullet in her head and get that annoying character off the show. And why on earth would anyone want to date or live with that shrew? Her character adds nothing to any storyline. Get rid of her. It is otherwise a pretty good, albeit, a kind of childish show.
  • Jim de Graff28 January 2015
    Entertaining but assumes the viewers are morons
    When I was a lad back in the 60s my favourite super heroes were The Flash and Green Lantern. I'll discuss the horror that was the recent Green Lantern movie in that thread.

I was really looking forward to the 2014 version of The Flash. While John Wesley Shipp made a great Flash back in 1990, the writers just had to inject the usual cornball humour that ruined the show for me. The 2014 Flash suffers from a different problem. The writers assume that the viewers are morons. Two examples follow:

In one episode, Flash fights an opponent who can turn to steel. He defeats him with a risky move that requires him to run at supersonic speed, then enter a building and punch the villain. If the theory is wrong The Flash dies. Here's an idea. How about using the same speed to launch something like a brick at him? In either case, though, how does one stop in the length of a high school corridor when one is traveling at supersonic speed?

But the biggest problem is that the writers continue to ignore the fact that The Flash can run really really fast. That's kind of the whole basis of the series. Check out the episode where he is up against Captain Cold and Heat Wave. The two villains are in the middle of the street and the only way he can defeat them is to get hit by both guns at the same time? We just saw Barry serve coffee to a room full of customers without being detected (because he can run really really fast - get it?). Here's an idea. Run really really fast and take their guns away before they can fire them.

Then there's the other option. As my son and I watched the show we repeatedly turned to each other and said the single word, "sniper". Somehow all those police just overlooked the fact that they carry guns and neither of the villains was wearing a bullet proof vest. And even if they were. Head shot! Duh!

