• Let's get this out of the way - Konami sucks. It sucks that the full game died under the Kojima- Konami fallout, because of all the things this trailer beholds. I know a good game when I see it - PT today is currently one of the most influential horror games out there, people trying to bring back its old glory, even replicating it. It does the name of "Silent Hill" good. It scares the crap out of you, and makes you incredibly proud of it at the same time.

I apologize if I'm over hyping it for anyone - but it really is an incredible game. Even today, new secrets and details are surfacing from this ONE DEMO. It's gorgeous, it's atmospheric, it's simply a well done game on it's own and we'll have to hope that maybe someday, Kojima will grant us the full story of which Silent Hills was intended.

The only critique, as many others do, is of the puzzles, which are difficult in their ambiguity - not that it matters anymore. Unless you still have it downloaded onto your PlayStation, the game is no longer obtainable on Konami's part, so, all I can say is, watch as many playthroughs and articles of it as possible - serving you as entertainment, a horror movie, an amazing trailer, and a mystery that we collectively must work through in order to truly understand it.

100/10, in my book.
  • Silent Hills/P.T. is one of the most scariest games that has ever been played by Human Beings. makes me wish the full project hadn't been cancelled (Konami is to blame for that). The atmosphere and setting alone is creepy, ad gets more and more intense as you continue on. It truly has the layer of fear that always makes you want to pause the game after hearing the slightest noise. The way to the ending is quite clever and unique. from collecting pieces of a picture in cleverly hidden areas to steps that require you using your Playstation Microphone.

It's truly a disappointment that we'll never be able to get another game like this again. this game has so much detail and innovation, not to mention that there was so much hype built right after lots of people (Mostly Youtubers such as CoryXKenshin, Markiplier, Dashiegames, Pewdiepie, Etc.) have played an completed it. The work that Kojima put behind it really shows and it is such a shame that we will never be able to get another game as well thought out, as well detailed, and as Nightmare fuel inducing as this.

Rating: 10/10
  • It might have been just a demo but still worth talking about

Positives:
    • Atmosphere
    • Psychological elements
    • Presentation
    • Concepts and themes

Negatives:
    • The fact that it was cancelled
  • It's not a bad game, for sure. It's beautifully made and very very tense, given its atmosphere. There's a lot left unsolved. I went into this hearing that it was one of the scariest games of all time, which is saying something, since it was just a teaser, but was incredibly disappointed. From an aesthetic point of view, it's very well done. From a horror game point of view, it could've done way better, in my opinion.
    "Silent Hills"? What? Where are the characters? Where's the soundtrack? The disturbing scenarios? I know it's a demo, but it certainly does not deserve much more than a 5/10 rating. Filled with boring clichés and repetitive and homogeneous gameplay and situations.

Also, first person?! Are you serious? With that, they just killed the game. No more feeling like you're somehow being observed, i had no problem with moving through the map, unlike with other real Silent Hill games. The camera is fundamental for a good horror game. Why did they think that it would be a good idea to make it first person? I mean, compare any moment of this game to the part when Harry walks trough the alley at the beginning of the first Silent Hill game. Now, doesn't it feel like there's something missing on Silent Hills? No more being afraid of what the hell could be around the corner, 'cause i'm telling you, the only thing you are going to find is nothing but just another cliché the --classic-- evil lady. No more having nightmares about the place you're in, because in this case, is just a simple house. The "scariest" thing i could find in this game, is the living fetus in the bathroom. And that is not even scary or disturbing. And also, what's the deal with the story that the fellow in the radio was telling?

"This brutal killing took place while the family was gathered at home on a Sunday afternoon. The day after the crime, the father went to the trunk of his car, retrieved the rifle, and shot his wife as she was cleaning up the kitchen after lunch. When his ten-year-old son came to investigate the commotion, the father shot him, too. His six-year-old daughter had the good sense to hide in the bathroom, but reports suggest he lured her out by telling her it was just a game. The girl was found shot once in the chest from point blank rage. The mother, who was shot in the stomach, was pregnant at the time. Police arriving on-scene after neighbors called 911 found the father in his car, listening to the radio. Several days before the murders, neighbors say they heard the father repeating a sequence of numbers in a loud voice. They said it was like he was chanting some strange spell".

Scariest game ever 10/10 Psychological horror Masterpiece

What would Takayoshi Sato think about this? And Hiroyuki Owaku? Clichés everywhere. They'd be disgusted. You just can't make another Silent Hill 2 without putting Team Silent back together, that's a fact. But they could've put a bit more of effort on making this game feel a bit more original. Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro. Metal Gear Solid 3 and El Laberinto Del Fauno. Couldn't they make something better? Argh. You know what? Let's just keep things simple. I can't understand why people love this game so much. It's not a good game just because it has been very influential. Have you ever thought about that?

Also, they actually made a joke about this cheap way of trying (and i say trying because not even my 10 year old cousin got slightly uptight) to scare the player in Silent Hill 3, you know? When you get to the "Borley Haunted Masion" (if you ever play the game, which i strongly recommend, because you will enjoy every second of it), you will know what i am talking about and you will realize that this will never be a Silent Hill. Never. And it certainly does absoutely no good to the name of Silent Hill. But well, it's because of people who played the zombie mode of Call of Duty and called it psychological horror that this game is amazingly rated 9,4 here on IMDb.

And by the way, how many of you who have played this game and say that is an "extraordinary psychological horror game" have played the original ones, huh? Do you even know what psychological horror is? Yeah. This is why we get games like Slenderman: The Eight Pages and Layers of Fear.