So I am tired of being treated like a moron. I think I'll be passing on future episodes. Pity.
  • electengrusama26 October 2017
    Disappointment
    I think, first two seasons were good, but at the third season was totally disappointment because SAVATAR were killed by the bullet, " savatar who was the fastest speedster then anyone more speed than zoom and the flash and killed by the bullet, what the fish and what?, I just started the four season then first minutes cisco and kid flash was abducted by womon because of a gun. totally out of logic. I merely don't understand. what is director doing about all this?
  • damon salvatore19 August 2015
    ughhh what a crap !!
    Firstly and most importantly this show is sooo bad because of the horrible acting , cliché dialogue and terrible writing . Why can't these superhero shows are given to writers and directors of shows like game of thrones , the wire , walking dead and shows like sopranos which has got such a bravo acting and story . I have seen that most of the Marvel's show are just crap only because of the terrible acting , dialogues and character . Now coming back to Flash , this show has one positive point and that is photography rest is just a garbage . And that character iris west , oh lord !!! can somebody just shut her up !! Even the lab geeks of STARS lab who has technology and help flash are soo terrible and the dialogues are so cliché and acting is just horrible and childish type , even the comedy punches are so horrible uughhhh..!!! This show is good for children in the age group 5-15 and for those who haven't seen any serial as mentioned above by me .There are so many logical errors in this show , i mean just take one for an example that the flash has got such a high speed and even though he just stand in front of a gun point and takes the beating . And shows speed at unnecessary places . I even watched 2-3 episodes of it believing that it will get better and acting might improve but its all in vane .8/10 rating of this show is only because of the superhero fan who have read all of the flash comics and now seeing it on TV for real .
  • Cave Intee Forwin4 February 2015
    Most of the rating comes from fan bias
    The spoilers here are very minor and will not affect your experience if you're the average person. Still, better safe than sorry. WRITING (Conflicts, character actions, and dialogue) The writing in this show is less than impressive. There is no such thing as subtlety and half the dialogue is them throwing in the word "fast" for the hell of it. At one point, a character says to some random thug "Freeze! Now, get on the ground or do you wanna find out the hard way that you're not faster than a bullet?" I'm actually quite certain that the line verbatim is worse than that. A lot of plot points make no sense, and this is a huge problem with The Flash in general. The Flash is so fast that few conflicts are actually conflicts for The Flash, but rather than being creative and trying to think up interesting conflicts, they make the characters mentally incompetent to the point that The Flash, who can dodge a bullet, cannot dodge a punch. This actually becomes the main plot point of an entire episode. His inability to dodge attacks at normal speed makes no sense. Also, he has a tendency to block bullets that he doesn't even know are there. In one episode, he reaches behind him and pinches a random spot behind his neck and there just happens to be a bullet there for him to block! What an ESSENTIALLY IMPOSSIBLE COINCIDENCE! That is the laziest writing ever. "We need our character to get shot at without getting shot. Let's just have him randomly reach back for some reason, I'm sure we'll figure it out in post." There's an episode where he has to catch three motorcyclists. So, he runs to each of them, takes them to a police station and handcuffs them to a pole like he always does. I'm just kidding, he creates roadblocks where he thinks they'll go so that he can make all the motorcyclists go towards each other, and then they won't know how to move past each other, so they'll stop and the police can get them, at which point there will be an utterance of "Checkmate." That last bit is also not a joke. That happened. This is actually something that a producer and a team of writers looked over and said "Nothing wrong here. Onwards to production!" Also, this is My Little Pony with adults watching (so, just My Little Pony...with Rainbow Dash as the main character, I suppose). They like to have Aesops to each episode, and they're very basic moral lessons, or even broken ones, and then they'll do what's essentially a Dear Celestia inner monologue at the end of each episode. "Today, I learned..." Really? There's no subtlety in the character development at all. At certain points, I swear the characters literally look at the camera and go "I've really changed today. I used to think A and now I think B." Here's a bit of dialogue meant to be badass. (Right before Barry's about to leave.) "Barry." (Barry stops to see why his peer decided to stop him during this urgent mission.) "Yes?" "Run." CONSISTENCY There is no consistency with Barry's powers. The effects of running really fast (friction, air compression, etc.) turn on and off randomly. At one point, a woman's shirt burns off despite that making no sense whatsoever, presumably because one of the writers thought that the actress was hot and knew he had the power to get her to reveal a little more. As I mentioned before, he just decides not to dodge punches. Or grab people's weapons to disarm them. He also runs slow enough for The Arrow to see him and aim at him when he's fast enough to see bullets. Bullets are so fast that 500 feet away, all you can do is blink before the bullet reaches you. Otherwise, you're completely still. Everything should be frozen for Barry, but he runs at the speed of a falcon from time to time. TECHNICALITIES Bullets and guns. Don't expect them to make sense. Physics. Chemistry. Science in general. Tensile strength being a huge factor when hitting someone? Hearing a sonic boom from something that hasn't gotten to you yet? A gun that creates the heat of the Big Bang? A needle the heat of the Sun would kill everyone in at least a one thousand mile radius. A warehouse the heat of all the energy in the universe (which, you might notice, doesn't make sense) would evaporate all matter in the entire solar system. But no worries here, just some second degree burns (these were normal humans that got second degree burns, not The Flash, so no superpowers to withstand the energy of the entire universe there). 500 proof alcohol? Iron oxide being uncommon? Turn your brain off or get a hemorrhage. It's nice to see The Flash moving about with live actors (though poor actors), but that's it. That's the only pro. That's all this show gets.
  • saishwat-prgt11 October 2017
    Strong Season 1, dismal thereafter
    Season 1 of The Flash was exceptional with everything needed in a Sci-fi Action Thriller. Good story line with exciting twists and a superhero, what else do we need. But since the start of season 2, it has gone from bad to terrible numerous times. Bad acting, dismal plot and sometimes hilarious CGI didn't help its cause either. In the era of exceptional CGI in TV, with shows like GoT and Viking, this looks like a B-Grade Sci-fi movie.
  • hnt_dnl22 March 2018
    Went to crap all because of ONE character!
    I should have known it was too good to be true. Seasons 1 and 2 of THE FLASH (2014-?) were among the best seasons of ANY superhero show I've ever seen, as good as or better than the best seasons of it's beloved predecessor 'Smallville'. And it's interesting because The Flash, for better or worse, reminds me of Smallville a lot. Unfortunately, the worst part of Flash, namely the character Iris West, completely reminds me of the worst part of Smallville, namely Lana Lang. And the big difference is that while Lana eventually left Smallville, thereby proving the addition by subtraction principle and the show flourishing in her absence, unfortunately it's become painfully obvious that Iris West is going to remain on The Flash until the end of the series, which may come sooner than later based on it's fast deterioration since the first 2 great seasons.

Seasons 1 and 2 were so awesome, just almost perfect writing and storytelling: invigorating action sequences, entertaining stories, and (mostly) lovable characters supported by witty, funny, strong writing. It was during these seasons that the series was built upon the incredible chemistry of the Team Flash of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), Caitlin Snow (Danielle Panabaker), Joe West (Jesse L. Martin), Cisco Ramone (Carlos Valdes), and Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh). This team had perfect synergy, always having each other's backs, supporting each other, establishing strong bonds, and working together like a well-oiled machine. THEN it began to slowly deteriorate once the writers decided to focus more on Iris West (played dubiously by the overrated Candace Patton).

Iris has always been a bland, lackluster character on this series to me. But at least in the first two seasons, she generally never got in the way of the story, so it flowed much better than it has in Seasons 3 and 4. Season 3 was written specifically as a plot to try and make Iris relevant and likable and it backfired. Instead, it showcased her sheer ineptitude and uselessness to the narrative. She was in every other scene just stating the obvious and spewing out pep talks to Barry. WestAllen in their own way is as bad and pathetic as Clana was on Smallville where Iris disrupts Barry's life and potential as much as Lana did Clark. By Season 3, Barry is so obsessed this girl that he can't see straight and has been reduced to a rather selfish, lazy hero, which he wasn't in the first 2 seasons. I honestly believe the downfall of this series is because of Iris.

Season 3 was a train wreck, just boring episode after boring episode with Iris glued to Barry's hip and every other episode ending with some makeout session in their new apartment. Iris is in StarLabs every episode for no reason, never at her actual reporting job, which she got under suspicious circumstances. Barry's creation of Flashpoint really ruined everything, but being with Iris makes him even worse because she ignores his mistakes, makes everything about her and their boring love story, which has the most shaky foundation of any love story I've ever seen. Raised in the same home with Iris thinking of Barry as her "brother" for years, then through Barry essentially stalking her and forcing his feelings on her through them being a couple in alternate realities and other Earths, Iris decides to just make herself love him. I don't buy it. Season 3 was a more "serious" season with boring and/or stupid filler episodes, including the Grodd episodes, that cheesy musical episode, and that stupid filler amnesia episode, and a lame CGI-infested villain Savitar. And Season 4 is even worse with the dumbing down of Team Flash, Iris being continually forced into the narrative, and stupid humor to overcompensate for how awful Season 3 was. And it's all because of ONE terrible character, Iris West, that the writers have let this happen. And I think no matter what they do going forward, it's too late.
  • Harshith Bangera8 March 2018
    Iris is the most irritating character of a very cliche show (till Season 3)
    I watched season 1 long back and was disappointed. I loved the science and the speed but the character Iris was irritating as hell. So I stopped watching The Flash. But then justice League happened. I wanted to watch The Flash again and I did. But then adding to Iris there was this teen like kid flash. The episodes keep pissing me off as it goes by. Hope they change the writers.
  • wwwocls-7275924 March 2017
    Perfectly captures the superhero spirit.
    I've only seen the first season so far so I'll comment on it. I'm a fanboy that loves superhero stuff. This series is everything I could want because it captures the spirit of heroism that's so important to any superhero endeavor. If anything Barry is a little too heroic, even apologizing for things that aren't his fault, but that's the kind of spirit the good guys should be about. Though I think he would have been a perfect Peter Parker/Spider-Man, I think Grant Gustin kills it as the Flash. He perfectly captures what it is to be a hero, selflessness (even when it's very painful), compassion and the willingness to risk his life to protect the innocent. That's what heroes are all about and something we've lost in an age where we choose to believe in nothing. Superheroes are all about Utopian ideals; what could we accomplish if we were truly good inside and were motivated by good intentions? We need heroes in our movies and TV and The Flash perfectly captures that.

I think Gustin is a terrific young actor because he can express the pain of Barry Allen expertly and that's what's needed for the heroes journey, the choice to serve others at expense of your own goals and dreams. The supporting cast is a bit uneven. Jesse L Martin is excellent and Carlos Valdez gets to be so endearing that certain plot points later on make you upset when things don't go his way. One thing about these CW shows is that the actresses never seen to come off well, just flighty and silly. Danielle Panabaker is fine in her role but Candice Patton's Iris West is a real bubble head. She's the only one the entire first season that can't see the obvious in front or her face. They probably overworked to make her situation with both Barry and Flash as separate entities like Margot Kidder's Lois Lane to Christopher Reeve's Superman. The parallels are virtually identical. Still, if you have to borrow, borrow from something good. Tom Cavanagh is the strongest actor in the series. He handles his complicated part perfectly. The villains are mostly fine though not exactly noteworthy. The exceptions are Reverse Flash (our main villain) and the wonderful Wentworth Miller as old school villain Captain Cold. The special effects are incredible (as they needed to be.)

I read a few comments about the show not building a story right away and that's complete nonsense. Barry's creation and evolution as the Flash are juxtaposed with his greatest enemy in his midst without his knowledge (or even knowing he's his enemy yet.) The show builds Harrison Wells as the main villain in Episode 2 so that's pretty much having a direction for the show from early on. And, yes, it's a young Flash so it's going to appeal to younger viewers and that's fine by me. One of the things I loved about the wonderful Batman Begins is that it showed the heroes journey by a young Bruce Wayne into Batman. Heroism comes from the inside and by choice. It's not having superpowers alone. It's what you do with them and The Flash gets that.

Hey, I'm a mark for anything superhero but I'm also a mark for good movies and TV. The Flash is a show with millennials in mind and that's fine by me. As an older viewer, I can appreciate it because it captures the timeless beauty of good vs. evil, concepts we should all ponder when we make our choices in life. Loved the first season. Will soon see the second season on DVD and will possibly make another review.
  • Kurokami Miki15 November 2017
    1st season was a 9, than Iris West made the 3rd and 4th season a 1
    I loved this show, even if it was not faithful to the source material, I like Irish redheads but meh Americans have some kind of skin color fetish and they made a very beautiful Irish redhead in a black brunette, let's say this I was excited for the flash that I let that thing go as the actress looks decent and in the beginning she was quite bearable. So all in all I gave it a chance.

But boy was I wrong to give her a chance, she single handed managed to destroy the 3rd season and season 4 made me just skip watch all of it as she murdered The Flash and became We Flash, episode 5 was so freaking bad I think it hit the lowest score for all episodes overall and it was the an episode about Girls Night Out, with some feminist substrate and no Flash action whatsoever, is like watching a pron with no actual pron action.

Initially I gave this a 9 rating but now overall this show is at that point in time when I watch it less and less or even skip watch because the content is too annoying or boring.

The only thing to save this show is Iris West needs to die (not the actor she is just annoying by nature just like King Geoffrey) and the writers need to use the source material as there is plenty to use.
  • suryapratap-947374 November 2017
    Getting worse with every new season
    I have been a huge fan of this series and really loved it for first two seasons.But now they are losing there track and I don't know why they are so much focused on Joe's family.He found his wife, got his son, he is dating Cecile and now is going have a baby.Sometimes it feels like the Joe is the main character and all story revolves around him.

The other character that gets on my nerve is Iris.In this season she irritates me every time she comes on screen.I mean why is getting so much importance and what is she doing in the star labs? A how dare she say "we are the flash" , even Cisco, Caitlin or Harrison Wells hasn't said something like that.I sometimes wish that Savitar should have killed her.

They are like always having a speedster villain and the show is getting way too lighter.It looks like they are not having a speedster villain this season and I hope the show improves.